Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 319052 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #6615 on: April 02, 2016, 05:43:18 PM »
Howdy Jay

Howdy howdy How goes it?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6616 on: April 02, 2016, 05:44:45 PM »
Going well, I'm just enjoying a beer, probably play some Witcher 3 later.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6617 on: April 02, 2016, 06:00:15 PM »
Nice.

I need to rant about work. I am kinda pissed off right now. But I will spare ya'll.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6618 on: April 02, 2016, 06:08:13 PM »
I just poured myself a fresh beer Jay, rant away!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6619 on: April 02, 2016, 06:47:16 PM »
Ok.

So the other lead and I noticed yesterday that there was a open shift on the schedule for today (3p-11p). Turns out it was an open shift that my supervisor had known about for a week or so (the dude who was going to work it is going to Vegas for 2 weeks for training with the other company he works with or whatever. Not a big deal as he is a filler). and neglected to fill it. We noticed this an hour before the end of our shift... after a some calls and braintstorming, we decided I'll just stay late today (work from 7a-7p) to cover half the shift, and we just need to find someone else to cover the rest. 4 hours. Seems simple.

Nope. I even texted my supervisor (who was working a night shift last night) to ask him to talk to some of the night guys and see if someone would be willing to pick it up. I never got a response.

I came in this morning to find that my supervisor called out last night. Ok. So someone had to work late to cover him last night. Fuck.

So I spend the day trying to find coverage (as well as reorganize the office and shit). Finally I get a guy to come in a little early to cover the shift (still leaving a 2 hour gap in coverage... where we are supposed to have 3 but will only have 2 on.. which is better than having 2 hours with only 1 on...) Sweet.

Then I get a call from a night guy saying he's sick and won't be coming in. The dude has a stellar track record. I know he isn't bullshitting me.  So I call my supervisor to ask if he wants to come in and make up some of the hours he lost (he calls out A LOT). He gave me this long thing about being tired (he owns a martial arts studio) and spending time with his wife and shit and he can't do it.

Umm... 2/4 schedule issues over the past 36 hours have been due to him (we had another issue yesterday morning but that was solved). You don't just shrug it off when I come to you and ask for help. I'm missing out on a bowling tournament to cover this shift. The idea was also thrown out there to have me come back in at 3am tonight to cover half of the shift (Not suggested by my supervisor but by the other lead who's on with me right now).  Umm.. I am not going to work 7am-7pm, and then come back 8 hours later and work 3am-3pm. FUCK THAT.

The mindset my supervisor has had as of late has been "Oh well..". Don't get me wrong... He is a great guy.. a great friend.. but he has been severely lacking here as of late. I do my job 110%. I don't mind covering some of his duties but there are times when I CAN'T do some of this shit and he needs to step up and do his damn job. I am sacrificing to be here. I can't be the only one.

Yes, I know I am out of here full time in less than a month (gonna stick around for weekends for a few months)... and people tell me I should just say "Fuck it"... but that's not how I am.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6620 on: April 02, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »
That is really shitty Jay.

So what happens to your supervisor if you couldn't cover the 3a-3p shift, or if you couldn't cover the the additional hours?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6621 on: April 02, 2016, 07:15:42 PM »
Jay, that sucks. Lazy fucks. Lucky that you won't have to deal with it much longer.

Daylight savings just ended or started or whatever the hell it does. So I can feel like I woke up early before the crack of noon today!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6622 on: April 02, 2016, 07:25:01 PM »
That is really shitty Jay.

So what happens to your supervisor if you couldn't cover the 3a-3p shift, or if you couldn't cover the the additional hours?

Not much seeing as we are understaffed.  If we have to leave the shift open (with just 1 guy), it is what it is. It is just frustrating knowing that I am the only one worried about it and doing something about it.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6623 on: April 02, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »
True but then there comes a time where you've called everyone and you've made yourself as available as possible. If you're not the main supervisor of the place then it falls on his/her hands.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6624 on: April 03, 2016, 04:53:29 AM »
Morning crew.

Jay... that's shyte.  It's hard always being the person/employee that 'cares' the most, when people around you barely have a single fuck to give.  Kudo's to you for sticking to your principles.   :tup

Gonna be a lazy, do fuck-all day for the entire jingle.family.  It was a brutal week at work for me; mrs.jingle was crazy busy with her "work" things too (I use finger quotes because it's work, but it's not a job that she get's paid for ... it's hard to explain); yesterday was a busy day for all of us, doing a Habitat for Humanity build that mrs.jingle and jingle.daughter were coordinating with a group of about 25 people involved.  I was part of the build.  Fun stuff, but like I said... crazy day.

Gotta pay the bills, and get some dog-food.  Other than that... not much else.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6625 on: April 03, 2016, 04:54:12 AM »
Hey hey
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6626 on: April 03, 2016, 04:57:09 AM »
Hey hey

Big victory last night hef. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6627 on: April 03, 2016, 04:58:13 AM »
Sure was.  Morning.

April snow this morning. It was 75 2 days ago.  Grrrrrr.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6628 on: April 03, 2016, 04:58:52 AM »
Indeed.  But I think Villanova will be a formidable opponent Monday night.

We'll see what happens.

My cousin's husband is a Harley-Davidson enthusiast, and also a HUGE UNC fan.  He has already declared he will take his Harley for a spin naked if the Heels win Monday night.  *shudders*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6629 on: April 03, 2016, 04:59:52 AM »
Great way to air out his junk though .
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6630 on: April 03, 2016, 05:01:08 AM »
I guess.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6631 on: April 03, 2016, 05:03:01 AM »
Just can sit the "wrong way" on the seat.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6632 on: April 03, 2016, 05:52:06 AM »
Good morning guys! How is it going?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #6633 on: April 03, 2016, 06:17:41 AM »
Morning, Reap.  What's the good word?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6634 on: April 03, 2016, 06:18:58 AM »
Nothing much just enjoying some coffee, going to hop in the shower and head to work soon. What about you Prog?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6635 on: April 03, 2016, 07:11:40 AM »
I'm heading to my parent's house later for my brother's birthday. Otherwise, it's just a lazy morning with the spawn.   ;)

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6636 on: April 03, 2016, 07:49:48 AM »
Sounds like fun! I stepped outside this morning and it was actually pretty cool. I think tonight I"m going to go for an evening ride on the motorcycle.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6637 on: April 03, 2016, 07:52:48 AM »
I'm still waiting for the weather to improve so we can change my tube...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6638 on: April 03, 2016, 08:09:49 AM »
Howdy.  Food shopping and a few new pair of work jeans.  I'm picking up the new Weezer and Cheap Trick albums as well, then home to chill.

We're making a bacon, mushroom, onion & baby spinach quiche tonight.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6639 on: April 03, 2016, 08:29:38 AM »
Morning all

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #6640 on: April 03, 2016, 01:46:40 PM »
Tomorrow is such a stupid day. I have to be at uni for one period, from 7:30 to 9:00, and I don't have anything for the rest of the day.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6641 on: April 03, 2016, 02:13:14 PM »
45 Minutes until I'm out of here. I'm going to make a homemade pizza and take the bike out for a long ride which I haven't done in forever.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6642 on: April 03, 2016, 04:54:23 PM »
Wrestlemania time, bitches!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6643 on: April 03, 2016, 05:04:36 PM »
Wrestlemania time, bitches!

Grrr Rahhhh ! .... Um...line

*pssst* Hnnnggg

...oh yeah.....*HNNGGG!*

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6644 on: April 03, 2016, 05:33:34 PM »
:lol Um no.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6645 on: April 03, 2016, 05:34:22 PM »
Grabs his 2x4.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6646 on: April 03, 2016, 06:17:36 PM »
I should watch it, I nothing else going on right now.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6647 on: April 04, 2016, 05:47:10 AM »
Morning

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6648 on: April 04, 2016, 05:54:29 AM »
Good morning Prog. How is it going?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6649 on: April 04, 2016, 06:04:34 AM »
It's not bad. I met someone and it's a bit tricky. How are you?