Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 319204 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #3640 on: February 06, 2016, 04:50:45 AM »
I co ldn'  ima ine hav ng to work w th  he in er et  hat way!   ust be  ery  rust at ng
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3641 on: February 06, 2016, 04:51:55 AM »
 :lol at jingle

Morning, gents.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3642 on: February 06, 2016, 05:01:11 AM »
I just searched the internet, and it looks like my ISP has lost their main overseas line to some kind of major fault and the estimated time it will be fixed is March 7. :| FUCK THAT. I can't do anything on the internet right now, I can't put up with this shit for another whole month.
Telstra has had the same problem since like September last year. It's gotten better but it's still problematic (it's mostly just occasional lag spikes now, every couple of minutes). Those fuckers haven't even bothered giving an ETA on when everything will be normal. So quit yer bitchin'. :P

That sucks. I'd expect Telstra to be on the ball for infrastructure. I expect this from TPG though, since they're leasing a lot of their lines from others (ie. Telstra :lol) and are cheaper because they skimp on backup and support. Which is fine 99% of the time, this unfortunately is the 1% though.
I was looking to see if it was worth switching ISPs, but Tesltra is too expensive, Optus tells me I can't get shit with them, iinet doesn't give any decent plans without bundling with phone crap that bloats the price. Most other ISPs just seem like crap to me and not worth trying.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3643 on: February 06, 2016, 05:07:45 AM »
I co ldn'  ima ine hav ng to work w th  he in er et  hat way!   ust be  ery  rust at ng

When did I take over your body?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3644 on: February 06, 2016, 05:08:19 AM »
:lol

jingle.king
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3645 on: February 06, 2016, 05:12:01 AM »
That sucks. I'd expect Telstra to be on the ball for infrastructure. I expect this from TPG though, since they're leasing a lot of their lines from others (ie. Telstra :lol) and are cheaper because they skimp on backup and support. Which is fine 99% of the time, this unfortunately is the 1% though.
I was looking to see if it was worth switching ISPs, but Tesltra is too expensive, Optus tells me I can't get shit with them, iinet doesn't let you get a plan without bundling with phone crap that bloats the price beyond usefulness and confuses me. Most other ISPs just seem like crap to me and not worth trying.
The last time I checked iiNet the phone bundle just reduced the price, so that's pretty lame if you can't get any plans from them without it now. And yeah Telstra has the infrastructure, but they're lazy and don't give a shit. :lol

When the problem started for me I was doing traceroutes and found that all of my connections to the US were being routed through SEA and Europe instead of going through the Southern Cross cable as usual. It meant I could do simple web browsing without too much difficulty (it'd just take slightly longer to load pages) but downloads were a lot slower and streaming impossible. Is your traffic being routed through Europe or is it still going through the Southern Cross? It might explain why your situation is currently shittier than mine.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3646 on: February 06, 2016, 05:17:23 AM »
I was looking to see if it was worth switching ISPs, but Tesltra is too expensive, Optus tells me I can't get shit with them, iinet doesn't let you get a plan without bundling with phone crap that bloats the price beyond usefulness and confuses me. Most other ISPs just seem like crap to me and not worth trying.
The last time I checked iiNet the phone bundle just reduced the price, so that's pretty lame if you can't get any plans from them without it now. And yeah Telstra has the infrastructure, but they're lazy and don't give a shit. :lol

When the problem started for me I was doing traceroutes and found that all of my connections to the US were being routed through SEA and Europe instead of going through the Southern Cross cable as usual. It meant I could do simple web browsing without too much difficulty (it'd just take slightly longer to load pages) but downloads were a lot slower and streaming impossible. Is your traffic being routed through Europe or is it still going through the Southern Cross? It might explain why your situation is currently shittier than mine.

I read about it but can't remember, and haven't checked it myself, but my experience sounds similar to yours. I can load pages mostly fine, although some take several seconds longer. I haven't been able to download a single file all day though, not even a 7mb MP3 file. Downloads go at literally dialup speeds, and just fizzle out after a few hundred KB's. I can't go a month without being able to download any files. It's 2016.

I was mistaken on iinet, I can do it without any phone stuff, but without the phone stuff, the prices are hugely beyond ridiculous. With the phone plans, the price is only slightly beyond ridiculous. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3647 on: February 06, 2016, 05:19:04 AM »
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:29:29 AM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3648 on: February 06, 2016, 05:25:21 AM »
I read about it but can't remember, and haven't checked it myself, but my experience sounds similar to yours. I can load pages mostly fine, although some take several seconds longer. I haven't been able to download a single file all day though, not even a 7mb MP3 file. Downloads go at literally dialup speeds, and just fizzle out after a few hundred KB's. I can't go a month without being able to download any files. It's 2016.
Yeah, I had that for a few weeks. My ping was over 300ms before I even left the Telstra servers any time I traced a US-based server. Then I also had the lag spikes on top of that taking it up over 1000ms about twice per minute. It was completely fucked. Things got better once my traffic started to be routed through Europe, although even now I still can't stream video from US servers for shit. Even Spotify occasionally skips or has difficulty buffering.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3649 on: February 06, 2016, 05:32:17 AM »
Yeah, I had that for a few weeks. My ping was over 300ms before I even left the Telstra servers any time I traced a US-based server. Then I also had the lag spikes on top of that taking it up over 1000ms about twice per minute. It was completely fucked. Things got better once my traffic started to be routed through Europe, although even now I still can't stream video from US servers for shit. Even Spotify occasionally skips or has difficulty buffering.

Sounds like my Spotify experience at the best of times. :lol
I'm not fussy, I can do without good streaming video for a month, I just want internet that actually works, I don't mind if it's slower. I literally cannot download a single file at all right now.
My speedtest to the closest server is as fast as usual. My speedtest to a random server in NY gives me a ping of 294ms, download speed of 0.20 megabit/s. Server in the UK was 400ms, 0.02mb/s

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3650 on: February 06, 2016, 07:23:05 AM »
Morning guys, 4 days until vacation!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3651 on: February 06, 2016, 09:56:46 AM »
Morning guys

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
  • Take me far away, to the ends of this earth.
« Reply #3652 on: February 06, 2016, 09:57:25 AM »
Morning guys, 4 days until vacation!
Morning guys

Morning! How are your days?
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3653 on: February 06, 2016, 10:07:20 AM »
Sitting here with the spawn and watching tv. How about yourself?

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #3654 on: February 06, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »
Sitting here with the spawn and watching tv. How about yourself?

Getting ready to volunteer! What show are you watching with your kid?
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3655 on: February 06, 2016, 10:19:15 AM »
Big Bang Theory.  Where are you volunteering?

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #3656 on: February 06, 2016, 10:23:20 AM »
Network at Good.
I help people with mental disabilities.
What prompted me to do that was actually Dream Theater's SDOIT. Shocking right? Probably not. I've seen people do bad and mock them and it just broke my heart.
I'm helping Brian and he has bipolar and ADHD. We're getting along well and I'm happy just to see him smile.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3657 on: February 06, 2016, 10:35:59 AM »
That's amazing. I know what you're dealing with. My daughter is a special needs child and I've been to her school. It breaks my heart seeing these kids.

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #3658 on: February 06, 2016, 10:48:04 AM »
Thank you. Yes, sometimes I wish that the ones who tease those mentally ill kids would actually try suffering from mental illness. It's not those kids faults that they are suffering. Honestly, sometimes I lose faith I humanity, but at least there are groups and people who help.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3659 on: February 06, 2016, 11:54:35 AM »
Pretty good, just worked and watching some youtube videos. Afternoon guys.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3660 on: February 06, 2016, 01:10:53 PM »
Thank you. Yes, sometimes I wish that the ones who tease those mentally ill kids would actually try suffering from mental illness. It's not those kids faults that they are suffering. Honestly, sometimes I lose faith I humanity, but at least there are groups and people who help.

We all lose faith in humanity from time to time. It's just the world we live in these days. People are selfish and apathetic.

Pretty good, just worked and watching some youtube videos. Afternoon guys.

What's up, Reap?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3661 on: February 06, 2016, 02:33:09 PM »
Just posted my quick opinion on The Astonishing on the DT side of the forum, probably going to get torn apart.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3662 on: February 06, 2016, 04:08:55 PM »
If you do, Reaper, it's because your wrong.  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3663 on: February 06, 2016, 04:22:16 PM »
I assume you didn't profess your desire to make mad passionate love with it, or offer to have it's babies, or confirm that you would drink the blood of a virgin at the stroke of midnight just for the chance to hear it one more time?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3664 on: February 06, 2016, 04:26:21 PM »
So I'm currently listening to the new Rhapsody.

So power, much cheese, yeah.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3665 on: February 06, 2016, 04:40:51 PM »
So I'm currently listening to the new Rhapsody.

So power, much cheese, yeah.

I listened to it already. It's good but they're not as good as they used to be.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3666 on: February 06, 2016, 04:52:57 PM »
True, true. Both bands really lost something went Turili and Starapoli went seperate ways. Shame though, From Chaos to Eternity is amazing.

At least this one is better than Dark Wings of Steel though.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3667 on: February 06, 2016, 05:03:50 PM »

I just want to repost this like I'm throwing rocks in a glass house and giggling like a school girl.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3668 on: February 06, 2016, 05:05:35 PM »
Seriously. Losing those two was a major blow to the band. Dark Wings didn't do much for me either. Now Fabio is writing the lyrics. I really enjoyed Luca's songwriting so naturally his solo material as Luca Turilli's Rhapsody impressed me more than the latest Rhapsody of Fire releases.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3669 on: February 06, 2016, 05:51:19 PM »
I assume you didn't profess your desire to make mad passionate love with it, or offer to have it's babies, or confirm that you would drink the blood of a virgin at the stroke of midnight just for the chance to hear it one more time?

Pretty much :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3670 on: February 06, 2016, 05:52:28 PM »
For what it's worth, I'd drink the blood of a virgin whether or not I got to hear the CD.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3671 on: February 06, 2016, 07:18:32 PM »
I like that Prog, equal opportunity.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3672 on: February 06, 2016, 07:37:42 PM »
For what it's worth, I'd drink the blood of a virgin whether or not I got to hear the CD.

Like it's the first time you proclaimed this.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3673 on: February 06, 2016, 08:44:59 PM »

I just want to repost this like I'm throwing rocks in a glass house and giggling like a school girl.

My point of that post was to raz Blob, and the fact his internet was only working "50% of the time".  At least Gregg got it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3674 on: February 06, 2016, 08:45:50 PM »
I did to.  Thats why I didn't sign it.