DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese

Started by ariich, November 23, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReaperKK

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 06, 2016, 07:44:59 PM
Quote from: kingshmegland on February 06, 2016, 04:03:50 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on February 06, 2016, 03:50:45 AM
I co ldn'  ima ine hav ng to work w th  he in er et  hat way!   ust be  ery  rust at ng

I just want to repost this like I'm throwing rocks in a glass house and giggling like a school girl.

My point of that post was to raz Blob, and the fact his internet was only working "50% of the time".  At least Gregg got it.

I skimmed past your post Jingle and thought you were drink :lol

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Scorpion on February 06, 2016, 03:52:57 PM
True, true. Both bands really lost something went Turili and Starapoli went seperate ways. Shame though, From Chaos to Eternity is amazing.

At least this one is better than Dark Wings of Steel though.

I agree they lost something when they split, although I still felt Ascending to Infinity was almost as good as Chaos to Eternity, if not as good (both excellent). Rhapsody of Fire is lacking what made them unique from other power metal bands without Luca's distinctive guitar style, so both of their albums since have been generic and unmemorable. Luca Turilli got off to a very promising start, but Prometheus was scifi word salad over average pretentious power metal.
I think both sides needed each other to balance out.

King Postwhore

Hi Blob. What's going on down under today?
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 06, 2016, 08:00:06 PM
Hi Blob. What's going on down under today?

That's private and none of your business!

I think my internet is working slightly better today. Time to test that with a download.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

BlobVanDam

No giggity downloads at 3pm. That's more of a 3am thing. :neverusethis:

King Postwhore

Lol. No privacy  I bet. Time to go to bed.  11:25 pm here.

BlobVanDam

How much more privacy do I need? I have a room nobody else enters, a computer nobody else is allowed to touch, and my monitor has a huge hood around it that blocks the screen from anyone walking in anyway. :lol
I just like to leave that kind of thing until after 2am, because then it counts towards my off peak downloads. :biggrin:

Goodnight, king!

King Postwhore

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

BlobVanDam

Morning, hef. What does the rest of the weekend hold for you?

jingle.boy

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!  Much junk and beer will be consumed later today.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

The Trooper

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 07, 2016, 03:54:18 AM

Yep. Except the beer started last night and thru the night.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 07, 2016, 03:43:56 AM
Morning, hef. What does the rest of the weekend hold for you?
Well, pretty much this:

Getting ready for church.  I've had a cold lately and I'm losing my voice, which is not good since I play guitar and sing at church.  So I had a cup of hot cider and two shots of whiskey. 

I feel better already.  :biggrin:
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

BlobVanDam

I didn't realize it was sportball sportbowl day. I figured that had already passed by now.

King Postwhore

Going to get new sneakers,  food shopping and the the SB.

Podaar

Pretty much!

I'm currently peeling and deviening shrimp (well, I'm taking a break to check DTF, actually) in preparation for my shrimp tacos. It's going to be fun day, as usual.

ReaperKK

I'm working today then SB, morning all

Podaar

King Postwhore

ReaperKK

Watching some Star Trek TOS at work, I feel like it's going to be a long day.

jingle.boy

Also, backing up mrs.jingle and jingle.daughter's laptops.  The Mrs is getting an upgrade to El Capitan; daughter's screen hinge/casing (not the screen itself) is cracking, so it's off to a PC repair shop.

Lol-Windows... 3 hours, and it's only 43% backed up.  Mac has backed up 3 times (as I cleaned some old shit up), and downloaded El Capitan upgrade.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

BlobVanDam

Is El Capitan a program? I haven't heard of it.

That reminds me, I still need to finish off backing up my PC to my new external. I've backed up about 1.5TB so far, still got at least a few hundred GB's left. It's taken a LOT more than 3 hours to back up. I have a lot of data.

jingle.boy

El Capitan is the code-name for the latest OSX.

Prog Snob

Quote from: ReaperKK on February 06, 2016, 06:18:32 PM
I like that Prog, equal opportunity.

To quote Peter Steele, I'm an equal opportunity destroyer.

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 06, 2016, 06:37:42 PM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 06, 2016, 04:52:28 PM
For what it's worth, I'd drink the blood of a virgin whether or not I got to hear the CD.

Like it's the first time you proclaimed this.

For some, it's the first.  ;)

BlobVanDam

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 07, 2016, 06:39:18 AM
El Capitan is the code-name for the latest OSX.

Oh, did they finally run out of giant felines? :lol That's a pretty bad name for an OS. I prefer Android's naming convention. Much tastier!

Kotowboy

Well the previous one was called Mavericks and it was a whole bunch o buggy shit. :)

BlobVanDam

Haven't heard of that one either! What kind of bugs did it have?

Scorpion

Currently studying for uni exams.

Fuck differential equations, seriously.

BlobVanDam

Yeah, fuck that shit.
What other subjects you got?

Scorpion

It's not a subject, just the worst part of one, called Mathematical Methods for Theoretical Physics.

The others are Calculus I, Linear Algebra (which I've already written and it was pretty easy) and Physics I (which consists of Mechanics and a small bit of Thermodynamics).

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Scorpion on February 07, 2016, 08:09:55 AM
It's not a subject, just the worst part of one

Oh I know, it's just that you mentioned other exams.

You don't have a wildcard subject, like Playing with Puppies I, or Advanced Candy Consumption?

Scorpion

Closest thing to a wildcard subject was Programming, but that's also already over and done with.

ReaperKK

Quote from: Scorpion on February 07, 2016, 08:09:55 AM
It's not a subject, just the worst part of one, called Mathematical Methods for Theoretical Physics.

The others are Calculus I, Linear Algebra (which I've already written and it was pretty easy) and Physics I (which consists of Mechanics and a small bit of Thermodynamics).

I don't envy you Scorpion. DiffEq was a bitch, so was calculus 1, 2 and 3.

The subject I hated the most was Chemistry.

Goodluck!

BlobVanDam

Aw, programming would be my choice of those too. What languages did you learn in that one?