Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 323687 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #3185 on: February 01, 2016, 06:15:57 AM »
Morning king!

Blob, I like the weathered look of the step on the viewer.

Morning.

I kinda phoned it in there, but it turned out ok. Now I have to finish off the background. And then the fun begins. :blob:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3186 on: February 01, 2016, 06:34:12 AM »
I'll look forward to seeing the background.

I assume the fun you speak of is animation?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3187 on: February 01, 2016, 06:40:27 AM »

Yes it is. :hat
I'm trying to make more Youtube videos this year, and this is one I want to get done. It's going to be a bit of a movie mashup.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3188 on: February 01, 2016, 06:45:25 AM »

I'm trying to make more Youtube videos this year, and this is one I want to get done. It's going to be a bit of a movie mashup.

Terminator + Pretty Woman?

"Nice night for a walk, eh?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3189 on: February 01, 2016, 06:46:54 AM »
Oh!  Very interesting Blob!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3190 on: February 01, 2016, 06:51:11 AM »
Oh, and whatever you do, it better involve a Bill Paxton movie.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3191 on: February 01, 2016, 06:51:50 AM »

Terminator + Pretty Woman?

"Nice night for a walk, eh?

:lol I posted part of the second half a few weeks back. But I'll keep that one in mind for future.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3192 on: February 01, 2016, 06:54:12 AM »
Maybe when you look threw it you see Bobby looking for the tiki god. :biggrin:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3193 on: February 01, 2016, 07:18:21 AM »
Oh, hi.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3194 on: February 01, 2016, 07:34:46 AM »
Morning Hef.  You having a SB party at your house or over a friends?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3195 on: February 01, 2016, 07:40:39 AM »
Morning Hef.  You having a SB party at your house or over a friends?
Our house.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3196 on: February 01, 2016, 07:43:05 AM »
Very cool. Enjoy the whole day.  It's a fun but nervous time. The anticipation is unreal.  Then the game starts and you will be on your edge of your seat.   

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3197 on: February 01, 2016, 07:51:27 AM »
I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3198 on: February 01, 2016, 07:56:31 AM »
Man, every Monday is more difficult than the last. I feel like a dead and empty shell for 10 hours a day.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3199 on: February 01, 2016, 07:58:53 AM »
Welcome to adulthood.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3200 on: February 01, 2016, 08:05:47 AM »
It was a cluster fuck working on the bathroom yesterday then come into a kid not showing up to work.  2 weeks into being hired and 2 temps not showing up.  Yup.  Mondays suck.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3201 on: February 01, 2016, 09:42:29 AM »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3202 on: February 01, 2016, 11:06:16 AM »
We're in the age of the keyboard warrior.

I was watching a panel show on youtube. ( QI if anyone knows it ). And one of the 4 guests happened to be an impressionist. So of course - inevitably they did an impression at one point with no

prompting, like al impressionists on any tv show feel compelled to do. I commented ( my mistake I know ) that impressionists cannot go on tv to be interviewed or on a game show or anything

*without* doing an impression.

Got a fuck ton of abuse from keyboard warriors calling me sexist because the impressionist in question happened to be female :rollin.

*makes a comment about impressionists*

*gets called sexist*

:rollin.

I hate all this walking on eggshells bullshit that's going on at the moment. And don't get me started on CisGender :lolpalm:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3203 on: February 01, 2016, 11:18:56 AM »
Dear Lord

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3204 on: February 01, 2016, 11:22:07 AM »
 :corn

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3205 on: February 01, 2016, 11:27:18 AM »
I just Googled CisGender. What the actual fuck? Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I don't get all this gender stuff. So much unnecessary crap and wasted resources.

I'm sure not identifying with what you have between your legs is difficult, but some of the stuff I see is just ridiculous. I read something a while back about a girl that made herself look like a dude. She wrote this crazy long sob story about how she can't legally use the guys' bathroom, but when she goes in the girls' bathroom, she gets all kinds of looks. Finding a place to go to the bathroom was hard for her. If she couldn't find a single stall unisex bathroom, she couldn't go. Please. Just go in the guys' bathroom. As long as you don't approach a guy and say "Hey, I'm actually a girl" or try to use the urninal in reverse, no one is ever going to know the difference.

I went to a Starbucks on the way to DC a few weeks ago (not for the coffee, I had to piss). I was initially confused because there were no male or female bathrooms. Just generic bathrooms. I didn't really have a problem with that initially. The first bathroom door's latch was set to occupied, the other wasn't. I walked up, put my ear near the door, and knocked. I waited a second and no one said anything. I open the door and there's a little girl, maybe four or five years old, just sitting on the toilet. I closed the door immediately and left the building. Luckily there wasn't a dad or something in there with her. I've opened the door a little boys going to the bathroom (that sounds so terribly wrong) before when they don't respond to a knock, and didn't think a whole lot of it. I was actually afraid after opening the door on the girl.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3206 on: February 01, 2016, 11:28:13 AM »
As far as I'm aware : Cis Gender is someone who was born male / female and continues to live and identify as that gender.

:rollin LMAO. There's now a NAME for that ?!

Fuckin LOL.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3207 on: February 01, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »
As far as I'm aware : Cis Gender is someone who was born male / female and continues to live and identify as that gender.

Fuckin LOL.
That was my reaction.  And I discussed it in a thread here (I guess in the P/R section).

Cisgender is apparently a term made up for "normal" people so that other-gendered people don't feel non-normal.  That's the most I can get from it.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3208 on: February 01, 2016, 11:38:49 AM »
There's that side of it BUT we're living in an era of - everyone is out to scream oppression for the slightest misdemeanour.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3209 on: February 01, 2016, 11:42:22 AM »

Fuckin LOL.
That was my reaction.  And I discussed it in a thread here (I guess in the P/R section).

Cisgender is apparently a term made up for "normal" people so that other-gendered people don't feel non-normal.  That's the most I can get from it.

Maybe coming from a straight male what I'm about to say will come off as dickish, but what's so hard about acknowledging you have a defect? We have, genetically, two sexes for a species. With these sexes come behavioral traits. This is fact and can be observed literally anywhere in nature. Sometimes, through unexpected genetic anomalies, those traits don't express themselves as they were intended. It's not a bad thing or a thing to be ashamed of. It's just life and biology.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3210 on: February 01, 2016, 11:46:25 AM »
If a group of people all wanted to have an arm lopped off - we'd need a name for people who didn't feel the need to have an arm chopped off. . .

Cis-Pedaled..::) :lol

Offline Peace and Love

« Reply #3211 on: February 01, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »
If a group of people all wanted to have an arm lopped off - we'd need a name for people who didn't feel the need to have an arm chopped off. . .

While I agree with you all, one could pose the same question in another way: are you against the term "heterosexual"?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3212 on: February 01, 2016, 11:54:49 AM »

While I agree with you all, one could pose the same question in another way: are you against the term "heterosexual"?
I don't think that's the same thing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3213 on: February 01, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »
I guess not. And of course i've got nothing against gay people.

It's more about a very small group of people wanting attention and everyone having to change the way they act around them for fear of getting called anti-whatever.

And Heterosexual just says " i'm straight ".

CisGendered means " i was born this gender and at some point I havent felt the need to undergo surgery to change that ".

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3214 on: February 01, 2016, 11:56:21 AM »

No. It's a term used to describe one who is attracted to a member of the opposite sex. Why would someone be against that?

Offline Peace and Love

« Reply #3215 on: February 01, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »

How come? I think the principle is the same: once a term was coined to non-offensively describe a group of people with a non-conventional preference, an antonym was coined to describe the convention for convenience.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3216 on: February 01, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »
Say a new type of person is discovered : they're attracted to both genders but still maintain a celibate lifestyle.

Is everyone who is hetero and in a hetero relationship now NON - the new thing ?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3217 on: February 01, 2016, 12:00:54 PM »
It's just ...people wanting attention for being different and calling out anyone who disagrees with being labelled; as "prejudiced".

Offline Peace and Love

« Reply #3218 on: February 01, 2016, 12:02:36 PM »
Say a new type of person is discovered : they're attracted to both genders but still maintain a celibate lifestyle.

Is everyone who is hetero and in a hetero relationship now NON - the new thing ?

Haha, as I said, I actually agree with you and am merely playing devil's advocate.

However I also think that this is all a question of context. It's very hard for me to answer your hypothetical question because it seems absurd. But if in the future a sizeable group of people follows this lifestyle, we might well have to coin a new term. After all, the term "heterosexual" only came into use in 1868 as an opposite for "homosexual" (so says Wikipedia).

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3219 on: February 01, 2016, 12:03:23 PM »

How come? I think the principle is the same: once a term was coined to non-offensively describe a group of people with a non-conventional preference, an antonym was coined to describe the convention for convenience.
There is already a term for "cisgender".  It is "normal."

It's OK not to be normal.  That's what tolerance and acceptance are for.  But that doesn't mean we have to come up with a new word for "normal" to make the non-normal feel better.