Author Topic: 2016 Roulette Championship v. THE CONCLUSION  (Read 106473 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 Roulette Championship v. R6 underway
« Reply #735 on: March 10, 2016, 10:13:43 AM »
Can you two be the judges in the next installment of this? Despite being in the second place now, I have a feeling I would've done much better in this case. :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #736 on: March 10, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »
Hey Bolsters, what if after several championships you make a Special, Ultimate League with championship winners, and let Parama, Tom Bombadil (or Elite) and me be the judges? It'd surely be the most frustrating thing on Earth  :P

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #737 on: March 10, 2016, 10:22:08 AM »
Hey Bolsters, what if after several championships you make a Special, Ultimate League with championship winners, and let Parama, Tom Bombadil (or Elite) and me be the judges? It'd surely be the most frustrating thing on Earth  :P

How about a roulette where you three will just send the songs to each other? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #738 on: March 10, 2016, 10:26:31 AM »
I'd love to be a judge in the next championship  :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #739 on: March 10, 2016, 10:30:37 AM »
"This song was alright, not enough black metal screams and 8 minute silences though"

4/10
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #740 on: March 10, 2016, 10:34:14 AM »
you poor, poor thing

I want 10-minute triphop songs with random samples all over the place though tbh

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #741 on: March 10, 2016, 11:00:35 AM »
I want 10-minute triphop songs with random samples all over the place though tbh
Not exactly the time length you requested, but here you have  :corn

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #742 on: March 10, 2016, 11:12:25 AM »
I sincerely hope you didn't spend time gathering about a dozen links in response to a sarcastic post :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #743 on: March 10, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »
I have like 4 hours untill my next class so yes I did  :lol

All of those are at least pretty great tho.

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #744 on: March 10, 2016, 02:12:14 PM »
Here they are, my long-awaited round 6 write-ups. I’d say this was a pretty average round, nothing awful, a few so-so songs, a few good ones, a few great ones. For this round I deliberately didn’t look up who sent which song, so I only knew which song was Sacul’s for my first 2 listens (because it was just so obvious ;)). I checked who sent what afterwards, but I just wanted to have an unbiased first impression of the songs.

Sacul: DJ Shadow - Stem/Long Stem
I really like the somber, laid back, kind of dark atmosphere in this one. And you were absolutely right, this works best in darkness. I did my first few listens while taking a walk or going to university and the song just wasn’t as good as during my last listen with lights off on my good speakers. That weird break at around the 2 minutes mark was a bit jarring for me on my first listen, but it’s okay now. Kind of adds to the atmosphere. I love that hectic electronic drumbeat at the end of the first song of the suite. And yes, I stand by my opinion that it’s more of a suite than a whole song, even though there are some reprises of the main melody in the second song. There’s a 3 second break, and the first song would have been complete without anything else, as would the second one. I won’t hold that against it, though. My favourite part is probably the spoken samples in the second song, the music and the “melody” of his speaking, plus the content of his narration, really make it something special. The end drags just the slightest bit though, which kind of prevent this from getting an amazing score. It’s still awesome though.

Nekov: Dragon - Sunburst
I love the keys/mellotron/organ/whatever in this. I’m a sucker for that kind of sounds anyway, and it’s used absolutely perfectly here. Atmosphere-wise this is another really strong song this round, not quite happy, not quite sad, somewhere between hopeful and melancholic. It’s also the strongest point of this song. If it weren’t for these awesome keys, the song would have been really mediocre. The vocals in this are okay, nothing particularly special imo, but they serve the song well and fit in. But those organs. Gotta love ‘em. This is among the better songs of this round for sure. Again, nothing amazing and stunning, but an excellent song and something I’m looking forward to checking out once I find time.

Scorpion: Arcane – Unturning
This is good I guess. I quite like the hectic guitar melody at the start, but it doesn’t really do anything for me emotionally. It gets better once the vocals kick in, I like the contrast between hectic guitars and calm vocals. When the riffs get heavier it starts to have some emotional impact as well, but it fails to reach the heights of some of the other songs this round. It’s just a bit too repetitive for my taste, and the riffs are not interesting enough to be played so many times in a row. While that sounds pretty harsh so far, I did enjoy this a fair bit. Mostly the interplay between calm and heavy parts, sometimes at the same time. The heavy part after it gets quiet for a time, when it explodes into heaviness and releases all the tension build up before is amazing, though. If only the first 4 or so minutes were equally good.

Evermind: Mark Knopfler ft. Ruth Moody - Wherever I Go
I have no idea how I messed up your plans for Round 7 by having a theme, because this totally fits my theme. The female vocalist sings about half the vocals, which was basically my only prerequisite. Looking back, that’s what I wrote in my post on the theme. Could you tell me what you misunderstood in there, so I can clarify? That said, this is my winner for this round, and pretty damn close to a perfect song. I love the laid-back, peaceful feeling. Chill, but still emotional vocals, the guy and the female’s vocals fit together amazingly well. The sax and guitars solos are so damn tasteful, I’m feeling like I’m sitting in an 80’s jazz or blues cellar, walls made of bricks and in poor shape, smelling kind of old and wet, but no one gives a fuck because everyone is captivated by the music. Nice one.

jingle.boy: Anubis - Blood is Thicker than Common Sense

Sorry, but you won’t make it past the cut like this, unless the other judges have a completely different opinion of this song. I actively dislike his voice, even though he hit the right notes he just sounds really off key at least half the time. It’s also far too repetitive for my liking, especially since I don’t really love the part that is repeated so much to start with. If it were repeated once or twice, okay, but I get really sick of the guitar melody and vocals by the end of the song. The organ solo is good though, I have to give you that. I guess I wouldn’t be offended if someone put this on as background music, but I would’t go out of my way to listen to it.

Wolfking: Solution .45 - Winning Where Losing is All
Well, you probably have no chance of making it past this round at this point, but at least you went out with a bang, as they say. Cause this song is sick. Great heavy riffs, nice solos. I like the contrast between the clean vocals and growls, they really add something to this song, even though the other two judges will probably hate them. The chorus is so catchy, it’s ridiculous. This makes me think I really need to go to a Metal concert again, it’s been far too long since I’ve rocked out and headbanged at a concert. My favourite part is probably the outro, those balls-to-the-wall heavy riffs mixed with the calm choir and strings, and the almost tribal like drumming at the end of the song.

senecadawg2: Leprous - The Price
This suffers from the riff-repeated-far-too-often syndrome once again. Especially at the start, they could have skipped at least 3 repetitions before the vocals set in, it gets a lot better once they kick in. Then it gets calmer again and the atmosphere gets a lot more dense, before it erupts into this amazing chorus. Seriously, if the whole song was as consistently good as the chorus, this could have been a perfect score. My main problem really is that boring riff that is again repeated after the chorus, again far too often. Otherwise, this is quite stellar.

Also, I think I’ll compile a list of some of my female vocalists, just so you have an idea what I like and what I don’t. You can expect that tomorrow probably.

And I'll check out that Trip_Hop with random samples Sacul posted :lol. just so that his work wasn't for nothing.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #745 on: March 10, 2016, 02:22:33 PM »
Dammit, it seems Evermind will get closer. I hope the other 2 judges like my song better....
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #746 on: March 10, 2016, 02:23:21 PM »
Paying attention? I suck at it. I wasn't sure you're going to accept a 50% female fronted song so I decided to send this one earlier and go with full-blown female fronted song in your round. I may yet regret that.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it. I picked this song specifically to your tastes, even though I ended up sending it earlier.

It's still better if you have a rocking chair, cat on your lap and whiskey though.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #747 on: March 10, 2016, 02:28:16 PM »
Yeah, seems like my thoughts were about right. The final two minutes are basically the best thing on that album, and while I really like the first six minutes too, I can totally understand why they would feel a little repetitive to some people.

Oh well, at least jingle screwed up, so I'm probably looking to make the cut. Dammit Sacul though - if I make it through, it's looking to be in last place.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #748 on: March 10, 2016, 02:32:32 PM »
Awesome.  Let's get 425 and Red in here to make it official.

Oh well, at least jingle screwed up

You're welcome.  Actually, I'm welcome.  No offense to the organizers, but the pace of this one has been a killjoy.  Wish I'd held firm on my original inclination not to participate.

Happy to be on my way out.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #749 on: March 10, 2016, 02:34:02 PM »
We'll miss you Chad  :'(

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #750 on: March 10, 2016, 02:36:21 PM »

No you won't.   :-*

We'll have fun together in RJ's soon enough.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #751 on: March 10, 2016, 02:38:23 PM »

No you won't.   :-*

We'll have fun together in RJ's soon enough.

I missed that one. I'll join if I can even though I'll probably suck  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #752 on: March 10, 2016, 02:51:21 PM »
What the??  You won his first!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #753 on: March 10, 2016, 03:15:32 PM »
the main riff of the price is my favorite part of the song but I do agree that the track does have too little meat on its bones overall (probably my main problem with a lot of songs on that album tbh)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #754 on: March 10, 2016, 04:48:07 PM »
Wolfking: Solution .45 - Winning Where Losing is All
Well, you probably have no chance of making it past this round at this point, but at least you went out with a bang, as they say. Cause this song is sick.

Fucking typical.

Awesome.  Let's get 425 and Red in here to make it official.

Oh well, at least jingle screwed up

You're welcome.  Actually, I'm welcome.  No offense to the organizers, but the pace of this one has been a killjoy.  Wish I'd held firm on my original inclination not to participate.

Happy to be on my way out.

I gotta agree with Chad on this one guys, sorry.  The pace has been much too slow, but rock on.  And yeah, officially get us out so everyone else can keep playing.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #755 on: March 10, 2016, 04:52:52 PM »
yeah 6 rounds in 2.3 months is quite slow really, but I don't care that much I got out of this fast anyways

Offline Tyrias

Re: 2016 Roulette Championship v. R6 unerwartet
« Reply #756 on: March 10, 2016, 05:11:20 PM »
To be fair, a bit of that delay is caused by the format of this. Since everyone sends to Bolsters and he passes it on to us, there’s probably at least half a day of lost listening time there for each round. Again the same problem happens when red sends his results to Bolsters and Bolsters has to add up scores and such. This is kind of magnified by the fact that we all live in different time zones (or at least I do ::)).
And of course when you have three judges, chances are higher someone will have real life stress and less time to focus on internet stuff than with just one roulette host, since it's always the one who takes the longest who decides how long a round takes.
That said, I feel like I did pretty well with my speed. I think this round was the longest for me from receiving all songs to posting write-ups, and it was still just 6 days, even though I was on a scout conference with zero private time over the weekend and gave every song at least 5 listens.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: 2016 Roulette Championship v. R6 results, part 1/3
« Reply #757 on: March 10, 2016, 05:15:33 PM »
The pace has been poor I agree. But I think that's an unavoidable issue with a roulette like this. Normally a roulette can slow down a bit if the host gets busy or something hits the fan, but when there's three judges it means that little delays like that are three times more likely to occur. Even though I made the choice to only allow people who had run a roulette of their own in the past to be judges, I suspected the pace might become sluggish regardless.

Anyway, hopefully things can pick up now that Mr. Red isn't being delayed as much, and once two more people get the axe after this round.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #758 on: March 10, 2016, 07:27:09 PM »
Nice!  :D

Oh, and please don't check the trip-hop links yet - I want to send one of those artists if I pass to the nex tier :P

EDIT: I guess the "weird break" is just a consequence of DJ Shadow having a hip-hop heart (and having worked as a producer), but a very eclectic mind - that album is considered the peak of instrumental hip-hop.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:03:12 PM by Sacul »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #759 on: March 11, 2016, 05:18:56 AM »
Yeah, the pace has been slow but as Bolsters and Tyrias point out, there's 3 judges in different timezones and whatnot so it's understandable.

What the??  You won his first!

I know, but since then my musical tastes have been going away from metal and his have stayed there so I'm not sure I'll have enough good stuff to send him. We'll see

Offline 425

« Reply #760 on: March 12, 2016, 12:01:11 PM »
The pace has been poor I agree. But I think that's an unavoidable issue with a roulette like this. Normally a roulette can slow down a bit if the host gets busy or something hits the fan, but when there's three judges it means that little delays like that are three times more likely to occur. Even though I made the choice to only allow people who had run a roulette of their own in the past to be judges, I suspected the pace might become sluggish regardless.

Anyway, hopefully things can pick up now that Mr. Red isn't being delayed as much, and once two more people get the axe after this round.

All of this. And I do think that once we're down to five it'll be faster, because that should cut the average length of listening to a full round of entries to 30-40 minutes, whereas right now it's like 40-50 and at the beginning it was an hour or more. That'll mean that I will be able to listen between classes which will be much more convenient for me. And I will only have five entries to stack up in terms of rating them.

You'll have from me in about an hour.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #761 on: March 12, 2016, 12:05:48 PM »
:caffeine:

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #762 on: March 12, 2016, 01:27:02 PM »
thats turning out to be a mighty long hour mate
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline 425

« Reply #763 on: March 12, 2016, 02:36:56 PM »
Oops, I finished writing them and I was like "okay, done" and went on to other things, and only just now realized that I didn't do that whole thing where I post them. :lol

This was a fairly average round, and I don't think the spread of scores from me will be all too surprising. This is one where I felt the constraints of the relatively small number of increments I have—for example two songs got a certain pretty good score this round, but they're both kind of halfway between two and got pushed up to a —if I was the lead judge I would be giving those songs different scores in the interval between the two scores. But here the scores are rougher.

One song was pretty great and did get the highest score. I liked some other songs, but there was really just the one that I got really excited about. On the other hand, there was nothing that I didn't like. I would consider checking out all of these albums.

Anyway, writeups:

Evermind: Mark Knopfler ft. Ruth Moody - Wherever I Go

Evermind, you seemed to have nothing but doubts that I would like this song, for whatever reason.

I’m happy to inform you that your doubts were all wrong. This is a beautiful song that I really like everything about.

Knopfler writes a kind of minimalistic music that sometimes is a hit with me and sometimes is something I like but don’t love. This song just hits all the right notes for me. The guitar work isn’t complex, but it’s that type of thing where it’s better to play a few of the right notes than a thousand notes a minute. His style is really one-of-a-kind and tugs at the heartstrings quite a bit. I can see why he and Gilmour are both among your favorite guitarists. They’re both real talents at emotive guitar playing.

I’ve always liked his singing voice, as well. Like his guitar playing, his singing is usually not acrobatic, but it works for the emotion of the song. Here, he’s accompanied by a female vocalist who is singing in a higher octave, which creates a very beautiful contrast.

The presence of the saxophone really tops the whole thing off in create the beautiful, relaxed atmosphere of this song.

Contrary to all your expectations, this is a definite hit with me.

jingle.boy: Anubis - Blood Is Thicker Than Common Sense

This is an interesting song, no doubt. This is one of those prog songs that depends pretty heavily on rhythm, which can be something that I don’t appreciate at times. And it is true that in this case one of the things I’m not crazy about here is that this song feels like it’s a bit too relentless in driving forward at a fast, rhythm-driven pace for much of its almost 9-minute run time. But this issue is also mitigated somewhat by the fact that there is strong melodic vocal work over the rhythmic parts and that there are a few slower breaks spaced throughout the song.

This one has been a definite grower. At first I really didn’t care for much of anything about this song, but over the course of several listens, I’ve come to appreciate the instrumentation and a lot of the songwriting here.

All that said, the end result here is a prog song that I certainly find interesting enough to hold my attention for its full runtime and to consider checking out the album at some point (especially because the album title and artwork are awesome), but not one that I’m passionately in love with.

That is to say, I liked this better than Tyrias did for sure. But I’m not going to be saving you. You’ll have to hope that Red liked it better than I did if you want to stay in.

Nekov: Dragon - Sunburst

So here’s a very 70s-prog-sounding song. It sounds quite Yes-inspired to me, with the style of the basslines and the emphasis on keyboards and organ.

This is a fairly pleasant song. There are a lot of nice melodies here and there’s a generally positive, pleasant atmosphere. The chorus in particular is memorable, as is the organ part that takes place around the 4:30 mark. It’s a pretty song. It’s not something that’s spectacular to where I’m crazy in love with it, but it’s a pretty song that makes me at least fairly interested in this band. The main drawback here is that it’s maybe a little too long. But I suppose that’s what prog is for.

Sacul: DJ Shadow - Stem/Long Stem

Alright, so here’s a song from the same album as one of Sacul’s submissions in my solo roulette, which did not score particularly well. I liked alright, but I wasn’t crazy about it.

This is a pretty nice song. The bulk of the song is some nice atmospheric instrumental parts. They aren’t melodically complex, but they work really well at creating a pretty atmosphere. The appearance of the more percussive parts over the top of them is sometimes a bit disorienting. I wish that would be toned down a bit to emphasize the melodic stuff more so than the crashing percussion.

There’s also some weird, out-of-left-field stuff that I don’t get why it’s there. There are two moments within the first couple of minutes where I don’t get why that sample is there.

This definitely feels like two songs, as Tyrias said. The second part is more atmospheric in orientation than the first, and it makes more judicious use of the percussion. I’m not sure what the spoken sample is all about, but it doesn’t really detract.

This is a pretty song, but there are some aspects I don’t appreciate here. I also feel like it’s disjointed, like it’s really two songs. I don’t want to say that this artist completely isn’t for me, because there’s a lot to like here, but aspects like some of the jarring samples and the over-the-top percussion in parts of the first half do drag it down a bit for me. I’ll commend you for taking the risk of sending an artist that was one of the lower scores in my solo roulette, but I’m not sure I can say that the risk really paid off for you as far as I’m concerned.

Still interested in checking out this artist, but there are some misgivings that detract from the song for me, and what is good isn’t quite enough to cancel those out (as happened for Evermind with his Roger Waters submission with the awful lyrics). But I did like enough of this to say on the whole that this is a good piece.

Scorpion: Arcane - Unturning

So here’s a pretty cool prog metal song. There’s a kind of crazy, Spirit of Radio type guitar part at the beginning here, but the very soft, peaceful clean vocals over the top of that create an interesting contrast, even more so when some more frantic vocal parts join in. That pretty complex opening is attention-grabbing.

Then we get into some heavier sections, where the singer shows a bit more variation in vocal style while maintaining a certain softness—which is pretty cool and is an interesting contrast with the heavy riffs. There’s also a good moment when the quiet section builds up back into another heavy part—that heavy part might be the highlight of the song.

My main misgiving here is that this song is a bit long. However, there’s enough to like here that this isn’t an overpowering objection. It’s a pretty good song.

senecadawg2: Leprous - The Price

I’ve definitely heard and seen a lot of praise for this band. For whatever reason, I thought they were more of a death metal band, just based on the name and album artwork, I guess. But this is certainly not death metal, more of a fairly different twist on prog metal.

This song is, I guess, a little djenty at times (well, at least in the sense of being rhythmic and staccato)—which is hit or miss with me, and is fine but not excellent here. That’s interspersed with some parts that I like much better, which are dominated by melodic vocals and either soft or heavy melodic instrumentation. The chorus here is quite good. As I think I’ve established by now, I really like big, anthemic choruses, and this fits the bill. The singer is pretty good and is the type of singer I like to hear in prog metal. Good song, I like it a fair bit and I’ll check out more from this artist.

wolfking: Solution .45 - Winning Where Losing Is All

Alright, so I suppose this is most likely my final dose of melodic metal from wolfking, which is a pretty cool thing to get.

This, I guess, is what they call melodic death metal. I find this type of metal interesting, though I don’t know much about it, because, as the name suggests, there’s a lot of melody here. More so than there is in a lot of metal. But then there’s also the death growls playing a prominent role. It’s almost like quality pop songwriting mixed with heavy guitars and death growls.

Here the growls are fine with me. They don’t really add or detract. I think the clean vocals are pretty strong and I prefer them to the growls in this particular song, especially on the chorus. The chorus is pretty addictive and is the best part of a pretty strong song.

Wolfking, I suppose this is the end of the line for you, unless the Red Judge gives some very unusual scores. It’s been good to have you. Though you never really broke out above a certain ceiling, I liked all of your submissions. All the stuff you sent was pretty strong, melody-heavy, catchy metal songs, and that’s definitely something I’ve enjoyed getting every round. I know you’re kind of ready to be done anyway, though, so I suppose it’s well enough that it’s ending here. It’s been good to have you, though.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #764 on: March 12, 2016, 03:39:33 PM »
I completely forgot I sent DJ Shadow in your roulette  :lol :facepalm:

Offline 425

Re: 2016 Roulette Championship v. R6 results, part 2/3
« Reply #765 on: March 12, 2016, 05:25:47 PM »
:lol

Let me refresh your memory:

Sacul: DJ Shadow - Midnight in a Perfect World

On first listen, I really didn’t know what to think of this song at all. It was just very weird confusing to me on the whole. As I’ve listened to it more, though, I’ve definitely grown to like it better. I really quite enjoy the atmosphere that it creates. The drummer is pretty impressive, and I quite like the subtle keyboard melodies and (I assume sampled?) female vocal parts.

The part that’s hit-or-miss with me are the male/spoken-word samples. In some cases they are used really well to accentuate a particular part of the song, but there are also uses that are a bit grating. Near the end, the beginning of the sentence “Now approaching midnight” is repeated a lot of times in rapid succession, in a way that has always bothered me in music because it sounds unnatural. In that case it detracts a bit from the conclusion to the song, which includes a pretty good guitar part.

Nonetheless, I like this song as a full piece. Though that one part does grate a bit for me, there’s a lot of good in this piece as well. I should also mention that I really like the title of this song and think it’s really fitting, so that helps, too. As a whole, this piece is good and has encouraged me to investigate more by this artist, but has some grating parts and oddities that drag it down a bit.

Score: 7.0 + 0.5 bonus = 7.5
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #766 on: March 12, 2016, 05:29:27 PM »
7.0 from 425 means your song was absolute shit. :lol

Glad you liked my song though. I guess I've got the highest score? That's nice indeed. And maybe this song will inspire you to check Knopfler's solo work after all.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #767 on: March 12, 2016, 06:24:36 PM »
Oh yeah  :lol

Btw, that's not a drummer, just DJ Shadow playing with sampled drums  :P

Offline 425

« Reply #768 on: March 12, 2016, 07:40:51 PM »
7.0 from 425 means your song was absolute shit. :lol

I mean, that isn't untrue. :lol

But actually, that's one of the lower scores where I feel I may have been a little too low. As the writeup suggests, I liked some parts and didn't like others.

Glad you liked my song though. I guess I've got the highest score? That's nice indeed. And maybe this song will inspire you to check Knopfler's solo work after all.

Yeah, your song was my favorite of the round. Even without the cat.

Oh yeah  :lol

Btw, that's not a drummer, just DJ Shadow playing with sampled drums  :P

Haha, yeah, I'm pretty sure you told me the same thing at the time.  :P
And if spirit's a sign,

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #769 on: March 13, 2016, 05:13:44 AM »
I'm very surprised that my song is getting positive reactions.  Didn't go heavy enough.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.