Author Topic: ToN's Top 50 Albums! #1: Just Push Play  (Read 27916 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: ToN's Top 50 Albums! This is the count-down-to-ex.. I mean, to the #1
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2015, 11:30:03 AM »
Nocturnal Conspiracy is better than anything on The Mountain, in my opinion.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »
If you just gave me some more Haken song names in your comment to work with we could've made a better arrangement.  :coolio
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »
I sympathize... with a cockroach... and a cockroach

omg  :rollin

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Re: ToN's Top 50 Albums! Cough, that one Beatles song, and Sputter.
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2015, 07:13:26 AM »
Like mentioned earlier, from here on it's 2 updates a day for the next 5 days, and 1 a day from there on. We're still on track to complete this in 1 month!

#20: Protest the Hero – Volition (2013)

This has got to be my best discovery of the year, by a country mile. PtH are known as the circle jerk of the whole progressive metal genre, people will not stop talking about them, and here I am, talking about them. Volition was their latest album, released just over 2 years ago, when I heard this album I immediately fell in love during the first song, something that has never happened to me with music this immediate. Rody “Choady” Walker has a very distinct voice, which seems like a huge hit or miss to me, and of course it was hit for me. The vocals in Clarity had more energy than anything else I ever heard before, and this was just the first song, not even being the best. The moment you start paying more attention to all the shit that happens in the background musically though, you’ll realize how crazy these guys are, these are some of the most wild instrumentals I’ve heard in any song, and they damn well make it work. Volition along with Scurrilous, when compared to the other 2 studio albums by Protest, are without a doubt the softer albums of the bunch. The instruments feel a little more uplifting, but more importantly, Rody barely growls anymore on these albums, apart from a few moments. So anyway, if you’re interested in some super energetic instruments with over-the-top instrumentals, very few yet very well-placed growls, some relaxing female vocals here and there, check out this album! I honestly couldn’t give any real guidelines of what band they sound like because I don’t know a band that sounds like them at all.

Favorite song:
Drumhead Trial: Standing before the heavens, screaming.. BRING ON THE STORM, BRING ON THE STORM!

Other recommendations:
Skies: This is the all-around Volition song, it has the softer parts, it has the incredibly technical instrumentations, my favorite instrumental breakdown of the album, and a catchy chorus.

Plato’s Tripartite: It’s a pretty simple song compared to the others really, but the instruments here allow Rody on vocals to shine more than on any song, what a performance he pulls off here!

Clarity: This will remain one of my favorites, it introduces you to new parts of the song like every half minute, super diverse, energetic song.

#19: Alter Bridge – Blackbird (2007)

Okay, I promise I will almost shut my mouth about Alter Bridge and any Kennedy/Tremonti related projects, almost.. but allow me to talk about Blackbird, the second studio album of Alter Bridge, after the amazing One Day Remains they manage to put out an even better album, that not only shows a better metal-oriented performance, it manages to stick to the style of ODR as much as possible while doing so. I gotta be honest though, I still think ODR is the more consistent album (by a hair), but the title-track on this one is just Myles better than anything on that album. It’s clear after hearing the first few songs that this album has a more uplifting approach, with songs like Brand New Start and Come To Life. I mentioned earlier how One Day Remains had that ominous vibe throughout the album, this one replaces those really dark and mourning-themed ballads with uplifting power-ballads like Rise Today and Before Tomorrow Comes. To balance it all out, in the exact middle of the album, Blackbird (title-track) begins, and it’s the very best creation of Alter Bridge to this day and possible the best I will ever hear from them. More of that coming up in the song write-up. I wouldn’t say this album has the best individual performance of the band members out of the 4 studio albums, but I can safely say the song-writing on Blackbird was the best.

Favorite song:
Whaddya think?: From the haunting guitar intro into the vocals mourning over a dead friend, straight into an aggressive medley of instruments that introduces the most powerful Myles vocals on any chorus ever. Not to speak of the guitar solo. I usually don’t like praising a song as extremely as I do with Blackbird, but it just deserves it.

Other recommendations:
Come To Life: Great riff, strong chorus, whatever you get the gist.

Rise Today: Beautiful power-ballad, yet has a very distinctive sound that hadn't been explored on either of the albums.

White Knuckles: This is like a better version of Ties That Bind, very aggressive, heavy riffing, and of course a top-notch vocal performance.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2015, 10:07:55 AM »
Skies is easily my favorite PtH song, though Drumhead Trial is probably #2 on the album, it's great

and i'll check out Alter Bridge one day some day

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2015, 10:14:31 AM »
I really like Blackbird, though I feel that when it comes  to AB, Fortress wins everything.
White Knuckles tho  :metal
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2015, 10:24:21 AM »
Yay so I finally got my recommended songs right

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2015, 01:40:10 PM »
Hell yeah Blackbird  :metal

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2015, 02:51:19 PM »
Listened to your top recommendations and nothing really clicked for me. Sounds kinda generic.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2015, 04:46:01 PM »
That A7X album is really strong stuff there.  Digged Afterlife, Gunslinger, Lost, Dear God, and of course, A Little Piece of Heaven.

As for Blackbird, this is when it all finally comes together for Alter Bridge, after being compared to Creed for no other valid reason other than having 3/4ths of the band members, after buying out of their former record label contract (that costed them millions that they are still paying for today). Blackbird was a strong statement album to make to show that they can stand on their own individual brand.  If only it sold really well, but that was released during the time where albums were not starting to sell like hotcakes anymore.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:54:46 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2015, 07:50:40 PM »
That A7X album is really strong stuff there.  Digged Afterlife, Gunslinger, Lost, Dear God, and of course, A Little Piece of Heaven.

As for Blackbird, this is when it all finally comes together for Alter Bridge, after being compared to Creed for no other valid reason other than having 3/4ths of the band members, after buying out of their former record label contract (that costed them millions that they are still paying for today). Blackbird was a strong statement album to make to show that they can stand on their own individual brand.  If only it sold really well, but that was released during the time where albums were not starting to sell like hotcakes anymore.

Couldn't have said it better, this was a very important step in their career.

Glad you liked A7X  :metal

Offline mikemangioy

« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2015, 11:27:01 PM »
Oh God i have somehow missed the last update  :lol
A7X is good, bit I'd never pur it this high.
And I'd never pur The Mountain this low.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Re: ToN's Top 50 Albums! Dear Ms. Leading, could you spare some Loose Change?
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2015, 08:59:34 AM »
#18: The Dear Hunter – Act II: The Meaning Of, And All Things Regarding Ms. Leading (2007)

Genre: Progressive Rock

I have far from experienced all of The Dear Hunter’s discography to make a well-formed statement about album rankings or whatever, but what I am sure of is that this second album in their act series was by far my favorite. Act 1 started out the series in a great fashion, Act 4 was my favorite album of 2015, and honestly I’m very new to this band, so I would be able to justify putting Act 4 on this spot just as much as I do now with this album. What makes Act 2 superior to everything else is I never feel the songs drop in quality, while some of their albums are consistent but don’t have any real standouts; others are amazing for the first half and seem to kinda drag on too much near the end, this one though, is perfect. The Dear Hunter do not have 1 vocalist, not 2, no, they have 5. Having various multi-instrumentalists, TDH can adapt to a lot of different styles while staying very much them, nothing sounds copied. Of course there is a lead vocalist, but the others join in at various points in the songs more so to create an atmosphere with backing vocals than really singing. The Lake and the River would be the best example to showcase that. Of course, this wouldn’t be a top-notch progressive album without crazy pace-changes within one song, recurring themes, kickass keyboards and a ton of upbeat drums.

Favorite song:
The Lake and the River: The chorus just blows me away every time, the vocal lines are strong, and the backing vocals make it even more enjoyable. That aside, it has a lot of cool instrumentals and a fun ending.

Other recommendations:
The Oracles on the Delphi Express: This is such a FUN song! As a professional shower singer I can approve of this.

Smiling Swine: Very uplifting song that’s perfectly placed in this album, proves once again how well-structured the whole thing is.

Dear Ms. Leading: Groovy as ever, gives the listener a final blast before slowing down and wrapping up.

#17: Royal Blood – Royal Blood (2014)

Genre: Rock

I definitely did not think Royal Blood would end up as my #17, even though I’ve known it since release, that’s just a little over a year. Think of this though, you’re listening to some great old-school sounding garage rock, you like what you’re hearing and go to check out their band members, ends up they’re only two guys! I have so much respect for these guys, Ben (drummer) makes everything look like it’s the easiest thing ever, on top of playing some technical stuff, he hits the drums so hard that it forms that energetic/heavy garage-rock sound even better. Mike, using some pedals to make his bass sound a little bit more like an electric guitar, is an amazing multi-instrumentalist. Not only does he do lead vocals exceptionally well for this type of music, he also plays some crazy stuff on the bass. So yea, with only two band members, that means they do not have a lead guitar, but Mike Kerr kind of fills up that hole with the bass.
It should not go without mention that this impressive piece of rock is Royal Blood’s debut album, I think they’re planning on releasing a new album next year, but for a first effort this is crazy work. It may not sound like a very cohesive album, because it isn’t, it’s just two guys jamming together and creating a bunch of separate songs, though that’s exactly what I like about it. If you’re Muse/Queens of the Stone Age etc. you might just like these dudes. I’ve already liked what they put out so far, and I’m very very excited to see what they will put out in the future.

Favorite song:
Loose Change: The riff on this is great, this song I’d almost say has some blues-rock going on. It’s the bass-heaviest song on the album, and has an amazing change of pace near the end of the song, kind of like a breakdown, that’s not only the best moment on the song, but on the entire album.

Other recommendations:
Come On Over: I don’t know why, but Out of the Black (the opening song) always gets me in a very slow mood, then this song comes up and it’s 100% ENERGIA, verses building up tension for the excellent chorus: SO COME ON OVAAAAH, YEAH!

Figure It Out: This has become their trademark song that they play at all the MTV shows, EMA awards and radio shows w/e you get it. I really think this is the best song for casual rock fans to get into Royal Blood, it keeps you interested with the ‘normal’ part of the song, and then BAM! ending it with some crazy guitar work in the last minute.

Ten Tonne Skeleton: That main riff annoyed me to bits when I first heard it, but it got better in time, and this is my favorite vocal performance by Mike on the album, and it has a crushing chorus.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2015, 10:49:53 AM »
Loose Change was definitely the best song on the album, which is probably why the album as a whole didn't do a lot for me, unfortunately  :lol
only listened to it once though so ehh

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2015, 11:43:46 AM »
So I guess I did a pretty shitty job sending Figure It Out to the biscuit, I figured that out very soon aswell. 

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Re: ToN's Top 50 Albums! He who makes a clown out of himself...
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2015, 09:39:20 AM »
#16: Avenged Sevenfold – City Of Evil (2005)

Genre: Hardrock/Heavy Metal

There we go again with Avenged Sevenfold, but yea, not only was this one of my favorite childhood bands, their music throughout their whole career has been so consistently good that I never got bored by their material, even though it’s just four albums (I don’t really listen to the first and the last that much). City of Evil, by the vast majority of hardcore Avenged Sevenfold, is considered the very best. I personally found out about this band through Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Blinded In Chains was one of the soundtracks, and is still one of my favorites from the album. What Blackbird did for Alter Bridge, this album did for A7X, Waking the Fallen was an outcast among popular metal bands, City of Evil fixed those ‘problems‘ and distributed their sound to a broader range of fans. With a mix of Hardrock, Heavy Metal, this was a big stp away from the Metalcore sound from WtF, and you bet it was a good one. Not to say the Metalcore direction was bad, but this direction allowed for a better showcase of M. Shadows‘ range, showing The Rev could do very creative things on the drums, and not just play fast, and on top of all of that, Gates doing what he does best: Creating guitar solos that oddly remind me of childhood lullabies. There was a pretty serious consideration of putting this in the top 10, but that would just not be able to be justified seeing the upcoming albums. City of Evil is one of my all-time favorites, and probably will always be remembered, but that goes for everything from this point on.

Favorite song:
M.I.A.: Every song on the album was great at worst, but this album closer simply blew me away from the first listen, the intro is some of the best Avenged Sevenfold stuff ever, the solo is awesome, Shadows has that really high-pitched husky voice in the end that I really love for some reason. Well, I can point out a whole lot but let’s just keep it at ‘best song off the album, ‘nuff said‘.

Blinded In Chains: Like I said, first song I heard of this band, and the chorus was just the most amazing thing I had heard up until then, had to check out more of them after hearing this.

Bat Country: Amazing single full of energy, mixed with some mellow parts after the chorus to balance it out, best introductory track to A7X in my experience.

Sidewinder: Is a pretty catchy song overall, but the real reason that this song is so loved by everyone is this acoustic guitar outro, that is, if you ask me, what the definition of legendary is, and everyone should have at least heard it.

#15: Slipknot – Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses (2004)

Genre: Nu-Metal

After hearing nothing of Slipknot from the very beginning up until now, this band makes its first and only appearance in the top 50 albums. Having only 1 album (not counting MFKR) by the time I found out about them, and 3 albums by the time this band was an obsession of mine, Subliminal Verses for sure caused that obsession. Everyone knows Slipknot for their very odd pure anger + chaos twist to the nu-metal genre, probably the best song to indicate my thoughts is Spit It Out from the self-titled album (warning, very childish lyrics). Although the previous albums had some great songs when taken separately, but I feel this one was the first where the guys seriously sat down to create a great album, instead of just some songs. I still think the amount of band members they have is ridiculously unnecessary, but given the fact that it was probably a group of friends that wanted everyone to be in, maybe it improved their songwriting. Of course, the 2 percussionists on top of a drummer sound a little redundant, but they do make it worthwhile, with some strong percussion moments. Corey Taylor may or may not appeal you as a singer, on Stone Sour his voice is way more presentable though, because with Slipknot I feel he had to adapt to the chaotic music style and put more anger to his delivery, whereas Stone Sour has some brighter songs with beautiful vocal melodies. He still has some beautiful vocal performances on this album though, some of the songs express real deep feelings about loneliness and stuff, mainly voiced by Corey. At the end of the day, this album is some really deep shit, but I used to love it solely for the music, and I still love it to bits.

Favorite song:
Vermillion: No doubt about it. This song is painfully dark, but in an epic fashion, the section starting with “I am a slave and I am a master” is mind-blowing.

Other recommendations:
The Nameless: Another one in the series of energetic Slipknot songs, with fun vocal switch-aroo’s between Chris and Corey.

Duality: The anthem that every Slipknot fan could dream by now, awesome riff too, going all post-hardcore breakdown in the end.

Before I Forget / Danger/Keep Away: I’ve kept my limits to 1 favorite and 3 other recommendations so far, but since they’re all so close I could not justify keeping either of these out of the recommendations, and I’m still leaving some out that I prefer not to. Before I Forget has a very cool opening riff and catchy vocals. Danger/Keep Away is an amazing closing song that I’d expect to be on some crazy concept album with that atmosphere, the album starts with a very dark vibe, and ends it just like that.

Offline jakepriest

Re: ToN's Top 50 Albums! He who makes a clown out of himself...
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2015, 10:08:16 AM »
City of Evil is alright, not my favourite A7X album by any means.

Vol. 3 is my second favourite Slipknot album.  :tup But I prefer Vermilion Pt. 2 and consider that the top track of the album.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: Train of Naught's Top 50 Albums! Spiritual Chemistry
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2015, 04:26:34 PM »

Why is methylene blue on the cover?  The organic chemist in me really wants to know.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2015, 08:04:29 PM »
Listened to your top recommendations and nothing really clicked for me. Sounds kinda generic.
Alter Bridge might not be the most original band out there, but their songs are crafted with excellence. And that makes them special.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Re: Train of Naught's Top 50 Albums! Spiritual Chemistry
« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2015, 01:28:58 AM »

Why is methylene blue on the cover?  The organic chemist in me really wants to know.
Methylene Blue is the closing track, I don't know why they made it the cover though, haven't been checking out the background story of the album.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Re: ToN's Top 50 Albums! The Turbulence Theory
« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2015, 09:11:59 AM »
#14: Linkin Park – Hybrid Theory (2000)

Genre: Nu-Metal

My second and last mention of popular nu-metal act Linkin Park, this time around with their debut album! I’m already just going to go ahead and reveal that this is the highest debut album on this list. Hybrid Theory is easily my most played album from middle school years, I think my cousin sort of introduced me to them. I was in his room once and I saw a poster of the Reanimation robot and thought it looked cool, so then we listened to some Hybrid Theory tunes and I found out my dad already had a Hybrid Theory CD at home, so I was musically satisfied for years. At the time I loved the more popular tracks on that album, think of Crawl-ing, In the End, One Step Closer. More recently I’ve been loving the less known songs, they give this album the heavy nu-metal sound, which then got balanced out by these singles where Chester keeps his calm and refrains from screaming (not including One Step Closer here). Like mentioned in my Meteora write-up, this band has that unique twist to separate them from the standard nu-metal scene. I guess I have a weak spot for Mike’s vocals, because I could never keep myself from singing along, even when I was like 8 years old I would just try to mimic the melodies in gibberish as I knew barely any of the words he sang :lol. Like the Royal Blood record, I don’t feel like this is an amazingly well flowing album (though I’ve heard the album a million times and can basically dream every single transition), it’s more about a few fairly young fellows rocking it out in some studio, making some great songs without any real guidelines or limits.

Favorite song:
Papercut: Opening this by now legendary album in an extremely powerful fashion, Papercut is a very clear Linkin Park song, rapping in the verses, strong vocal lines in the chorus, and that damned catchy Mr. Hahn intro. Did I mention the best bridge ever? (“The sun goes down…” etc.)

Other recommendations:
A Place for My Head: Pretty much with a similar style to that of Papercut, this one also has a badass break-down and very simple-yet-cool guitar riffing though. Could probably tie this with Papercut as my favorite off the album.

By Myself: A very heavy tune, even for LP standards, has very cool switch-offs between Chester and Mike in the chorus.

Points of Authority: A little more Chester-heavy vocally, but Mike has some rapping parts in this aswell, which makes it a super diverse song, and that in only a bit over 3 minutes.

#13: Dream Theater – Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence (2002)

Genre: Progressive Metal

And we’re back with Dream Theater, already being their 3rd mention in my top 50, we have the 2002 creation Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Consisting of two discs, one being a 42-minute song that goes a lot of places, this was DT’s answer to the audience that wanted something they could honestly call worthy of following up Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory. With crushingly heavy moments in almost every song flowing into some great melodic moments, this disc is an unstoppable force. Out of their heavier albums, Dream Theater have managed to balance it out by far the best on Six Degrees. It’s often called ‘the experimental DT album’, well yea, they tried out a lot of different stuff on here. We’ve seen the 14-minute balls-to-the-wall metal song, and another near 14-minute metal song that was one or two steps down in terms of heaviness, a song that separates the verse and chorus by going super-heavy in the chorus, and of course the very depressing/melancholic song at the end of the first disc. The 2nd disc took an awfully long time to grow on me, and when it did, man did it hit me hard. Similar to the first disc, it has a great balance between heavy and soft, also mixing in some classical influences. Is this the most flawless album? No. Are any of the upcoming albums objectively better? Certainly not. But Dream Theater, you came hella close, this albums is near-perfection from start to finish, with every band member at their technical peak.

Favorite song:
The Glass Prison: Gotta be this monster of a song, I got hooked by that epic intro, which marks a great beginning for the 12SS. The way this whole song is crafted though is just phenomenal, when you’re new to this song it may seem like tons of random bits stitched together, but the flow of this song is amazingly good given the random elements used.

Other recommendations:
The Great Debate: I guess I’m just a sucker for the heavy DT songs, TGD is no exception, great listen :tup

Misunderstood: I love how this song builds up from this slow melancholic piece into this gloomy and at the same time powerful song. Could’ve done without about 1 minute off the outro but I still like it a lot.

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence: Crafting a 42 minute epic seems hard enough on its own, but when there’s so many recurring riffs and themes and the song doesn’t even sound one-sided in the slightest, I think you have a hit.

Offline mikemangioy

« Reply #197 on: December 20, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »
Six Degrees is  :metal

I especially adore the first disc. Such a great succession of songs.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2015, 09:27:39 AM »
6DOIT: good but it would be one of their best albums if they'd not had the title track

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2015, 09:29:51 AM »
6DOIT: good but it would be one of their best albums if they'd not had the title track

Agreed.

You also didn't mention my two favourite tracks from SDOIT: Blind Faith and Disappear. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #200 on: December 20, 2015, 09:35:14 AM »

Agreed.

You also didn't mention my two favourite tracks from SDOIT: Blind Faith and Disappear. :lol
Dangit, 4 outta 6 and I missed your faves, what are the odds.

I still love Blind Faith a whole lot, Disappear, while being great, is a step down from the others for me.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #201 on: December 20, 2015, 09:36:02 AM »
disappear: the best song on the album actually

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #202 on: December 20, 2015, 09:38:02 AM »

Agreed.

I still love Blind Faith a whole lot, Disappear, while being great, is a step down from the others for me.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #203 on: December 20, 2015, 09:54:24 AM »

Agreed.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2015, 11:19:15 AM »
No, The Great Debate is the best track on SDOIT, but I'm one of the few who actually thinks this.

Also Hybrid Theory brings back memories of my teenage years, though that album would never make a top XX list nowadays.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2015, 12:37:12 PM »
For what it's worth it's a close #2 for me :P

And it was actually until a few years from now that I revisited Hybrid Theory and realized how much I still ike it.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2015, 01:15:42 PM »
Six Degrees is awesome, both discs equally, so screw you guys :P

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2015, 01:16:19 PM »
The last minute or so of Misunderstood is still one of the best and most memorable moments on the album. That track and Blind Faith are probably my two favorites on it in general.

I mainly listened to Linkin Park back in middle school, but going back, Hybrid Theory and Meteora are still very solid albums. Their newer stuff doesn't do a whole lot for me, however.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
Nice DT album. :tup
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline 425

« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2015, 05:54:03 PM »

SDOIT: decent but it would be not their worst album if it was just the title track. :P

Title track is very good. Blind Faith is good. The Glass Prison and Disappear are solid. Misunderstood is good until it has the worst two minutes in Dream Theater history, including Your Majesty. The Great Debate is shockingly mediocre.

Good album. Not a good DT album.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time