Poll

Choose your winner!

Flyffy
Voltsters
homework
Pain of Naught
Elitist
Kevin Moore

Author Topic: Sacul's controversial roulette v2. UNNECESSARY EPILOGUE  (Read 79526 times)

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
finally :)

Offline senecadawg2

That's impolite.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
-sition! Hey everyone, the list has been updated with the last batch of albums I mentioned before, as well as the banned artists and the ones that are available for resubmission. The "Best of Roulette" playlist has been updated as well.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Sent a song from the 70's - it's almost as if I haven't been reading this thread at all. :lol

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Again, a good song; but not as good as the others. You're tough to please :lol
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline 425

Lorde is awesome in every way. Glory and Gore is awesome, Buzzcut Season is more awesome, all awesome.

Meanwhile 425 takes the risk of sending Sacul Metallica and of course it fails. :lol

Sent some more classic metal.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Lorde is awesome in every way. Glory and Gore is awesome, Buzzcut Season is more awesome, all awesome.
Yeah I can't complain about those scores, Buzzcut Season is definitely the better song.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Was looking at the list... I saw a particular album on there and was like  :omg:
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
I hope your song leaves me like that  :smiley:

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't get all the praise Bird of Sorrow gets, honestly.

Will send something this evening. Glad this is the last round I have to send from the list.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
I think when the song reaches the climax and Glen is basically yelling to his mother to hang on... it just gets me. Hard.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
sent

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
feeling a mid to strong 8 on these results

also I need to figure out how to send links on my phone bcuz spoilers i'm on my phone until potentially Monday  :lol

also rip seneca

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
(Train of Naught) Slash feat. Miles Kennedy & The Conspirators - Beneath the Savage Sun
 This is by far the guitar work I've heard of Slash, pretty dark and heavy. Miles' vocals are excellent here, he does a great job. A pretty interesting song, quite heavy, but well written at the same time. And although I don't really pay much attention to solos nowadays, that's a pretty good one. I guess this case is similar to Alter Bridge to me - although Blackbird has 1 or 2 highlights, and most songs on their own aren't fantastic, as a whole it forms a very consistent album. I hope this is also the case here. 4/5
Nah, you'll absolutely hate the album, this was probably the only song you'd like from it, maybe 1-3 others but that's it, glad you liked it though!

Evermind, how about that 12 minute song? Mine just got blocked, same artist got sent this round.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Mine is still game. Since almost everyone sends the bands I don't know a single song from I don't think any of my planned bands are going to be blocked.

Not that it matters much though. :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Welp. Mine was Deadman by Karnivool, beautiful song. But in the end I had plans on sending another song from that album so I probably wasn't going to send it anyway.

Also, sent some ballsy drum & metal & bass
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Tyrias

I can live with a 4, although I think I would rate it slightly higher.

I'll think a bit about my last list-song (not that I have many options left) and send. I'll be glad when I can send what I want and give you stuff you've never heard of before :lol.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

REVIEW ILLMATIC SACULTHONY YOU SACK OF SHIT

Offline Fluffy Lothario

(Fluffy Lothario) Soundgarden - Superunknown
Damn, what a fantastic singer. Like, he actually is the centrepiece of the song, and oh shit he elevates everything a fucking lot. Like, if this had a different guy or just different melodies, it would have just been ok. Instead, I find a vocalist that not only has a great sense of rhythm but a great melodic mind. Although at first I thought the guitar work was just ok, I've grown to appreciate it a lot, even the little solo. And I thought Nirvana was a representation of grunge, heh - this is better than anything on Nevermind. Excellent track. 4.5/5

There's a lot more variety in grunge than people give it credit for. All of the four major bands have very different styles. Even Nirvana sound totally different on each of their three albums.

But regardless, I'll continue to stick my neck out and say Superunknown is the peak of the genre, and a better mainstream rock album hasn't been released since. If you like Chris Cornell on that track, there's no reason you shouldn't love the album overall, not to mention Badmotorfinger.

And if you aren't aware, Chris Cornell and Rage Against the Machine minus vocalist Zack de la Rocha were a band for a while called Audioslave. They turned sour quickly, but their first album is really good. (Someone could even send a track from it, I have no intentions to).

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Dang, can't argue with Superunknown getting a high score, great to see it here, and I guess this will be yet another roulette in which Spoonman is (indirectly) denied  :millahhhh

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Welp. Mine was Deadman by Karnivool, beautiful song. But in the end I had plans on sending another song from that album so I probably wasn't going to send it anyway.

Also, sent some ballsy drum & metal & bass

I think Sacul would have liked Deadman better than We Are, it certainly has better songwriting (But the live version of We Are just gets me somehow :p) Deadmen or perhaps Alpha Omega .

Now to find three more songs from your list  :azn:
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Fluffy Lothario

Dang, can't argue with Superunknown getting a high score, great to see it here, and I guess this will be yet another roulette in which Spoonman is (indirectly) denied  :millahhhh
I was tossing up between Superunknown and Spoonman... and Mailman, and My Wave, and Head Down, and Limo Wreck...'

Not gonna play it safe. Sent an alt-country song.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
Sent for R5, the song is perhaps a little bit too simple/repetative ( but it fits the song very well I think)
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
HELL YEAH  :metal
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
What's this about 12 minute songs?

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
I have no clue :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
What's this about 12 minute songs?
Final round was supposedly getting a longer length limit but I guess it's not gonna happen. My perfect 12 minute song is off the table anyway so I don't mind.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
this is not the final round though  :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

:vomitard:

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright, screw that, I'll send tomorrow evening. Should still be in time before the shaming begins.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
granted i didn't really think about that last pick.  I was listening to it yesterday and thought 'this is cool but it goes nowhere'  which is pretty much what you ended up writing. so, lol
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:10:24 PM by sneakyblueberry »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
I figured out how to send from my phone, so I sent black metal with pretty noticeably bad production that's still awesome in spite of it

1.5/5

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
12 submissions in! Those who haven't sent yet have 12 hs to do so before justice  :police:

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Really now?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Oooh, I've found one album in the list I've never noticed until now. Sending soon.

Whatever score I'll get, this song is so amazing I have no regrets at all.

Edit: sent. Might be my best song out of these five rounds.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:58:57 PM by Evermind »