Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 323984 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #1820 on: January 08, 2016, 05:22:27 PM »
So, I had an interesting day!

Right after my last post in this thread, I noticed that I couldn't read Hef's response. I kept leaning closer and closer to the monitor but I couldn't make sense out of what he wrote. Then when I looked across the hall (out my office door), I realized that I really couldn't see anything. It was like all the light was entering my eyes but my brain just could make any detail out of the patterns.

The service manager came into my office and started talking to me. Almost instantly he realized something was wrong and took me to the hospital. By the time we got there my vision had returned and I felt fine. They did a shitload of tests (blood, urine, CT scan, etc.) and pronounced me healthy.

As near as any of us can figure, I had a complex Migraine! They gave me a prescription for Imitrex, a pat on the ass, and showed me the door.

Man this old age crap is the worst.  We can't even figure out anything going on with us.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1821 on: January 08, 2016, 05:38:31 PM »
There was a day when I would have completely ignored it...in fact, I'm sure that if the Service Manager hadn't insisted (he called Mrs. P too) I probably would have waited it out. Still, I don't mind admitting it had me pretty wound up. Ever since my cancer episode I've been a bit more paranoid about aches and pains. I never used to see a doctor and now I get a physical and blood work done twice per year.

Oh well, I'm pretty pragmatic about it all. You don't get 54 years on this planet without a few bumps along the way.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1822 on: January 08, 2016, 05:39:39 PM »
It's just plain weird to wake up and your knee is hurting and you have no clue how it happened.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1823 on: January 08, 2016, 05:48:00 PM »
Using your knees too much?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1824 on: January 08, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »
No.  The new one is both achilles are sore.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1825 on: January 08, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1826 on: January 08, 2016, 06:06:16 PM »
I saw that movie. It was ok.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1827 on: January 08, 2016, 06:06:34 PM »
Prog, I love you like my own baby brother, I really do but I also really don't understand you.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1828 on: January 08, 2016, 06:07:19 PM »
Prog, I love you like my own baby brother, I really do but I also really don't understand you.

:lol

What can I clear up for you? 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1829 on: January 08, 2016, 06:07:43 PM »

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1830 on: January 08, 2016, 06:10:32 PM »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1831 on: January 08, 2016, 06:12:12 PM »

With a quick glance, I thought you looked like Fish. 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1832 on: January 08, 2016, 06:13:21 PM »
Which would be perfectly terrific if I knew who that is.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1833 on: January 08, 2016, 06:13:44 PM »
Marillion's first singer.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1834 on: January 08, 2016, 06:14:35 PM »
Ah ha!

What a fantastically handsome bloke!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1835 on: January 08, 2016, 06:17:25 PM »
Ah ha!

What a fantastically handsome bloke!

See, I just became a bit more sane to you.   ;)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1836 on: January 08, 2016, 06:20:16 PM »
Troy is awesome what the hell

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1837 on: January 08, 2016, 06:25:48 PM »
The fight scene between Achilles and Hector was great.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1838 on: January 08, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »
Hahaha...for a second I thought BlackInk was calling you (Prog) Troy and was berating me for being mean to you.

But, yes, Troy is awesome. What the actual hell?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1839 on: January 08, 2016, 06:31:04 PM »
Hahaha...for a second I thought BlackInk was calling you (Prog) Troy and was berating me for being mean to you.

But, yes, Troy is awesome. What the actual hell?

I think King just suffered from extreme auto-correct.   :lol

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1840 on: January 08, 2016, 06:33:13 PM »
Yeah King stop insulting Troty, he's the best guy on this forum.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1841 on: January 08, 2016, 06:35:18 PM »
I think he was talking about politicians...

King, stop making fun of Trotsky.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1842 on: January 08, 2016, 07:09:19 PM »
Trotsky off. :lol

I leave for one hour.  One! :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1843 on: January 08, 2016, 07:17:30 PM »
Okay, this photo is 3000 x 4000. I wonder if I can find one bigger.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:36:39 PM by Prog Snob »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1844 on: January 08, 2016, 07:18:54 PM »
Edit this. :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1845 on: January 08, 2016, 07:38:51 PM »
Good evening.

I get paid twice a month.

And it seems that I have had paycheck issues twice a month for the last few months.

Not only is my paycheck late (Direct Deposit should'a been deposited this morning).

But it wasn't..

And when it does come in, I am going to be missing some Overtime.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1846 on: January 08, 2016, 07:40:19 PM »
That is illegal.   

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1847 on: January 08, 2016, 07:45:34 PM »
It was an issue (both were really) with the payroll company. The owed money is getting put in the mail on Monday.

It's just annoying.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1848 on: January 08, 2016, 07:46:15 PM »
Good evening.

I get paid twice a month.

And it seems that I have had paycheck issues twice a month for the last few months.

Not only is my paycheck late (Direct Deposit should'a been deposited this morning).

But it wasn't..

And when it does come in, I am going to be missing some Overtime.

Talk to the payroll department. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1849 on: January 08, 2016, 07:47:55 PM »
There's no payroll department. Company is too tiny. They feed the hours into ADP and ADP takes care of it all. It's funny because they've been using ADP for a year and a half and issues just started cropping up. The owner of my company is even talking about giving them the boot and finding another company.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1850 on: January 08, 2016, 08:05:42 PM »
We used ADP for our cards. They have deadlines.   What they are going is illegal and your boss needs to push this issue.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1851 on: January 08, 2016, 08:13:00 PM »
He actually met with somone from ADP a week or so ago regarding these issues. He's pissed. These issues have been affecting a lot of people across the company. I believe him for the most part on this because the times that the pay has been delayed, his own salary payment doesnt go through.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1852 on: January 09, 2016, 05:20:08 AM »
So, I had an interesting day!

As near as any of us can figure, I had a complex Migraine! They gave me a prescription for Imitrex, a pat on the ass, and showed me the door.

I get what's called a Scintillating Scotoma a few times a year.  As best as I can describe it, it's like a fist sized distortion just in my direct visual path, but on the left side only.  It looks like the reflection of the moon off of a clear lake.  Over the course of about 30-40 minutes, it gradually continues to move left, until it's gone.  The first time it happened, back in 2007, I was freaked the hell out.  I was in a business review at work, and I couldn't see the words on the slide that I was looking directly at.  I had perfect vision for everything else, but whatever I was looking directly at, all I could see was this shimmering 'moon'.  No pain with these migraines luckily.  A few years back, I got about 3 of them in a 2 month period, so I went and saw my GP.  He instantly diagnosed it as this, and told me to go home.  Nothing to see here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma

Sound familiar Gregg?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1853 on: January 09, 2016, 05:21:54 AM »
I've never heardent of that.  Must be scary the first time.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1854 on: January 09, 2016, 05:28:49 AM »
I've never heardent of that.  Must be scary the first time.

Ayup.  Had one happen once while I was driving.  It's kinda distracting, but I wouldn't call it dangerous.  I have clear vision in like 95% of my visual field, just a shiny object at whatever I look at.  When I was driving, it wasn't like I couldn't see the car ahead of me, I just couldn't read the license plate if I was looking directly at it.  I describe it to people by holding my left arm straight out, and making a fist.  That's this size of the distortion, and where it starts... then it just keeps moving left until it's completely gone.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion