News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese

Started by ariich, November 23, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

King Postwhore

Thank Norton.  I know that you know..   
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 05:22:58 AM
There is no doubt that there are people here seeking to make themselves feel better by bringing someone else down. It's a trait of narcissistic personality disorder.



I think 95% of people on the internet must have that then. :neverusethis:

Prog Snob

Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 14, 2016, 05:34:09 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 05:22:58 AM
There is no doubt that there are people here seeking to make themselves feel better by bringing someone else down. It's a trait of narcissistic personality disorder.

I think 95% of people on the internet must have that then. :neverusethis:

:lol   Nah, most people on the Internet have a tough guy delusion.

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 14, 2016, 05:29:24 AM
Thank Norton.  I know that you know..   

I always love a Honeymooners reference.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 05:35:37 AM
Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 14, 2016, 05:34:09 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 05:22:58 AM
There is no doubt that there are people here seeking to make themselves feel better by bringing someone else down. It's a trait of narcissistic personality disorder.

I think 95% of people on the internet must have that then. :neverusethis:

:lol   Nah, most people on the Internet have a tough guy delusion.


Internet Anonymity Syndrome.

I try to be nice. I don't always succeed. I have little tolerance for douchery these days. :lol

bl5150

Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 14, 2016, 05:37:57 AM

I try to be nice. I don't always succeed.

I will have to remember that one  :D

King Postwhore

Im going food shopping and I need to warm up the car seeing it's MINUS 11 DEGREES! !
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Prog Snob

Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 14, 2016, 05:37:57 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 05:35:37 AM
Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 14, 2016, 05:34:09 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 05:22:58 AM
There is no doubt that there are people here seeking to make themselves feel better by bringing someone else down. It's a trait of narcissistic personality disorder.

I think 95% of people on the internet must have that then. :neverusethis:

:lol   Nah, most people on the Internet have a tough guy delusion.


Internet Anonymity Syndrome.

I try to be nice. I don't always succeed. I have little tolerance for douchery these days. :lol

It's actually called the online disinhibition effect.

King Postwhore

It's so cold that the pipe for my sump pump that is outside is frozen and I had to turn off the pump. It would burn out the motor.  I had to crack the basement window and use the portable sump pump. 
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 05:49:38 AM
It's actually called the online disinhibition effect.

I think I prefer my made up on the spot name better. :P
When dealing with random people on the internet, I try to be unambiguously nice to keep things friendly. I find it can even bring jerks in line if you keep it friendly with them instead of argumentative. And of course some people are just hateful people who can seemingly only find joy in bringing people down.
I get Youtube notifications every time someone comments on one of my videos, so I'm desensitized to some level of shittery. :lol

Prog Snob

Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 14, 2016, 05:55:47 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 05:49:38 AM
It's actually called the online disinhibition effect.

I think I prefer my made up on the spot name better. :P
When dealing with random people on the internet, I try to be unambiguously nice to keep things friendly. I find it can even bring jerks in line if you keep it friendly with them instead of argumentative. And of course some people are just hateful people who can seemingly only find joy in bringing people down.
I get Youtube notifications every time someone comments on one of my videos, so I'm desensitized to some level of shittery. :lol

I like to mess with people who try to act with that online disinhibition effect. It's really just pushing them to their limit until they realize they don't believe a word they're saying.

Podaar

#4140
Morning.

After reading the above, I feel bad about occasionally giving King a hard time. I probably make as many, if not more, mistakes myself. :blush

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 07:14:47 AM
Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 14, 2016, 05:55:47 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 05:49:38 AM
It's actually called the online disinhibition effect.

I think I prefer my made up on the spot name better. :P
When dealing with random people on the internet, I try to be unambiguously nice to keep things friendly. I find it can even bring jerks in line if you keep it friendly with them instead of argumentative. And of course some people are just hateful people who can seemingly only find joy in bringing people down.
I get Youtube notifications every time someone comments on one of my videos, so I'm desensitized to some level of shittery. :lol

I like to mess with people who try to act with that online disinhibition effect. It's really just pushing them to their limit until they realize they don't believe a word they're saying.

:lol I don't have enough patience to toy with people like that.

King Postwhore

Quote from: Podaar on February 14, 2016, 07:20:14 AM
Morning.

After reading the above, I feel bad about occasionally giving King a hard time. I probably make as many, if not more, mistakes myself. :blush

Don't worry.  I get upset when the negative people do it.  Like my spelling ruins their world. If you know me as a person and that's my worst flaw, then I'm happy with myself.

I know who I am and it's ok.  I like when we rib each other like Blob and myself because it's endearing as friends. His sleeping patterns and my spelling. 

That's good natured ribbing.  Btw 2 degrees now. A heatwave!

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Prog Snob

Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 14, 2016, 07:37:19 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 07:14:47 AM
Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 14, 2016, 05:55:47 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 14, 2016, 05:49:38 AM
It's actually called the online disinhibition effect.

I think I prefer my made up on the spot name better. :P
When dealing with random people on the internet, I try to be unambiguously nice to keep things friendly. I find it can even bring jerks in line if you keep it friendly with them instead of argumentative. And of course some people are just hateful people who can seemingly only find joy in bringing people down.
I get Youtube notifications every time someone comments on one of my videos, so I'm desensitized to some level of shittery. :lol

I like to mess with people who try to act with that online disinhibition effect. It's really just pushing them to their limit until they realize they don't believe a word they're saying.

:lol I don't have enough patience to toy with people like that.

I always have the patience to mess with someone's mind, especially someone who thinks they're going to do it to me. It's like, "Oh look, Christmas came early this year."

Quote from: Podaar on February 14, 2016, 07:20:14 AM
Morning.

After reading the above, I feel bad about occasionally giving King a hard time. I probably make as many, if not more, mistakes myself. :blush

Don't let it bother you Pod. King knows we're not trying to be condescending. There are probably others who are, but fuck 'em.

King Postwhore

#4144
Right. Now to deal with supervisors that complain about each other all the time.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Prog Snob


King Postwhore

Yup.  Petty stuff. Especially when I'm not riding them at all where they would feel the pressure.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Prog Snob

I am familiar with those kind of people. I work with plenty of them. 

King Postwhore

I tell them focus on your job.  If it's something malicious,  then yes, I will handle that situation.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Prog Snob

Everybody wants to be a boss. I get people who try to do that to me at my job. Meanwhile they are on the same level as me. So since I like to mess with people on a mental level, I simply tell them, "I don't answer to you and if the day comes that I'd have to answer to someone like you, I'll gouge my eyes out and feed them to you."  Yes, I said that to someone once.

King Postwhore

Other want to focus on everyone else but themselves.   You only do damage to yourself that way.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Kotowboy

Does anyone else record music ?

If i've got an idea I want to try - you know instantly it's not a keeper when you record rhythm left and right, bass in the middle and some melody guitar and drums...


...and it all just sounds flat. :lol

It's like the song is telling you it's not worth keeping.

It's not so much that the idea isn't "catchy" but nothing you do or add to it makes it NOT sound like a crappy demo. The best songs burst from the speakers.

Prog Snob

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 14, 2016, 09:58:55 AM
Other want to focus on everyone else but themselves.   You only do damage to yourself that way.

I suppose in some offices that sort of competition is a natural occurrence.

Kotowboy

I remembered today I was in a band with some friends once and all our surnames had the initials : R. O. K.

I thought it would be hilarious to name the band We R.O.K.

1. It looks like We Rock

2. It also looks like  We Are Ok :dunno:

:lol

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Kotowboy on February 14, 2016, 12:55:53 PM
I remembered today I was in a band with some friends once and all our surnames had the initials : R. O. K.

I thought it would be hilarious to name the band We R.O.K.

1. It looks like We Rock

2. It also looks like  We Are Ok :dunno:

:lol

I'm not sure if that's a great idea, a terrible idea, or some combination of both. :lol
It would be fun to mess with your fans and say the name both ways so they never know which it is.


Just finished The Walking Dead. That show is such an emotional rollercoaster. :lol

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

hefdaddy42

It's not scheduled off.  However, with the weather we have, I am most likely taking it off.

No one in America gives a fuck about President's Day.  I think it's a bank holiday, but I'm not certain about that.

The biggest deal that I know about President's Day is that James Franco's adaptation of Stephen King's 11.22.63 premieres tonight on Hulu.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

jingle.boy

 :lol

Well, our company gives the day off.  It's "Family Day" here... seriously, that's the name of the holiday.  About 10 years ago, the provincial government decided it was cruel an unusual to go with no holidays from New Years to Good Friday, so they stuck this made up holiday right in the middle of Feb.

Whatever.  It's a day off.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Kotowboy

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 15, 2016, 04:07:48 AM
:lol

Well, our company gives the day off.  It's "Family Day" here... seriously, that's the name of the holiday.  About 10 years ago, the provincial government decided it was cruel an unusual to go with no holidays from New Years to Good Friday, so they stuck this made up holiday right in the middle of Feb.

Whatever.  It's a day off.

Do you get a day off if you're a single guy living alone in front of the computer in his pants ?




...asking for blob.

BlobVanDam

I don't live alone! I need people to do everything for me. :blob:

King Postwhore

3 days of crappy sleep.  I keep waking up during the night multiple times.  I'm damn tired this morning.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Kotowboy

I was asking for you so that you could tell me the answer in PM. :emo: