Author Topic: North American Tour - 2016  (Read 26367 times)

Offline Madman Shepherd

North American Tour - 2016
« on: December 17, 2015, 05:58:01 PM »
Kinda confused about the tour announcement.  Do we know anything about the presale tomorrow?  Is it through the venues?  Is there a password? 

Bummed we get less than a day to plan for this.  Also kind of weird the general sale begins Tuesday.  What ever happened to Saturday?  My employer blocks just about every site on the internet and my cell service isn't the greatest so I may have to wait several hours to stake claim on my seats.  Not how I like to do it.   :'(

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: North American Tour - 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »
I will be at Radio City Music Hall for sure.  I can't miss this.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 06:36:24 PM »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 07:36:23 PM »
I recall that some of the VIP seats sold on the DT website for the DT12 tour were less than spectacular seats for some cities.  In fact, I scored better seats when tickets went on public sale and I ended up reselling my VIP package.

(I'm fine with moving this thread to the concerts page, or combining if a similar thread already exists)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 08:11:27 PM »
I will miss the Boston show as we are away on vacation.  Working The Lovely Mrs TAC on Radio City. It's going to be a long shot!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 10:29:43 PM »
Kinda confused about the tour announcement.  Do we know anything about the presale tomorrow?  Is it through the venues?  Is there a password? 

Bummed we get less than a day to plan for this.  Also kind of weird the general sale begins Tuesday.  What ever happened to Saturday?  My employer blocks just about every site on the internet and my cell service isn't the greatest so I may have to wait several hours to stake claim on my seats.  Not how I like to do it.   :'(

If the presale is like in europe then it is a small sunset of the tickets spread out around the theater sold through dreamtheater.net.
The actual sale will be through CrowdSurge where you will need to create an account after you have found your tickets (if you don't have one already).

If you are not able to get to the normal sale intil after a few hours I would suggest presale.

Got tickets for the first announced Stockholm show through presale on a hard pressed work week. Ok tickets but quite a bit back after presale had been going for hours. Then I tried to get better tickets when general sale went up. Due to meetings at work this was also hours later and the tickets I found were worse than through presale.
For the second annonced show I tried as soon as the general sale went up and got 4th row...

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 12:36:17 AM »
Hopefully i can get ticks to Denver.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 06:19:35 AM »
This going to be the first tour I miss since the Train of Thought tour in 2003.  :'( My new daughter is due few days before the only show I could attend.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 06:20:09 AM »
I'm sure she'll understand.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 07:55:22 AM »
any word on the RCMH show? theres nothing listing it on the RCMH site or LiveNation.  I'm guessing at 10 the links will update on DT's end, just don't like how last minute this all is  :\

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 08:00:02 AM »

Pretty much, this. Bar beforehand?

I just got my ticket. Orchestra 4, Row A.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:08:28 AM by Prog Snob »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 08:03:14 AM »

I'd be down, definitely should do a dtf meet up.  I booked my hotel room already as well.  Not that I can't get home, but life is easier when you don't have to worry about that.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 08:04:21 AM »
RCMH, First Mezzanine 3, row A  :tup
would like to have been on the floor closer to the band, but this will be a great view

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 08:06:24 AM »
Got my tickets for the Baltimore show....Center Orchestra... row S (so 20ish?).... works for me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 08:07:38 AM »
Is it broken or did all of the presale tickets sell out for RCMH in a couple minutes?  I can't find any pair of tickets in any section.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 08:10:24 AM »

I'd be down, definitely should do a dtf meet up.  I booked my hotel room already as well.  Not that I can't get home, but life is easier when you don't have to worry about that.

I just got my ticket. I'm not driving in. I'm definitely taking public transportation. I can't be worried about driving and having a few drinks. You could have driven to me and taken public transportation with me and just crashed at my place.

If anyone wants to use my place as a resting ground, feel free to ask.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 08:12:02 AM »
would like to have been on the floor closer to the band, but this will be a great view

Damn you! ;) I was hoping for row A but had to settle for row B in the first mezz 300's. Should be awesome.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 08:17:20 AM »
I kept refreshing and eventually got pretty good seats:

Orchestra 5, Row XX, Seat 501   $79.50   $8.00   $87.50
   Orchestra 5, Row XX, Seat 502   $79.50   $8.00   $87.50

Im pumped!

Thanks for the offer Prog, I have spend over 50 nights a year in hotels so I have status and staying at a hotel with my friend is the best option for me.  For mostly the same reason, I plan on drinking and don't take the risk of driving when doing so.  Since it's a Saturday though, I can get into the city early for some bar hopping or whatever.  Going to be a good time.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 08:22:06 AM »
I just hit my Staples easy button!  Got box H (mezzanine) row A almost in the center for the Cincinnati show at Taft Theater. :metal  I was going to go for the floor, but love the seats I got since there will be no one in front of me.

Amazing to me that the two tickets I got were 135.00 with fees.  I paid much more for two tickets for Rush and Fleetwood Mac.

Now I have to call my wife and tell her how easy it was to get the tickets.  I tried to get her Adelle tickets yesterday with no luck even though I was on line at the stroke of 10:00am.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 08:23:07 AM »

Damn you! ;) I was hoping for row A but had to settle for row B in the first mezz 300's. Should be awesome.

Orchestra 4, Row A. I'm satisfied with that.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 08:25:00 AM »

Im pumped!

Thanks for the offer Prog, I have spend over 50 nights a year in hotels so I have status and staying at a hotel with my friend is the best option for me.  For mostly the same reason, I plan on drinking and don't take the risk of driving when doing so.  Since it's a Saturday though, I can get into the city early for some bar hopping or whatever.  Going to be a good time.

Indeed, it will an amazing time. I'll look into finding a decent place to hang out beforehand. I'm always in the area for work. Unless anyone else has a recommendation of course. We still have plenty of time.

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 08:27:09 AM »
Toronto Sony centre orchestra pit row GG seats 61-62!!!!

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 08:27:38 AM »
I was definitely caught a little off-guard this morning when I saw that this tour was happening.  But, I couldn't miss them for the 2nd straight tour.  A little selfish on my part.  But, as a result, my daughter will be indoctrinated into the world of Dream Theater at RCMH the night before her 9th birthday.  My wife, daughter and I will be 2nd Mezzanine, 2nd row, on the end.  Can't frickin' wait!  Hope she has fun, too.   ;D

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 08:30:31 AM »

Im pumped!

Indeed, it will an amazing time. I'll look into finding a decent place to hang out beforehand. I'm always in the area for work. Unless anyone else has a recommendation of course. We still have plenty of time.

I'm debating skipping CT and going to  the RCMH show.

Offline ansell

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 08:30:56 AM »
4 tickets for Toronto! Right orchestra row A. I'm very pleased with what I pulled up!

I checked to see what else I could pull up and there are no more seats coming up in that price range. Feeling very lucky. :biggrin:

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 08:31:56 AM »

Im pumped!

Like CT prices much better! and a half hour drive.
RCMH will be amazing though
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline wideworldofmike

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 08:32:17 AM »
RCMH Orchestra 5 Row JJ Seats 503+504 Hanging with John and Jordan this time around (assuming they the same config on stage). Stoked!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 08:34:41 AM »

Im pumped!

Ditto on the prices. Only thing about the CT date is that my girlfriend will be in Ireland and we have pets at home. I'd either have to take a half day or leave the animals by themselves for a ridiculously long period of time. A DTF meetup in the city would be fun as hell. On the other hand, I want to buy a CT ticket so the band managers will view CT as a viable venue for future tours (not sure why they've bailed the last few).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 08:35:19 AM »

Im pumped!

This, its such an awesome venue and I only became a fan shortly after the filming of Score, plus add in Saturday night in NYC.... just amazing set up for a perfect evening.

Chino, come to NYC.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 08:40:33 AM »
Fuckkk. Idk. I just bought tickets to the CT show. I've seen DT at RCMH. I was in the 8th row for the SCORE filming. Great venue. As much as I'd love to do NYC for the day, I have to be conscious of my money. Three weeks prior to that, I'll be in Vegas for a few days. A day in NYC might be stretching my budget for April.

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 08:50:58 AM »
What do you all think - VIP tickets or normal tickets?  I can't decide for this go-around.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Lark the Starless

• Engrish.
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 09:02:49 AM »
Does anybody have the Live Nation presale code? Thank you!

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2015, 09:04:23 AM »
Fuckkk. Idk. I just bought tickets to the CT show. I've seen DT at RCMH. I was in the 8th row for the SCORE filming. Great venue. As much as I'd love to do NYC for the day, I have to be conscious of my money. Three weeks prior to that, I'll be in Vegas for a few days. A day in NYC might be stretching my budget for April.
I hear you. Money is an issue and CT allows me to the do this show for a third of what an NYC show would cost. At least a third.
Plus, the Oakdale is an amazing venue! So I'm stoked.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 09:07:23 AM »

No code, use dts website

Offline Lark the Starless

• Engrish.
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 09:10:16 AM »

No code, use dts website

I see that LiveNation has a presale code, which is why I asked in case anyone has gotten them through LiveNation/TicketMaster.

Which do you guys reckon is better, buying them through DT's website or LN/TM?