Author Topic: A Thread of Iconoclasts  (Read 5933 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: A Thread of Iconoclasts
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2016, 08:55:01 AM »
Gary, try Brooklyn Nine Nine.  One of the few funny sitcoms out there. I think you'll like it.

actually, my brother keeps telling me the same thing. I've yet to pull the trigger on it.....but if it keeps getting these endorsements I might have to.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2016, 08:56:09 AM »
Try it.  I'm hooked.  I love the characters.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2016, 09:00:11 AM »
Peanut butter = absolutely disgusting.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2016, 09:17:57 AM »
Peanut butter = absolutely disgusting.

not a massive fan either but this is an essential staple in my household as it's an 'easy' and quick source of 'just eat something' with the kiddos..... :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MajorBoobage

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2016, 09:18:05 AM »
I hate cheese. Except on pizza. I hate the smell of it, i hate the taste
It seems that they're entering an area of extreme hazard. A zone of some sort. A dangerous one.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2016, 09:20:43 AM »

I don't know how to process that.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2016, 09:27:26 AM »

Me neither.

The opinion, not cheese. My body processes cheese just fine. Thank god for that, because cheese is life.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2016, 09:40:01 AM »

Me neither.

The opinion, not cheese. My body processes cheese just fine. Thank god for that, because cheese is life.

Indeed, cheese is one of the food groups.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2016, 09:44:43 AM »

That is correct. It is definitely one of my main food groups.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2016, 09:49:45 AM »

That is correct. It is definitely one of my main food groups.

I don't know what kind of cheese you like, but if you've ever tried provolone and like it, you should definitely try asiago.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2016, 10:44:18 AM »
Sports - All of them. I don't get the appeal of living vicariously through a group of people playing a game based on geographical proximity.

Yeah, I'm pretty completely baffled by sports.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2016, 11:08:14 AM »
Sports - All of them. I don't get the appeal of living vicariously through a group of people playing a game based on geographical proximity.

Yeah, I'm pretty completely baffled by sports.

I'm here for tutoring.  :biggrin:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2016, 11:31:45 AM »
While some people are living vicariously through athletes, I would say the majority of sports fans just enjoy watching a good athletic competition. A lot of kids also play sports growing up, so there is going to be a stronger tie to watching sports when they grow up.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2016, 11:47:16 AM »
While some people are living vicariously through athletes, I would say the majority of sports fans just enjoy watching a good athletic competition. A lot of kids also play sports growing up, so there is going to be a stronger tie to watching sports when they grow up.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I grew up watching and playing baseball every day. It wasn't about being anyone but myself, and it still isn't. Of course there are some people whose lives don't go past ESPN, but that's such a small percentage.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2016, 11:49:54 AM »
As a kid, you emulated you idols.   Now I love just watching and pulling for my local teams. 

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2016, 03:39:37 PM »
Superhero, and particularly Marvel, films. A friend convinced me to see Guardians of the Galaxy with him during its opening weekend a few years back. Never again; I can't stand this type of film.

This. The only Superhero movies I like (OK, love, to admit it) are the Dark Knight Trilogy, I basically hated all other Superhero movies I watched besides those.

To mention another aspect, I just hate about everything in media that involves zombies. I just don`t get it whatever is so great about dead people eating the non-dead people (well, I have to admit, I can somehow understand why people like The Walking Dead (I`m referring to the video games here), but my statement goes for about anything different than that involving zombies).

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2016, 05:00:36 PM »
Re: Zombies in game,

Zombies are easy, no-guilt targets. You don't have to feel bad about slaughtering hundreds of zombies, but still get the experience of slaughtering hundreds of human-shaped things. In the past it was Nazis, or Commies, or Terrorists, now it's Zombies.

That being said I don't play zombie games.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2016, 03:14:41 PM »
Milk Chocolate. I absolutely love dark chocolate. 70% cocoa is about perfect, and anything above that is a little too bitter for me, but still good. But then there is this abomination. It takes the flavor I love from its excellent cousin, and waters it down into what can best be described as the Miller Light of chocolate. I would rather eat white chocolate than this milky impostor.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2016, 12:36:05 AM »
^ Fucking hellz to the god damn yes. SO MUCH YES.

I hate chocolate most of the time, especially milk chocolate... but get me some really fancy dark stuff and I've gotta eat that in private cause I'm probably erect while I eat it (hmmm. nah. too easy).

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2016, 01:33:00 AM »
Not too sure... Call of Duty, sports games, things like that I guess I don't like, fighting games (mostly)...

I actually love olives. If I weren't concerned for my health I'd eat jars of them at a time (and sip the brine!).
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2016, 03:44:10 AM »
Gin-tonic
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2016, 07:01:23 AM »
Not too sure... Call of Duty, sports games, things like that I guess I don't like, fighting games (mostly)...

I actually love olives. If I weren't concerned for my health I'd eat jars of them at a time (and sip the brine!).

I eat olives constantly. If you are concerned about your health, just soak them in water overnight. Don't remove the pits though. If you still think they're too salty, soak them again. Or you can do what I've done. Buy raw olives and make your own brine. It doesn't have to be anything unhealthy to taste good. You can add in cloves of garlic, peppers, celery (for that slightly salty taste), or anything else you like.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2016, 07:11:42 AM »
Gin-tonic

Gingerland all togetger.  It's putrid.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2016, 08:01:34 AM »
Ok, here goes.....

Coffee. I fucking can't stand it, never have never will. It taste like bitter ass. Don't like it any way, or in desserts, or anything, it's fucking gross and always will be.

Well, unless of course you LIKE bitter ass.   I'm sure there is someone out there....

As for sports, I actually like the unpredictability of them, more than anything.  I religiously watch pro football, and I follow UConn because I went there and I want to be able to talk to my friends about it, but mostly I watch sports to watch the drama unfold more than anything.

And I'm calling a mild, friendly BS on the reality show "hate".  Yeah, the "Survivors" and the "Big Brothers" are nonsense, but I could watch The Food Network (Chopped!  Beat Bobby Flay!) all day long (and I have!).  Ridiculousness is hilarious, and there are some others that are good.   I also hate the backlash; Eddie Trunk is good for this: "I hate all music talent reality shows, but I've never watched one".  Well, regardless of where he/she got their start, there is no denying that Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, etc. can sing, and some are making a name singing rock and roll.  It's ridiculous. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:13:20 AM by Stadler »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2016, 08:06:59 AM »
^ Fucking hellz to the god damn yes. SO MUCH YES.

I hate chocolate most of the time, especially milk chocolate... but get me some really fancy dark stuff and I've gotta eat that in private cause I'm probably erect while I eat it (hmmm. nah. too easy).

Fuck me.   Dessert-wise, nothing - and I mean NOTHING, with the possible exception of a good piece of home-made cheesecake - beats a good, ole-fashioned, in-the-brown-and-silver-wrapper Hershey bar.   I will take the kids to Hershey Amusement park at any time, simply because I can indulge in the finest of milk chocolates for most of the time there. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2016, 08:08:46 AM »

Not an olive fan at all, and don't drink martini's, but even I like a good olive stuffed with Bleu Cheese, and recently I had - and LOVED - an olive stuffed with an anchovy.   I think that alone probably makes me more of an iconoclast than anything else here.  :)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2016, 11:55:46 AM »

Not an olive fan at all, and don't drink martini's, but even I like a good olive stuffed with Bleu Cheese, and recently I had - and LOVED - an olive stuffed with an anchovy.   I think that alone probably makes me more of an iconoclast than anything else here.  :)

I love olives stuffed with blue cheese, though I prefer them stuffed with provolone or habaneros.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2016, 07:47:20 AM »
South Park is just not entertaining to watch

and if you live in Germany you know what I mean when I say :Helene Fischer is a complete no go
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2016, 08:19:20 AM »

and if you live in Germany you know what I mean when I say :Helene Fischer is a complete no go

What if you don't?  She looks pretty hot in pictures...

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2016, 12:53:45 PM »

She's not bad at all. I prefer Diane Kruger as far as German women go, though.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2016, 08:32:59 PM »
I hate people whose main use of Facebook is to spam it with something. Politics, religion, science shit, atheism, feminism, constant moronic quote pics with Minions on them, whatever. If that's half or more of what you're posting, you're a twat.

I have no idea how many people I've unfollowed because of this.

Facebook is for communicating with people, not ranting and proselytising day in, day out.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2016, 10:30:39 PM »
I hate people whose main use of Facebook is to spam it with something. Politics, religion, science shit, atheism, feminism, constant moronic quote pics with Minions on them, whatever. If that's half or more of what you're posting, you're a twat.

Facebook is for communicating with people, not ranting and proselytising day in, day out.

Says who?

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2016, 12:25:50 AM »

The problem is that she's everywhere, you can't escape her, she's on TV, on the radio, and her music is shit and although she's not bad looking she's not authentic, there's nothing that is real about her, everything is a calculated product.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2016, 06:07:32 AM »

The problem is that she's everywhere, you can't escape her, she's on TV, on the radio, and her music is shit and although she's not bad looking she's not authentic, there's nothing that is real about her, everything is a calculated product.

This so much. She was in TV so often recently with her goddamn Christmas show which was repeated almost everyday for over a week. She`s everywhere, you can`t escape her AND last but not least the music is HORRIBLE. Funny thing is, she might be extremely popular, but I don`t know a single person who says that he/she likes listening to her music (even those who generally listen to everything that is popular), so I basically do not even understand how that most terrifying song of all time (some people may know which one I mean) has sold several million copies in Germany.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2016, 10:32:52 AM »

All of Facebook is on "the list" for me.  I don't get it.  Short of finding girls from high school to see whether they look like you remember them, I just don't get it. 

My wife (who DOES look like you remember her) gets these requests all the time.    And it tests every fibre of my manhood and security to not say "where the fuck were these 'good friends' for the last 20 years???"

Plus the kids and the Snapchat.   There's a new video every 20 minutes it seems, and I'm wondering "how do you hold down a job with all that posting???" (says the guy with a bazillion posts on THIS stupid website... ;)).