Author Topic: North American Tour - 2016  (Read 26370 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: North American Tour - 2016
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2015, 09:17:56 AM »
I bought them through DT's site.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2015, 09:18:40 AM »
Chicago presale was bogus. Closest i could get for three seats was twenty rows back in the center. Took a chance to find better and it was all way off to the side. Im gonna take a chance on the general sale on tuesday. Now all presale appear to be sold out.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2015, 09:19:32 AM »
I bought them through DT's site.

This is what I did, but I did not even know there was another presale.  EIther way, I got awesome tickets so no complaining here.  Wish I could have been closer, but I got an Aisle seat in the lower orchestra.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2015, 09:23:58 AM »
Fuckkk. Idk. I just bought tickets to the CT show. I've seen DT at RCMH. I was in the 8th row for the SCORE filming. Great venue. As much as I'd love to do NYC for the day, I have to be conscious of my money. Three weeks prior to that, I'll be in Vegas for a few days. A day in NYC might be stretching my budget for April.
I hear you. Money is an issue and CT allows me to the do this show for a third of what an NYC show would cost. At least a third.
Plus, the Oakdale is an amazing venue! So I'm stoked.

Yeah. Just getting to NYC and back would be about what a single ticket costs to see them in CT. I'm sure I'd ended up spending at least $75-$100 on food and booze as well if I were to attend the meetup. The Oakdale is top notch with really comfy seats. I got front row in section 205. With no one in front of me, I'm going to be the asshole that sits the entire show.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2015, 09:24:46 AM »
Scored 3 tickets for the Orchestra Center Section, Row B in Boston. I reckon that's the first row in that section, about 16 rows from the stage! STOKED!

Got them from the website. I'd go there first, Lark. It was pretty straight-forward.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2015, 09:31:08 AM »
Fuckkk. Idk. I just bought tickets to the CT show. I've seen DT at RCMH. I was in the 8th row for the SCORE filming. Great venue. As much as I'd love to do NYC for the day, I have to be conscious of my money. Three weeks prior to that, I'll be in Vegas for a few days. A day in NYC might be stretching my budget for April.
I hear you. Money is an issue and CT allows me to the do this show for a third of what an NYC show would cost. At least a third.

Yeah. Just getting to NYC and back would be about what a single ticket costs to see them in CT. I'm sure I'd ended up spending at least $75-$100 on food and booze as well if I were to attend the meetup. The Oakdale is top notch with really comfy seats. I got front row in section 205. With no one in front of me, I'm going to be the asshole that sits the entire show.
I'm right in back of you! Should be a great vantage point to see everything going on. Those seats are good enough for me.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2015, 09:32:33 AM »
Yes! Just bought 3 seats in Orchestra 2, Row K for the Taft Theatre. I'm looking forward to going there since even though I live in Columbus, I've never actually even been to Cincinnati.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline GandL

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2015, 09:38:28 AM »
Scored 4th row in front of the stage for Montreal  :metal

Offline ickybill

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2015, 09:55:47 AM »
I've seen the dates for the North American tour.  Not seeing any love for the SF Bay Area.  Any plans to add more dates to include us?  Not feeling the love.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2015, 10:05:16 AM »
<somewhat of a repeat from the other thread>

Didn't realize that my wife was a member on dt.net.  She grabbed us two seats at The Hippodrome in Baltimore.  Front row balcony, and only $102 INCLUDING all the added fees.  Third time she'll be with me for a DT concert (out of twelve).  Yup, I'm a lucky guy.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2015, 10:35:50 AM »
Man $400.00 bucks for the M&G !!!!!!!!!  :facepalm:  That's with the exchange rate.
I'll be going regardless....  ;D. Damn you Canadien dollar  :tdwn

Offline Lark the Starless

• Engrish.
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2015, 10:48:14 AM »
Scored 3 tickets for the Orchestra Center Section, Row B in Boston. I reckon that's the first row in that section, about 16 rows from the stage! STOKED!

Got them from the website. I'd go there first, Lark. It was pretty straight-forward.

I'll probably do that then. Thanks broseph.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2015, 11:31:23 AM »
Got the meet & great package for Los Angeles.  Row CCC.  Had BBB, but let em go by accident.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »

Def. Didn't realize there are box seats in front of DD :/

I'm right in back of you! Should be a great vantage point to see everything going on. Those seats are good enough for me.

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2015, 11:44:23 AM »
Got the meet & great package for Los Angeles.  Row CCC.  Had BBB, but let em go by accident.
I'll be a few rows behind you, Row B, almost center over a little on Petrucci's side (although with this different presentation who knows if the normal sides will hold).  Just about perfect.  No M&G, that doesn't interest me.

Offline bluehaze

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2015, 12:15:48 PM »
From where I sit in Miami, it is painful to see everybody getting seats and getting psyched for the shows. I hope ya'll get the experience of a lifetime (I'm sure you will) and I'll keep hoping against hope for a miracle.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »
So I notice that there are three days between the Denver and Los Angeles shows. Abravenal Hall in Salt Lake City is wide open during those dates. Come on, promoter, get this done!
I have always found it quaint, and rather touching, that there is a movement in the U.S. that thinks Americans are not yet selfish enough.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2015, 04:37:08 PM »
I'll be a few rows behind you, Row B, almost center over a little on Petrucci's side (although with this different presentation who knows if the normal sides will hold).  Just about perfect.  No M&G, that doesn't interest me.

That's gonna be a great seat because that area is super elevated, so you will be eye level with the stage and at the perfect listening location.  I'll be down in the pit looking way up.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2015, 05:39:44 PM »
Does anybody have the Live Nation presale code? Thank you!

No code, use dts website

I see that LiveNation has a presale code, which is why I asked in case anyone has gotten them through LiveNation/TicketMaster.

Which do you guys reckon is better, buying them through DT's website or LN/TM?

No expert here, but judging from what I've figured out today, go with Live Nation, or the site that the venue's site directs you to. DT's presale doesn't seem to actually have the good tickets. You'll need to find the code for the presale somehow, though. I found the code for the Los Angeles show on the venue's Facebook page. It was "bells". See the thread I just created in the concerts section...

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2015, 06:34:36 PM »
BAM!!  Wiltern general tickets first to be sold out on DT site.  Let's see if Live Nation's stash goes just as quick.  Could be the brewing of a second Los Angeles show.

Offline icarus4321

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2015, 07:01:10 PM »
Got row EE right in the center at the Chicago Theater!  Looks like that is fifth row, so this will be by far the best seats I've had for a DT show.
Please check out our band, Agora Forte, www.reverbnation.com/agoraforte

My last.fm Profile

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2015, 08:54:10 PM »
Got row EE right in the center at the Chicago Theater!  Looks like that is fifth row, so this will be by far the best seats I've had for a DT show.

When did you get them?  I was on right at 10AM and could only manage row PP.  I opted to try for the general sale.  I wonder if it had to do with the fact that I wanted 3 tickets. 

Offline icarus4321

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2015, 09:22:30 PM »

When did you get them?  I was on right at 10AM and could only manage row PP.  I opted to try for the general sale.  I wonder if it had to do with the fact that I wanted 3 tickets.

I was refreshing every few seconds right at the turn from 9:59 to 10:00.  I've always had really awful luck with tickets, but I was psyched to pull EE.  My dad is flying down from MN and these are by far the best tickets that we have ever had for a DT show.  I'm guessing the 3 tickets played into it for you, but I've never really understood how they partition ticket groups for all of these presales.
Please check out our band, Agora Forte, www.reverbnation.com/agoraforte

My last.fm Profile

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2015, 09:50:50 PM »
Tickets for the Toronto show went on sale on dt.net at 9:56 and I got right pit GG seats 61-62 . Must have been a glitch or something

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2015, 09:58:44 PM »
Anyone think they're going to get another NA tour in some time next year, playing a more normal setlist, with any shows closer to the south? Last time I saw them was in Richmond, but I'd be plenty happy to do DC as well.

I'd like to think they would, but their last tour in the States was somewhat similar and so as of right now I'm limited to a long trip to NY and back, for a show that will be almost entirely comprised of an album I've yet to hear or (by extension) enjoy. Unfortunately I simply can't bring myself to bite on that  :-\
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2015, 10:45:43 PM »
Well the album will be out before the show so you'll have time to decide if it's worth the effort.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2015, 11:00:11 PM »
Yeah that's right. I'm just not sure I'll be able to get good seats, which is a big deal if I'm going to put in 15 hours of driving. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong. And hell, if I really do enjoy the album I'll make it work. I'd just really appreciate a more 'normal' NA leg as well, since I wasn't able to see them on their last run through.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2015, 11:11:32 PM »
Yea I hear ya, unfortunate. There is always stub hub to find the seat you want but thats likely to cost a bunch more or you can do the opposite and get the ticket now and put it up for resale if you don't make it.

I would like to see them do a normal tour after this, get a more well rounded set list like the past summer tour.

Offline SeventhDegree

• of Inner Turbulence
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2015, 08:41:06 AM »
Was able to score 2nd row for Minneapolis during yesterday's presale!!   :tup  Only thing that sucks that it's the same night that The Who is also playing in Minneapolis.  Didn't have tickets for that one yet.
"I'm tired of Facebook, tired of my failing health
I'm tired of everyone, and that includes myself."
----------Steven Wilson, 2017

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2015, 09:53:56 AM »

I was refreshing every few seconds right at the turn from 9:59 to 10:00.  I've always had really awful luck with tickets, but I was psyched to pull EE.  My dad is flying down from MN and these are by far the best tickets that we have ever had for a DT show.  I'm guessing the 3 tickets played into it for you, but I've never really understood how they partition ticket groups for all of these presales.

Congratulations on the kickass seats.  In retrospect, DT played the second leg of the ADTOE tour at a different theatre and I think I had similar seats as what you got but I only bought two so I guess having the extra person was the death knell. 

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2015, 07:44:20 PM »
Well fuck me running....  looks like I'll miss my first tour in 15 years.  Will be in Mexico for the LA show  >:( >:( >:(

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2015, 08:34:27 AM »
Well fuck me running....  looks like I'll miss my first tour in 15 years.  Will be in Mexico for the LA show  >:( >:( >:(

Come out to NYC, I owe you a beer

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2015, 07:51:19 PM »

Ya know.. I was actually flirting with the idea... stay tuned Brother!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2015, 05:29:53 AM »

Ya know.. I was actually flirting with the idea... stay tuned Brother!

Stop flirting and make the move.  ;)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2015, 08:08:47 AM »
Toronto... Orchestra Row B, far right.  I'll take it.

Didn't know any of the presale codes, so I winged it, and got in with "astonishing" (since I don't have an American Express card anymore).  That's the LiveNation presale code.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion