Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 323891 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #5950 on: March 16, 2016, 07:23:12 PM »
If you feel it, post it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #5951 on: March 17, 2016, 05:10:20 AM »
Another day, another grind.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5952 on: March 17, 2016, 06:15:14 AM »
So true.  I feel burnt today.  Dealing with people wear you down.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5953 on: March 17, 2016, 06:37:37 AM »
Hey, it's NCAA Tournament time.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #5954 on: March 17, 2016, 06:40:57 AM »
It's Thursday.  Fuck yeah.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5955 on: March 17, 2016, 06:45:22 AM »
Yesterday was EXTREMELY difficult for me after learning about my friend and it just seemed like everything went wrong.

Hoping today is a fresher start, even if it requires a ton of driving. With all good fortune, my car will be ready this afternoon, so I might be driving out and back to pick it up, and then after work one of Eric's friends is having birthday party that we are all going to. Lot's of driving, but hopefully good things.

Here's to hoping. *raises coffee mug*
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5956 on: March 17, 2016, 06:46:55 AM »
*raises mug*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5957 on: March 17, 2016, 06:55:00 AM »
So after uploading and publishing that celtic design I drew yesterday to my website, I got an inquiry from someone who wants to contract me to design a logo for him. All good, except his initial request was to buy a design from my site, as if I was selling them. This is why there are copyright notices on my site that say any logos and materials are copyright their respective owners, while the creative content is my work. I told him I would be happy to design him something at a standard rate, but he hasn't responded. I'll have to be on the lookout for people using a lifted logo. Heh.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #5958 on: March 17, 2016, 08:08:40 AM »
Time to start watermarking stuff.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5959 on: March 17, 2016, 08:19:18 AM »
I hate watermarking things. It detracts from the entire piece. *sigh*

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5960 on: March 17, 2016, 08:42:05 AM »
It's Thursday.  Fuck yeah.

As if the stars aligned. Thirsty Thursday and St. Patrick's day all wrapped up into one.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5961 on: March 17, 2016, 08:45:57 AM »
I don't know if/who/anyone/wtf saw this much in the creativity thread yesterday so why the fuck not post it here.

BOOM

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5962 on: March 17, 2016, 08:47:12 AM »
Thinking of a new tattoo?

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5963 on: March 17, 2016, 09:15:34 AM »
No. Well, yes always, but not of this. This was just something I wanted to draw to work on my freehand and shading. Oddly enough, the weakest part of this piece is my linework.  :-\

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #5964 on: March 17, 2016, 09:58:13 AM »
I hate watermarking things. It detracts from the entire piece. *sigh*

Oh, absolutely.  But this kind of art, done as well as you do it, is (unfortunately) ripe for people lifting for tattoos and other things.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #5965 on: March 17, 2016, 12:01:55 PM »
Speaking of tattoos...

I want a new one....
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5966 on: March 17, 2016, 12:05:26 PM »
I want a new one as well. Want to get my kids' handprints, probably on the inside of my right arm, but I'm not sure when I'm going to go for that. That would pretty much fill all the open space on my upper arms and the only other piece I can think about wanting is a back piece that I haven't even begun to think about planning.
I also want to get a couple spots on my left arm touched up but those are so minor I keep putting them off.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5967 on: March 17, 2016, 12:10:30 PM »
I never want a tattoo or a piercing.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5968 on: March 17, 2016, 12:17:02 PM »
I need to get my Pink Floyd Hammers on my calf. One Day....
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #5969 on: March 17, 2016, 12:33:26 PM »
That's an awesome idea, Jay.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5970 on: March 17, 2016, 12:40:38 PM »
I also plan to get S.D.M.F somewhere probably small one day.

And I wanna get bricks across my upper back...

and.. and... so much more.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5971 on: March 17, 2016, 12:41:26 PM »
I want to get the album cover on my right shoulder from TRTRTS by Steven Wilson.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5972 on: March 17, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »
I decided a long time ago that I didn't want others' art on me. Just something to keep what I have personal. If I had a tattoo artist come up with something, like I did for the background of my half sleeve, that's something different and also unique to me. But I never wanted to have someone else's logo/idea on me. Just a personal preference.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5973 on: March 17, 2016, 12:43:42 PM »
I have lots of ideas for tattoos, too. The brick idea is pretty cool. If you get someone who is a good artist, you could probably have them draw up something creative with it. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5974 on: March 17, 2016, 12:47:05 PM »
I think tats should be something personal.  But you've got to get a great artist.  I've seen too many terrible ones in my years.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5975 on: March 17, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »
Indeed. I have a few ideas but I want to get someone to draw it up with some improv. I know I'm definitely getting something with my daughter and something DT-related. 

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5976 on: March 17, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »
I've drawn all of my tattoos with the exception of the background of my half sleeve, on which I deferred to my tattoo guy. I would have no problem letting them draw something for me if I hadn't done so already. I'd really like something Norse-related on my back, and since I never have the time anymore, should I ever decide to go forward with that, I might have my guy draw it for me. If I'm paying him thousands I might a well use his full skill set.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5977 on: March 17, 2016, 01:11:30 PM »
You have a good artist though.  I've seen your work and you can only trust is the artist is that skilled.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5978 on: March 17, 2016, 01:41:58 PM »
I also plan to get S.D.M.F somewhere probably small one day.

Suck Dick Mother Fucker??

I decided a long time ago that I didn't want others' art on me. Just something to keep what I have personal. If I had a tattoo artist come up with something, like I did for the background of my half sleeve, that's something different and also unique to me. But I never wanted to have someone else's logo/idea on me. Just a personal preference.

Couldn't agree more.  The best advice I ever got with respect to a tattoo is to make sure it is HIGHLY personal to you - nothing worse than being stuck with something (for life) that has the potential (or reality) of meaning jack shit in a few years.  That's why I won't tattoo my wife's name on me.  :neverusethis:

I've seen too many terrible ones in my years.

You don't say?  https://epictattoofailure.com/ says it all.

My next (and likely final) tattoo will be something that jingle.son draws.  He'll draw it, then I'll get an artist to replicate it, and skin me.  Not sure what or when, but that will be the plan sometime in the coming years.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5979 on: March 17, 2016, 02:11:21 PM »

Like this but with just the letters.

It's a Black Label Society thang.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5980 on: March 17, 2016, 02:15:19 PM »
Good afternoon folks, sitting in atlanta airport with a good buzz going waiting on a standby flight to Tampa.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5981 on: March 17, 2016, 02:16:54 PM »
The only way to fly.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5982 on: March 17, 2016, 02:19:43 PM »
Pretty much. I got really lucky, I got to the airport early, like 6 hours before my flight and I asked at the counter if they had anything earlier. They did and they didn't charge me the usual $50 fee. I got on a 1:20 flight to atlanta, I couldn't get on the 3:36 to tampa but I'm on the 4:50 to tampa so I had some drinks at the bar in the meantime.

The best part about the first flight was that not only was I able to get an earlier flight for free but it was delta comfort with more leg room and free drinks, and no one in the middle seat.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5983 on: March 17, 2016, 05:30:58 PM »
Louis CK sucks so bad.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5984 on: March 17, 2016, 06:20:12 PM »
Why do you say that Kotowboy?