Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 323844 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #1750 on: January 07, 2016, 03:17:35 PM »
Best of luck, Jay!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1751 on: January 07, 2016, 03:23:16 PM »
Thanks!

It's a bottom of the totem pole job, processing welfare apps, but its a foot in the door. I have a friend who has worked with the county for like 10 years, who has been working his way up, who started the same way as I am trying.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1752 on: January 07, 2016, 03:24:21 PM »
Crossing fingers Jay.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1753 on: January 07, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »
Mrs. P started as a receptionist for our County government nearly 30 years ago. She kept at her schooling all the while and eventually rose to an appointed position of CAO. It's been a good career and she's been able to fight the good fight for all of us taxpayers! Don't ever let anyone convince you that 'bureaucrat' is a dirty word. It doesn't have to be!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1754 on: January 07, 2016, 03:35:51 PM »
I'm stoked for the possibility of a job where I can really move up. Plus, decent pay and benefits. I am stuck right now... and the responsibilities and stress are starting to pile up. I am making $12 an hour right now, for a job that should be paying $16+. Feels bad man.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1755 on: January 07, 2016, 03:41:47 PM »
:JayOctavarium:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1756 on: January 07, 2016, 04:04:45 PM »
The court case is finally over. They dropped two of the tickets and only charged me with reckless driving. My New Jersey driving privileges have been suspended for three months, and I had to pay the fine which was $239. It could have been so much worse.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1757 on: January 07, 2016, 04:06:17 PM »
The court case is finally over. They dropped two of the tickets and only charged me with reckless driving. My New Jersey driving privileges have been suspended for three months, and I had to pay the fine which was $239. It could have been so much worse.

:hug:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1758 on: January 07, 2016, 04:09:03 PM »
Glad to hear it turned out as well as could be expected, Prog. Or, at least, that is my takeaway from your post.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1759 on: January 07, 2016, 04:19:31 PM »

:hug:

:blush

Glad to hear it turned out as well as could be expected, Prog. Or, at least, that is my takeaway from your post.

You read it right. I could have faced more fines, longer loss of license suspension plus losing it in NY, community service, and having to take a substance abuse course.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1760 on: January 07, 2016, 04:20:43 PM »
Today is Roy Batty Day.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1761 on: January 07, 2016, 04:54:07 PM »
Good news John.

You know your getting old when you wear socks to bed and you need to lotion your body every night.  When did I become my wife?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1762 on: January 07, 2016, 05:01:20 PM »
You know your getting old when you wear socks to bed and you need to lotion your body every night.  When did I become my wife?

Better keep doin it, or you'll get the hose again.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1763 on: January 07, 2016, 05:05:55 PM »
I'm so jelly if your wife gets to lotion you ever night. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1764 on: January 07, 2016, 05:26:09 PM »

She would say the opposite.  :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1765 on: January 07, 2016, 05:29:41 PM »

She would say the opposite.  :lol

If she read any of the exchanges between us or some others, she might have you certified.  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1766 on: January 07, 2016, 06:01:29 PM »
She reads. I show her. :lol

Her response to all of us.

"You nerds".

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1767 on: January 07, 2016, 06:03:06 PM »
Well, she definitely got that right.  :blob:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1768 on: January 07, 2016, 06:13:00 PM »
If anyone is curious, 'Rogering' is not the best word one can use when propositioning one's wife.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1769 on: January 07, 2016, 06:24:03 PM »
I tell her the power plant needs a valve released.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1770 on: January 07, 2016, 07:11:25 PM »
It's time to release the poison

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1771 on: January 07, 2016, 07:13:34 PM »
She stays away from that.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1772 on: January 07, 2016, 07:18:16 PM »
The band? Or yours?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1773 on: January 07, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »
Good luck Jay at getting a new job.

Sucks about the suspension Prog and the fine but like you said it could've been worse but wasn't :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1774 on: January 07, 2016, 07:29:14 PM »
The band? Or yours?

The poison.   Lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1775 on: January 07, 2016, 08:22:28 PM »
Good luck Jay at getting a new job.

Sucks about the suspension Prog and the fine but like you said it could've been worse but wasn't :)

I was going to go see Nightwish in a couple of weeks, but now I can't.  They're playing in NJ.   :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1776 on: January 08, 2016, 05:21:18 AM »
Morning.

Wow, Blob hasn't posted in this thread in over 24 hours. His connection must really be shit today!  :)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1777 on: January 08, 2016, 05:26:18 AM »
Morning.

Wow, Blob hasn't posted in this thread in over 24 hours. His connection must really be shit today!  :)

:lol Yes, but that's not the reason. I actually have a ton of work to do, and I'm purposely trying to stay away from the internet, and failing pretty badly at it.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1778 on: January 08, 2016, 05:28:57 AM »
Morning

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1779 on: January 08, 2016, 05:34:04 AM »
I couldn't help but notice that you've been teasing the kids next door. Bosk1 is barely keeping the lid on things now as it is: Now you and Noxon just cranked up the heat.

I really, don't like reading that thread...it's like a train-wreck at glacier speed, though. I can't tear my eyes away from the disaster.

Oh, and morning, Prog.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1780 on: January 08, 2016, 05:39:33 AM »
I couldn't help but notice that you've been teasing the kids next door. Bosk1 is barely keeping the lid on things now as it is: Now you and Noxon just cranked up the heat.

I really, don't like reading that thread...it's like a train-wreck at glacier speed, though. I can't tear my eyes away from the disaster.

Oh, and morning, Prog.

Morning, Pod.

Yeah, that Astonishing thread is just a mess. I try to read through it but it's like a class of 1st graders all trying to talk at once and nobody is making any sense. Then you have a couple of people giving teasers about milk and cookie time, but keeping them under lock and key.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1781 on: January 08, 2016, 06:05:53 AM »

Oh, and morning, Prog.

It's a bunch of spoiled privileged  babies wanting everything asap.  Settle doe folks.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1782 on: January 08, 2016, 06:08:19 AM »

Oh, and morning, Prog.

It's a bunch of spoiled privileged  babies wanting everything asap.  Settle doe folks.

Stop fawning over everything.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1783 on: January 08, 2016, 06:09:58 AM »
Oh deer.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1784 on: January 08, 2016, 06:14:01 AM »
They are a bunch of doe.  A deer, female deer. 

Bitching.