DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese

Started by ariich, November 23, 2015, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayOctavarium

So I skipped out on bowling to work a shift that we couldn't fill.. 6 hour shift,  6-midnight. Not bad.  Right?

Well I came in to find there was an incident that happened an hour earlier...  My guys handled it nicely,  but because of who was involved (by involved,  I mean sticking there nose in it),  I'm going to have to spend a good chunk of the day following up with people and meeting with people regarding a crime that - almost- happened.  And then we had another incident in  which I got to do what I enjoy doing the most there...  Leading a team.  I love coordinating people in efforts to catch criminals.  Lol.  The order lasted 2 hours.. Gonna have to do a lot of following up in the AM on it as well.  Now I've got to try to fall asleep because I've got to be up and back there in 6.5 hours.  Fml.

BlobVanDam

Jay. :hug:

I just got a new After Effects plugin, called FilmConvert. It emulates a bunch of film stocks. Awesome plugin for giving digital video a film look, without a lot of messing around. Imma use this on EVERYTHING.

Prog Snob

BlobVanDam

Mornin' to you. What's on the agenda today?

Prog Snob

At the moment, I'm just sitting here waiting to see what they have for me. It's snowing out this morning but it's supposed to stop by midday and then warm up later and over the weekend. The snow shouldn't have a lasting effect.

Zydar

Hey Prog Snob!

Here's a Friday gif(t) for you.

Oh, and hi Blob.

Prog Snob

BlobVanDam

Where's my Friday gift, you son of a bitch?

You know what I want.

Zydar

BlobVanDam

I was hoping for something less soft and fleshy. That's like the robot equivalent of a Thai ladyboy.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I like 'em hard and metal.

Prog Snob

Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 05, 2016, 04:53:43 AM
but I like 'em hard and metal.

So basically your masturbatory imaginings are Rob Halford in a robot costume?

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 05, 2016, 04:55:12 AM

Real metal, none of this humans playing instruments stuff.

Zydar

Prog Snob

Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 05, 2016, 04:56:07 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on February 05, 2016, 04:55:12 AM

Real metal, none of this humans playing instruments stuff.

a lady cyborg?

Quote from: Zydar on February 05, 2016, 04:56:20 AM
Blob Halford

:lol

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 05, 2016, 04:57:09 AM
a lady cyborg?

I generally prefer 100% robot, but I'm not fussy.

I do have several movies about Japanese female cyborgs/robots though. :lol Japan gets me.

Is the forum running a bit slow for anyone else?

Prog Snob

Not  right now. It must be that blazing Australian Internet speed.  :biggrin:

Zydar

It was a little sluggish earlier, but now it's been fine for a while.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Prog Snob on February 05, 2016, 05:07:00 AM
Not  right now. It must be that blazing Australian Internet speed.  :biggrin:

But I'm used to our internet speed. It's slow even relative to that!
It's taking up to 4-5 seconds to load a page from the moment I click it.

Prog Snob

I get that sometimes, where it will take a few moments longer to load a page. It could just be a temporary overload on the server or wherever the server is located. I'm pretty sure they use Saratoga Hosting, who are usually reliable. Wey recommended them to me when I had my website. If they're good enough for him, then I trust them. 

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Zydar

Podaar

Prog Snob

Morning guys. I'm about to head into the field. I'll catch up later.

King Postwhore

Morning Zy!   57 degrees yesterday 3 to 5 inches of snow today.  Crazy weather.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

ReaperKK

Wow king. It's pretty cold here, 48 degrees. Rode my motorcycle to work today.

ASacrificedSon

Quote from: ReaperKK on February 05, 2016, 08:31:50 AM

Motorcycle? Is it easy to ride a motorcycle? I have a car and I'm thinking of getting a motorcycle.

King Postwhore

Quote from: ReaperKK on February 05, 2016, 08:31:50 AM

We've got about 5 inches of snow.  Can't complain.  It's been a quite winter so far.

hefdaddy42

Hello.  Had a checkup this morning (diabetes).  I've lost 10 pounds and my heart and lungs are really good, according to the doctor.  I'll get the bloodwork results next week.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on February 05, 2016, 08:54:50 AM
Hello.  Had a checkup this morning (diabetes).  I've lost 10 pounds and my heart and lungs are really good, according to the doctor.  I'll get the bloodwork results next week.

That's great news so far. :tup Hopefully the blood work matches.

ReaperKK

Yea it's easy! If you live in the states go and take the MSF class and they'll teach you how to ride and rider safety.

King Postwhore

Very good sir!

ASacrificedSon

Quote from: ReaperKK on February 05, 2016, 08:57:54 AM
Yea it's easy! If you live in the states go and take the MSF class and they'll teach you how to ride and rider safety.
That's great news! Thanks. I can't wait to weave in and out of traffic while others stare on enviously. ;)

Glad you are well! My dad has diabetes and it has been hard. We exercise every day now and I can understand how hard it is. Hope you feel better!

ReaperKK

Great news Hef!

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

DarkLord_Lalinc