2016 Roulette Championship v. THE CONCLUSION

Started by Bolsters, January 01, 2016, 03:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Train of Naught

I'm just 2 minutes in and while I'm typing this I've been fooled into thinking my PC crashed two or three times already.

Your song leaked Sacul

Sacul

Crow

Tyrias

Quote from: Train of Naught on April 21, 2016, 11:54:54 PM
I'm just 2 minutes in and while I'm typing this I've been fooled into thinking my PC crashed two or three times already.

Your song leaked Sacul

On my first listen right now, and 3 minutes in I totally get where you're coming from. :lol

Bolsters

No use adding anything to the banned list now, but so that everyone knows what's going on, these are the final round submissions...

Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust
Kashiwa Daisuke - Stella
Subsignal - The Size of Light on Earth
Bolsters™

Sacul

I guess I should listen to the Subsignal song :P

Crow

whoa which one did sacul send

where's harsh noi

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Evermind

Sending a 36 minutes long instrumental song might be the ballsiest move I've ever seen in roulettes.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Sacul

Add to that the fact it's the final round of the championship, and I'm risking my crown - I can feel the drama  :corn

Crow

Tyrias

Quote from: Sacul on April 22, 2016, 08:55:28 AM
Add to that the fact it's the final round of the championship, and I'm throwing away my crown - I can feel the drama  :corn

Fixed that for you.

Sacul

Quote from: Parama on April 22, 2016, 09:17:39 AM
13/30 incoming
Wouldn't surprise me :lol

tbh it's my 5th/6th fav song ever so I don't care how this turns out, I can always blame your tastes  :smiley:

Train of Naught

I've only sent an all time favorite once, and probably never will anymore even though it got 9.5/10 on the one occasion I sent it. I don't know, I just don't like the risk of an absolute favorite song of mine getting bashed even though it's with completely fair points.

And that all time favorite was apparently being used to death in roulettes by others so that was kind of a turn off aswell (Alter Bridge - Blackbird by the way)

EDIT: Also, those all-time favorites are mostly songs I tend to be overly confident in just because I like them so much for reasons no one will have after just 3-5 listens.

Evermind

I can't send my all-time favourite song because Pink Floyd is always banned. :lol
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Quote from: Train of Naught on April 22, 2016, 09:56:37 AM
I've only sent an all time favorite once, and probably never will anymore even though it got 9.5/10 on the one occasion I sent it. I don't know, I just don't like the risk of an absolute favorite song of mine getting bashed even though it's with completely fair points.

I spam one of my favorites (Coldplay - Midnight) all the time, and every time people like it but don't share the level of love that I have for it.

Not giving anything away for the final round, but just in terms of logistics, if you looked at basic information about these songs' lengths and styles, I think you could easily see how this will be a very difficult round to judge.

Sacul

Crow

I sent comforting sounds once and bolsters meh'd it, and train didn't love idioglossia nearly enough

Evermind

Took me exactly one listen to decide Sacul's song isn't for me big time. But I'm not the judge here, so yeah, you should be thorough and brace yourself for multiple listens.

Idioglossia is :metal . But it's really much more :metal in context of the album when you've already heard Ashes and the chorus is making a reprise, becoming more frantic with each repeat.

Train of Naught

Quote from: Evermind on April 22, 2016, 09:57:36 AM
I can't send my all-time favourite song because Pink Floyd is always banned. :lol
Yea I guess you should've paid more attention to the banned list in my roulette :lol the only song I was genuinely familiar with was Another Brick in the Wall and Wish You Were Here to a lesser extent.

Quote from: Parama on April 22, 2016, 10:04:06 AM
I sent comforting sounds once and bolsters meh'd it, and train didn't love idioglossia nearly enough

I'm so fucking slow with PoS, I've been wanting to check them out for so long but only listened to 'BE' once. I remember liking Idioglossia more upon more listens but there were like atleast 4 songs on BE I prefered, I don't know them by name except for Iter Impius.

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on April 22, 2016, 10:08:02 AM
Quote from: Evermind on April 22, 2016, 09:57:36 AM
Yea I guess you should've paid more attention to the banned list in my roulette :lol the only song I was genuinely familiar with was Another Brick in the Wall and Wish You Were Here to a lesser extent.

Quote from: Parama on April 22, 2016, 10:04:06 AM

I'm so fucking slow with PoS, I've been wanting to check them out for so long but only listened to 'BE' once. I remember liking Idioglossia more upon more listens but there were like atleast 4 songs on BE I prefered, I don't know them by name except for Iter Impius.

Yeah, and when Pink Floyd aren't banned I don't notice it. :lol

BE isn't a good starting album to be honest, in my opinion at least. TPE pt. 1 or Remedy Lane should do the trick.

Crow

BE was actually the album that got me really into PoS  :lol
but TPE and RL are both superior and more consistent records so yeah

Train of Naught

Yeah I kinda got 'native constructed'* there, only slightly different. It wasn't the artwork that drew me in, but I was a big fan of the latin song titles

*'native constructed': when something looks totally legit judging by the cover but turns out to be bad musically

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on April 22, 2016, 10:23:49 AM
*'native constructed': when something looks totally legit judging by the cover but turns out to be bad musically

I'm sooo stealing this. :lol

Nekov

I thought the 36 minute long song was a joke  :lol Also, what the hell am I listening to?

Evermind

Quote from: Nekov on April 22, 2016, 10:29:07 AM
I thought the 36 minute long song was a joke  :lol Also, what the hell am I listening to?

You can listen to mine, it's nice enough. Even Sacul admitted that!

Crow

Yeah I kinda got 'native constructed'* there, only slightly different. It wasn't the artwork that drew me in, but I was a big fan of the latin song titles

I thought you really liked the native construct album though?  :lol

Nekov

Quote from: Evermind on April 22, 2016, 10:29:47 AM
Quote from: Nekov on April 22, 2016, 10:29:07 AM

You can listen to mine, it's nice enough. Even Sacul admitted that!

I did, not my kind of thing really. Lucky for you two, I'm not judging this  :P

Evermind

Huh, maybe I should've gone with metal after all.

Train of Naught

Quote from: Parama on April 22, 2016, 10:37:50 AM

I thought you really liked the native construct album though?  :lol
Oh I love it, top 3 2015 album, probably the #2. It's just everytime I see the cover I remember the PM Evermind sent (or it was in the Mute writeup for his roulette) where he said that he would consider buying the album based on its cover art. I always picture him buying the album with a big smile on his face and then coming home to find out it's everything he didn't expect :lol

Nekov

Quote from: Evermind on April 22, 2016, 10:44:19 AM
Huh, maybe I should've gone with metal after all.

I did, let's see how that works

Evermind

I don't think this Subsignal song is metal, actually. It's kind of like Finisterre which I received in my roulette, more on the rock side I guess.

Nekov

True, it's on the softer side. I didn't want to go full metal either  :P

Crow

Nekov