Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 319415 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #1470 on: December 30, 2015, 07:13:11 AM »
Looks like an ice cream taco.  I approve.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1471 on: December 30, 2015, 07:15:08 AM »

Seconded

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1472 on: December 30, 2015, 07:20:32 AM »

The one I hate had two lines of whipped cream covered in chocolate covered in chocolate sauce and then more whipped cream and dusted in icing sugar. It was delicious. The outside is pancakey I guess.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1473 on: December 30, 2015, 07:27:16 AM »
I'll have one.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1474 on: December 30, 2015, 12:04:49 PM »
Hey guys. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1475 on: December 30, 2015, 12:16:27 PM »
Hey
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1476 on: December 30, 2015, 12:33:07 PM »
An hour and a half left with nothing to do. I think I'll just sit here and enjoy the Intrawebz

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1477 on: December 30, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »
It's time for my yearly foray out of my thread to promote my radio show here.

www.wpapu.com

Over the next two Wednesdays I'll be doing 4 hour wrap-ups of 2015, and these year end shows are always some of the best.

Dates: Dec. 30 and Jan. 6.

Time: 4-8pm Central, 5-9pm Eastern, 10pm-2am UTC.

Hopefully see a few of you over the next two weeks. :)

Tonight's version of this starts in just under 2.5 hours. Looking forward to seeing you fine folks then.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1478 on: December 31, 2015, 12:02:17 AM »
Happy New Year for tonight guys.   We had a bbq planned but I have told everyone to bugger off.........not happening in 42 degrees  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1479 on: December 31, 2015, 12:24:04 AM »
Happy New Year for tonight guys.   We had a bbq planned but I have told everyone to bugger off.........not happening in 42 degrees  :lol

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. It was 31C here today, and that's the hottest day we've had since the Monday before Christmas, so we've been lucky.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1480 on: December 31, 2015, 05:50:55 AM »
Morning.  At work until 2:30 today then a few days off. Woooot!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1481 on: December 31, 2015, 05:51:57 AM »
Morning king.

I fell asleep at maybe 8pm and was worried I'd sleep past the new year, but I woke up at 10pm. Only ten minutes left for 2015!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1482 on: December 31, 2015, 05:54:03 AM »
*clink*  Happy New year Blob and to all my friends on the other half of the world.  A good power nap to enjoy the new year!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1483 on: December 31, 2015, 05:56:07 AM »
*clink*  Happy New year Blob and to all my friends on the other half of the world.  A good power nap to enjoy the new year!

I don't know about you, but naps do nothing for me but make me groggy and cranky and disoriented. :lol I had to wake myself up with some soda and Pringles (cheeseburger flavoured).

#YOLO

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1484 on: December 31, 2015, 05:58:29 AM »
LOL

Since I have sleep apnea, I cannot take naps unless I go to the bedroom and wear my mask.  Basically, I snore myself awake without it.  So no naps for me.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1485 on: December 31, 2015, 06:00:13 AM »
*clink*  Happy New year Blob and to all my friends on the other half of the world. 

Ditto.  10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, ....

I suspect today is going to be a busy day closing some business that kinda went off the rails yesterday.  Hope it doesn't go on too long though - family tradition is dinner and a movie.  Not much selection in the theatre's, so it's gonna be that Ferrell/Wahlberg comedy.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1486 on: December 31, 2015, 06:01:13 AM »
LOL

Since I have sleep apnea, I cannot take naps unless I go to the bedroom and wear my mask.  Basically, I snore myself awake without it.  So no naps for me.

My dad does that. He very likely has sleep apnea, but has never done a thing about it. He always wakes himself up either from the snoring noise or not being able to breathe.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1487 on: December 31, 2015, 06:06:31 AM »
Chad stay home.  I'd rather punch myself in the nuts than see that movie.

Blob, when I fell asleep at the wheel and got into an accident that was the wake up call.  On average I was awake 47 minutes of the hour.  There are 4 stages of R.E.M sleep.  the 4th does all the repair for the brain.  You can wake right up or be in the 1st stage which you're awake but don't know it.

You stop breathing because your throat's walls touch.  The mechanism for the body is to snore and open up the passage to breath.  So it knocks you out of the early stages of R.E.M. sleep.  Without it you're tired, you can't focus and some don't breath at all which is very dangerous and leads to death.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1488 on: December 31, 2015, 06:07:41 AM »
I enjoy a good nap.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1489 on: December 31, 2015, 07:20:33 AM »

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. It was 31C here today, and that's the hottest day we've had since the Monday before Christmas, so we've been lucky.

It was 31C here today :/

Chad stay home.  I'd rather punch myself in the nuts than see that movie.

Blob, when I fell asleep at the wheel and got into an accident that was the wake up call.  On average I was awake 47 minutes of the hour.  There are 4 stages of R.E.M sleep.  the 4th does all the repair for the brain.  You can wake right up or be in the 1st stage which you're awake but don't know it.

You stop breathing because your throat's walls touch.  The mechanism for the body is to snore and open up the passage to breath.  So it knocks you out of the early stages of R.E.M. sleep.  Without it you're tired, you can't focus and some don't breath at all which is very dangerous and leads to death.

My girlfriend has said that I have started snoring really badly in the past 6 months, no weight gain or any health issues but she says that it's worth getting a sleep study done.

Good morning!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1490 on: December 31, 2015, 07:32:33 AM »
You can be 150 and gain 5 pounds and it would affect you or 350 and go to 400.  It depends on the structure of your throat.  If you feel sluggish all the time then you might have to do the study.  Got to say though it is not fun. 200 wires gooped up to you with this big harness of wires.  They have you sleep in a room with a red light like your on red alert. It's for the night camera.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1491 on: December 31, 2015, 07:48:59 AM »
How the hell do you fall asleep with all of that, I can usually fall asleep no problem however not if I have a bunch of wires touching me.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1492 on: December 31, 2015, 07:57:34 AM »
You can be 150 and gain 5 pounds and it would affect you or 350 and go to 400.  It depends on the structure of your throat.  If you feel sluggish all the time then you might have to do the study.  Got to say though it is not fun. 200 wires gooped up to you with this big harness of wires.  They have you sleep in a room with a red light like your on red alert. It's for the night camera.

I've been meaning to get a sleep study done because I'm the poorest sleeper at night but then drift off at random times during the day, even when driving. Or I can sleep 10 hours at night, wake up, go sit on the couch and start passing out.  Something isn't right. 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1493 on: December 31, 2015, 08:00:21 AM »
How the hell do you fall asleep with all of that, I can usually fall asleep no problem however not if I have a bunch of wires touching me.

Yeah, I can't imagine it. I have enough trouble getting to sleep as it is let alone being hooked up like Darth Vader.

I've been meaning to get a sleep study done because I'm the poorest sleeper at night but then drift off at random times during the day, even when driving. Or I can sleep 10 hours at night, wake up, go sit on the couch and start passing out.  Something isn't right. 

I'd be doing that sooner rather than later if you're drifting off while driving.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1494 on: December 31, 2015, 08:03:31 AM »
I waited too long already. It's why I'm currently going through the New Jersey court system. I was swerving between lanes, the cops saw me, arrested me, and so I'm still dealing with the drama surrounding that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1495 on: December 31, 2015, 08:33:15 AM »
You have to find a spot that is comfortable.  I'm a stomach sleeper so as you can imagine, it was tough at first but you find a position that works.  If you do the study (John it sounds like exactly I went through so set up an appointment right away) they have different style masks that you try and do another sleepover making sure you have the right style of mask that works for you.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1496 on: December 31, 2015, 08:36:22 AM »
Thanks, King and Blob. I'm going to look into it. I have great insurance through my job so I might as well take advantage of it. Another thing to add to the To-do list for the New Year. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1497 on: December 31, 2015, 08:44:33 AM »
John it really was worth it.  I felt a million times better once I got used to the mask.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1498 on: December 31, 2015, 08:54:11 AM »
Said Anikan to Sidious.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1499 on: December 31, 2015, 09:22:32 AM »
 :lol

I'll definitely give it a go, King.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1500 on: December 31, 2015, 09:32:54 AM »
 :lol

More like Bane. :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1501 on: December 31, 2015, 10:28:42 AM »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1502 on: December 31, 2015, 01:39:24 PM »
Did we lose Kotowboy?  I just noticed that I haven't had to skip over his posts for a couple of weeks.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1503 on: December 31, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
Hmmm... I wonder where he's gone off to.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1504 on: December 31, 2015, 01:54:44 PM »
I saw him on instagram a few days ago.