News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Still "a thing" since 2007.

Main Menu

DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese

Started by ariich, November 23, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prog Snob

Morning. It's Thursday. I'm meeting that woman later on.

ReaperKK

That's awesome! What are you guys doing?

Prog Snob

We're going to a bar/restaurant, Miller's Ale House. They have a nice selection of craft beers plus their food has always been good.

ReaperKK

Nice. Is that part of the Ale House chain? We have ale houses all over florida with *name* ale house.

Prog Snob

It probably is. I know there's one in New Jersey, also. I suppose I could Google it but I'm lazy right now.  :lol

ReaperKK

I haven't been to one in a while but I remember they had some delicious cheese fries.

Prog Snob

I usually get the spiciest wing flavor they have, raw oysters, and raw clams. If I get french fries, I need blue cheese to dip them in.

hefdaddy42

I didn't know that raw clams was a thing.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

ReaperKK

Maybe he is talking about a different type of clam?

Prog Snob

Hyperplex

Raw bars very often serve raw clams next to the raw oysters. Personally, I'm not a fan of raw clams; I prefer them steamed and served with drawn butter. Raw oysters, however, are absolutely delicious. A little cocktail sauce and a dash of Tabasco and I could down 2 dozen easily. Damn they are good. Oddly enough, I don't like cooked oysters very much, unless they are on a Po' Boy.

ReaperKK

I love raw oysters but I have never heard of raw clams either.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: Prog Snob on April 07, 2016, 05:42:39 AM
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on April 07, 2016, 05:32:33 AM

Really?
Really.

Raw oysters are everywhere (although I don't like them), but I've never hear of raw clams.

Could it be a regional thing?
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Prog Snob

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on April 07, 2016, 05:51:09 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on April 07, 2016, 05:42:39 AM
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on April 07, 2016, 05:32:33 AM

Really?
Really.

Raw oysters are everywhere (although I don't like them), but I've never hear of raw clams.

Could it be a regional thing?

It must be. I can eat dozens at a time, with a squeeze of lemon and tabasco sauce.

Quote from: ReaperKK on April 07, 2016, 05:48:03 AM
I love raw oysters but I have never heard of raw clams either.

That's really odd, but I guess it's relative, right? 

Quote from: Hyperplex on April 07, 2016, 05:43:22 AM
Raw bars very often serve raw clams next to the raw oysters. Personally, I'm not a fan of raw clams; I prefer them steamed and served with drawn butter. Raw oysters, however, are absolutely delicious. A little cocktail sauce and a dash of Tabasco and I could down 2 dozen easily. Damn they are good. Oddly enough, I don't like cooked oysters very much, unless they are on a Po' Boy.

I don't like anything cooked with butter. The thought of it makes me cringe. Though I do love baked clams, I prefer them raw.

hefdaddy42

When I see clams, they are in linguini or some other pasta or they are fried.

Prog Snob

Linguini with clam sauce is my favorite dish. Now, I'm hungry. 

Time to head out into the field. I'll catch up with everyone later.

Sir GuitarCozmo

"Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

Hyperplex

Quote from: Prog Snob on April 07, 2016, 05:59:46 AM
I don't like anything cooked with butter. The thought of it makes me cringe. Though I do love baked clams, I prefer them raw.

I didn't mean cooked with butter. I meant steamed, plain, and served with drawn butter to dip in, like lobster.

King Postwhore

I hate anything from a raw bar.  No thank you.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 07, 2016, 07:34:29 AM
I hate anything from a raw bar.  No thank you.
Same here.  I prefer my seafood cooked.

Except occasionally I am in the mood for sushi.  But that is rare.

Sir GuitarCozmo

I'd call sushi considerably more than rare.

hefdaddy42

King Postwhore

:lol

Funny thing, I love sushi. It's more about a raw snot sliding down throat that I don't like.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Trooper

Quote from: Sir GuitarCozmo on April 07, 2016, 06:44:19 AM
"Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."
:rollin awesome movie

Sir GuitarCozmo

The Trooper

Too many classic lines in it lol

Sir GuitarCozmo

Prog Snob

Quote from: Hyperplex on April 07, 2016, 06:48:01 AM

I didn't mean cooked with butter. I meant steamed, plain, and served with drawn butter to dip in, like lobster.

You're still not reeling me in.  :lol

The Trooper

hefdaddy42

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 07, 2016, 10:07:50 AM

Funny thing, I love sushi. It's more about a raw snot sliding down throat that I don't like.
This.

Sir GuitarCozmo

Quote from: Prog Snob on April 07, 2016, 11:12:20 AM

Here's to hoping your date doesn't end with the same words.

Prog Snob

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 07, 2016, 10:07:50 AM

If you had clams or oysters that tasted or felt like snot, I'd hate to eat at the restaurants you go to.  :lol

Quote from: Sir GuitarCozmo on April 07, 2016, 11:20:28 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on April 07, 2016, 11:12:20 AM

Here's to hoping your date doesn't end with the same words.

:lol  Shit...

BlobVanDam

Sir GuitarCozmo

Hef, the article you liked from the Charlotte Observer - I'm pleased to see that our state is looking to do the right thing.  However, the FB comments are full of vile, disgusting, uneducated, and fearful people.

King Postwhore

John, tell her you need a pic of her to post on this site for all us old pervs to rate. :lol