Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 319186 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #1120 on: December 21, 2015, 06:48:33 AM »
That's right! :lol

All you'll need is to go out and drink with me and you'll understand.  Ask Chad. :lol

Poor Chad dealt with myself and my brother for a weekend.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1121 on: December 21, 2015, 06:52:05 AM »
Victoria and I are heading to DC for Christmas this year. We decided to not bother with all the family stuff. Looks like it's going to be in the low to mid 70s the majority of the time we're down there.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1122 on: December 21, 2015, 06:52:23 AM »
Alcohol actually makes it far easier to understand.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1123 on: December 21, 2015, 06:53:43 AM »
Alcohol actually makes it far easier to understand.

We did have a blast.

How's the families taking that Brian since you wont be with them?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1124 on: December 21, 2015, 07:12:29 AM »
Victoria and I are heading to DC for Christmas this year. We decided to not bother with all the family stuff. Looks like it's going to be in the low to mid 70s the majority of the time we're down there.

My gf and I decided to just go to Costa Rica next year for Christmas. It's been so stressful with the families this year.

morning gang, drinking some coffee while slamming down some cold medication.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1125 on: December 21, 2015, 07:18:43 AM »

My gf and I decided to just go to Costa Rica next year for Christmas. It's been so stressful with the families this year.

Tell me about it. My family is easy. We're small. Including the non-blood relatives and my grandmother's 24/7 nurse, we never exceed 14 people. Victoria's family on the other hand, ugh. She has 32 first cousins (all blood) and more aunts and uncles than I can count. Christmas at their house easily exceeds 60 people, and deep down, I truly believe most of them don't want to be there. It's a headache and way too much stress. It costs a small fortune and is the epitome of American selfishness and consumerism. I actually get uncomfortable when I have to sit there and look around at how wasteful the entire day really is. I'm beyond thrilled to not have to deal with any of it this year. I got my dad and gift card to guitar center and my mom has six pre-paid appointments at her favorite nail salon. My sister and I don't exchange. I'm very content with how the holiday is being handled this year. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to become a regular thing for us as her family doesn't seem too thrilled with our decision.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1126 on: December 21, 2015, 08:15:17 AM »
Jesus that is a lot of people!

My family is the same as yours, we get together Christmas Eve have a few drinks and laugh and tell stories.

My gf's family is something else. About 8 people show up and her mom makes a 20lb turkey with 5 side dishes, all of it gets thrown away because she doesn't believe in making less food (sorry I got off on a tangent here). An argument always breaks out and my gf and I just sit there waiting until it's appropriate enough to leave. This year my gf's sisters husband is there and there is a new baby in the mix. Her husband is a piece of shit who has a short fuse and a god complex. It's just a mess lol.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1127 on: December 21, 2015, 08:31:33 AM »
Jesus that is a lot of people!

My family is the same as yours, we get together Christmas Eve have a few drinks and laugh and tell stories.

My gf's family is something else. About 8 people show up and her mom makes a 20lb turkey with 5 side dishes, all of it gets thrown away because she doesn't believe in making less food (sorry I got off on a tangent here). An argument always breaks out and my gf and I just sit there waiting until it's appropriate enough to leave. This year my gf's sisters husband is there and there is a new baby in the mix. Her husband is a piece of shit who has a short fuse and a god complex. It's just a mess lol.

I hate when fights break out. We have Victoria's parents over for dinner every now and then, and without fail, her mom and dad will start bickering at some point. Every single time. Last time it was because there was sausage pizza in the same boz as meatball pizza. If I'm at your house, fine, I can't tell you how to converse, but if you're sitting in my dining room, I don't want to hear any of that crap. You don't know how badly I wish I could just say "get the fuck away from my table and take that bullshit outside". There is nothing more rude or irritating to me than people fighting while trying to enjoy a meal, especially when it's around someone else's table. Have some decency.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1128 on: December 21, 2015, 08:48:44 AM »
Yup sounds like Jessica's family (my gf) :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1129 on: December 21, 2015, 08:50:21 AM »
Good morning, everyone.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1130 on: December 21, 2015, 08:52:40 AM »
Morning Hef, and sundry.

Coffee's on it's way!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1131 on: December 21, 2015, 09:03:15 AM »
Coffee is good.

Christmas luncheon at work today, then Star Wars tonight.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1132 on: December 21, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »
Morning Hef.  Countdown to Christmas.  Crazy at work right now as expected.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1133 on: December 21, 2015, 09:15:37 AM »
 :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1134 on: December 21, 2015, 09:16:44 AM »
I'm interested in hearing your take on the new Star Wars tomorrow.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1135 on: December 21, 2015, 09:23:37 AM »
I'm interested in hearing your take on the new Star Wars tomorrow.
I will certainly let you know.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1136 on: December 21, 2015, 11:11:54 AM »
Morning Hef!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1137 on: December 21, 2015, 11:13:22 AM »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1138 on: December 21, 2015, 12:30:30 PM »
What's going on guys?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1139 on: December 21, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »
Hey Prog!

Nothing much just doing some last minute shopping, every year I say I won't wait until the last minute yet here I am.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1140 on: December 21, 2015, 12:52:14 PM »
I have a few last minute things to do as well. I'm just not in the mood for it this year. Bah

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1141 on: December 21, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »
We still have a few things to get as well, but I am really crunched for time since I am seeing Star Wars tonight and have a party to attend tomorrow night.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1142 on: December 21, 2015, 12:59:07 PM »
I've left things to Xmas Eve before, so I know how you feel. I just have gift cards left so it's not that bad.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1143 on: December 21, 2015, 02:48:32 PM »
I've left things to Xmas Eve before, so I know how you feel.
So have I, and I'd rather not do it again.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1144 on: December 21, 2015, 04:04:21 PM »
Morning, chumps.

Since I got no sleep yesterday and woke up at 6:30am, I was so tired yesterday. So tired that I was getting the shakes and weird pains in my head and having trouble keeping my eyes open. Managed to stay awake till 10pm, and slept until 9:30am. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1145 on: December 21, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »
Morning, chumps.

Since I got no sleep yesterday and woke up at 6:30am, I was so tired yesterday. So tired that I was getting the shakes and weird pains in my head and having trouble keeping my eyes open. Managed to stay awake till 10pm, and slept until 9:30am. :lol

I think the longest I stayed up was around 40 hours. I parked myself with two of my friends outside of a target for a ps3. I was going to buy it and resell it on ebay.

Day one was fine and the night was ok, played some cards with my buddies. Day two I was pretty tired but the night of day two was fucking terrible. It was freezing and raining. Some guy showed up and offered me $1000 to buy my spot in line and he would wait the rest of the day, I took the money and drove home (awful idea, it was probably worse than if I was driving drunk).

I surprisingly had a hard time falling asleep when I got home but was eventually able to.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1146 on: December 21, 2015, 05:21:30 PM »
When I worked the midnight to 8 shift at my job, I'd go days without sleeping. It was probably the most arduous six months of my life. I crossed the line into delirium. Things were moving that shouldn't be moving. It was really bizarre.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1147 on: December 21, 2015, 06:19:57 PM »
I once went 44 hours without sleep in my late teens, and another time for 42 hours in my mid-20s in University.  By the end of the latter, I was hallucinating things that weren't happening.  Nothing too creepy.  I go 20 ish hours a few times a year, when I'm traveling to the west coast and I have to get up early on east coast time, but then am up late on west coast, which adds 3 hours to my day.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1148 on: December 21, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »
Morning, chumps.

You wuss.

Of late I get 7 hours and just wake up.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1149 on: December 21, 2015, 06:35:13 PM »
I once went 44 hours without sleep in my late teens, and another time for 42 hours in my mid-20s in University.  By the end of the latter, I was hallucinating things that weren't happening.  Nothing too creepy.  I go 20 ish hours a few times a year, when I'm traveling to the west coast and I have to get up early on east coast time, but then am up late on west coast, which adds 3 hours to my day.

Doing it in the younger days is a completely different beast. Shit, I remember so many nights of drinking straight through until morning and then driving to work. I can't do that anymore. Okay, I'm lying. I do it from time to time, except I'm not driving this time.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: December 21, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »

I think my max was about 39. Felt completely fine that time, I just fell asleep the instant I shut my eyes.
Another time when I stayed up 24 hours because I was typing up an assignment for my sister, I was hallucinating bugs on the keyboard. :lol

These days I'm a lightweight and start to feel terrible even at around 20 hours, so it's been a while since I've stayed up.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1151 on: December 21, 2015, 07:54:29 PM »
What time do you go to bed/wake up blob?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1152 on: December 21, 2015, 07:55:07 PM »
I go to bed whenever. I wake up whenever. That's the only routine I can stick to.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1153 on: December 21, 2015, 09:07:42 PM »
That's basically means Blob never learned how to tell time

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1154 on: December 21, 2015, 09:28:41 PM »
Finished my first symphony

pretty pleased with it