Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69625 times)

Offline zappafrank2112

Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #420 on: July 27, 2016, 09:16:42 AM »
I emailed again mentioning I saw someone in here already had their set. The guy said this:

As far as I am aware we have not begun shipping these, however it does appear that the box sets have dropped to our warehouse to begin being packaged for shipment. Hopefully we will have these shipped out very soon.

What e-mail address did you use?

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #421 on: July 27, 2016, 12:11:11 PM »
I emailed again mentioning I saw someone in here already had their set. The guy said this:

As far as I am aware we have not begun shipping these, however it does appear that the box sets have dropped to our warehouse to begin being packaged for shipment. Hopefully we will have these shipped out very soon.

What e-mail address did you use?

Originally I used the contact form to get a ticket #. (https://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/contacts)

but the reply to address is:

merch.roadrunnerrecords.com@gmail.com

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #422 on: July 27, 2016, 01:10:40 PM »
Just got the full amount refunded.  They claim they have it in the warehouse and are going to start packaging them, whatever that means but they still refunded it.

I feel kind of bad.  I was willing to take the refund minus the fair market value of the CD, which is about $15 on Amazon but they just gave me the full amount. 

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #423 on: July 29, 2016, 12:38:47 AM »
Got a reply to my e-mail asking about the status and a refund. It's similar to what others have received and is about what you'd expect.  Despite what others have said about being told the sets are actually in-house, the reply to me makes it sound like they're still waiting.

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry about the series of unexpected production delays. Management is aware of this and we are doing our best to get this highly anticipated box set out to you.

I know that you have prepaid for this box set and have been waiting patiently. If you would like me to cancel and refund your order please let me know. This way you can come back later once it's finally available and pay for it in real time.

We are just as anxious to get this in our hands as well. Once more I am very sorry delay.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #424 on: July 29, 2016, 12:42:24 AM »
I know people who have legit forgotten they even ordered the box set, it's been so out of sight, out of mind; they never even received e-mail updates, which apparently has been a problem.

At this point, I honestly feel that they owe us all a partial refund even if we accept the sets.  What if someone had bought this as a gift? What if someone had bought a NOMAC to take to a meet n greet and get signed?  Ridiculous.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #425 on: July 29, 2016, 12:44:02 AM »
Just got the full amount refunded.  They claim they have it in the warehouse and are going to start packaging them, whatever that means but they still refunded it.

I feel kind of bad.  I was willing to take the refund minus the fair market value of the CD, which is about $15 on Amazon but they just gave me the full amount.

Might seem obvious, but they took your name off of the list of people to send the set to, correct?  Or is it possible they refunded you but still kept your name on the list?

Offline bhull

« Reply #426 on: July 29, 2016, 06:54:54 AM »
Got a reply to my e-mail asking about the status and a refund. It's similar to what others have received and is about what you'd expect.  Despite what others have said about being told the sets are actually in-house, the reply to me makes it sound like they're still waiting.

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry about the series of unexpected production delays. Management is aware of this and we are doing our best to get this highly anticipated box set out to you.

I know that you have prepaid for this box set and have been waiting patiently. If you would like me to cancel and refund your order please let me know. This way you can come back later once it's finally available and pay for it in real time.

We are just as anxious to get this in our hands as well. Once more I am very sorry delay.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

I got the exact same canned response.

The poster was fine and all, but at this point I feel they have burned past whatever goodwill it generated...due to the lack of communication.  It would go a long way if they shipped it with some kind of awesome coupon for the store.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #427 on: July 29, 2016, 01:27:24 PM »
I got the poster. 

I can't figure out whose signatures is whose. I can tell Mike's signature because of the M, and James' is semi legible, but the other signatures are jumbled messes. With the circumstances though, they probably got tired of signing.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #428 on: July 29, 2016, 01:36:10 PM »
I got the poster. 

I can't figure out whose signatures is whose. I can tell Mike's signature because of the M, and James' is semi legible, but the other signatures are jumbled messes. With the circumstances though, they probably got tired of signing.

I think it was discussed earlier in the thread but there's one signature missing on them. I forget who we determined it was.. maybe JMX?

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #429 on: July 29, 2016, 01:48:01 PM »
Someone made a good point about the box set being delivered far after the novelty had worn off.

I think that was a very astute observation.  It's like, "I'm over the album at this point.  I'm no longer excited about the new release, especially knowing how that release failed to deliver*.  It's like, I don't care anymore.  The moment is gone.  I don't have the same enthusiasm for the album itself, so I sure don't have the same enthusiasm for the bells and whistles."

*my opinion, obv

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #430 on: July 29, 2016, 02:46:10 PM »

Might seem obvious, but they took your name off of the list of people to send the set to, correct?  Or is it possible they refunded you but still kept your name on the list?

Let me clarify.  They sent me an email saying the boxsets just arrived so they would immediately label my order as "backordered" and once I get that email I can cancel.  Once I did, I canceled.  Don't know why they did it like this but I got my money back so I guess I'm happy. 

I doubt my name is still on a list to receive it.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #431 on: August 01, 2016, 10:02:20 PM »
Just got an email saying my Boxset is shipping.

Alright.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Lark the Starless

• Engrish.
« Reply #432 on: August 02, 2016, 03:13:32 AM »
Just got an email saying my Boxset is shipping.

Alright.

Same. Finally! It looks to be arriving Friday, August 5 (nuggetz) for me.

Offline brucknerdoc

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #433 on: August 02, 2016, 04:42:44 AM »
Same email that it has shipped - and just a week after an email that they had no idea when...

Anyway, tracks to arrive on Wed - finally!!!  :metal

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #434 on: August 02, 2016, 06:28:23 AM »
No email for me saying its shipped. In fact, I've not received an email since the "Hey, we're sending you a signed poster" email. Just tried logging into the RR webstore and it can't find my account. Tried to reset my password and 30 minutes later, still no reset email. I guess I'll actually have to contact RR support... :-/
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #435 on: August 02, 2016, 07:52:22 AM »
Nothing here from RR

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #436 on: August 03, 2016, 03:22:57 AM »
Nothing here, either. And no response to the email I sent them a couple of days ago.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Curt

« Reply #437 on: August 03, 2016, 05:04:23 AM »
Nothing here, either. And no response to the email I sent them a couple of days ago.

Same deal here

Offline bhull

« Reply #438 on: August 03, 2016, 07:20:34 AM »
So I did get the shipment notification and tracking number on Monday.  But RR still had to get one last fail in.

Anything valuable that I order online, I would get it delivered to my work so it doesn't sit in front of the house all day.  I worked in the energy sector and finally got hit in a third round of layoffs due to the oil crash.

Within a day or two, I went into my RR acct and updated the shipping information back to my house.

Well, I guess the system pulled the shipping data from the pre-order info and not from my acct information.  They have shipped it to my old employer.  /sigh

Luckily I left on very good terms and can swing by to pick it up....but still annoying as hell. 

I'm tempted to contact RR to have them correct the shipping address, but I figured it's been enough of a shitshow over there.  I'll just let it go and drive out to pick it up.

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #439 on: August 03, 2016, 07:39:51 AM »
Out of nowhere I got an email from rr with a tracking number and should have mine today or tomorrow. So looks like they are starting to ship them out, but in small batches. But wow did they do a poor job of keeping us informed, and still have not shipped them by the date the said they would. I've purchased the last 4 albums as the limited editions, but this may be my last one. What really bugs me is that I wanted to take something from the limited edition to get signed at the meet and greet, but since I didn't have anything but the CD, I ended up taking something from the Dream Theater limited edition to get signed. Only hope now is that they play somewhere close on the second leg of the tour and I get them to sign it then.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:04:57 AM by dreamtheater360 »

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #440 on: August 03, 2016, 10:12:52 AM »
How do I check the status of my order?  I didn't create an account when I ordered the boxset. I've got an order number but no way to check its status.

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #441 on: August 03, 2016, 10:49:47 AM »
I think you can go to https://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/contacts and submit your info. However, buy the responses of most people on this forum, it may be 2 months they will respond to you.  :laugh:

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #442 on: August 03, 2016, 12:17:38 PM »
Out of nowhere I got an email from rr with a tracking number and should have mine today or tomorrow. So looks like they are starting to ship them out, but in small batches. But wow did they do a poor job of keeping us informed, and still have not shipped them by the date the said they would. I've purchased the last 4 albums as the limited editions, but this may be my last one. What really bugs me is that I wanted to take something from the limited edition to get signed at the meet and greet, but since I didn't have anything but the CD, I ended up taking something from the Dream Theater limited edition to get signed. Only hope now is that they play somewhere close on the second leg of the tour and I get them to sign it then.

Wow...

Just be happy you got something signed.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #443 on: August 03, 2016, 01:18:02 PM »

Wow...

Just be happy you got something signed.

Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy to get stuff signed by the band, but we spend s lot of money for meet and greet tickets and collector edition stuff, and it just would have been nice to get an item from The Astonishing signed by the band on The Astonishing tour.

Also I understand they had some production problems or delays, I just feel that Roadrunner could have done better to keeping us updated.

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #444 on: August 03, 2016, 02:22:07 PM »
Apparently mine shipped and is set to arrive on Friday, but I'll believe it when I see it.  Just in trying to think about what I was supposed to get, and what I've already received, there's not much more to this than the 3D printed Nomac and a few other items (book?).  It'll be interesting to see how it's packaged.

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #445 on: August 03, 2016, 03:12:55 PM »
So I received mine. Packaging was nice. NOMAC replica is very detailed. The map and poster are very large. Trading cards are probably a little bigger than playing cards. The screenplay is heavy white paper, three hole punched with brass fastener, so it looks like a screenplay should look.  Something that I guess I missed and wasn't expecting was that it was packaged with another copy of the CD. They sent the first copy when it was released in February, so I ended up with 2 copies of the CD. ;D

Offline The J-Man

« Reply #446 on: August 03, 2016, 04:34:00 PM »
I just received mine 10 minutes ago. I bought 2 (one for me and one for my brother) and they are both heavily damaged. Words cannot describe how upset I am at the moment. Poorly packed. I'll post an OP with pictures.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #447 on: August 03, 2016, 04:47:26 PM »
I just received mine 10 minutes ago. I bought 2 (one for me and one for my brother) and they are both heavily damaged. Words cannot describe how upset I am at the moment. Poorly packed. I'll post an OP with pictures.

I wondered if this might happen.

I also wonder many extra they produced, given that it's not sold out and it was such a pain in the ass to get.

I'd ask them for replacements plus some kind of refund.  This has just gotten ridiculous.  I'm sure they'll try to pass the buck, but you can threaten them with a report (in the US at least) to the Better Business Bureau.  Misleading information, lack of communication (on multiple fronts), damaged goods: there's a lot of marks against them.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #448 on: August 03, 2016, 04:50:19 PM »
Something that I guess I missed and wasn't expecting was that it was packaged with another copy of the CD. They sent the first copy when it was released in February, so I ended up with 2 copies of the CD. ;D

This speaks to incredibly shoddy record keeping on their part.  They should know who has and has not received at least the CD portion. 

Why does this matter?  If they're giving away duplicates to everyone who ordered, then they can turn around later and say that they have to jack prices in order to eat the cost they lost when giving away CD's (despite how cheap they are to produce).

Offline bhull

« Reply #449 on: August 03, 2016, 09:09:31 PM »

Please post pics....very curious.

***EDIT***

Nevermind, just saw your other post...looking at the pics now.

Offline Aquiesence

« Reply #450 on: August 04, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »
I assume all people that have received the NOMAC live in the US?

Is there anyone from EU that have ordered from the UK site and has any news?

Because it looks like none of the EU pre-orders has been fulfilled yet, and MAYBE next week RR will receive the product from the supplier ...
"Close your eyes, what do you see ? Dreams in rhyme with reality"
my blog: https://eburnus.blogspot.com/

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #451 on: August 04, 2016, 05:27:41 PM »
I'm curious about the screenplay. Does it feature the same text as the CD booklet? Or, does it include anything else? (maybe additional descriptions about the places, characters, events...) For instance: does it include the descriptions from the micro-website?

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #452 on: August 04, 2016, 06:12:26 PM »
I'm curious about the screenplay. Does it feature the same text as the CD booklet? Or, does it include anything else? (maybe additional descriptions about the places, characters, events...) For instance: does it include the descriptions from the micro-website?

It is just like the text in the CD booklet. None of the extra back story information from the track list website.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #453 on: August 04, 2016, 06:17:03 PM »
It is just like the text in the CD booklet. None of the extra back story information from the track list website.

Ugh, of course it's nothing special.

Is there anything special outside of the NOMAC?

Seriously considering cancelling my order.

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #454 on: August 04, 2016, 06:48:06 PM »

Ugh, of course it's nothing special.

Is there anything special outside of the NOMAC?

Seriously considering cancelling my order.

A large movie size poster, a big 2 sided map, 15 trading cards and the CD in included in the box as well. The NOMAC is really the center piece.

Also, if anyone wants any photos of any of the items, let me know and I'll post them.