Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 318967 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #3955 on: February 11, 2016, 08:30:18 AM »
Would they have to upgrade the entire system at once? Would that cost a lot?

I used to love pulling stuff apart and salvaging motors and buttons and sliders and whatever else looked cool. I still have a lot of it. I'd often come home from school with random electronic parts that we'd either salvaged from the back of shops (we got so many old mobile phones and great batteries and chargers that way), or friends would give me old laptops to fix, or I'd buy parts at the electronics hobby shop literally right across from the school, or one time the entire top section off something (might have been a high end photocopier?). It was several feet long and had a screen and I thought it might have fun parts in it, so I took it home from school. Don't know what happened to it.

There are numerous ways for them to fix it that come to mind. This is only going to a training center, so it's not imperative for them to upgrade this to something ludicrous. It's not controlling one of the subway sites. They could probably just find something newer and more reliable without spending a fortune.

I had a garbage bag filled with old computer parts that the ex eventually threw out. This happened around the same time she intentionally left my Cisco routers and switches in the driveway. This was obviously at the end of the marriage.   :lol   I bought some book that had all of these electronics hacks you could do to internal parts of devices to make it operate differently and more optimally. THAT she didn't throw out.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3956 on: February 11, 2016, 09:03:10 AM »
I abuse my computer equipment to death, so I don't keep much lying around. Anything that still works usually ends up as a hand-me-down to other family members. I still have a lot of misc parts all over my room though. I've kept every single hard drive I've killed. That's a lot of drives!

On an unrelated note, Schwarzenegger lines sound hilarious run through a text to speech synthesizer. So deadpan. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3957 on: February 11, 2016, 09:43:42 AM »
Good morning, everyone.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3958 on: February 11, 2016, 09:49:24 AM »
Morning Hef.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3959 on: February 11, 2016, 09:50:59 AM »
Another day and a half.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3960 on: February 11, 2016, 09:53:17 AM »
Yup.  I've got to meet my best supervisor in an hour to get him a visa gift card.  He's been helping at another site and needs gas and food money for the week.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3961 on: February 11, 2016, 10:33:42 AM »
I abuse my computer equipment to death, so I don't keep much lying around. Anything that still works usually ends up as a hand-me-down to other family members. I still have a lot of misc parts all over my room though. I've kept every single hard drive I've killed. That's a lot of drives!

On an unrelated note, Schwarzenegger lines sound hilarious run through a text to speech synthesizer. So deadpan. :lol

I bet there's some incriminating data on those drives. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3962 on: February 11, 2016, 10:37:42 AM »
Blob keeps taking a USB drive in and out, and in and out......

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3963 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:27 AM »

:lol It would be much less than what's currently on my computer, let's put it that way.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3964 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:34 AM »
Listening to the Paul Gilbert channel on Slacker and they're playing "You Not Me".  I'd forgotten how much I like this song.  I need to drag FII back out and give it another listen.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3965 on: February 11, 2016, 10:40:20 AM »
Listening to the Paul Gilbert channel on Slacker and they're playing "You Not Me".  I'd forgotten how much I like this song.  I need to drag FII back out and give it another listen.

While it's my least favourite on the album (and at this point the only song on the album I don't love), when I listen to the album now, I can happily sit through it. FII is amazing, and easily my 4th favourite DT album (very close to 3rd).

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3966 on: February 11, 2016, 10:44:30 AM »
FII came out around the time I joined Cold Gin and realized there was a whole world outside of the little town I grew up in that I was never ever going to see unless I made the decision to GTFO out of that little town.  So it reminds me of a very transitional and topsy-turvy time in my life.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3967 on: February 11, 2016, 10:47:11 AM »
So I just put the worst exam of this year's exam season behind me. And it was surprisingly okay! No guarantees on the grade, but I'm 99% certain that I passed.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3968 on: February 11, 2016, 10:52:16 AM »
Which exam?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3969 on: February 11, 2016, 10:52:21 AM »

:lol It would be much less than what's currently on my computer, let's put it that way.

I came across one of my old hard drives at my parent's house. I brought it home with me and hooked it up to my old tower. There was a folder of photos of the girls I used to talk to back when I first started using the Internet. Most of them are just a distant memory but there are a couple that I still talk to. Actually, Meg (ProgMaiden) was one of the first girls I ever spoke to. This is going back to the late 90s. Then there was the girl I traveled to California to meet. I met her in 1997. She still looks gorgeous now. Anyway, I digress.... I threw out the hard drive. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3970 on: February 11, 2016, 10:54:01 AM »
You creep. :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3971 on: February 11, 2016, 10:58:08 AM »
Hey, I threw the evidence out. Besides, don't tell me you don't have a folder for your own private viewing pleasures. :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3972 on: February 11, 2016, 11:00:16 AM »

While it's my least favourite on the album (and at this point the only song on the album I don't love), when I listen to the album now, I can happily sit through it. FII is amazing, and easily my 4th favourite DT album (very close to 3rd).
I am not crazy about roughly half the album, but the production sounds so good that when I listen to the album, I listen to the entire album, even the songs I don't like.

Also, the songs that I DO like rank among DT's very best IMHO.  So the album is pretty schizo.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3973 on: February 11, 2016, 11:06:28 AM »
Good Morning Fellas

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3974 on: February 11, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »
Which exam?

Mathematical Methods for Theoretical Physics.

It's worse than it sounds.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3975 on: February 11, 2016, 11:31:36 AM »
And it sounds bad.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3976 on: February 11, 2016, 12:10:09 PM »
Hey, I threw the evidence out. Besides, don't tell me you don't have a folder for your own private viewing pleasures. :lol

Nope. I just stream baby!  Lol

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3977 on: February 11, 2016, 12:31:40 PM »
So I was eating lunch today, and a drunk lady told me to get the fuck out, called me a fat fuck, said she was going to kill me, and told someone to call the police because I threatened to rape her. I recorded most of it.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3978 on: February 11, 2016, 12:34:17 PM »
So I was eating lunch today, and a drunk lady told me to get the fuck out, called me a fat fuck, said she was going to kill me, and told someone to call the police because I threatened to rape her. I recorded most of it.

This has to be asked, but was it cone lady?

Nope. I just cream baby!  Lol

FTFY

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3979 on: February 11, 2016, 12:34:39 PM »
Cone Carma
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3980 on: February 11, 2016, 12:59:53 PM »

This has to be asked, but was it cone lady?

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3981 on: February 11, 2016, 01:08:30 PM »
Brian, you give her the Blue Steel look or something?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3982 on: February 11, 2016, 01:09:36 PM »
Blue Steel look?  More like the Steel Panther look.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3983 on: February 11, 2016, 01:11:42 PM »
Unbelievable.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3984 on: February 11, 2016, 01:17:17 PM »
Blue Steel look?  More like the Steel Panther look.

If this were the case she's be flashing him.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3985 on: February 11, 2016, 01:17:43 PM »
Then he's not doing it right.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3986 on: February 11, 2016, 01:20:12 PM »
I literally didn't say a word.

First the lady started shit talking the weatherman on the television. Then, during a commercial, as I'm eating my pizza, I hear her saying something like "Look at you. You useless fuck. Look at your self". She went on for another minute or so. I then turned my head and stared her down. She continued. I pulled out my phone and just let it go.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3987 on: February 11, 2016, 01:20:48 PM »
I did nothing at the Steel Panther concert and it was tits abound!

Brian you need to let us here it.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3988 on: February 11, 2016, 01:27:57 PM »
I literally didn't say a word.

First the lady started shit talking the weatherman on the television. Then, during a commercial, as I'm eating my pizza, I hear her saying something like "Look at you. You useless fuck. Look at your self". She went on for another minute or so. I then turned my head and stared her down. She continued. I pulled out my phone and just let it go.

That's everyday on the subway. There's always some wacko ranting about something. The best was this old guy who broke the complete silence like this..

"Lesbians...lesbians are responsible for all the wrong in the world. Lesbians...yes I said it. Lesbians...you dirty rapscallions. Yes I said it...lesbians. Stop kissing each other and kiss my big beautiful black lips."

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3989 on: February 11, 2016, 01:37:02 PM »
I did nothing at the Steel Panther concert and it was tits abound!

Brian you need to let us here it.

I have a video of it. Unfortunately, I only recorded about 1:30. She went on for a a good 5 or 6 minutes, but my phone ran out of storage. I eventually started calling her out on her shit saying things like "I'd like to thank you for completely ruining my lunch" and "I'm not the one sitting in a pizza joint pounding vodka and Heineken at 11:30 in the morning". She eventually started crying a whaling saying things like "I'm trying to save you!" and "You'll never forgive me will you".

I dropped this on her table as I left.