Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69615 times)

Offline bhull

Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #385 on: July 25, 2016, 09:35:23 AM »
I've also emailed them.

I checked my gmail, and the last message I've gotten from them was May 20th stating it would be released June 17th.  I haven't gotten any of the other messages that some here seem to have gotten with the July date.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #386 on: July 25, 2016, 09:36:03 AM »
I've also emailed them.

I checked my gmail, and the last message I've gotten from them was May 20th stating it would be released June 17th.  I haven't gotten any of the other messages that some here seem to have gotten with the July date.

Did they specify a year though? :P

I hope they sort it all out soon, because it looks like a nice set.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #387 on: July 25, 2016, 08:56:22 PM »
I wish the band was a bit more communicative regarding this issue. I know it's mainly a label issue but the bottom line, this will affect Dream Theater in future pre-orders and that means lost money.

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2016, 02:14:10 AM »
I wish the band was a bit more communicative regarding this issue. I know it's mainly a label issue but the bottom line, this will affect Dream Theater in future pre-orders and that means lost money.
Agree, isn't this supposed to be the "official" forum?
£125 is to me a considered purchase.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2016, 04:04:50 AM »
After emailing Roadrunner several times to no avail I actually messaged Jordan a few days ago who didn't seem to know anything about it either but said he would investigate it for me, so it seems the band know about as much as the rest of us.

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2016, 04:29:37 AM »
... which makes the whole thing even shittier. They didn't even tell the band what's going on with their release? After how the band promoted the box set?
I'm done with ordering from RR.

Offline bhull

« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2016, 06:51:32 AM »
After emailing Roadrunner several times to no avail I actually messaged Jordan a few days ago who didn't seem to know anything about it either but said he would investigate it for me, so it seems the band know about as much as the rest of us.

Thanks for doing that.  I had considered reaching out to JP through social media but now that I see Jordan is going to investigate, I'll hold off.

I'm sure they knew about the initial delays because of the poster signing.  But it sounds like they are unaware it still hasn't shipped.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2016, 08:00:00 AM »
I just got some sort of canned response that I could wait it out or cancel and order it when they are readily available. Blah

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry about the series of unexpected production delays. Management is aware of this and we are doing our best to get this highly anticipated box set out to you.

I know that you have prepaid for this box set and have been waiting patiently. If you would like me to cancel and refund your order please let me know. This way you can come back later once it's finally available and pay for it in real time.

We are just as anxious to get this in our hands as well. Once more I am very sorry delay.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:09:46 AM by Mindflux »

Offline DT_1928

« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2016, 08:25:45 AM »
I just got some sort of canned response that I could wait it out or cancel and order it when they are readily available. Blah

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry about the series of unexpected production delays. Management is aware of this and we are doing our best to get this highly anticipated box set out to you.

I know that you have prepaid for this box set and have been waiting patiently. If you would like me to cancel and refund your order please let me know. This way you can come back later once it's finally available and pay for it in real time.

We are just as anxious to get this in our hands as well. Once more I am very sorry delay.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

I received the exact same email over 2 weeks ago and have emailed back 5 times now with no reply and no refund!  :censored  >:(

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2016, 08:28:37 AM »
I received the exact same email over 2 weeks ago and have emailed back 5 times now with no reply and no refund!  :censored  >:(

They've already sent me the CDs, the pin, the Vinyl and the poster. I'm afraid if I ask for a refund they'd be like "we can give you back about $50 bucks". So might as well wait it out I suppose.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2016, 11:26:35 AM »
Still waiting for a response about my request for a refund.  I was willing to be cool about this but you can't even email within a few days to give me any info about this?  Yeah, half a year is too long to wait to begin with. 

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2016, 01:10:44 PM »
What burns me about the delay on the box set is that I spent a lot of money on what I personally consider to be one of their more lackluster albums.  I'll be honest: the real life NOMAC was the draw.  I imagine the screenplay really isn't any different than the CD liner notes, and the trading cards are just the pictures from the liner, as well.

I e-mail Roadrunner; we'll see if I get the option of a refund.  Like someone else said, I already have the CD, pin, and poster.  Not sure the NOMAC is really worth it.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2016, 01:20:22 PM »
What burns me about the delay on the box set is that I spent a lot of money on what I personally consider to be one of their more lackluster albums.  I'll be honest: the real life NOMAC was the draw.  I imagine the screenplay really isn't any different than the CD liner notes, and the trading cards are just the pictures from the liner, as well.

I e-mail Roadrunner; we'll see if I get the option of a refund.  Like someone else said, I already have the CD, pin, and poster.  Not sure the NOMAC is really worth it.

Am I one of the only ones to get the vinyl part of the Deluxe/Ultimate Box?  I'm waiting on the NOMAC/screenplay/cards/map and box I guess?

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2016, 01:28:27 PM »
Am I one of the only ones to get the vinyl part of the Deluxe/Ultimate Box?  I'm waiting on the NOMAC/screenplay/cards/map and box I guess?

I know someone else who ordered the vinyl and received it without an issue.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2016, 01:30:22 PM »
Here's an update

https://imgur.com/a/5ZAJw?reg

It's real people! I hope you all get yours soon! It's about damned time it got here!

Is there anything really special about the screenplay or the cards?  I imagine the screenplay is just the liners in paper form, and the cards are already just pictures from the liners.  Not sure if the NOMAC is worth waiting for.

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2016, 01:32:46 PM »
Mindflux, you're aware that there are two different box sets, right? There's the "Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set" (without vinyl) and the "Box Bundle" (with vinyl), the latter obviously being the more expensive option.
The vinyl itself has been released separately back in March IIRC, and I assume that everyone who ordered the Box Bundle also received it around that time.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2016, 01:36:07 PM »

I know someone else who ordered the vinyl and received it without an issue.

Right but as part of the 'big' box set?

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2016, 01:37:08 PM »
Right but as part of the 'big' box set?

Yep.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: July 26, 2016, 01:37:32 PM »
Mindflux, you're aware that there are two different box sets, right? There's the "Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set" (without vinyl) and the "Box Bundle" (with vinyl), the latter obviously being the more expensive option.
The vinyl itself has been released separately back in March IIRC, and I assume that everyone who ordered the Box Bundle also received it around that time.

Yes I realize that. I have the "Box Bundle" on order. I've gotten everything but the NOMAC/map/screenplay/box/cards (The NOMAC which only comes with the Box Bundle as far as I recall? and was the major reason for the delays?)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #405 on: July 26, 2016, 01:39:06 PM »
Yes I realize that. I have the "Box Bundle" on order. I've gotten everything but the NOMAC (which only comes with the Box Bundle as far as I recall? and was the major reason for the delays?)

NOMAC comes with all the special bundles, in addition to the screenplay, cards, poster, and box.  I got the pin when I received the CD's, and the poster maybe a month or so ago.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #406 on: July 26, 2016, 01:40:49 PM »
NOMAC comes with all the special bundles, in addition to the screenplay, cards, poster, and box.  I got the pin when I received the CD's, and the poster maybe a month or so ago.

HUH. I could have sworn the NOMAC was just part of the big box.  Of course the Road Runner shop is down for me so I can't really go look. TBH I haven't checked since I ordered (back whenever the preorders started).

:lol

Offline bhull

« Reply #407 on: July 26, 2016, 02:03:00 PM »
The Astonishing Vinyl Box Set - Vinyl, MP3s and FLAC
The Astonishing Box Set Bundle - Vinyl, CDs, Gift, MP3s and FLAC
The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set - Custom box, NOMAC, CDs, Vinyl, Gift, Lyric Book, Poster, cards, MP3s, FLAC

It's the limited edition box set that we have been talking about.  Those who ordered it have recieved the gift (pin), CDs, Vinyl, digital goods and a signed poster for the numerous delays.  The box, NOMAC, lyric book, poster and cards still have not been shipped.  RR has missed several shipping dates, the most recent one...according to an email received by a forum member here being the 20th of this month.  The last mass email they sent stated 17 June.  RR has not communicated anything regarding missing either the 17 June or 20 July date.

***edited with some further clarification on the dates***
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:09:40 PM by bhull »

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: July 26, 2016, 02:08:25 PM »
The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set - Custom box, NOMAC, CDs, Vinyl, Gift, Lyric Book, Poster, cards, MP3s, FLAC

It's the limited edition box set that we have been talking about.  Those who ordered it have recieved the gift (pin), CDs, Vinyl, digital goods and a signed poster for the numerous delays.  The box, NOMAC, lyric book, poster and cards still have not been shipped.  RR has missed several shipping dates, the most recent one...according to some in this forum being the 20th of this month.  RR has not communicated anything regarding missing this latest date.

The box set bundle is the one I'm waiting on. That's the most expensive of them. I thought it was the "Limited Edition" + NOMAC in my head for some reason.

The Limited Edition Box set does not have the the Vinyl according to the page, FYI.

So the only way to get the Vinyl is the Vinyl box set or the "Big Box" and the Vinyl Box does not come with the NOMAC which is why I was so damn confused.

Offline bhull

« Reply #409 on: July 26, 2016, 02:13:39 PM »

It's the limited edition box set that we have been talking about.  Those who ordered it have recieved the gift (pin), CDs, Vinyl, digital goods and a signed poster for the numerous delays.  The box, NOMAC, lyric book, poster and cards still have not been shipped.  RR has missed several shipping dates, the most recent one...according to some in this forum being the 20th of this month.  RR has not communicated anything regarding missing this latest date.

The box set bundle is the one I'm waiting on. That's the most expensive of them. I thought it was the "Limited Edition" + NOMAC in my head for some reason.

The Limited Edition Box set does not have the the Vinyl according to the page, FYI.

So the only way to get the Vinyl is the Vinyl box set or the "Big Box" and the Vinyl Box does not come with the NOMAC.

Yeah, that page has been messed up for months now.  I think what they did was reverse the prices between the box set bundle and the limited edition box set on that page.

They have never even updated the availability which currently shows "in stock"

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: July 26, 2016, 02:15:54 PM »

Yeah, that page has been messed up for months now.  I think what they did was reverse the prices between the box set bundle and the limited edition box set on that page.

In what way? The "Box bundle" is the most expensive, but it also comes with the most stuff. CDs, Vinyl, Map, Cards, screenplay, NOMAC, etc.

It's literally labeled: "Ultimate Bundle" in the image.

The "Limited" seems to be about the same minus the LPs.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:22:07 PM by Mindflux »

Offline bhull

« Reply #411 on: July 26, 2016, 02:44:07 PM »

In what way? The "Box bundle" is the most expensive, but it also comes with the most stuff. CDs, Vinyl, Map, Cards, screenplay, NOMAC, etc.

It's literally labeled: "Ultimate Bundle" in the image.

The "Limited" seems to be about the same minus the LPs.

The limited edition is the one made with the NOMAC and limited to 4000 units.  It should be the most expensive one.  Looking at the first picture you posted, on the far right, it shows the photo of the NOMAC (4000 unit) edition with a price of $124.99.  Then the second from the left shows the CD/Vinyl bundle edition with a price of $199.  Those two prices should be swapped.  Why the CD/vinyl box calls says "ultimate" edition is perplexing. You would think that word would be reserved for the absolute top end product you can buy...the 4000 unit NOMAC replica box.

The descriptions you posted should have the titles reversed and it should have added the NOMAC replica as an item to the $199 since it is one of the main draws of spending the extra cash.  The reference to "limited edition" should be eliminated from the description of the second one.

If I understand it correctly, "limited edition" should only be referring to the NOMAC replica box set, and not to the CD/Vinyl box set.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: July 26, 2016, 02:47:06 PM »
The limited edition is the one made with the NOMAC and limited to 4000 units.  It should be the most expensive one.  Looking at the first picture you posted, on the far right, it shows the photo of the NOMAC (4000 unit) edition with a price of $124.99.  Then the second from the left shows the CD/Vinyl bundle edition with a price of $199.  Those two prices should be swapped.  Why the CD/vinyl box calls says "ultimate" edition is perplexing. You would think that word would be reserved for the absolute top end product you can buy...the 4000 unit NOMAC replica box.

The descriptions you posted should have the titles reversed and it should have added the NOMAC replica as an item to the $199 since it is one of the main draws of spending the extra cash.  The reference to "limited edition" should be eliminated from the description of the second one.

If I understand it correctly, "limited edition" should only be referring to the NOMAC replica box set, and not to the CD/Vinyl box set.

Ahh but if you click into the 'big box' it shows that it comes bundled with the Vinyl set and the Limited set (via pictures) etc.

That right most photo is the "4,000 only!" thing with the NOMAC.

And this is the wording for the contents of the set:

The Astonishing Vinyl Box Set: a Custom 12”x12” hard slipcase that houses a 4LP set of 180-gram black vinyl housed in 2 gatefold jackets with inserts. A Double-sided 18”x24” map of The Great Northern Empire of the Americas. This bundle also includes a digital download of the album as a high quality FLAC files.

The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set: a custom box that houses a collectible NOMAC replica, 4.2” in diameter, 3D printed. The Astonishing Lyric book in the form of a screenplay, 20” x 30” collectible poster. A double-sided 18” x 24” map of The Great Northern Empire of the Americas, set of 20 trading cards and 2-CD set.

So it's basically the other two sets in one 'mega' set. So to me the main draw to pony up $199 is the added Vinyl set.  So instead of $125 + $99 ($224) you get it for $199.

The sauce for reading: https://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/the-astonishing-box-set-bundle.html

Highlighted the deets
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:53:34 PM by Mindflux »

Offline bhull

« Reply #413 on: July 26, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »

Ahh but if you click into the 'big box' it shows that it comes bundled with the Vinyl set and the Limited set (via pictures) etc.

That right most photo is the "4,000 only!" thing with the NOMAC.

And this is the wording for the contents of the set:

The Astonishing Vinyl Box Set: a Custom 12”x12” hard slipcase that houses a 4LP set of 180-gram black vinyl housed in 2 gatefold jackets with inserts. A Double-sided 18”x24” map of The Great Northern Empire of the Americas. This bundle also includes a digital download of the album as a high quality FLAC files.

The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set: a custom box that houses a collectible NOMAC replica, 4.2” in diameter, 3D printed. The Astonishing Lyric book in the form of a screenplay, 20” x 30” collectible poster. A double-sided 18” x 24” map of The Great Northern Empire of the Americas, set of 20 trading cards and 2-CD set.

So it's basically the other two sets in one 'mega' set. So to me the main draw to pony up $199 is the added Vinyl set.  So instead of $125 + $99 ($224) you get it for $199.

The sauce for reading: https://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/the-astonishing-box-set-bundle.html

Aha....makes sense now.

The photos made it confusing as hell.  I thought the NOMAC only came with the top end package.  But I do stand corrected.

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #414 on: July 26, 2016, 03:09:33 PM »
As far as I understand it, these are the three most expensive options:
  • Vinyl box set: just the 4 LPs plus some few extras
  • Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set: NOMAC, cards, etc., but no vinyl records
  • Box Bundle aka. Ultimate Bundle: NOMAC, cards, etc. and the 4 LPs

The last one is pretty much the combination of the first two.

I'm not really sure what the limitation of 4000 copies refers to. I assume that it's the box with the NOMAC, i.e. the sum of Ltd. Ed. + Ultimate Bundle. The Ultimate Bundle is really just the Ltd. Ed. plus they also send you the LPs, so that makes the most sense to me.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #415 on: July 26, 2016, 05:10:41 PM »
I got this response after asking for an ETA:

Unfortunately, the box set has been delayed yet again. We do not currently have an update as to when we will be able to ship this item out, but we are hopeful to begin shipping within the next week or two. You will receive an email with tracking information once this has shipped from our warehouse.

Thank you for your continued patience, and we are truly sorry for the continued delays.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #416 on: July 26, 2016, 05:35:53 PM »
I got this response after asking for an ETA:

Unfortunately, the box set has been delayed yet again. We do not currently have an update as to when we will be able to ship this item out, but we are hopeful to begin shipping within the next week or two. You will receive an email with tracking information once this has shipped from our warehouse.

Thank you for your continued patience, and we are truly sorry for the continued delays.

More bullshit from RR. Like the boy who cried wolf. So glad I cancelled this.
For those who are waiting it out.....good luck to you guys,you have much more
patience than I. Can't understand how they can get away with lying to everyone
about this for so long.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #417 on: July 26, 2016, 07:29:40 PM »
To all the people QQing about regretting preordering a disappointing album...

I'm sorry, lol.
You knew you could like it or not.

As for everyone else, keep insisting them, the pressure will eventually force them to do it.They can't tell you to go fck yourself since you paid for it and they failed to deliver it in time, they didn't even give you a proper explanation.
I'm sorry, but as much as shippings and that take time, I don't think it takes THIS much time.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #418 on: July 26, 2016, 10:24:45 PM »
I e-mailed about a full refund a couple weeks ago. First e-mail I got back was a resend of my receipt saying that it was backordered. (?) I wrote back again, asking for a refund and pointing out that it was strange that my first request was met with a reply containing my receipt. Then, they got back to me pretty fast, going on and on about the delay and then asking if I wanted a full refund to write back and ask for one. I thought that was what I had done... I wrote again saying yes, and saying I was happy to send back the CDs, signed poster and pin. They said that wasn't necessary and said I could have a full refund. Then they refunded me $36 less than what I'd paid. I wrote back again, reiterating that I would be happy to send the CDs back, etc, and attached a paypal screen cap of what I'd paid. They got back to me in one day and said they'd refunded the remaining amount and apologized. So, I did end up with a full refund and didn't have to send back anything.

What e-mail address did you use?

I sent them an e-mail on Tuesday (two in fact: 1 in direct reply to the "July 20th is the final shipping date" e-mail, and another to the basic roadrunner.com address).  No word yet.

Since they've given you a full refund, that sets a precedent that they'll do it.  Don't take no for an answer.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:30:01 PM by zappafrank2112 »

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #419 on: July 27, 2016, 07:23:31 AM »
I emailed again mentioning I saw someone in here already had their set. The guy said this:

As far as I am aware we have not begun shipping these, however it does appear that the box sets have dropped to our warehouse to begin being packaged for shipment. Hopefully we will have these shipped out very soon.