Author Topic: 2016 Roulette Championship v. THE CONCLUSION  (Read 105424 times)

Offline senecadawg2

Re: 2016 Roulette Championship v. Sign up now!
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 06:59:26 AM »
I'm not that familiar with 425, but I'm glad to see Tyrias involved.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2016, 07:06:01 AM »
Since we're apparently given the choice what to do with songs that we know I'm gonna use the following rules: If an artist sent in a round where I'm a Sec' is on my banned list, I will deduct 2 points from your score. If I know the song but the artist is not on my banned list, I will deduct 1 point from the score.
What? You don't have any choice whatsoever! :neverusethis:

I'd rather you just abstain in those cases. If you get a song you know from an artist you didn't ban, there must be a lot of songs by them that you don't know...that person can send a different song. If someone sends an artist on your banned list (but not the round banned list) a score out of 20 instead of 25 isn't a huge penalty. The idea is that there is a deterrent but people can do it if they want/need to. So yeah go with that. ;)

As for how I was going to handle submissions, I was only going to group up what I received in each 24 hour period before passing them along, not wait until I had all of them. Partly so you could let me know early if you wanted to abstain/wanted someone to resend, partly because some people take forever to send and I didn't want the entire roulette to come to a grinding halt because one or two people were slow. I figured it's also easier for contestants if they only have one person to send to instead of three, and they have to send to me anyway since I am passing things to Mr. Red (I think that's a better name than Mystery Judge so I'm going with that now) and figured I could just do it for everyone.

Well, then I'll just abstain in those cases or tell when I know the song really well. Only thing this means for my judging in general is that there will be bigger differences between awesome and good songs. If the best song in one of my main rounds gets a 15 and the worst one a 12, then a 5 point penalty would indeed be quite drastic :P.

So I guess my scoring system is going to be:
5(in Sec rounds)/15(when I'm main judge): This is absolutely amazing. I don't wanna listen to any other roulette submissions right now but check out this artist discography instead.
4/12: Really great song, I'll definetely check this artist out after the roulette is over.
3/9: Good song. I can see myself listening to this again or putting it on when I'm in the mood, but I'm not sure I'll check out the artist.
2/6: Ok song. Doesn't impress me at all, but neither is it jarring to listen to.
1/3: Barely listenable. I don't really want to hear of this artist ever again.

Of course there will be points in between these scores, especially when I'm main judge, this is just a rough guideline. (And I really hope I won't have ot give anything below a 1/3 ::) )

I'm not that familiar with 425, but I'm glad to see Tyrias involved.

Well, you won my roulette, so it shouldn't be to your disadvantage. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2016, 08:21:09 AM »
I think I was like last place in 425's roulette so I'll probably pass. Thanks anyway!! :)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2016, 09:40:16 AM »
well i figure i'll do well with at least one of the judges, then  :lol

Offline 425

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2016, 12:08:03 PM »
425 is fine

Just fine, though. Nothing real special about that guy.

I'm not that familiar with 425

Can't trust somebody with no letters in their username, amiright? :neverusethis:

Nah, I totally understand. I don't think our paths have crossed that much for whatever reason. Looking forward to our roulette-related introduction.

I think I was like last place in 425's roulette so I'll probably pass. Thanks anyway!! :)

Yeah, sorry about that...

First, I want to say that I'm happy to be here and to work along with Tyrias and that mystery person to help Bolsters run the Roulette Championship. I appreciate Bolsters taking the time to organize this, and I'm happy to see that there's already significant interest in joining this.

As far as my music tastes go, I'll write a short introduction here. The best way to get to know me is probably through reading my roulette thread. What you'll see from that thread is that I was really generous as a scorer. I'm going to work on being somewhat harsher for this, but I'm still probably going to be the nice one, or the "Paula" of the judges here.

I like many genres of music. Prog and metal are my most-listened genres, but I also enjoy well-written pop or indie music. Other, older genres, I'm not too familiar with but fairly open to. Electronic, as my roulette suggests, can be hit or miss.

The most important things for me in music are melody and emotion. So I'll like a lot of different kinds of music if it has strong and memorable melodies and genuine emotion. The main things that I'm likely to dislike are amelodic parts (like the end of Misunderstood) and certain annoying and/or repetitive sounds. I also typically prefer positivity to negativity. This isn't to say I don't like sad or negative music, but I don't like too much of abjectly depressing stuff. I also do care about lyrics and don't particularly like lyrics that are silly or overly violent/messed up (like In Absentia type stuff).

Beyond that, just read my roulette and send stuff that you like and think that I and Tyrias and that mystery person might like. Scorpion, Evermind, Parama and Sacul seem to have a good sense for what I will like, so that will be a benefit to them as well. Good luck everyone!
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »
Glad to see my Avatar idea has caught on :lol

Offline 425

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2016, 01:00:23 PM »
Yeah, looked like a fun thing to do :lol
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2016, 02:24:31 PM »
damn, if 425 changed his avatar i probably shoudl too

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2016, 02:29:05 PM »
What about a Claudio avatar, that way you can make more C&C friends so you could have more than 2 people vote in your survivor  :coolio
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2016, 04:39:27 PM »
Hell yeah  :metal

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2016, 05:07:04 PM »
actually guys, I'm out.  I don't think I have the time to do this, thanks tho!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2016, 05:23:39 PM »
You scared because I'm participating on this roulette, huh?  :hat

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2016, 07:56:15 PM »
Glad to see my Avatar idea has caught on :lol
I'd have put a little more effort in to making those images not suck if I'd guessed you would use them as avatars. :lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2016, 08:59:13 PM »
You scared because I'm participating on this roulette, huh?  :hat

i'm ascared of your horrible music taste, yes.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2016, 09:19:30 PM »
That's why you'll participate in my v2, then?  ;)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2016, 11:34:06 PM »
Just realized I sucked balls in both Tyrias' and 425's roulettes. Unless the red judge is my mom, I'm pretty fucked here.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2016, 01:15:19 AM »
Here's the first message from the mysterious Mr. Red:

Quote from: Mr. Red
Hello from the other side.

Musical tastes: I am very open-minded and willing to listen to almost anything. My music tastes are ever evolving and growing, and I like something from just about every genre, so if you want to throw me a curveball, A home run is still possible.

Creativity in music is important to me, regardless of genre, both lyrically and musically. I can't stand enormous amounts of repetition (unless I'm drunk and am at a big party or wedding reception, which is not when I'm going to be listening to submissions...).

Scoring
15/5 - how have I not heard this before? This song is amazing and will be on my playlist from now on.
12/4 - this song is good, I dig. It may grow on me eventually, but for now I'll be happy when it comes on. Nothing that wows me though.
9/3 - this song is ok, it's nothing special... It has its moments, but nothing that sticks out to me
6/2 - meh, not my cup of tea really, I have to be in the mood to hear this song. And I'm not In that mood often.
3/1 - sorry. I can't stand this. I'm never willingly listening to it again after I'm done with this round.
(Yes, I will give .5's).

Good luck!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2016, 01:20:08 AM »
don't send post-rock or atmospheric black metal in mystery judge's rounds, got it

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2016, 03:17:43 AM »
Just realized I sucked balls in both Tyrias' and 425's roulettes. Unless the red judge is my mom, I'm pretty fucked here.

You weren't that bad in mine, you sent the best song of the entire roulette (The Road of Bones). You just need to work on your consistency a bit, and it's probably a good idea not to send The Omega Experiment in one of main rounds ::) (since that song pretty much screwed your total score last time).

Also, if a song has been played on the radio a lot these last few years, chances are I know it and I#ll ask you to resubmit. These songs are not on my banned list because I'm probably not even aware that I know them until I hear them :P. Just so we can avoid resubmitting too often.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2016, 03:21:36 AM »

You weren't that bad in mine, you sent the best song of the entire roulette (The Road of Bones). You just need to work on your consistency a bit, and it's probably a good idea not to send The Omega Experiment in one of main rounds ::) (since that song pretty much screwed your total score last time).

Can we maybe consistently send IQ for all the rounds?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2016, 03:28:21 AM »

Can we maybe consistently send IQ for all the rounds?

I'd rather you refrain from that, even though they're not on the banned list because I only got to check out that one album by them so far.

Never mind, changed my list so the highest scoring artists from my last roulette are banned, even if I haven't gotten around to checking them out yet.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2016, 03:41:48 AM »
I don't really have time for this at the moment either, but I'll participate nevertheless.  Won't be studying too much on this though, I'm not that familiar with either judge and their tates but I'm not that bothered so I'll just join for fun and hope for the best.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2016, 03:49:13 AM »
A reminder for the more trepidatious of you: There are eliminations after every three rounds, so it's not like you have to suffer the entire eleven if you're missing the mark. Might as well give it a shot for 3 - 6 rounds.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2016, 04:57:06 AM »
I don't really have time for this at the moment either, but I'll participate nevertheless.  Won't be studying too much on this though, I'm not that familiar with either judge and their tates but I'm not that bothered so I'll just join for fun and hope for the best.

Yeah, I'm taking the fuckit approach, and not gonna think too hard about this.  I'll just find some tunes that I love that are not banned from all three, and let it ride.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2016, 08:56:40 AM »
Well, this ought to be interesting.  Just went thru Tyrias' banned list.  From that entire list, there's only about 15-20 artists overlapping in my library - and only a 10 or so that I'd even consider sending in a roulette.  I'm screwed too... but at least I'll have lots to choose from!

425s isn't much better - about 50 artists that I have... 1/2 or so of them as a result of his first roulette.

Out of curiosity, how old are you two?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2016, 09:03:22 AM »
I've got 425's tastes pretty much identified, should try to make a bit more of sense of Tyrias', and mystery judge seems to be pretty open minded - thus, I think I won't suck that hard on this one :lol

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2016, 09:19:55 AM »
Well, this ought to be interesting.  Just went thru Tyrias' banned list.  From that entire list, there's only about 15-20 artists overlapping in my library - and only a 10 or so that I'd even consider sending in a roulette.  I'm screwed too... but at least I'll have lots to choose from!

425s isn't much better - about 50 artists that I have... 1/2 or so of them as a result of his first roulette.

Maybe there will be a bit more overlap between my banned list for this roulette, since more than a year has passed since I hosted my roulette. Unless Bolsters already made the banned list post and I just missed it.

Also, I'm 21, so most of my music library is relatively recent (read: 1990 til now)

Offline 425

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2016, 12:11:28 PM »

You did have some entries I really liked and scored highly, though. And one of the best EPs.

I'm 19.

In fairness, I only have a little over 100 artists on my banned list for this roulette in total... So you have about half of the artists on my banned list, which is a decent enough overlap IMO.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2016, 12:25:09 PM »
looking over Tyrias' roulette and i feel like i'll do decently well actually

tho apparently someone already sent Saor which is a bit surprising and also means i likely can't send Saor myself

need to see them banned lists

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2016, 06:26:22 PM »
That's why you'll participate in my v2, then?  ;)

:three

tbh you've put me on to some dece stuff, i give you props for that.  But I still can't believe you disregard so many classic bands

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2016, 08:32:45 PM »
I'm not really a match for either of these two judges.  They also both feel a bit too similar in tastes also for my liking for this type of thing if I want to be brutally honest.

Happy to play my hand though.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2016, 01:47:46 AM »
They also both feel a bit too similar in tastes also for my liking for this type of thing if I want to be brutally honest.
I did want a judge that was heavily into the hard rock/metal stuff, given the list of possible participants, but unfortunately no one fitting that description was interested.

Still, I'm sure you have plenty to offer all three, it's just a matter of whether you figure them out before you get eliminated or not.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2016, 05:38:58 PM »
Banned lists incoming, it's a pretty long post.

Starting off, here are the banned lists for each of the coloured rounds.

GREEN BANNED LIST

Quote from: Green
A Dog Called Ego
ABBA
Adjiri Odametey
Agalloch
Alcest
Amatorski
Amplifier
Anathema
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
Arcade Fire
Arctic Monkeys
Arkasia
Arstidir
Avicii
AWOLNATION
AZEDIA
Biffy Clyro
Bilderbuch
Blackfield
Bon Iver
Brand New
Bruce Soords & Jonas Renkse
Caravan Palace
Chelsea Wolfe
Christina Stürmer
Clint Mansell
Coldplay
Damien Rice
Danjal
Deafheaven
Deichkind
Devin Townsend Project (and all related projects)
Die Ärzte
Die Toten Hosen
Dream Theater
Epica
Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung
Evanescence
Fair To Midland
Flogging Molly
Foals
Foo Fighters
Franz Ferdinand
Gavin Harrison
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Gojira
Green Day
Gregor Samsa
Haken
IQ
Iron Maiden
James LaBrie
Jon Glomm
Jonsi
Jonsi & Alex
Jordan Rudess
Kamelot
Katatonia
Kvelertak
Led Zeppelin
Linkin Park
Liquid Tension Experiment
London Grammar
Lorde
MGMT
MONO
Múm
Mumford & Sons
Muse
Ne Obliviscaris
Nightwish
Nils Frahm
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
Oceansize
Of Monsters And Men
Ólafur Arnalds
Opeth
OSI
Pain Of Salvation
Pendulu
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
Portishead
Queen
Queens Of The Stone Age
Radiohead
Rammstein
Rush
Russian Circles
Scooter
Second Person
Sigur Rós
Silver Mt. Zion
Smashing Pumpkins
Steven Wilson
Storm Corrosion
Styx
Susanne Sundfor
Swans
Symphony X
System of A Down
Tenhi
Thank You Scientist
The Dear Hunter
The Decemberists
The Killers
The Legendary Pink Dots
The National
The Pineapple Thief
The Tallest Man On Earth
The xx
Thrice
Ulver
Vennart
Wanda
Within Temptation
Yes

BLUE BANNED LIST

Quote from: Blue
Anathema
Ayreon
Beach House
Black Sabbath
Blaze Bayley
Bon Iver
Bruce Dickinson
Bruce Hornsby
Coheed and Cambria
Coldplay
David Maxim Micic
The Dear Hunter
Death Cab for Cutie
Dio
Dire Straits
Don Henley
Dream Theater
Flying Colors
The Gentle Storm
Haken
IQ
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Kamelot
Led Zeppelin
Lorde
Marketa Irglova
Megadeth
Metallica
Neal Morse
Nightwish
Opeth
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
Queensrÿche
Redemption
Rush
Seventh Wonder
Sigur Ros
Spock’s Beard
Steve Harris
Steven Wilson
Sufjan Stevens
Susanne Sundfør
Symphony X
Taylor Swift
TesseracT
Thrice
Transatlantic
Tuomas Holopainen
Voices from the Fuselage
The Who
Yes
After Forever
Amethystium
Ben Folds Five
Brand New
Casualties of Cool
Christina Perri
Constantine
Dave Matthews Band
Dimension Act
Eden's Curse
Fair to Midland
Fields of the Nephilim
fun.
God Is an Astronaut
Grateful Dead
Grayceon
Green Carnation
Half Moon Run
Harvest
iamthemorning
Janelle Monae
Jon Gomm
Jon Lord
Justin Cross
Kevin Gilbert
Kishi Bashi
The Lone Bellow
Low Roar
Marillion
Massive Attack
The Mayan Factor
Mew
No-Man
The Offspring
Olafur Arnalds
Patrick Watson
Phideaux
Portishead
Queen
The Raconteurs
Red House Painters
Santigold
Snarky Puppy
Steve Rothery
Styx
The Tallest Man On Earth
Thank You Scientist
Ulver
Vanden Plas

RED BANNED LIST

Quote from: Red
Anathema
Angra
Animals As Leaders
Ayreon
Bon Iver
Boston
Brand New
Chimp Spanner
Coldplay
Dream Theater
Enchant
Fair To Midland
Fleetwood Mac
Flying Colors
Foo Fighters
Frost*
Genesis
Gentle Giant
Haken
IQ
Iron Maiden
Jimi Hendrix
Jon Gomm
Journey
Kamelot
Kansas
King Crimson
Led Zeppelin
Lorde
Marillion
Michael Jackson
Nightwish
Ólafur Arnalds
Opeth
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
Portishead
Queen
Rainbow
Rush
Scale The Summit
Sigur Rós
Sonata Arctica
Steely Dan
Steven Wilson
Styx
Supertramp
Susanne Sundfør
Symphony X
Thank You Scientist
The Beatles
The Dear Hunter
The Police
The Tallest Man On Earth
The Who
Thrice
Ulver
Yes

Then, here are the individual judges' banned lists.

TYRIAS BANNED LIST

Quote from: Tyrias
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
A Dog Called Ego
ABBA
Adjiri Odametey
Agalloch
Alcest
Amatorski
Amplifier
Anathema
Arcade Fire
Arctic Monkeys
Arkasia
Arstidir
Avicii
AWOLNATION
AZEDIA
Biffy Clyro
Bilderbuch
Blackfield
Bon Iver
Brand New
Bruce Soords & Jonas Renkse
Caravan Palace
Chelsea Wolfe
Christina Stürmer
Clint Mansell
Coldplay
Damien Rice
Danjal
Deafheaven
Deichkind
Devin Townsend Project (and all related projects)
Die Ärzte
Die Toten Hosen
Dream Theater
Epica
Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung
Evanescence
Fair To Midland
Flogging Molly
Foals
Foo Fighters
Franz Ferdinand
Gavin Harrison
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Gojira
Green Day
Gregor Samsa
Haken
IQ
Iron Maiden
James LaBrie
Jon Glomm
Jonsi
Jonsi & Alex
Jordan Rudess
Kamelot
Katatonia
Kvelertak
Linkin Park
London Grammar
Lorde
MGMT
MONO
Múm
Mumford & Sons
Muse
Ne Obliviscaris
Nightwish
Nils Frahm
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
Oceansize
Of Monsters And Men
Ólafur Arnalds
Opeth
OSI
Pain Of Salvation
Pendulu
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
Portishead
Queens Of The Stone Age
Radiohead
Rammstein
Russian Circles
Scooter
Second Person
Sigur Rós
Silver Mt. Zion
Smashing Pumpkins
Steven Wilson
Storm Corrosion
Susanne Sundfor
Swans
System of A Down
Tenhi
Thank You Scientist
The Dear Hunter
The Decemberists
The Killers
The Legendary Pink Dots
The National
The Pineapple Thief
The Tallest Man On Earth
The xx
Thrice
Ulver
Vennart
Wanda
Within Temptation

425 BANNED LIST

Quote from: 425
Anathema
Ayreon
Beach House
Black Sabbath
Blaze Bayley
Bon Iver
Bruce Dickinson
Bruce Hornsby
Coheed and Cambria
Coldplay
David Maxim Micic
The Dear Hunter
Death Cab for Cutie
Dio
Dire Straits
Don Henley
Dream Theater
Flying Colors
The Gentle Storm
Haken
IQ
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Kamelot
Led Zeppelin
Lorde
Marketa Irglova
Megadeth
Metallica
Neal Morse
Nightwish
Opeth
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
Queensrÿche
Redemption
Rush
Seventh Wonder
Sigur Ros
Spock’s Beard
Steve Harris
Steven Wilson
Sufjan Stevens
Susanne Sundfør
Symphony X
Taylor Swift
TesseracT
Thrice
Transatlantic
Tuomas Holopainen
Voices from the Fuselage
The Who
Yes
After Forever
Amethystium
Ben Folds Five
Brand New
Casualties of Cool
Christina Perri
Constantine
Dave Matthews Band
Dimension Act
Eden's Curse
Fair to Midland
Fields of the Nephilim
fun.
God Is an Astronaut
Grateful Dead
Grayceon
Green Carnation
Half Moon Run
Harvest
iamthemorning
Janelle Monae
Jon Gomm
Jon Lord
Justin Cross
Kevin Gilbert
Kishi Bashi
The Lone Bellow
Low Roar
Marillion
Massive Attack
The Mayan Factor
Mew
No-Man
The Offspring
Olafur Arnalds
Patrick Watson
Phideaux
Portishead
Queen
The Raconteurs
Red House Painters
Santigold
Snarky Puppy
Steve Rothery
Styx
The Tallest Man On Earth
Thank You Scientist
Ulver
Vanden Plas

MR. RED BANNED LIST

Quote from: Mr. Red
Angra
Animals As Leaders
Ayreon
Boston
Chimp Spanner
Dream Theater
Enchant
Fleetwood Mac
Flying Colors
Foo Fighters
Frost*
Genesis
Gentle Giant
IQ
Jimi Hendrix
Journey
Kansas
King Crimson
Led Zeppelin
LTE
Marillion
Michael Jackson
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
Queen
Rainbow
Rush
Scale The Summit
Sonata Arctica
Steely Dan
Styx
Supertramp
Symphony X
The Beatles
The Dear Hunter
The Police
The Who
Yes

BANNED DURING THE ROULETTE

Absolute Priority
Alpha Rev
Alter Bridge
Alt-J
Amadeus Awad
Amorphis
Anubis
Arcane
Avantasia
Baroness
Beardfish
Bent Knee
Beyond The Bridge
Blind Guardian
Blue Sky Black Death
David Bowie
David Gilmour
David Gray
Dec Burke
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Distorted Harmony
DJ Shadow
Dragon
Dream The Electric Sleep
East of the Wall
Evergrey
Fanticide
Fates Warning
Faunts
Fish
Flaming Row
Florence + The Machine
Galahad
Glen Hansard
Hammock
Headspace
Heart of Cygnus
James Blake
Jethro Tull
Kingcrow
Leprous
Lights & Motion
Lord Huron
Ludovico Einaudi
Mandroid Echostar
Mark Knopfler
Max Richter
Mazzy Star
Meat Loaf
Myrath
Neil Young
Nightingale
Nordic Giants
Pagan's Mind
Papadosio
Pure Reason Revolution
Pyramaze
Rishloo
Riverside
Roger Waters
Saltillo
Solution .45
Structural Disorder
The Appleseed Cast
The Hirsch Effekt
Von Hertzen Brothers
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:28:39 PM by Bolsters »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: 2016 Roulette Championship v. Banned lists included
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2016, 05:44:53 PM »
ok so how is each round's banned list different from the judge's individual banned lists, or how are the colored-round banned lists built

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Re: 2016 Roulette Championship v. Banned lists included
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2016, 05:48:59 PM »
ok so how is each round's banned list different from the judge's individual banned lists, or how are the colored-round banned lists built
The banned list for each round consists of that judge's entire list, plus anything that is banned by both of the secondary judges. These are the lists that will be in play during the roulette.

There are two reasons for posting the individual lists: So that people can get an idea of the judge's tastes if they aren't already familiar with them, and so that people can check if a secondary judge may choose to abstain on their submissions.