Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 319106 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #6860 on: April 08, 2016, 03:09:54 PM »
Yup.  It amazes me that how people just can't get or want to get their lives together.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #6861 on: April 08, 2016, 03:18:08 PM »
Apparently people have other priorities.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6862 on: April 08, 2016, 03:26:08 PM »
Yup. Just get by in life.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6863 on: April 08, 2016, 03:28:53 PM »
They also don't give a shit how their actions effect others.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6864 on: April 08, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
So my gf and I just saw the house that we were under contract for today. What a disappointment, the home was beautiful on the outside but really terrible on the inside. All the cabinets (which are gorgeous) have holes drilled in them for baby proofing, most cabinets have multiple holes because they missed the first time securing the locks. The carpet looks 10 years old and is torn and beat up and it's only a year old. The banister is ruined and the house is just trashed. It's only a year old but looks weather and runndown. We aren't going to buy it and look for another home which sucks because we are out of $500 but he amount to bring this house up to shape is going to be too much.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #6865 on: April 08, 2016, 09:25:39 PM »
Sorry to hear that, bro.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6866 on: April 08, 2016, 10:11:08 PM »
Just popular music alone, the 90s had better songs.  As far as obscure bands, the 90s was when prog and power metal really made a breakthrough.

Wow dude, there would be no scenario where I'm taking the 90's over the 80's. It's cool though.

Ditto. The '90s was great for TV though!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:23:09 PM by BlobVanDam »
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Calvin6s

« Reply #6867 on: April 09, 2016, 01:28:47 AM »
We aren't going to buy it and look for another home which sucks because we are out of $500 but he amount to bring this house up to shape is going to be too much.

You mentioned a contract, so that $500 might be lost due to whatever legal obligation you entered.  But sometimes you can get that money back with some heartfelt conversation.  I was able to get back a deposit on two separate occasions (separated by about 7 years) by simply letting them know something changed that caused an unplanned hardship (medical emergency in the family).  In a sense, don't put the blame on the other party (because if it is legal, they are refunding solely on their own discretion).  Perhaps mention all the positives about the house, talk about how you love the beauty of the house and are actually looking forward to making it your own but it would be a financial hardship for you personally to do so.  It is an honest answer, doesn't put any blame on them and stresses that you actually want to make it work but just know your income level would make it difficult to properly give the house the attention it deserves.

Now you may have already gone through all of this, but if not, it doesn't hurt to try.  If the person on the other end is immovable, then you really haven't lost anything and you can still part on good terms.  Maybe even give them a parting "I really envy the person that gets this house."

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #6868 on: April 09, 2016, 05:58:39 AM »
So my gf and I just saw the house that we were under contract for today. What a disappointment, the home was beautiful on the outside but really terrible on the inside. All the cabinets (which are gorgeous) have holes drilled in them for baby proofing, most cabinets have multiple holes because they missed the first time securing the locks. The carpet looks 10 years old and is torn and beat up and it's only a year old. The banister is ruined and the house is just trashed. It's only a year old but looks weather and runndown. We aren't going to buy it and look for another home which sucks because we are out of $500 but he amount to bring this house up to shape is going to be too much.

Did you say you were looking in the Charlotte area? I know a good realtor there, mostly the Indian Hills, Monroe area.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6869 on: April 09, 2016, 08:45:36 AM »
We aren't going to buy it and look for another home which sucks because we are out of $500 but he amount to bring this house up to shape is going to be too much.

You mentioned a contract, so that $500 might be lost due to whatever legal obligation you entered.  But sometimes you can get that money back with some heartfelt conversation.  I was able to get back a deposit on two separate occasions (separated by about 7 years) by simply letting them know something changed that caused an unplanned hardship (medical emergency in the family).  In a sense, don't put the blame on the other party (because if it is legal, they are refunding solely on their own discretion).  Perhaps mention all the positives about the house, talk about how you love the beauty of the house and are actually looking forward to making it your own but it would be a financial hardship for you personally to do so.  It is an honest answer, doesn't put any blame on them and stresses that you actually want to make it work but just know your income level would make it difficult to properly give the house the attention it deserves.

Now you may have already gone through all of this, but if not, it doesn't hurt to try.  If the person on the other end is immovable, then you really haven't lost anything and you can still part on good terms.  Maybe even give them a parting "I really envy the person that gets this house."

Thanks for the tip. The $500 is our due diligence fee. Really from the outside the house was gorgeous and the pictures were gorgeous. We live in Florida so we couldn't see it so we had to make an offer on pictures alone. We flew up this weekend and like I said, these guys trashed the house. We looked at a bunch of homes before even put on offer in on one house a few months ago at list price. The sellers came back and wanted more than list (never heard of that happening). We have a few meetings lined up to see some other new construction homes today.

Did you say you were looking in the Charlotte area? I know a good realtor there, mostly the Indian Hills, Monroe area.

Thanks! My gf already has a realtor whom she used to work with though.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6870 on: April 09, 2016, 08:50:17 AM »
Morning

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #6871 on: April 09, 2016, 06:45:33 PM »
So I practiced with these dudes again today. I ended up singing a few songs. Here I Go Again, Number of the Beast, Rainbow in the Dark, Mr. Crowley, Wasted Years. Very very cool.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #6872 on: April 09, 2016, 07:33:04 PM »
So, I'm applying for jobs again; not because my district is screwing me over, but I can't do this crazy year again. I'm at 4 different schools every 4 days and my schedule is different every day; 2 schools start earlier than the other 2, which means I'm done at 2 different times... it takes me over an hour to get there and usually over an hour and 15 minutes to get home, if not longer due to rush hour traffic. Not to mention I usually have to take the tollway to and from work, adding to even more expenses... with everything taken out, especially insurance, which the premium went up in January, I'm making way less than I have in a long time, and it's causing immense financial pressure. I'm so behind on so many bills it's not even funny.

I hate adulting.

I had 2 interviews this past week which was my spring break, so hopefully that's a good sign. We will just have to wait and see.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6873 on: April 09, 2016, 09:00:12 PM »
So I practiced with these dudes again today. I ended up singing a few songs. Here I Go Again, Number of the Beast, Rainbow in the Dark, Mr. Crowley, Wasted Years. Very very cool.

That's awesome. :metal All excellent songs right there. Wish I could have heard it.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6874 on: April 09, 2016, 09:09:48 PM »

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6875 on: April 10, 2016, 05:05:35 AM »
Good morning, whores.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6876 on: April 10, 2016, 05:24:14 AM »
Whore reporting for duty.  Well, for coffee drinking.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6877 on: April 10, 2016, 08:12:43 AM »
What's up, guys?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6878 on: April 10, 2016, 09:22:59 AM »
Packing for the conference I'm going to tomorrow.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6879 on: April 10, 2016, 10:29:39 AM »
Sofa king tired

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JohnFar

« Reply #6880 on: April 10, 2016, 11:26:05 AM »
*deleted by hefdaddy42*
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:18:48 AM by hefdaddy42 »

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6881 on: April 10, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
wut

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #6882 on: April 10, 2016, 06:27:30 PM »
lolwut

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6883 on: April 10, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »
Evening, kids

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #6884 on: April 11, 2016, 03:15:14 AM »
Sup

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6885 on: April 11, 2016, 03:24:35 AM »
Yo.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6886 on: April 11, 2016, 04:08:09 AM »
Morning. Flying to Columbus OH today.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6887 on: April 11, 2016, 04:25:02 AM »
YO

I've got mostly short shifts this week.  :metal Looking forward. I need some rest.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6888 on: April 11, 2016, 05:35:52 AM »
Morning

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6889 on: April 11, 2016, 05:38:15 AM »
What's shaking bitches?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6890 on: April 11, 2016, 05:40:49 AM »
I woke up my regular time yesterday and was about twenty minutes into getting ready for work when I realized it was Sunday.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6891 on: April 11, 2016, 06:22:01 AM »
I woke up my regular time yesterday and was about twenty minutes into getting ready for work when I realized it was Sunday.

Shite!  Gotta say, I can't recall that ever happening to me.  The reverse often happens - when I wake up during the week, and have to think hard whether it's a work day or not.  Usually starts with me trying to remember what I watched on TV the night before.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6892 on: April 11, 2016, 06:26:34 AM »
 :lol   I was trying to associate the day with something but my mind was a clusterfuck so I just started getting ready until I remembered that my daughter was over Saturday and not Sunday.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6893 on: April 11, 2016, 06:29:03 AM »
I've done that a few times John.

Im excited to be picked out of the whole company to be on this onboarding think tank.  Sipping coffee waiting for my dad to take me to the airport.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6894 on: April 11, 2016, 06:44:48 AM »
Pretty much left the house in a rage today because I couldn't find my tax return check from the state that I received over the weekend. I was planning on depositing it into my bank account and paying off my Amex card.

Victoria just sent me a picture of the check covered in buffalo chicken marinade. It was at the very bottom of our kitchen garbage can. I'm not quite sure what to do with the check now. Everything is still readable on it, and it's completely in tact, it's just covered in salmonella.