Author Topic: 2016-04-24 - Hippodrome Theatre - Baltimore, MD  (Read 12241 times)

Offline Tunnel Vision

2016-04-24 - Hippodrome Theatre - Baltimore, MD
« on: December 23, 2015, 06:15:23 PM »
Hello everyone!

Who is going to this show? I picked up two tickets, center orchestra Row X.
It will be my first time visiting Baltimore; what do you think of the venue and views from the seats?

https://www.france-merrickpac.com/index.php/
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 10:34:28 AM by Tunnel Vision »

Offline Bytor62

Re: 2016-04-24 - Hippodrome Theatre - Baltimore, MD
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 09:20:39 AM »
I'll be there, center orchestra, row P. I have never been to the Hippodrome but friends that have really like the venue. Great sightlines anywhere you sit. But they did say the legroom is pretty tight especially for those over 6' (and I'm 6'4", uggh). But we'll all be standing the whole time right??  :metal

Offline Tunnel Vision

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 09:13:27 AM »
I'm second guessing my orchestra seat selection since everyone may be standing. I'm only 5'6''!   :D

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 05:15:47 AM »
I'm 6'4 and my brother's 6'2, and we're in row S. My least favorite thing about seeing things live (sports, gigs, movies etc) that have seats is a lack of leg room.  But yeah, don't see my self sitting down much on that night.

Offline Cookstar

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 10:15:20 AM »
I'm thinking about going to this show since it's the closest to NC.  I'm starting to accept that the band doesn't come to the South anymore.  I'll probably sit in the center middle balcony.

I really enjoy seeing DT in theaters more than standing room only venues.  It looks like a great venue!

Offline zmazar

• "Ride the wings of dreams."
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 01:31:17 PM »
I live in DC, but never been up to the Hippodrome.  We'll be in row S Orchestra Left.  I couldn't get any Center Orchestra tickets when I bought them.  I think a lot were reserved for VIP or something.

If there was a villain who could only be defeated through the sheer awesomeness of music, then rest assured that LTL would be on batman's MP3 utility belt player.

Offline 7deg_inner_happiness

• Can't get enough music!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 01:22:22 PM »
Just bought 2 tickets to this show last night.  I'm stoked!   :metal
- Ronzoni -

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 10:02:42 AM »
Hello everyone!

Who is going to this show? I picked up two tickets, center orchestra Row X.
It will be my first time visiting Baltimore; what do you think of the venue and views from the seats?

https://www.france-merrickpac.com/index.php/

I'll be there with my brother! Let me introduce... my brother... anyway, the Hippodrome is a great venue!  It's the perfect size for DT, so I'm a bit surprised they've never played there before.  I live literally across the street from the Hippodrome.  I have a feeling Alewife and Forno will be the go-to meetup places before the show.  And by feeling I mean I'll be there.  :lol

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 10:08:33 AM »
I should also point out that the venue is small -- so even the rear orchestra will feel pretty close to the action.  I just saw Phantom of the Opera there, from row Y, and it couldn't have been a better sightline.  True, the legroom could be better, but I figure we'll all be standing anyway.  :)  For the DT show, we'll be in row U.  For those new to Baltimore, welcome!  It's a lot more than you'll see on The Wire.  ;)  If you need any suggestions on where to go / eat / drink, let me know and I'll reply in the thread!

Offline Donner

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 11:59:57 AM »
I'm pretty pumped for this show - it'll be the first DT headlining show I've seen (only managed to see then in 2010 opening for Maiden).  I'm super excited about seeing them do the whole album live in a cool looking concert venue I've never been to before.  Should be an awesome evening!

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 09:35:46 AM »
My Hubby and I are traveling to Baltimore for this show  :biggrin:  First time in Baltimore but we are making it into a family vacation

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 05:01:58 PM »
Hi guys!

We are doing a pre-show meetup at Pratt Street Ale House, from 3pm-5:30pm.  We hope to see there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1055265067849797/

Please RSVP on the page (or here, if you do not have FB) so we know how many people to expect :)

Victoria

Offline YouMakeMeSick

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 08:35:41 AM »
I will do my best to be there, my friend lives in the area and we'll be driving back from the NY show that day.
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 10:15:52 AM »
My wife and I will be hitting Baltimore up for the first time with this show (we're normally DC or NYC)... we'll hit Alewife before the show for dinner since it's across the street from the venue (looking forward to the wild boar sliders!)

Center Orchestra row F 111 and 112... best seats we've had since Jones Beach in 07.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 12:59:02 PM »
I decided to go for it and get a ticket for the Baltimore show, so I'll be seeing them in NYC and Baltimore this tour. I'll definitely be at the meetup but Victoria knows that already.  :biggrin:

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 01:45:39 PM »
I decided to go for it and get a ticket for the Baltimore show, so I'll be seeing them in NYC and Baltimore this tour. I'll definitely be at the meetup but Victoria knows that already.  :biggrin:

Awesome you can make it!

My wife and I will be hitting Baltimore up for the first time with this show (we're normally DC or NYC)... we'll hit Alewife before the show for dinner since it's across the street from the venue (looking forward to the wild boar sliders!)

Center Orchestra row F 111 and 112... best seats we've had since Jones Beach in 07.

You and your wife should stop by our meetup before dinner :) We are only an 8 min walk away. We are planning a trivia contest

I will do my best to be there, my friend lives in the area and we'll be driving back from the NY show that day.

Hope to see you there!

Offline Air Weaver

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 08:16:03 AM »
Anyone here doing the VIP meet and greet? I haven't gotten an email about details yet, and the show is next Sunday. I'd like to try to make it to the meetup in this thread, but I have no idea when the VIP M&G is held. I'm starting to get anxious.

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 11:12:35 AM »
Anyone here doing the VIP meet and greet? I haven't gotten an email about details yet, and the show is next Sunday. I'd like to try to make it to the meetup in this thread, but I have no idea when the VIP M&G is held. I'm starting to get anxious.

Hi there! We are doing the meet & greet too. Usually they ask you to be there one hour before doors open (2 hours before the show). Last tour, we received the email 5 days before the show, so don't worry they should be sending it out soon :) Hope to see you at the meetup!

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 08:08:46 AM »
pratt street ale house? why didn't you pick something good, like forno or alewife?  :P

for those visiting baltimore for the first time -- welcome!

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 08:21:35 AM »
pratt street ale house? why didn't you pick something good, like forno or alewife?  :P

Hi there! Excited to come to Baltimore for the first time :) Pratt Street Ale House has been super nice and accommodating to the group- they are the most flexible with any size party, and us running our trivia contest. It's also very central to the venue, Inner Harbor and hotels. Meet up is early so come grab a couple of drinks, participate in the trivia, and you'll still have time to go have dinner anywhere else if you'd like :)

We are running a trivia contest and there will be prizes. Hope to see you there!  :biggrin:

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 08:55:16 AM »

Hi there! Excited to come to Baltimore for the first time :) Pratt Street Ale House has been super nice and accommodating to the group- they are the most flexible with any size party, and us running our trivia contest. It's also very central to the venue, Inner Harbor and hotels. Meet up is early so come grab a couple of drinks, participate in the trivia, and you'll still have time to go have dinner anywhere else if you'd like :)

We are running a trivia contest and there will be prizes. Hope to see you there!  :biggrin:

ok, you've convinced me.  :laugh:

also, if anyone else is on the fence about coming to the show, some good tickets in the first 10 rows have been released. get them before the scalpers do!

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15004F8EEBFF4C2F?brand=Hippodrome&camefrom=BAABAL_DRM_FMPAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 05:54:21 PM »
I'm glad my credit card didn't go through the first time and I waited a few more days. I'm fifteen rows closer than I would have been had the original purchase went through.

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 10:11:32 AM »

We got our email today- it's a little bit earlier. Check in between 5:00-5:30pm (but no later than 5:30pm)

The meetup at Pratt Street Ale House will still run until 5:30pm but we'll have the trivia a little earlier, 4-4:30pm, to give anyone doing the VIP the chance to get there on time.

So pumped for this show!  ;D

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 03:54:23 PM »
fyi:  No rain in the area from Sat AM through Tuesday.  Sunny and clear, high 70 for Sunday, possibly 80 on Monday.  The Orioles are out of town, so no ballgame traffic to deal with. 

Still hoping to be able to stop by for 30-45 minutes to say 'hello'.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline comment

• Custom Title
  • What’s on your mind Facebook?
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 10:12:02 PM »
Ugh...  I'm going to the concert right after work so I can't do the food and fun.  Wish I could have gotten one of those tickets in the first 10 rows.  I'm sitting row z lorch.  I'm glad to hear the seats in this place give a good view overall though.  See you guys there!   :metal
Signature

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 05:39:54 PM »
checked the marquee last night (i live a half block from the hippodrome):   :metal

https://imgur.com/gallery/L625ava/new

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 08:27:40 PM »
closer shot of the marquee:

https://imgur.com/gallery/qc2ej/new

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 08:33:21 PM »
closer shot of the marquee:

https://imgur.com/gallery/qc2ej/new

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing. Only one day away!!

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2016, 01:44:59 PM »
We are here at Pratt Street Ale House :) Trivia will start at 4:15

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2016, 03:53:53 PM »
Meeting everyone, and finishing tied for 2nd in the trivia, was a blast.  Am kicking myself for not bringing a camera.  Enjoy the show!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »
It was so nice meeting Joe! We had an awesome time at the meetup! Thanks to everyone that came by! We were having so much fun I forgot to take a nice group pic as well :)

Offline comment

• Custom Title
  • What’s on your mind Facebook?
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2016, 07:38:51 PM »
Hope to catch you guys another time. 

Well part one is done and it's a great show!  A lot of bass, but other than that it's all good.  👍
Signature

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2016, 10:01:58 PM »
wow, what a show. DT never fails to impress. talk about getting your money's worth, and then some.

the crowd was really, really into it, too.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2016, 06:30:25 AM »
The show was amazing.... astonishing even. Loved seeing this epic played from start to stop.

James had a MAJOR mess up during the X Aspect.... but other than that, he sounded great.

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 07:55:11 AM »
The show was amazing.... astonishing even. Loved seeing this epic played from start to stop.

James had a MAJOR mess up during the X Aspect.... but other than that, he sounded great.

yea, that was pretty funny. "i'm choking on my own spit," and then right back into the song. didn't miss a beat!  :lol