News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese

Started by ariich, November 23, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

Drinking makes me a happy dude.  Not some screaming monster.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

ariich

Evening gang!

So I moved into my new study today. I always had my desk, my computer and my guitar in the living room, but we're doing a load of stuff to the house to make it suitable for getting married and starting a family, so we converted what used to be a small workshop into a cosy little study/man-cave for me. Am very pleased with it and thankful to my fiancee who put the vast majority of the effort in, painting the walls and all that!

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

ariich

Managed to get an okish panoramic photo from my phone:

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Kotowboy

I was just thinking that those " How to make 45m in one week " spam posts you always get on comments sections are always " I quit my low paying retail job ".

They're never " I was on a pretty good salary already with a nice house and car and now I make 45m a week "

:lol

Yeah I know why but it's pretty funny.

JayOctavarium

ASacrificedSon

Afternoon everyone!
Just got an interview for Chipotle for Saturday. Very nervous....

Kotowboy

Quote from: ASacrificedSon on February 11, 2016, 02:02:15 PM
Afternoon everyone!
Just got an interview for Chipotle for Saturday. Very nervous....

:hug: Just make sure you're prepared. Think about any potential questions you will be asked. Think about any potential questions you can ask them. Research the company and learn a few choice

quotes about their "motto" or values and how they started etc. Always goes down well.

ASacrificedSon

Thanks Kotowboy!
I feel a little better. Did you ever work for Chipotle?
And this would be my first job.

Kotowboy

Quote from: ASacrificedSon on February 11, 2016, 02:12:30 PM
Thanks Kotowboy!

As I do not know what it is - i'm gonna guess no ! :biggrin:

I have worked for : Costa, Premier Inn, Starbucks...

If it's your first job - I advise thoroughly researching the company and remembering some choice quotes to pull when asked about your knowledge of the company.

Think of questions you might be asked.

" why do you want to work for us ? "

They usually ask if you've done anything similar but as it's your first job you should probably concentrate on the above answer.

Say things like you wanna work for a respected company that has good opportunities.

If they ask if YOU have any Q's for them - the normal thing is to ask things like

" what's a typical day in this store like ? "

Never ask about wages or holiday or stuff like that.

ASacrificedSon

Quote from: Kotowboy on February 11, 2016, 02:55:11 PM
Quote from: ASacrificedSon on February 11, 2016, 02:12:30 PM
Thanks Kotowboy!

As I do not know what it is - i'm gonna guess no ! :biggrin:

I have worked for : Costa, Premier Inn, Starbucks...

If it's your first job - I advise thoroughly researching the company and remembering some choice quotes to pull when asked about your knowledge of the company.

Think of questions you might be asked.

" why do you want to work for us ? "

They usually ask if you've done anything similar but as it's your first job you should probably concentrate on the above answer.

Say things like you wanna work for a respected company that has good opportunities.

If they ask if YOU have any Q's for them - the normal thing is to ask things like

" what's a typical day in this store like ? "

Never ask about wages or holiday or stuff like that.
Ah thanks. The question that kind of threw me off track was : Tell me about yourself.
I didn't want to go on a rant about myself.
and when they said do you have any questions for me, I had a hard time, but luckily they set me up for a second interview.
Why do they even ask ," Anything you want to ask me?"
Will it hurt at all if I immediately say no?

Kotowboy

If you ask them Q's it just makes you look more interested in the Company.

I used to have a list of Qs i'd always ask but I cant remember them as I've not been to an interview since September 2014.

Just Qs that make you seem really interested in the job.

Prog Snob

Kotowboy

Prog Snob

Kotowboy

Almost time to head off to bed.

Work at 10am and it's midnight here now.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Prog Snob

I wish I had work at 10AM.     :P

King Postwhore

Prog Snob

King Postwhore

Problem is I fall asleep too early and I'm lucky to get 7 1/2 hours at best. 

Prog Snob

Yeah, my sleeping habits are fucking pitiful.  I'm completely overdue for some kind of check-up or evaluation.

King Postwhore

I have a C-Pap machine so after 7 hours I'm good.

Prog Snob

I remember you mentioning that once before. I really do need to go for that sleep study.

King Postwhore

It's not fun but totally worth it.

Prog Snob

Just dropped Gianna back to her mother's house. Time for some more drinking...I need it.

ASacrificedSon

Quote from: Kotowboy on February 11, 2016, 03:16:26 PM
If you ask them Q's it just makes you look more interested in the Company.

I used to have a list of Qs i'd always ask but I cant remember them as I've not been to an interview since September 2014.

Just Qs that make you seem really interested in the job.

I'll remember you when I'm doing the interview!  :metal

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 11, 2016, 05:53:34 PM
Just dropped Gianna back to her mother's house. Time for some more drinking...I need it.

What you going to drink?

Prog Snob

Quote from: ASacrificedSon on February 11, 2016, 07:05:06 PM

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 11, 2016, 05:53:34 PM

What you going to drink?

I am alternating between Dogfish Head Namaste and Woodchuck Hard Cider Pumpkin

JayOctavarium

There's nothing better than pissing someone off who's being an asshole.. And there being nothing they can do about it.  Right now I am bowling.. And there's this older woman on the other team who's being a complete bitch.  As soon as my name pops up she's on my ass to get me to run up and bowl.. Funny thing is...  Im here. And alert and bowling.  She,  and her team,  are not.  One of my teammates,  a cool older dude,  caught on to this.. And is now yelling at her and her team as soon as their names pop up.  It's glorious because she doesn't realize he's mocking her..

Prog Snob

BlobVanDam

Podaar

I'm up, I'm up, stop yelling.

Deadpool day! :deadpool:

Prog Snob

What's up Podrick and Blobrick?

I'm seeing Hail Caesar later on.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Podaar on February 12, 2016, 04:45:01 AM
I'm up, I'm up, stop yelling.

Deadpool day! :deadpool:

Yes guy... although, jingle.son and I will partake tomorrow.  Don't really feel like fighting the opening evening crowd.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Podaar

My son-in-law reserved seats for himself, me and Mrs. P at a VIP theater. I think I've mentioned it before, but there will literally be no crowds, we have recliners, they bring us food and drink. It's awesome.

Prog Snob

I love those dine-in theaters. I can't see a movie any other way now.