Author Topic: Live dvd?  (Read 15480 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Live dvd?
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2016, 08:18:48 AM »
Okay, like I said it was discussed in detail when BTFW came out that the orchestra sounded exactly like the recording there, that's all.

There are some people on this board with much better ears than me who did some analysis and it seemed like it was not the live orchestra on the DVD for IT.  Take it for what it's worth, I don't believe the band has ever confirmed or denied this as far as I know.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2016, 03:06:07 PM »
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2016, 02:36:15 PM »

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2016, 09:17:21 PM »
Does this help?
It sounds very, very close to the official release. Glad to know.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2016, 07:11:57 AM »
Does this help?

I dont think anyone ever said the orchestra did not sound good live in the venue.  I think the debate is whether or not the actual orchestra was recorded properly to be used on the live album.  My ears are not able to notice these things so I have no opinion on the matter besides it sounds fine to me, but just saying that I am not sure that video helps solve this question.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2016, 07:18:04 AM »
I dont think anyone ever said the orchestra did not sound good live in the venue.  I think the debate is whether or not the actual orchestra was recorded properly to be used on the live album.  My ears are not able to notice these things so I have no opinion on the matter besides it sounds fine to me, but just saying that I am not sure that video helps solve this question.

Exactly that.

Also - Grizz I'm not sure if posting a bootleg of a performance that was officially released by the band is allowed or not, just a heads up.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2016, 08:14:59 PM »
I wish they had kept James's words on the DVD
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2016, 09:09:43 PM »
Does this help?

On the contrary, a lot of us who were at the show made mention that we could not adequately hear the orchestra during the actual live performance and presumed that the DVD would mix it in properly.  I certainly hoped so.  When this didn't happen in the release, there was plenty of debate that the show was not recorded properly, because the strings were drowned out and perhaps not salvageable. I don't know for sure. However, the choir sounded great in person, and is captured accurately on DVD.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2016, 02:51:01 PM »

Exactly that.

Also - Grizz I'm not sure if posting a bootleg of a performance that was officially released by the band is allowed or not, just a heads up.
Yeah, I do a lot of legally questionable things when it comes to this but few complain, and I'm usually pretty good about it at least being valuable for discussion or history.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2016, 11:48:27 PM »
And the other question, was the orchestra possibly playing along to the track at the show?