Author Topic: An Interactive Story, Update/Question for Participants  (Read 16084 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Re: An Interactive Story, Chapter Four: High Seas
« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2015, 03:12:07 AM »
I'm not sure how favourably the natives will react to us asking to tread on holy land, but I do think that it is the better option than what Arra is suggesting.

Not sure what to do if we are unsuccessful though.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
Re: An Interactive Story, Chapter Four: High Seas **Important Question Pg. 7**
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2015, 12:26:47 AM »
Alright voting closed, will update tomorrow.

In the meantime:

It seems like participation has really dropped off, which is partly my fault as updates have slowed down as well. However this being the case I want to ask about possibly changing the structure a little bit.

Rather than these smaller updates with more choices, would you rather see much larger updates with more infrequent choices? Would you prefer if we keep the size of updates and number of choices similar? Would you perhaps just like me to finish out the story all at once and get this over with? Please let me know what the best way to proceed will be to keep you interested.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2015, 08:41:31 PM »
Please answer the question in the previous post when you vote!

“I don't think we can just leave him,” you say.

Arra sighs, “You two can do whatever you want, but I'll stay here.”

You and Banti leave her where she is and walk out into the trees, keeping low to the ground to avoid drawing anyone's attention. Banti guides you in the direction Alain went, and eventually you come across a large clearing in the forest with a large pyramid structure in the center of it. A strange glow comes from the top of the pyramid, so you climb up to find Alain there in intense concentration.

As you approach, you begin to feel a strange pressure in your head, a throbbing sensation like someone is beating a great drum right next to you. You find yourself being compelled to kneel and close your eyes, and then feel as though you are falling.

As you manage to force your eyes open, you see that the landscape around you has changed, or rather, disappeared. The pyramid structure sits in the middle of an inky darkness that stretches as far as you can see.

“Damn it,” you hear Alain's voice, “I told you not to follow me.”

You look to the source of the voice and see Alain there, now standing. Next to him stands, or floats, rather, a strange creature. It seems to be made all out of a strange, blackish-purple fire, shaped vaguely like a human, with ice-blue lights shining where eyes should be.

“More guests are always welcome,” says a feminine voice from the creature.

“What... what is it?” you hear Banti say, beside you.

It? You wound me. I am a 'she' as much as you are. A devastatingly beautiful one, I might add.”

“What is she, then?”asks Banti, still only speaking to Alain and not the creature, “A god?”

“Not a god, not even close. She is powerful, though. I think she started as some kind of nature spirit, but a long time ago I imagine they would sacrifice young women and girls to it. A sacrifice like that can be very powerful, the life energy of the victim being wholly absorbed by the recipient. Little bits of personality come along with that, hence the femininity she has now.”

“Young women as sacrifices?” Banti asks, nervously, “How long ago was this, exactly?”

“Too long ago,” the spirit says, wistfully, “So, so long since they brought me a new friend. Before I met that Yll woman, I would think.”

“You met Yll?” Banti asks, a hint of reverence touching her voice.

“Oh, yes.” The spirit flows forward through the air towards Banti, “I met her, and we talked for so long. I could tell you what we talked about, you know. You'd just need to stay with me a while.” She extends a hand.

“Alright,” Banti says, reaching for the spirit's hand.

“Banti, stop!” Alain shouts, dashing toward her and pushing her hand away. “Do you want to be absorbed into her like the others?”

“If you become a part of me,” the spirit says, “You would get to know what it was like to meet Yll. Know the sound of her voice, exactly how she looked.”

“Of course,” says Banti, reaching for the spirit again, “That would be wonderful.”

“Stop this!” Alain shouts, pushing her back and standing between Banti and the spirit, “I won't let you have her.”

“I think you misunderstand,” the spirit says, her voice growing colder, a red tinge entering the blue of her 'eyes'. “One of you will be staying. If you are volunteering to take her place, that is acceptable. I've never had a man before, after all.”

Alain looks to you, a panicked look in his eyes, “Dret, what do we do?”

So, what would you like to do? Should one of your comrades be left with the spirit? Perhaps you will stay and let your friends escape? Maybe you think you can fight her? As ever, the choice is yours.

Please answer the question in the previous post when you vote!

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2015, 11:53:40 PM »
To answer the question, I'd be more in favor of frequent shorter updates rather than long spaced out ones.

As far as the story goes, we should try to figure out what Alain has been doing here. Maybe he knows something about this creature that we don't yet know. If there is no way of everyone getting away from the creature alive (through combat, trickery, etc...), I would say let Banti have what she wants. I think she's a great character, but if she really wants this and is not just being controlled by the spirit, she should stay. Who knows, she could merge with the spirit and somehow survive with immortality and other powers.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: An Interactive Story, Update/Question for Participants
« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2015, 11:43:45 AM »
Alright so evidently people are not really interested in continuing this.

Would people like a summary of what the rest of the story would have been? Would you perhaps like that in Short Story format?

...my name is Araragi.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #215 on: December 10, 2015, 08:59:31 AM »
I am interested.  However you would choose to do it (whether shorter, more frequent posts or vice-versa) is fine.  I personally would like to see it continue. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2015, 10:47:22 AM »
I'd love to carry on with it, but it depends on if people are participating.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2015, 10:55:09 AM »
I understand. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."