News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese

Started by ariich, November 23, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prog Snob

I'll find one to put up if things go well.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: Sir GuitarCozmo on April 07, 2016, 11:46:52 AM
Hef, the article you liked from the Charlotte Observer - I'm pleased to see that our state is looking to do the right thing.  However, the FB comments are full of vile, disgusting, uneducated, and fearful people.
Yes.  Welcome to FB.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Kotowboy

I'm gonna start a Christian hard Rock band called Nuns n' Moses.

:metal :angel:

Sir GuitarCozmo

Given that it's the series finale, I gotta say, this is the single best episode of American Idol ever.

jingle.boy

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on April 07, 2016, 01:07:25 PM
Quote from: Sir GuitarCozmo on April 07, 2016, 11:46:52 AM
Hef, the article you liked from the Charlotte Observer - I'm pleased to see that our state is looking to do the right thing.  However, the FB comments are full of vile, disgusting, uneducated, and fearful people.
Yes.  Welcome to FB teh internetz.

fix'd
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Kotowboy on April 07, 2016, 02:19:50 PM
I'm gonna start a Christian hard Rock band called Nuns n' Moses.

:metal :angel:

I loved your first single, Welcome to the Chapel. :metal :metal

Kotowboy

Welcome to the chapel - We got nuns and pray.

:metal

BlobVanDam

We've got all the hope you want
God will light the way

:metal

Prog Snob

And the lead nun will take forever to get on stage because she's too busy chastising herself.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

ReaperKK

Morning folks!

Off to Charlotte today to take a look at the house that we have under contract.

Prog Snob

Morning, guys. The date went very well last night. I haven't said that in quite a long time.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 08, 2016, 04:46:00 AM
DORK BREAK!!

Morning folks.

Is that a break with the dorks, or a break from the dorks? Because if it's the latter you're after, you're shit out of luck. :blob:

ReaperKK

That's awesome Prog. Have you guys made any plans to meet in the future yet?

Prog Snob

Yes, we're discussing that right now. We want to see The Hunstman when it comes out, so we're trying to figure out a day that works for us both. We also would like to get together before that since that doesn't come out for another couple of weeks.

ReaperKK

That's great, keep us posted on how it goes.

King Postwhore

Quote from: BlobVanDam on April 08, 2016, 05:05:20 AM
DORK BREAK!!

Morning folks.

Is that a break with the dorks, or a break from the dorks? Because if it's the latter you're after, you're shit out of luck. :blob:
.This is so Monty Python.

John, that's awes5.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 08, 2016, 05:35:47 AM
Quote from: BlobVanDam on April 08, 2016, 05:05:20 AM
DORK BREAK!!

Morning folks.

.This is so Monty Python.

How offensive!

Sir GuitarCozmo

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 08, 2016, 05:35:47 AMJohn, that's awes5.

Awes5.

I think this could be the start of a new board meme right here.  It's ripe for ball busting and misuse.

Prog Snob

Quote from: ReaperKK on April 08, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
That's great, keep us posted on how it goes.

I definitely will.

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 08, 2016, 05:35:47 AM
John, that's awes5.

I know, right. I can't wait until it gets to level awes6.

Quote from: Sir GuitarCozmo on April 08, 2016, 05:43:37 AM
Quote from: kingshmegland on April 08, 2016, 05:35:47 AMJohn, that's awes5.

Awe5.

I think this could be the start of a new board meme right here.  It's ripe for ball busting and misuse.

:lol

Hyperplex

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Hyperplex

King Postwhore

Oops!
Hey John.  Go fuc5 yourself.  :lol

Hyperplex

Okay so I just have to share this little tidbit of a story from yesterday:

Had a meeting late in the afternoon with my boss to go over some email marketing designs for an upcoming summit we host. As we are going through these meetings, there is a lot of collaboration between the two of us, with ideas, suggestions, and opinions being thrown around. She often leans over my shoulder and points at things on my screen and asks my opinion, etc.

So as we are sitting there working on an email, we are analyzing and pondering the messages we are using, assessing how effective they would be in enticing our target audience to sign up and register for the summit. As we are pondering, she says, out loud, her face right to next to mine as we both were looking at my monitor:

"These emails are looking good, but...will any of them make me come?"

I don't think I've had a more difficult time NOT reacting to something in my life. I stifled a smirk, a chuckle, I even avoided looking at her out of the corner of my eye. I know exactly what she meant: will any of the messages get our targets to come to the summit. She was, however, completely unaware of any double entendre or innuendo. I kept waiting for her to nudge me or say something like, "Did ya hear what I said? Ooops!" but nope...completely clueless.

I went home and told my wife and we laughed for a good 10 minutes about it. It's easily the most flagrant unintended double entendre I have ever witnessed.

Prog Snob

:lol

Are you sure her comment was innocent?

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 08, 2016, 07:22:08 AM
Oops!
Hey John.  Go fuc5 yourself.  :lol

I would love to.

Hyperplex

Very sure. She is not that kind of person and there was absolutely no suggestion or anything in her voice. She was thinking out loud, and that is the line she chose to say, instead of, for example, "would any of these make me want to register?"

hefdaddy42

Nice.  :lol

BTW, I just discovered Kev's 1980s polls in the P/S subforum.  If you remember the 80s, go vote.  Pretty cool stuff.  Some of those choices are friggin' hard.

Prog Snob

Really? I'm having trouble finding good songs. :lol Even though I grew up in the 80s, I find it to be the worst decade for music.

King Postwhore

John you devil. I like the old pop songs.   Not all but it's fun.

King Postwhore

Quote from: Hyperplex on April 08, 2016, 07:54:53 AM
Very sure. She is not that kind of person and there was absolutely no suggestion or anything in her voice. She was thinking out loud, and that is the line she chose to say, instead of, for example, "would any of these make me want to register?"

Did it register with her what she said?

Prog Snob

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 08, 2016, 08:12:53 AM
John you devil. I like the old pop songs.   Not all but it's fun.

That's pretty much how I feel. Some are fun, but overall I look past the 80s.

Hyperplex

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 08, 2016, 08:13:39 AM

Quote from: Hyperplex on April 08, 2016, 07:44:41 AM
She was, however, completely unaware of any double entendre or innuendo. I kept waiting for her to nudge me or say something like, "Did ya hear what I said? Ooops!" but nope...completely clueless.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: Hyperplex on April 08, 2016, 08:28:41 AM
Quote from: kingshmegland on April 08, 2016, 08:13:39 AM

Quote from: Hyperplex on April 08, 2016, 07:44:41 AM
She was, however, completely unaware of any double entendre or innuendo. I kept waiting for her to nudge me or say something like, "Did ya hear what I said? Ooops!" but nope...completely clueless.
king now doesn't just have trouble typing, but also trouble reading.

Sir GuitarCozmo

Quote from: Prog Snob on April 08, 2016, 08:07:32 AMReally? I'm having trouble finding good songs. :lol Even though I grew up in the 80s, I find it to be the worst decade for music.

Dude, the 80's was awes5 for music, I have no clue what you're talking about.  Now I will agree, of the choices in those polls, they are mostly as far from my 80's tastes as it gets, but I found some standouts.