Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69595 times)

Offline shadow1psc

Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2016, 11:27:04 AM »
So... are the BOX SETS themselves coming with a 2CD set as well, or are they sending the 2CD set ahead of time, and we'll get an "empty" box sometime in March?

For the Deluxe set, the album will ship separately (to arrive on release day) from the rest of the goodies. The album will also come with a 'special gift', which I'm intrigued by.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2016, 11:43:48 AM »
So... are the BOX SETS themselves coming with a 2CD set as well, or are they sending the 2CD set ahead of time, and we'll get an "empty" box sometime in March?

For the Deluxe set, the album will ship separately (to arrive on release day) from the rest of the goodies. The album will also come with a 'special gift', which I'm intrigued by.

I understand that they are sending out the 2CD set early. I'm wondering if the boxes will then be void of a 2CD set when they arrive. As in, will people who pre-order the Deluxe Box will be getting a second copy of the album on CD. Not that I need a second copy, but it's seemed as if the Deluxe Box set will come WITH a 2CD set.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline shadow1psc

« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2016, 11:47:02 AM »

I understand that they are sending out the 2CD set early. I'm wondering if the boxes will then be void of a 2CD set when they arrive. As in, will people who pre-order the Deluxe Box will be getting a second copy of the album on CD. Not that I need a second copy, but it's seemed as if the Deluxe Box set will come WITH a 2CD set.

I don't think they're shipping extra copies of the CD when they ship the rest of the package. My original order reads as the 2CD AND the Vinyl set are coming on the 29th.

The Astonishing Box Set Bundle (Pre-order - released on: 1/29/2016)   1   $199.99
The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set           
(Pre-order - released on: 3/25/2016)       
The Astonishing Vinyl Box Set           
(Pre-order - released on: 1/29/2016)       
The Astonishing 2CD Set           
The Astonishing Gift           
The Astonishing Digital FLAC Album           
The Astonishing Digital MP3 Album           

Offline YouMakeMeSick

« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2016, 12:32:14 PM »

I'm guessing it will be one of the GNEA or Ravenskill patches, it would be awesome if they threw both in. 
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2016, 03:24:55 PM »
Mine just shipped (email from RR) and it says that what was actually shipped was the 2-CD set and the "Gift".  :metal

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2016, 03:26:29 PM »
Just got confirmation of both a delay until May and what the "gift" is (a Nomac pin).
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2016, 03:29:45 PM »
Just got confirmation of both a delay until May and what the "gift" is (a Nomac pin).
A "limited edition" NOMAC pin...actually it looks kinda cool in the pic.

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2016, 03:30:44 PM »
Waiting for my shipment confirmation email... I really hope it gets here by friday...
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #218 on: January 25, 2016, 04:05:16 PM »
A "limited edition" NOMAC pin...actually it looks kinda cool in the pic.

Those of you that ordered  the deluxe set should get remote control nomac for that price.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2016, 04:23:11 PM »

I don't think they're shipping extra copies of the CD when they ship the rest of the package. My original order reads as the 2CD AND the Vinyl set are coming on the 29th.

The Astonishing Box Set Bundle (Pre-order - released on: 1/29/2016)   1   $199.99
The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set           
(Pre-order - released on: 3/25/2016)       
The Astonishing Vinyl Box Set           
The Astonishing 2CD Set           
The Astonishing Gift           
The Astonishing Digital FLAC Album           
The Astonishing Digital MP3 Album           

this was my question from day one, because the webpage lists the 2cd set, as well as the limited edition box set, which includes the 2cd set, as part of the box set bundle.  Not taking the delay into account, does that mean the box set bundle includes 2 copies of the 2cd set?  i viewed it this way as the bundle including all sets,
  • limited box
  • vinyl set
  • 2cd, which is also included in limited box

anyone have ideas on this? or just be surprised when it arrives  :lol

Offline Kilminster

« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2016, 09:45:06 AM »
My ultimate order from RR UK is now saying deluxe 26th may, vinyl 3rd March so looks like the vinyl is delayed too : (

Offline jremay

« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2016, 05:22:58 PM »
Anyone have any idea as to why the vinyl is delayed? I feel pretty silly for ordering it in December now.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2016, 05:38:05 PM »
Maybe pressing issues.

I just got that email. Still no shipping of CD yet.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2016, 05:40:54 PM »
So I'm kind of confused... If I pre-ordered the limited edition deluxe box set, will I bet getting anything on Friday?
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2016, 05:46:15 PM »
So I'm kind of confused... If I pre-ordered the limited edition deluxe box set, will I bet getting anything on Friday?

We should be getting the 2-cd's. It was going to include the vinyls, but guess not now. We will definitely be getting the digital downloads for sure.

Edit: Just got the shipping email, yay!! It's the 2-CD and the gift that we'll be getting on Friday.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:17:55 PM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2016, 12:03:43 PM »
Still no e-mail for me... I ordered just four days later... two not counting the weekend..  :justjen
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:04:29 PM by mikemangioy »
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline thosava

« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2016, 12:07:24 PM »
I ordered from a Norwegian site, and it hsn't been shipped yet. It will progably ship sometime tomorrow, wich leaves a possibility of it not being here until saturday. I'm considering buying the HDtracks version on friday as i probably would have done some time in the future anyway. My question is, does any of you know if i will get the lyrics booklet in PDF format together with my download?

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2016, 12:17:33 PM »
How do you know that it'll be available on HDtracks at all (let alone on Friday)? I didn't see any official mention of that so far...

But yeah, if/when it is on HDtracks, I think chances are good that the booklet will be included. It was the case for ADTOE and DT12, and the booklet is even more important this time, so they'd be fools if they didn't include it.

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2016, 12:35:49 PM »
If you ordered the box sets, you should also get access to the FLACs on Friday.  At least according to the invoice I got.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »
YaYY!
Just received my Shipping email from Amazon.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »
If you ordered the box sets, you should also get access to the FLACs on Friday.  At least according to the invoice I got.
Yeah, but that'll probably just be the CD master, and I don't expect much from that given the last albums...

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
YaYY!
Just received my Shipping email from Amazon.

Woohoo, I just got my shipping information and tracking number!

:hifive:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2016, 02:26:15 PM »
How do you know that it'll be available on HDtracks at all (let alone on Friday)? I didn't see any official mention of that so far...

But yeah, if/when it is on HDtracks, I think chances are good that the booklet will be included. It was the case for ADTOE and DT12, and the booklet is even more important this time, so they'd be fools if they didn't include it.

It's on the HD Tracks Facebook pages under the New releases post. Opeth's Pale Communion will also be released through HD Tracks.

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2016, 02:36:03 PM »
Ah, perfect. :-) I only checked their website, but apparently they don't list upcoming releases there...

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #235 on: January 27, 2016, 04:33:33 PM »
after the emails about the delays for the vinyl set and limited set, finally got a shipping confirmation for the cd and gift from roadrunner! 
pretty doubtful that it'll arrive by friday though if it's only now shipping, but you never know.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #236 on: January 27, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »
Got my shipment notification email from RoadRunner earlier. Looks like my 2CD and Gift/pin will arrive in 2-3 days, and tracking was included. So exciting to get it!

Anyone know when they'll email the access codes for FLAC and MP3 copies of the album? I'd assume it would be Friday, but if it's any sooner, that'd be awesome.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2016, 04:45:49 PM »
Does somebody know if Amazon (US) will include AutoRip of the album? I could order for free shipping (which wouldn't arrive on Friday) if I knew I could have the mp3s on release day.

Edit: Actually Walmart and Best Buy also list The Astonishing for less than 15 bucks, same as Amazon. If they keep this pre-order price for the physical sales, probably going to the stores may simply be better.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:51:08 PM by fischermasamune »

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: January 27, 2016, 04:52:50 PM »
I just checked my Amazon order...I never noticed before but it does NOT show autorip available for it. When I check "manage content" under my account, TA doesn't show up yet. Maybe it will on Friday, but as of right now, I have no idea.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline YouMakeMeSick

« Reply #239 on: January 27, 2016, 04:59:40 PM »
Finally got my shipping confirmation today, which made me very worried... Until my MyUPS service sent me a confirmation that they will deliver it tomorrow  :metal
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline mike099

« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2016, 05:34:06 PM »
I received a shipping confirmation this morning from Best Buy. :biggrin:

Offline Gpals71

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »
I just got my shipping confirmation too  :tup
Unfortunately it is stated in the e-mail from RoadRunner that expected shipping time is 5-7 business days (To Norway)  :sad:  :sad:
Would love to have the physical booklet on the 29th to follow the storry. To me the booklets with lyrics, have always been 30% of the experience.
Well, at least I get the FLAC files at release date.

Offline mike099

« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »
I am even more excited to hear the 'fan' reviews of the first concert next month.  No speculation on the set list, but sound, videos and how they will handle the orchestra and choir parts.  Will they leave this out or will it be back tracked and if they do leave it out, how will it affect the show.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2016, 07:37:57 PM »
Hell yeah, we received shipping orders

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #244 on: January 28, 2016, 02:40:57 AM »
I am even more excited to hear the 'fan' reviews of the first concert next month.

Me too. The tickets are much more expensive this time (+67%), so I'll probably only go if the reviews are amazing...