DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese

Started by ariich, November 23, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Prog Snob

What I'm missing is weather warmer than it is here.  :biggrin:

Podrick, I didn't get a chance to check out the Mercedes. I was stuck in the office until about 11 and then they sent me out to Queens. I actually have to go back again today.

Podaar

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 10, 2016, 04:59:03 AM

Podrick, I didn't get a chance to check out the Mercedes. I was stuck in the office until about 11 and then they sent me out to Queens. I actually have to go back again today.

No worries, mang. Zero expectations, equals zero disappointments. I just thought it might be cool if you had time and the inclination.

I think the dealer has assigned a rookie salesman to the internet sales...he's fairly incompetent.  :lol

BlobVanDam

Podaar

BlobVanDam

Sup Pod. Just started up the computer for the day. It was too hot today, so I just did nothing on the laptop instead. It's not much use for anything but watching videos online.

King Postwhore

:lol

Sup. 

How lazy are we now that we abbreviate short words now.  I blame cell phones.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 10, 2016, 05:14:17 AM

Sup. 

How lazy are we now that we abbreviate short words now.  I blame cell phones.

I hope that's a rhetorical question/statement, because I'm far too lazy to answer it.

King Postwhore

We've all done it.  Shorthand is getting out of control.  I'd blame you Blob but like you said........

BlobVanDam

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 10, 2016, 05:28:21 AM

We've all done it.  Shorthand is getting out of control.  I'd blame you Blob but like you said........

Don't blame me! I only use shorthand slang for comedic effect!

King Postwhore

Prog Snob

Quote from: Podaar on February 10, 2016, 05:04:17 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 10, 2016, 04:59:03 AM

No worries, mang. Zero expectations, equals zero disappointments. I just thought it might be cool if you had time and the inclination.

I think the dealer has assigned a rookie salesman to the internet sales...he's fairly incompetent.  :lol

I'll see where I wind up today. This site is giving us a hard time and it's using extremely old technology which I told them to replace. They're using this antiquated multistation or media access unit (MAU) which always needs to be reset to clear the errors off the line. I was trying to find a photo for it but I couldn't find one.

Podaar

Prog Snob

I would think that since my department is responsible for the communication equipment pertaining to the revenue for the MTA that they would want top of the line equipment and security to ensure better protection of the data. Nope. We just upgraded every subway site to "new"CSU/DSUs. However the technology is fifteen years old.  :facepalm:

ariich

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 10, 2016, 05:28:21 AM

stfu

Anyway so all over England junior doctors are on strike. The whole situation is pretty bonkers.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Podaar

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 10, 2016, 05:51:10 AM
I would think that since my department is responsible for the communication equipment pertaining to the revenue for the MTA that they would want top of the line equipment and security to ensure better protection of the data. Nope. We just upgraded every subway site to "new"CSU/DSUs. However the technology is fifteen years old.  :facepalm:

There are a lot of English words in that quote but somehow I still don't understand it.

Podaar

Quote from: ariich on February 10, 2016, 06:10:12 AM
Anyway so all over England junior doctors are on strike. The whole situation is pretty bonkers.

Bad working conditions? Junior Doctor labor camps? What's their beef?

ariich

Quote from: Podaar on February 10, 2016, 06:12:17 AM
Quote from: ariich on February 10, 2016, 06:10:12 AM

Bad working conditions? Junior Doctor labor camps? What's their beef?
New contracts that the government is trying to introduce. The government wants the health service to be more of a full 7-day service, rather than full service in the week with emergency cover and some additional cover at weekends, which is the case in many places at the moment. One thing it wants to do is change Saturdays to "normal" working days that get paid at normal rate, but then increase basic pay by 11% to mostly compensate. As far as I can tell, this is the only remaining sticking point in the discussions - the doctors union refuses to accept that Saturdays should be normal working days. Basically the union insists that a lot of junior doctors will get a pay cut overall, while the government insists that 99% will get paid the same or more on the new contracts. And because nobody seems to want to actually publish their analysis, it's hard to know who is accurate.

But really, when it comes down to it, it's all just bullshit politics.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Prog Snob

Quote from: Podaar on February 10, 2016, 06:11:10 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 10, 2016, 05:51:10 AM

There are a lot of English words in that quote but somehow I still don't understand it.

Basically, we use outdated technology when we should be using something more reliable and secure because one of the networks my department manages is responsible for transporting the data from the payment systems, specifically those metro card machines.

BlobVanDam

I've spent a couple of hours trying to get this damn exporter to work, and nothing works. It's supposed to export a 3D scene to a VRML file, and I've tried 3 entirely different methods I've found online, but nothing works at all. Screw it.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

King Postwhore

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

ASacrificedSon

Hey Willis, hey King, how are you guys on this fine day?

King Postwhore

That's not Hef's name. :lol  That's a line from an 80's sitcom, "Different Strokes".

We're just old farts with in jokes. :lol

Podaar

ASacrificedSon

Oh oops!
You guys aren't that old though!

King Postwhore

Sir GuitarCozmo

Going to a hockey game tonight.  The local team, Hershey Bears are playing Bridgeport.  Should be cool.

JayOctavarium

King Postwhore

Sir GuitarCozmo

Went to one last year and had a great time.  A buddy of mine is big into hockey and said "If you think that was fast-paced or hard to follow, the NHL teams make these guys look like they're skating on molasses."

King Postwhore

It's true.  The speed in the NHL is insane.

Sir GuitarCozmo

Philly is our closest NHL team and Philly can f*ck right the hell off.  :lol  I'd go to a Flyers game just to cheer for the opposing team.  But then again, I'd do that at an Eagles game or a Phillies game.

However, any one of those instances may land me in the ER.

TAC

Quote from: Sir GuitarCozmo on February 10, 2016, 09:30:14 AM
Going to a hockey game tonight.  The local team, Hershey Bears are playing Bridgeport.  Should be cool.

Awesome. Since Boston Bruins tix are so damn expensive, we go to see the Providence Bruins a couple times a year. Always a great time.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol