Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 323777 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #4935 on: February 27, 2016, 07:05:56 AM »
Morning, guys

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4936 on: February 27, 2016, 07:30:20 AM »
Morning Prog

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4937 on: February 27, 2016, 07:56:17 AM »
What's the good word, Reap?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4938 on: February 27, 2016, 08:06:52 AM »
Yo.

Waiting for my brother to meet us at a park n ride to head north.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #4939 on: February 27, 2016, 08:07:00 AM »
Mernin'.
Just got back from getting stabbed (routine blood test) and picking breakfast up for the fam bam.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4940 on: February 27, 2016, 08:12:14 AM »
I enjoy getting stabbed by female phlebotomists.

King, where are you going today?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4941 on: February 27, 2016, 08:16:56 AM »
Parker Pie in Vermont then Hill Farmstead for beers. Check them out.  Google them. I can't wait!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4942 on: February 27, 2016, 08:26:10 AM »

Nothing much just watching some lectures for my online class. What about you Prog?

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4943 on: February 27, 2016, 08:36:01 AM »
I swear the bandage tape is the worst part of getting blood drawn. The needle is quick and easy and mostly painless, but I just broke blood vessels removing the tape. Same with tattoos. I'll sit for half a day getting inked but the tape after is awful.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4944 on: February 27, 2016, 08:42:59 AM »
Parker Pie in Vermont then Hill Farmstead for beers. Check them out.  Google them. I can't wait!

Sounds awesome!

Nothing much just watching some lectures for my online class. What about you Prog?

During the day, not much. Later on, I'm going out to dinner with my brother and his wife.

I swear the bandage tape is the worst part of getting blood drawn. The needle is quick and easy and mostly painless, but I just broke blood vessels removing the tape. Same with tattoos. I'll sit for half a day getting inked but the tape after is awful.

I usually just let it fall off.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4945 on: February 27, 2016, 11:44:40 AM »

Went to Dads after work. Put the new chain on my bike.

Now, I ordered this chain from an online store and gave the make, model and year of the bike.

I asked my usual stockist and they gave me a long email about the size of chains and the sprockets etc...

I wanted a chain immediately so I ordered it and hoped for the best.

It arrived and today we put it on and...

IT FIT PERFECTLY :rollin

Like - it was the exact length I needed. We threaded it through - put the split link on and it was done. :tup Deffo ordering from them again.

Nice drive albeit a touch chilly. I always think the fun of driving over-rides the cold. I didn't go crazy though as the road may have been frosty. Kept it at about 40 - 50.

Edit : Oh Hey reap you like Still untitled ! I can't wait for new episodes. The last one a couple of weeks ago where it was just Will rambling was boring though. I like their Spoilercasts.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:57:11 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4946 on: February 27, 2016, 04:54:19 PM »
Received this today. Seems Legit.

My dearest,

May the peace of the Lord be with you as you read this letter. My name is Christy Walton and I am an American Citizen, I am widow and a business woman. I have recently been diagnosed with esophageal cancer and a rare heart disease which has defiled all medical treatment. Expert diagnosis has shown that I have few days to live. I am worth $41.7 Billion US Dollars which I inherited from my late husband Mr. John T. Walton which rates me as the First richest woman in the world.

The intention of this email is to employ the expertise of a Charity minded individual, who can identify a viable and guarantee reasonable distribution of my wealth to the needy. I cannot rely on family and closest relatives anymore, as they did not show responsible behavior when I entrusted part of my wealth to them to distribute to charitable organizations but instead they used the money for their personal needs.

To prevent any more mishaps, my attorney will act as a check, monitoring every aspect of the Charity. My will is with my Lawyer which my family is fully aware about, but there is 5% of my Bank worth which is $2,085000000.00 (Two Billion, Eighty Five Million U.S Dollars) which nobody is aware of except my attorney.

Do get back to me by providing me with your Full name for further details. Please endeavor to keep this confidential. I await your response.

God bless you.
Mrs. Christy Walton
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4947 on: February 27, 2016, 06:00:55 PM »
You should totally string them along :lol

Then when they ask for bank numbers - make them up :lol

Bank numbers ? :) oh certainly :

Sort Code : 80 - 97 - 30

Account Number : 2356 7845

Best Wishes ! :)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4948 on: February 27, 2016, 06:03:44 PM »

Reggae Night At Work. I was acting as courier :D. Going to the supermarket and bringing back "beverages" for the bar. :) such fun.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4949 on: February 28, 2016, 06:21:08 AM »
Good morning guys! I think my hard drive is starting to kick the bucket in my laptop, luckily I have a 250gb SSD sitting here so I may have to install it, and possibly upgrade to windows 10

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4950 on: February 28, 2016, 06:34:22 AM »
That building looks cool.

My running hard drive is dying but I want to upgrade the motherboard. Basically,  the whole computer.   Lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4951 on: February 28, 2016, 06:36:00 AM »
You should really back up and stop using a hard drive immediately as you notice signs of death, because they can go at any moment after that. Sometimes you'll get a few weeks out of them, or it could be any moment. Or you can just have the drive die without any warning at all. But you don't mess around with hard drives. Hard drives are serious business!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #4952 on: February 28, 2016, 06:41:57 AM »
So it worked, and I landed myself a new place to stay! I had no problem staying at my parent's place, but at some point, you do want to move out. Plus, my new place is 10 minutes from my university, as opposed to the hour that I needed from my parents' place.

Will post pics once I've actually moved, but for now I'm just happy that I got something so close to uni. Also my flatmates seem really cool, so that's a plus.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4953 on: February 28, 2016, 06:44:29 AM »
You should really back up and stop using a hard drive immediately as you notice signs of death, because they can go at any moment after that. Sometimes you'll get a few weeks out of them, or it could be any moment. Or you can just have the drive die without any warning at all. But you don't mess around with hard drives. Hard drives are serious business!

Yup.  That's why I like 2 hard drives. One for storage and the other runs the computer.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4954 on: February 28, 2016, 06:45:17 AM »
So it worked, and I landed myself a new place to stay! I had no problem staying at my parent's place, but at some point, you do want to move out. Plus, my new place is 10 minutes from my university, as opposed to the hour that I needed from my parents' place.

Will post pics once I've actually moved, but for now I'm just happy that I got something so close to uni. Also my flatmates seem really cool, so that's a plus.

Close to school too!  Nice.  It's a brave new world!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4955 on: February 28, 2016, 06:46:45 AM »

I just did a full back up to my workstation.

I really want to build a server for my home, it's overkill sure but I want a RAID setup just to do it :lol

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #4956 on: February 28, 2016, 06:47:23 AM »

I'm not exactly new to living on my own, given that I was at boarding school for six years and lived abroad a year, but yeah. Will probably be moving sometime within the next two weeks, but I've got a lot of other stuff to do - work, mainly - so we'll see. Definitely want to have this done sometime during March though, because once uni starts again in April, that'd just be stupid to not have used the break to do it.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4957 on: February 28, 2016, 06:50:31 AM »
This time it's your place though.  It's a totally different feeling. A good one but is feels so different.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4958 on: February 28, 2016, 06:51:23 AM »

I'm not exactly new to living on my own, given that I was at boarding school for six years and lived abroad a year, but yeah. Will probably be moving sometime within the next two weeks, but I've got a lot of other stuff to do - work, mainly - so we'll see. Definitely want to have this done sometime during March though, because once uni starts again in April, that'd just be stupid to not have used the break to do it.

There is nothing like living on your own. Simply things like blaring music through the house, or walking around with my star trek robe open eating ice cream at 10:32 in the morning.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4959 on: February 28, 2016, 06:54:15 AM »
Pictures or it didn't happen. Lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4960 on: February 28, 2016, 06:56:26 AM »

Yup.  That's why I like 2 hard drives. One for storage and the other runs the computer.

I've always had at least two hard drives inside my PC. It's a lot less hassle than losing everything, although still a pain in the ass to have to replace any of them. My external backup has saved me so many times now.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4961 on: February 28, 2016, 06:56:30 AM »
I don't know my body isn't in the best shape it' been :lol probably because I'm eating ice cream in the morning

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4962 on: February 28, 2016, 07:02:04 AM »
I don't know my body isn't in the best shape it' been :lol probably because I'm eating ice cream in the morning

TRUFFLE SHUFFLE OR GTFO

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4963 on: February 28, 2016, 07:37:09 AM »
I want ice cream
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4964 on: February 28, 2016, 08:54:50 AM »
Just made a waffle for breakfast, sweet Jesus it was good. Salmon on the grill tonight

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4965 on: February 28, 2016, 09:04:07 AM »
Just made a waffle for breakfast, sweet Jesus it was good. Salmon on the grill tonight

:2metal:

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4966 on: February 28, 2016, 09:18:45 AM »
Need to get the Bear a haircut today and perhaps run to Ikea afterwards. Em is asleep now early afternoon it looks like.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4967 on: February 28, 2016, 09:20:23 AM »
Went for a long drive today but it's still nippy even with THREE jackets on.

But at least it wasn't pissing it down.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4968 on: February 28, 2016, 09:27:37 AM »
Morning

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4969 on: February 28, 2016, 09:32:41 AM »
It's in the 60s here. Beautiful. Have the windows open.