Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 323440 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #6335 on: March 27, 2016, 07:41:33 AM »
John. Get your ass to a sleep study.   

Blob, one fluff of the blanket and farts be free!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6336 on: March 27, 2016, 07:42:18 AM »
Blob, one fluff of the blanket and farts be free!

Monsters AND farts roaming free? Aw hell nah!

Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6337 on: March 27, 2016, 07:47:41 AM »
Now that's a horror film!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6338 on: March 27, 2016, 07:48:40 AM »
Introducing kingshmegland's - Fartnado 2: The Fartening

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6339 on: March 27, 2016, 07:52:21 AM »
That's not below the Sci-Fi network to make it come true.  I want Hof to play me.  He'll need to eat more Hamburgers without his shirt to play the role.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6340 on: March 27, 2016, 07:53:31 AM »
No point wearing a shirt when you're expecting an expanding gut.

I'll pitch the movie to SyFy and get back to you, but I like our chances.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6341 on: March 27, 2016, 07:55:16 AM »
I do too. Isn't Ziering will of course covers star. Why? He's a staple of those movies now.

We'll need a "fluffer" though.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #6342 on: March 27, 2016, 07:57:28 AM »
John. Get your ass to a sleep study.   

Working on it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6343 on: March 27, 2016, 07:59:57 AM »
Good. I worry about you. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6344 on: March 27, 2016, 08:03:12 AM »
Good. I worry about you.

Thanks, bro. I appreciate that.  :) 

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #6345 on: March 27, 2016, 08:45:25 AM »
Morning
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6346 on: March 27, 2016, 08:53:41 AM »
Good morning guys!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6347 on: March 27, 2016, 09:08:57 AM »
Hows it going Reap?

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6348 on: March 27, 2016, 09:26:35 AM »
Going pretty well. Just sitting at work wondering how the hell the pool drained out 4 inches last night. I think there is something wrong with the waste valve.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6349 on: March 27, 2016, 09:27:42 AM »
I secretly flew out there in the middle of the night and drained exactly 4.3 inches out of the pool. I will be doing it every night for the next 4 weeks so get used to it.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6350 on: March 27, 2016, 11:23:08 AM »
Well at least wait until the morning so you can say hi before I get here.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6351 on: March 27, 2016, 07:20:07 PM »
Evening, gents.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6352 on: March 28, 2016, 04:35:48 AM »
Hello my friends.

Just got back from draining water from Reap's hotel's pool.

--

Actually I basically spent Easter alone and said fuck it and knocked my ass out early last night so I can come in to work at 3am.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #6353 on: March 28, 2016, 04:54:56 AM »
Just woke up after a 3-hour nap that I really didn't intend to be 3 hours & now I'm just really zoned out to everything. Awkward timing, I guess.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6354 on: March 28, 2016, 05:05:09 AM »
3 hour nap?

Damn. That sounds nice.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6355 on: March 28, 2016, 05:31:29 AM »
Morning

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6356 on: March 28, 2016, 05:33:39 AM »
Hey there John!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6357 on: March 28, 2016, 05:48:54 AM »
What's up, Jay? How are you doing?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6358 on: March 28, 2016, 06:00:48 AM »
I'm doing ok.

I have been doing a ton of research on Adult ADHD. I was diagnosed with ADHD as a teen, and my stepmother took it as a joke. She actually allowed me to be prescribed meds for it (non stimulants), but pulled me off of them after only a month because she didn't see results. (I started to see them but what the fuck did I know? - at least that was her view on it).

My life has been slowly going down hill. A lot of it has to do with my lack of  ability organize or even FOCUS on shit for me than a few minutes. A lot of people I know say Adult ADHD is a myth. It really isn't. If you look at the symptoms of Adult ADHD-PI (Predominately inattentive), I fit the bill 110%. Reading about other people's struggles have also helped me. I am doing what I can to read up on strategies to get my life back in order. Hell... the financial issues I have been having can also be linked to my inability to follow through on shit and staying organized.

As soon as I get my health insurance with this new job going,  am going to go in and speak with a Dr.  about getting put back on something. I cannot afford to keep going the direction this is going.

And this isn't just a "self diagnosis on a whim" thing (as my friend put it). I have been doing more and more research on it. I have even listened to 4 hours worth of lectures by one of the top Psychiatric Doctors in the country on the subject.  Hell, even my emotional ups and downs are textbook.

I am just desperate to get my life together. 

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6359 on: March 28, 2016, 06:07:58 AM »
Do NOT be desperate, Jay. When you're in that state, you'll do basically anything to get fixed. Take it from someone who did whatever he could to fix himself, but only succeeded in making himself much worse. Don't just jump at the chance to take medication without knowing what you're taking. Ask questions. Someone can't say adult ADHD is a myth because whatever affliction it is that you have is obviously real. Don't go so mixed up in titles, though. Doctors like to capriciously throw those around. One psychiatrist I went to said I was bi-polar, but a different one said that was impossible. Based on what I know about bi-polar, I agreed with the second doctor. My issues are severe anxiety and strong empathic qualities. Everything I have comes from those two things. Just make sure you're getting diagnosed properly and whoever you talk to understands what you need to get better.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6360 on: March 28, 2016, 06:12:02 AM »
I'm glad you are doing that Jay. What John is saying is see your doctor first.  Let them help and prescribe  to help you.

Wednesday my new toy gets dropped off.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6361 on: March 28, 2016, 06:15:20 AM »
Jay, I relate, because I have the same problems. I've tried a few things with some limited success, but it's a struggle.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6362 on: March 28, 2016, 06:16:39 AM »
I should't stay "desperate"

But I do wanna try to get my shit in order. I do plan on going the proper routes and, if I am told it's something different, I will go with that. I do know what my issues are though and I know when I was taking Strattera (which is a non stimulant med, unlike Adderal and Ridalin... fuck spelling.. lol, which are basically speed) I was able to keep myself together. My first step is go get in to see someone regarding it.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6363 on: March 28, 2016, 06:17:59 AM »
I'm glad you are doing that Jay. What John is saying is see your doctor first.  Let them help and prescribe  to help you.

Wednesday my new toy gets dropped off.

I'm not getting there until Thursday.

I should't stay "desperate"

But I do wanna try to get my shit in order. I do plan on going the proper routes and, if I am told it's something different, I will go with that. I do know what my issues are though and I know when I was taking Strattera (which is a non stimulant med, unlike Adderal and Ridalin... fuck spelling.. lol, which are basically speed) I was able to keep myself together. My first step is go get in to see someone regarding it.

For now, do some research about using natural herbs, at least until your insurance kicks in. If you want, I can look into it also. Is it just ADHD?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6364 on: March 28, 2016, 06:21:42 AM »
Jay, I relate, because I have the same problems. I've tried a few things with some limited success, but it's a struggle.

Blob, you ADHD? Nah

With this new job starting, I am going to have to focus on shit. Currently where I am, This come and go so quickly and there are so many things going on at once sometimes that it keeps my stimulated enough to do it... and when I have an actual  incident that I have to investigate, I tend to get obsessive and hyper focused, which helps a lot.. but this office job is going to be the complete opposite. It's scary.

For now, do some research about using natural herbs, at least until your insurance kicks in. If you want, I can look into it also. Is it just ADHD?

ADHD - PI

I'm more focused on tips and tricks from others with it to keep myself focused. I have spent the last couple hours researching ways to keep my mind focused. A lot of it is what I already do.

If you get a chance, research ADHD and it's effect on the brain. It's fascinating.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6365 on: March 28, 2016, 06:24:12 AM »
Good Morning!

I'm glad you're doing some research and trying to get things in order Jay. Keep us posted on the progress.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6366 on: March 28, 2016, 06:26:05 AM »
I've done some research on ADHD and I'm convinced I have it as well. Focus has always been a huge struggle for, even with things that I like. For example I love riding my motorcycle but the moment I get on I start thinking of something else I want to do. I'll start playing a video game but then immediately want to do something else. It's like that in all aspects of my life. Focus past 30 minutes doesn't really exist in my world.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6367 on: March 28, 2016, 06:27:13 AM »
Morning, Reap.

Jay, I'll look into it. What you could do to keep your mind focused is find all of the nuggets on Octavarium.  ;)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6368 on: March 28, 2016, 06:36:08 AM »
ADHD buddies unite! :lol
If any of you guys come up with something, tell me! These days I have a little timer program on my computer and I set myself a goal to work for 15 minutes straight without getting distracted by anything else. Any more than that, and I tend to drift these days. And also because of my ADHD I forget about using the timer and end up spending an hour on the internet looking up random shit.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #6369 on: March 28, 2016, 06:38:38 AM »
Three-hour marketing meeting coming up this morning.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche