Author Topic: Le Sacul's fav records! v2. Hey boy, where are you going with that little toy?  (Read 19064 times)

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Re: Le Sacul's fav records! v2. 3 Ground-breaking masterpieces
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2016, 03:49:20 PM »
I love Brain Damage. But Us and Them is amazing as well. I still prefer Wish You Were Here, but TDSOTM is a classic.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2016, 09:36:39 PM »
(even though LYSF is better).
I've never been too impressed by that album tbh. It's pretty good, but doesn't attract me as much as their debut - maybe it's the atmosphere, or its ridiculous duration.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2016, 11:07:09 PM »
I've never been too impressed by that album tbh. It's pretty good, but doesn't attract me as much as their debut - maybe it's the atmosphere, or its ridiculous duration.

The duration shouldn't be a problem considering some other albums on your list, but I also think the songs are superior, even if F#A# has more of an atmosphere

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2016, 01:24:01 AM »
F#A#Inf. :heart

My number 1 on the second list I did. Good pick :D

And DSOTM is amazing of course. Haven't heard the other.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2016, 05:23:53 AM »
I have listened to Stella twice now and it's quite beautifull and original  :azn: It also makes actually good use of stereo sound at times. I am only recently getting into Post Rock and I will listen to F#A#. I'd heard of Godspeed you! Black Emperor, but I used to think they were some kind of black/death metal band (based on the name).

And DSOTM is an amazing album!  I do have to admit I actually enjoy The Piper at the gates of dawn more O.o
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2016, 05:38:17 AM »
So which of those are the ground breaking masterpieces? :neverusethis:

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2016, 07:28:49 AM »
I don't think DSOTM could considered 'ground-breaking', nor a universally acclaimed 'masterpiece' (although the sales records speak for themselves, at least on a commercial level).
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2016, 07:40:46 AM »
I don't think DSOTM could considered 'ground-breaking', nor a universally acclaimed 'masterpiece' (although the sales records speak for themselves, at least on a commercial level).

Groundbreaking? Probably not.
Universally acclaimed masterpiece? I don't think there is any question.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2016, 08:01:03 AM »

Yeah, this.

The other two albums in this update don't fit the bill at all though. :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2016, 09:57:45 AM »

The duration shouldn't be a problem considering some other albums on your list, but I also think the songs are superior, even if F#A# has more of an atmosphere
Oh with duration I meant that it lasts too long for its own good, in my opinion :P

What are you talking about? ;)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »

Yeah, this.

Didn't even see the other two. Now that I have, I couldn't tell you the first thing about them.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2016, 10:12:44 AM »

Yeah, this.

Didn't even see the other two. Now that I have, I couldn't tell you the first thing about them.

Neither can I!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »

Yeah, this.

I can tell you that neither are for you  :lol
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2016, 10:27:37 AM »
 :lol

:tup

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2016, 12:03:22 PM »
Surprisingly enough there are critically acclaimed albums outside of Prog :P

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2016, 12:18:05 PM »
And outside rock/metal  :angel:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2016, 12:19:48 PM »

Pictures or it didn't happen!!!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2016, 12:22:13 PM »
And outside rock/metal  :angel:
It's definitely true that they are fairly well known outside of the whole rock/metal scene, I've been at random parties where everyone listens to deephouse and trap, and I've heard the name Godspeed You! Black Emperor being mentioned quite often there. Now if they actually like it, that's another story.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Le Sacul's fav records! v2. Chemistry and tons of nostalgia
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2016, 01:09:18 PM »
Liquid Tension Experiment 2
Liquid Tension Experiment

The chemistry here is surreal

Portnoy, Rudess, Petrucci, Levin - some of my favorite musicians, gathered in a supergroup. And unlike super projects that go bad, this one went fucking awesome.

Some ignorants may claim this album is just a wankfest without even listening to it. And although there are some pretty complex parts, the focus isn't on that, but on the ideas. Good Lord, these guys have the best fucking chemistry I've ever heard in a band - they understand each other, musically, SO WELL. The flow here is just ridiculous. But what I love more is how unique it sounds. Yes, there are DT and KC influences, as well as some Dixie Dregs vibes, but I swear this album sounds like anything I know. Well, maybe like their debut. But the ideas, the atmosphere they crafted here is very unique. Most of the songs don't have much structure - while there are some ideas that kind of drive the whole thing, it feels closer to a jazz approach rather than a conventional songwriting, with great idea after great idea.
My fav song by them is on their previous album tho, Freedom of Speech is easiliy in my personal top 5, and State of grace, the version performed in LA, is quite close too.

The only reason this album is above their debut: Three Minute Warning. Which actually lasts 18 mins - fucking prog. It's a nice jam, but it drags an excellent album imo. Their sophomore is brilliant as well, but more consistent. Every member shines. Probably my fav thing about LTE is that anytime I listen to them I can choose to focus on a single instrument, and be delighted by how varied its playing is. This album is tons of fun. These guys MUST make another record. Please.

Recommended song: Biaxident

Blackfield II
Blackfield

Oh Stevie <3

For the longest time I avoided Blackfield, maybe for my aversion to pop music at the moment. But after loving Stupid Dream, told myself "well fuck it, let's check more of his pop stuff!". And loved Blackfield II even more than that album.

The story goes that Porcupine Tree once got invited to play in Israel by musician Aviv Geffen, who was (and still is) a big fan of Steven's music. And he proposed him to make an album together. Because their tastes weren't that similar, they ended up doing something both loved: pop-rock. And they did exactly that.

Short, melancholic and catchy songs is what you'll find here. Don't expect some experimental masterpiece or a revolutionary record, because this doesn't even try to do that. And that's where relies its strength. The lyrics talk about childhood, sad memories, and personal topics that make this a very intimate and touching album.

Does it sound similar to PT? A bit, yes, something like their stuff circa FoABP, since both albums were written/recorded at similar periods of time, so it doesn't surprise me they share some sounds. But that's it. There's no metal, nor drones or long songs. Barely any electronic elements. Despite its simplicity, the core of it is on the very, very strong songwriting and emotional impact, and how each song is unique despite sharing a common sound. The budget for making this might not have been high, but it sounds pristine, and very clear. Of course, since it was produced and mixed by Wilson.

A wonderful record - such a shame Steven distanced himself from Blackfield after this album, and thus the band went downhill. Hopefully V will be an interesting record if Steven and Alan Parsons collaborated on it.

Recommended song: Some Day

Super Mario Galaxy OST
Mahito Yokota and Koji Kondo

Why are Japanese musicians are so talented?

If there's something I've always loved about the Mario games is the fantastic soundtrack they have. It's joyful and happy, without being cheesy, yet there's a hidden nostalgia behind them. Like a ghost of melancholy only careful listeners may detect. And it's present here, again. This spot was very tough, for I was torn between the Sumer Mario 64 and both of Galaxy's soundtracks. The music of my childhood vs one of my youth. Ugh. In the end, had to choose this one, because I feel its a bit more consistent overall.

So, why do I love it that much? Because it has some of the most beautiful pieces that have graced my ears. I've always admired Koji Kondo for his ability for making simple yet goddamn memorable melodies. And this Yokota guy basically appears out of nowhere, conducting an 50-pieces orchestra and writing most of the stuff here. And he blows my mind. Not only I did spend countless hours on Super Mario Galaxy playing and jumping around, but listening to these magnificent, epic pieces was absolutely immersive. Sometimes they're symphonic, sometimes with electronics, synths, and percussion. Others is just piano. Sometimes happy, sometimes dark, it never feels the same, and fits the mood of each level in a perfect way. There are also older, classic Mario pieces that have been rearranged here - the most nostalgic, older players will recognize them and shed a tear or two.

I love the style here because although it's classically influenced, this really doesn't have that neoclassical sound that has become so cliched in soundtracks nowadays. It's modern, it's vivid. It's personal. It's innocent.

Recommended song: Gusty Garden Galaxy

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Le Sacul's fav records! v2. Chemistry and tons of nostalgia
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2016, 01:25:59 PM »
Any guesses for the top 4?  :corn

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2016, 01:34:51 PM »
I need to absolutely checkout Blackfield.

And SMG was one of the few games I've actually played from start to finish and I know the soundtrack by heart. It's really stunning and it's a wonderful choice for any top 50.  :metal

I pretty much know your list though, and making guesses would be kind of unfair.
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »
Not a huge LTE fan here, I knew Super Mario OST would be somewhere on here, but never expeted it so high, the SMG OST is amazing though, really 'mature' and well thought out music for a nintendo game.

Guesses for top 4? I'm guessing you're an oddball who thinks Blackbird is the best AB album so I don't expect Fortress. I still stand by my guess of In Absentia or Fear of a Blank Planet, gonna go with the latter.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2016, 01:49:34 PM »
some mario soundtracks are good (like this one) while a lot of others aren't, too many rehashes of the classic tunes on the meh ones.

i don't really have anything to comment on here though.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2016, 02:12:22 PM »
I'd say the first Blackfield album is superior to the second in every way, but BFII is still a really great album and on par with most PT albums.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2016, 02:22:07 PM »
Blackfield II :heart
I'll say it got me through some hard times but I don't know when those started and did they even finish :lol I'm listening to it and I'm thinking: those people knows me. And Even thought I don't like Welcome to My DNA that much I feel those lyrics more then ones on this album and I connect with them easily.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2016, 02:23:10 PM »

the first 4 black sabbath albums

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2016, 02:27:25 PM »
Guesses for the top 4? Sure:

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory
Anathema - Weather Systems
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

^ in that order
Squ

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2016, 02:27:46 PM »
One of Steven Wilsons solo works or something from Porcupine Tree must be in there right?
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2016, 02:36:11 PM »
i definitely didn't look at sputnik while making this list :neverusethis:

1. Anathema - Weather Systems
2. Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
3. Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
4. Devin Townsend Project - Addicted

of course that could be outdated and wrong, but  :P

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2016, 03:21:57 PM »
What a bummer if Mehther Systems or In Abmehtia cranks the top4 considering both bands have done much better, but to each his own.   :P

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2016, 03:25:22 PM »
You say so as if it was some kind of universal truth or whatever :P   :loser:

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2016, 03:38:21 PM »
Whether or not those albums Parama and Elite guessed on are right or not, I'm actually go out on a limb and say that SFAM and SDOIT are both superior to IA and WS, and that's coming from someone who really isn't the biggest DT-fan anymore. :P If we're ranking the bands, I'd put both Anathema and PT over DT, but those two albums in specific are just very middle of the road for me at least. I'd say the one thing WS and IA have in common is that they would both make awesome EPs if you took the best 4-5 songs, but unfortunately they both suffer from filler. (which ironically I would say the ~100 minute SDOIT doesn't)

But oh well :P

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2016, 03:50:36 PM »
Whether or not those albums Parama and Elite guessed on are right or not, I'm actually go out on a limb and say that SFAM and SDOIT are both superior to IA and WS, and that's coming from someone who really isn't the biggest DT-fan anymore. :P If we're ranking the bands, I'd put both Anathema and PT over DT, but those two albums in specific are just very middle of the road for me at least. I'd say the one thing WS and IA have in common is that they would both make awesome EPs if you took the best 4-5 songs, but unfortunately they both suffer from filler. (which ironically I would say the ~100 minute SDOIT doesn't)

But oh well :P
I'm with you on In Absentia. It has some of best songs PT (IMO) ever made. But there are some fillers, yes.
I guess we'll have to wait for next update and see but I hope to see SFAM here.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Le Sacul's fav records! v2. Not prog, but truly progressive music
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2016, 02:10:37 PM »
I hope to see SFAM here.
Sorry :P

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Dream Theater

DT's creative pinnacle

I play Misunterstood, and an acoustic guitar appears, playing an odd, a bit dissonant chord progression. James starts singing simple, yet catchy atmospheric lines. Jordan plays with cellos and sound effects a la Radiohead. Mike does some fills. Myung a few notes here and there. The atmosphere is quite relaxed yet mysterious, And it slowly builds up tension - then BOOM. Heavy riff, and now the chorus is more intense. Although the guitar is roaring at times, this never feels like a heavy metal song or anything. This virtue of playing with sounds and styles, had always been something DT like to do, and very well. But Six Degrees took it to the next level - all of the members feel unleashed, experimenting, and finally doing the music they truly wanted after years of external producers (even though I'd argue they did an excellent job on Awake) and pressure from their label.  They weren't neither afraid of showing off their influences: The Great Debate screams Tool (a better song that anything Tool have written, imo), Radiohead on Misunderstood and Disappear, classical music on Overture - Pantera is basically made a homage with The Glass Prison, and so on.

And then there's the title track. 42 mothafucking minutes of pure mindblowing awesomeness. Some people complain that it doesn't flow well, or that the ideas are not connected, or it has some filler, or some crap (is it a song or 8 separate tracks? - spoiler: the former, as stated by the band. Period), most of which I don't understand in the slightest. See, this tune was written like an epic symphony: there's the Overture, which shows the themes the song will present and later elaborate, in 6 sections, one per inner turbulence (duh), and the Finale, which quickly reprises the themes and has this epic ending. Makes sense, at least for me. And it's basically DT in a nutshell, really - virtually all of the styles they'd played, and would play in future records, can be found or at least hinted on Six Degrees.

I'll admit that I find myself liking SFAM less and less with time - it's just too technical at times, and it really drags my enjoyement of it, since I don't care anymore about hyper-speed solos and dozens of tempo changes. They still have my respects for making one of the most complex records ever in a purely technical sense, and make it such a great success. But on Six Degrees... holy moly, it's like they stooped caring for a moment about how many notes they could fill in a solo, and just focused on songwriting, and experimenting. This, in my opinion improved their music in every sense, making for some pretty creative moments, like the ending of Misunderstood (can't help it, I love it), the samples/sounds Jordan plays on The Glass Prison, or the manipulated drum sounds around the middle of The Great Debate, or how JP's solo on Goodnight Kiss goes from melancholic to desperate, and the samples do help a lot. As a side note, the tone he has through the whole album is glorious. Noisy and fucking heavy.

This used to be my favorite record ever. It's still the DT album I love most for sure, as I might sometimes discover a little detail I had missed, or could just follow what Jordan or Petrucci does, and get lost on the amount of great ideas after great ideas they were crafting. For someone who values creativity as much as me, this record is special. While some of their records don't struck me hard as used to, and I barely listen to them nowadays, I can always come back to Six Degrees, and be left in awe at such an achievement - in my opinion, the absolute peak of prog metal.

Recommended song: All of them

Weather Systems
Anathema

Raw, pure passion

I've found a pattern among my all-time favorite albums: I didn't really like them at first. Or, at least, didn't think they were any special. Funny how life works. I know some people do not believe in growers - you like it or not on a first listen, I know my tastes pretty well, they say. Well, good for you! But my own experience has showed me that my top 50 is plagued with growers, albums that I didn't really expect to end up being personal favorites. And that's both frustrating and awesome. I can easily overlook records that have the potential to gain a place up here, on the list, but it's also from growers where I find the most satisfaction, for I keep getting back to them, and loving each song a bit more with each listen - it's a fantastic experience to notice how things that used to bother me, slowly enter into a  "don't care about" section, just to escalate towards "I fucking love it" with time. That's why I really try to give albums opportunities over and over again, just to see if they click. Sometimes they do, and it warms my heart. If they don't, well, I can revisit it in a couple of months. Or years. There's no hurry, no one's rushing me.

So the story goes like this: me, a pleb that just got into prog and loves DT to death, but it's also getting interested on the genre. There used to be a pretty active blog about DT in spanish (the guy who ran it still visits this forum lol), and from time to time he would recommend a couple of proggy bands. But what interested me most was his 2012 top 10 albums. The top choices intrigued me: Flying Colors at #1, and Weather Systems in the second place. Never heard of those, but since our tastes were quite similar, gave them a chance. Loved Flying Colors pretty much on the first spins, but this Anathema band... ugh, not my thing. Too "pretty" or whatever. Not my cuppa tea. But for some reason, I didn't delete the album from my mp3 player - I wasn't into many bands at the time, so I might have left them just in case I was bored with the other stuff.

It happened back in September 2013. I had to make a visit to the doctor on another city, but since I hadn't scheduled a session, I had to wait until several patients finished. Of course, this took hours. Endless hours of pure dullness and agony, I thought. I know it was just two years ago, but damn, I was fucking impatient back then. But I had my mp3 player and a pair of headphones, so what the fuck. Sighed on the chair, staring at that crappy Phillips Go!, and chose "Weather Systems", telling myself I'd give it one last chance before deleting it. Maybe... maybe because I had nothing to focus on but the music... it clicked. No, I wasn't blown away - very few times I've experienced that in life, and less with music. But I liked what I heard, thus I promised to give it more listens as to digest it. It was beautiful. In just a couple of months I was in love with the record, and started to get into the rest of their discography. Damn, it was tough, specially Judgment. But so worthy.

I'm bad talking about albums, I know. So let me mend it a bit meandering about how this record sounds. It's layered. Heavily. And it's very atmospheric. Not as much as a Shoegaze album, but there are some obvious influences of it, as well as of post-rock, since it takes a slow-buildup-into-a-big-climax most of the tracks. Some call this style "atmospheric rock". And it suits them perfect. Whereas WHBWH was definitely happy and joyful all the way through, there are moments of sorrow and darkness here, yet far away from their 90s' output. But what makes this record so special for me is a single aspect: feels. Some may prefer Judgement, or even the previous album, but Weather Systems will always have a special place in my soul, for it is the most intense, cathartic emotional experience I've ever listened to. Anathema are a band with heavy focus on emotions, and I think it's here where they reached their absolute creative, and emotional zenit.

I think my words shall never do it justice, for the only way to truly experience this albums, is, well, listening to it. I always like to find people who have a deep connection with it - those of us who found something truly special on Weather Systems know it's hard for others to understand our passion. All I can say is, I fucking love it.

Recommended song: Untouchable pt. 1

In Absentia
Porcupine Tree

Goddamnit, Steven, you creep motherfucker

Didn't like this album on a first listen.

"This is fucking overrated", I thought. And then ignored it for weeks. But that was back when I was still discovering prog, getting into it. Dream Theater were already my fav band and biggest obsession, but now wanted to look for more of this genre. So after a disappointing beginning with Porcupine Tree, went with Opeth. Couldn't fucking stand Mikael's growls, thus I turned to Damnation. And loved it. But... it also sounded slightly similar to In Absentia - was surprised to see Wilson producing and writing some stuff for it. So, just out of curiosity, gave PT another chance, just to see if this time they'd click. Had no hopes about it, and my expectations were pretty low. Blackest Eyes starts, now I'm listening carefully, and... BOOM. Heavy riff, crazy drumming, and a break down. Acoustic guitars and a beautiful atmosphere, just to become heavy again. This contrast blew me away like few times has happened to me. Then Trains, a nice ballad, that I'd later find out was a fan favorite. But for the longest time, it was just an ok track in my book - couldn't see what was so "awesome" about it. I didn't care much, for I was loving the album. After that, I don't really remember much, other than In Absentia kept growing and growing on me a hella lot with time, specially Trains! I'd have never imagined such a little song would become one of my very favorite tracks, ever.

What draws me back to this album each time is how unique it sounds. Not only in the context of Wilson's discography, but in any context to be honest - I haven't heard a single record, nor song, that sounds remotely like this, and for that I love it. Ok, no, that's only one of the reasons I do. Creativity. You know, after the happy/melancholic Lightbulb Sun, and getting into metal, again, Wilson started to experiment with it. And created, right here, a fusion of all these styles he had previously played. There are psychedelic, space-y soundscapes that make my consciousness drift away (if that makes any sense). The choruses are catchy as hell, the guitars heavy and noisy, yet with a very clean sound. The dark drones and lyrics, damn.

I feel like I'm really failing to describe why I love In Absentia this much. Maybe it's just were I connect the most with all of Wilson's releases, and despite thinking there were some fillers, I just love every minute of it all now. Although I love basically everything he has released, this will likely remain in a special place in me for ages to come.

Recommended song: Trains

Offline jakepriest

Re: Le Sacul's fav records! v2. Not prog, but truly progressive music
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2016, 02:39:02 PM »
The first disc of SDOIT is pure brilliance and that enough makes it my second most favourite DT album. The second disc is a bloated abomination that has its moment but ultimately I don't ever listen to it as one entire song anymore. Losing Time / The Grand Finale is incredible though. I wish they used it as a closer.

Also, where's Addicted?  :corn