Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 323632 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #4690 on: February 23, 2016, 08:32:24 AM »
That's coming our way tonight and tomorrow all day.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4691 on: February 23, 2016, 08:32:55 AM »
It sucks.  I hate all-day downpours.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4692 on: February 23, 2016, 08:37:51 AM »
I'm supposed to go to dinner with my boss and my wife is tagging along.  Heavy rain is no good.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #4693 on: February 23, 2016, 08:39:36 AM »
Today is just a steady grey rain here, but I think it is supposed to get heavier tonight into tomorrow. I swear I must have some sort of Seasonal Affective Disorder; my moods are so easily affected by the weather.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4694 on: February 23, 2016, 08:44:25 AM »
Me too.

This would have been a good day to stay in bed.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4695 on: February 23, 2016, 08:46:56 AM »
We're actually the opposite here, out West. I had to wear sunglasses on the way into work this morning. That's a first for this year.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4696 on: February 23, 2016, 08:49:14 AM »
I think by Thursday I might be in that boat. There are some rainy days I don't mind, but this is just one of them where I feel just completely fucking BLAAAAAH.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4697 on: February 23, 2016, 09:35:55 AM »
Why, hello there.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4698 on: February 23, 2016, 09:37:37 AM »
Darklord!

How's the current hostage supply?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4699 on: February 23, 2016, 09:42:31 AM »
Choose to your heart's content.

MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4700 on: February 23, 2016, 09:43:43 AM »
Gah !

Chain broke as I was pulling away !

Oh well. I guess it's better to get a new one than for it to break at speed - causing the bike to skid violently...

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4701 on: February 23, 2016, 09:47:18 AM »
Choose to your heart's content.

Living up to the Kohler nickname, I see.  :lol

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4702 on: February 23, 2016, 09:51:05 AM »
 :hat

Gah !

Oh well. I guess it's better to get a new one than for it to break at speed - causing the bike to skid violently...

Sorry to hear that. I can send you a spare chain I have from all the hostages that have come and gone throughout the years-
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4703 on: February 23, 2016, 09:52:05 AM »
Gah !

That seems to happen a lot lately.  Has it been the same chain?

DL, girls like other kinds of chains. :hat

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4704 on: February 23, 2016, 09:55:10 AM »
Tell me about it!  :hat

Dammit, I don't have any picture with a girl that involves chains. Looking forward to change that ASAP.

EDIT: False, who am I kidding? Check the post your pic thread for more info on the matter.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4705 on: February 23, 2016, 10:03:20 AM »
It hasn't happened for several months.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4706 on: February 23, 2016, 10:56:42 AM »
Good Morning peeples.

Was told by a cashier at the grocery store near my house that I've been losing weight. I haven't actually weighed myself since I started this diet but I guess it's working :dangerwillrobinson:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4707 on: February 23, 2016, 11:18:06 AM »
Nice.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4708 on: February 23, 2016, 11:24:13 AM »
I just stretched and cracked my back in 3 places....Now I feel great but don't think I can work because puddle on floor.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4709 on: February 23, 2016, 12:16:24 PM »
Good afternoon guys!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4710 on: February 23, 2016, 12:30:24 PM »
G'd afternoonypoony

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4711 on: February 23, 2016, 12:46:39 PM »
Hey guys

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4712 on: February 23, 2016, 01:50:56 PM »
Just built and scheduled another 3 months of emails. Done with that for the foreseeable future, but I'm glad I chugged through it. The rest of what I did today feels kind of futile. Blah.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4713 on: February 23, 2016, 01:52:43 PM »
Definitely a blah day.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4714 on: February 23, 2016, 01:54:47 PM »
I kind of feel the same way. Thankfully I'm leaving in five minutes and going to pick up the spawn for a couple of hours.

Just built and scheduled another 3 months of emails. Done with that for the foreseeable future, but I'm glad I chugged through it. The rest of what I did today feels kind of futile. Blah.

What's this all about?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4715 on: February 23, 2016, 01:55:59 PM »
Boss will be here tomorrow.  You will miss me.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4716 on: February 23, 2016, 02:03:50 PM »
What's this all about?

We have monthly webinar series, 3 per month. Prior to me coming on board, there was no marketing push to get people signed up for them. There were just individual emails being sent to specific people and it was up to them to spread the word. I've instituted an email schedule that pushes through our CRM database to our interested parties. We have a very niche market so interest is extremely high. Webinars are scheduled almost completely through the rest of 2016, so it's really just a matter of building the emails, tagging the lists, and scheduling the email push. I've built each of the 12 necessary emails and scheduled all of the sends though August, so now it's off my plate until I want to tackle the rest of the year.

As for the rest of my day, I've just kinda been in a rut with ideas today, so while I've been productive, I haven't been nearly as successful as I had intended.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4717 on: February 23, 2016, 02:23:19 PM »
Speaking of work... I am currently texting my supervisor.. He just got a call from HR at the County. I think if they are making calls to my references, I must have made a good impression in the interview!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4718 on: February 23, 2016, 02:24:56 PM »
That's cool.  I'm rooting for you, pal.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4719 on: February 23, 2016, 02:26:59 PM »
Nice, good luck. Sounds promising.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4720 on: February 23, 2016, 02:27:28 PM »
Bought a chain from an online store.

Right bike and year. Hopefully it will be the right one. It was only £15 and I made £5 in royalties this month so at worst i've lost £10.

What up Blob, ReaperKK and Joy and Prog Snob and everyone else :coolio

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4721 on: February 23, 2016, 02:29:40 PM »
Thanks. I am nervous as hell though. Say I get the job... I put my 2 weeks in where I am at and start my probationary period with the county. Then say, after it's all said and done... they don't want to keep me for whatever reason (I've heard stories from a buddy who works with them about trainers dropping the new people for just because they didn't like them personally).. Until the probationary period is done, they can let me go and give me no reasons. That scares me. Because then.. I'm fucked.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4722 on: February 23, 2016, 02:37:08 PM »
Don't know about specific local laws, but where I live, even outside the probationary period you can be let go with no reason given. It's an At Will Employment.

I just finished a 30-day trial consulting contract at my new job. For all intents and purposes I was fully hired, however certain paperwork was pending the trial period as a business caution. Today was officially my second day of actual full-time employment, although I've been earning my salary for the past month. Even still, my next 90-days are still considered probationary per my employment agreement, although I also have in writing that my current employment is not a trial any longer.

All that is to say, try not to sweat it, because that will only make you hate what you're doing. If you get it, and it's what you want, jump in and do your best. I'm sure it will work out. The company wouldn't be able to survive if they just dumped any and all new talent simply on whims.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4723 on: February 23, 2016, 02:44:17 PM »
From what I've been told by my buddy (who has worked there 15 years), there are a lot of hoops that have to be gone through before they will let someone go after the probationary period. A strike system if you will. It doesn't exist in the probationary period. Idk. I am probably freaking out over nothing.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4724 on: February 23, 2016, 02:47:54 PM »
Well it's natural to be nervous about that, but if you get it, go for it. Everyone there probably has to go through it, so it's worth it.