Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese  (Read 322312 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Kinginese
« Reply #3500 on: February 04, 2016, 06:37:26 AM »
I disagree.  I've heard his radio show. :lol

He was funny live. In between the songs, he would do a mini stand-up thing.  :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3501 on: February 04, 2016, 06:37:43 AM »
Man that riff that starts at 1:10 or so is so awesome. Tony Iommi has no equal with that shit.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3502 on: February 04, 2016, 06:39:15 AM »
Man that riff that starts at 1:10 or so is so awesome. Tony Iommi has no equal with that shit.

Tony is the riff king. Glad I'll finally get to see him live soon. :metal
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3503 on: February 04, 2016, 06:41:59 AM »
It's no wonder you need that username, Prog Snob. It's a disclaimer of wrongness, like how pedophiles have to tell all of their neighbors when they move into a new area. :biggrin:

:lol It's actually more facetious than anything, but I'm usually spot-on when it comes to music. As entertaining as DLR is, he can't sing. It's hard to argue that. 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3504 on: February 04, 2016, 06:42:34 AM »

Tony is the riff king. Glad I'll finally get to see him live soon. :metal

I didn't know Black Sabbath made house calls! Lucky, dog.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3505 on: February 04, 2016, 06:42:45 AM »
It's no wonder you need that username, Prog Snob. It's a disclaimer of wrongness, like how pedophiles have to tell all of their neighbors when they move into a new area. :biggrin:

:lol It's actually more facetious than anything, but I'm usually spot-on when it comes to music. As entertaining as DLR is, he can't sing. It's hard to argue that. 

The fact you think you're "spot-on" for music is a sign of true prog pretentiousness, my friend. ;)

DLR can sing. I'll take him over the boring as shit prog droners any day.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3506 on: February 04, 2016, 06:44:36 AM »
As entertaining as DLR is, he can't sing. It's hard to argue that.

Oh, he can sing. Just not very well.  :biggrin:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3507 on: February 04, 2016, 06:45:34 AM »

The fact you think you're "spot-on" for music is a sign of true prog pretentiousness, my friend. ;)

No, it's not prog pretentiousness.   :lol  If you saw what I actually listen to during the course of the day, you would see that prog makes up less than 25% of that. I just prefer musician types. It doesn't have to be prog. It's anything from Glenn Miller to Mozart to Sarah Brightman to Bobby Darin. I like it all.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3508 on: February 04, 2016, 06:47:22 AM »

No, it's not prog pretentiousness.   :lol  If you saw what I actually listen to during the course of the day, you would see that prog makes up less than 25% of that. I just prefer musician types. It doesn't have to be prog. It's anything from Glenn Miller to Mozart to Sarah Brightman to Bobby Darin. I like it all.

It's like you're substituting the prog part for even more snob. :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3509 on: February 04, 2016, 06:50:15 AM »

It's like you're substituting the prog part for even more snob. :lol

Okay, now you're just being silly.  :lol 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3510 on: February 04, 2016, 06:50:38 AM »
Blob, sometimes I want to be snobby and delve deep into sophisticated music and other times a want to grab my crotch and rock the cock out!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3511 on: February 04, 2016, 06:52:32 AM »
It's funny, whenever someone references the song "Into the Void", my first thought is the Ace song from Psycho Circus.  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3512 on: February 04, 2016, 06:53:27 AM »
It's funny, whenever someone references the song "Into the Void", my first thought is the Ace song from Psycho Circus.  :lol

Yeah, me too. A rockin' tune too. :metal

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3513 on: February 04, 2016, 06:54:26 AM »
Blob, sometimes I want to be snobby and delve deep into sophisticated music and other times a want to grab my crotch and rock the cock out!

Leave it in yours pants.  :lol 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3514 on: February 04, 2016, 06:55:50 AM »

The only song from Psycho Circus that all original 4 played on.

Leave it in yours pants.  :lol 

It needs fresh air once in a while. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3515 on: February 04, 2016, 06:56:21 AM »
Listening to the entire V-Rock track from Vice City Stories this morning.  It's on my phone and I now have these Bluetooth headphones, so I can walk pretty much anywhere in my immediate office and still listen while my phone stays plugged in at my desk.  Hell yeah.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3516 on: February 04, 2016, 06:57:04 AM »
All that DLR talk only brought one thought to mind.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3517 on: February 04, 2016, 06:58:34 AM »
Listening to the entire V-Rock track from Vice City Stories this morning.  It's on my phone and I now have these Bluetooth headphones, so I can walk pretty much anywhere in my immediate office and still listen while my phone stays plugged in at my desk.  Hell yeah.

I haven't heard that one as much as I've only played it a bit, but I've listened to VRock from Vice City so many times that I still know it word for word. :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3518 on: February 04, 2016, 06:59:03 AM »

Yeah, me too. A rockin' tune too. :metal

I just looked that song up on YouTube. :umno:

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3519 on: February 04, 2016, 07:00:08 AM »
I haven't heard that one as much as I've only played it a bit, but I've listened to VRock from Vice City so many times that I still know it word for word. :lol

Me too.  Every.  Word.

I just looked that song up on YouTube. :umno:

No u.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3520 on: February 04, 2016, 07:02:00 AM »
Classic Ace tune.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3521 on: February 04, 2016, 07:02:22 AM »

That's actually awesome. What's the range?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3522 on: February 04, 2016, 07:06:08 AM »
I just figured out you guys are talking about a fake radio program in a video game!  :rollin :rollin

:lol

Okay, I'm out. Gotta get to work.

:lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3523 on: February 04, 2016, 07:07:20 AM »

Me too.  Every.  Word.

You know if one more mom calls in complaining "My son listened to your station and then he flunked out of school. Wah wah wah." Well how are you gonna learn to party at school, mom?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3524 on: February 04, 2016, 07:15:51 AM »
Then Coz walked over to another cubicle, took a coffee cup, smashed it against the other employee's skull and took all his pens.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3525 on: February 04, 2016, 07:27:16 AM »
Then Coz walked over to another cubicle, took a coffee cup, smashed it against the other employee's skull and took all his pens.

:lol envisioning that

6 Days until I leave for my cruise, can't wait .

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3526 on: February 04, 2016, 07:34:07 AM »

Can't find any sort of documentation for them that actually gives that information.  They're 808 Shox BT headphones.  They have cordless Bluetooth capability and a cable you can plug in for not BT use.  Very cool.  I got a good ways down the hall towards the elevators before they started cutting out, so I'm gonna guess 30-40-ish feet.  The outside of the right earpiece has play/pause controls and volume up and down controls.  Pretty damned cool.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3527 on: February 04, 2016, 07:56:53 AM »

Can't find any sort of documentation for them that actually gives that information.  They're 808 Shox BT headphones.  They have cordless Bluetooth capability and a cable you can plug in for not BT use.  Very cool.  I got a good ways down the hall towards the elevators before they started cutting out, so I'm gonna guess 30-40-ish feet.  The outside of the right earpiece has play/pause controls and volume up and down controls.  Pretty damned cool.

That is all sorts of awesomeness. I've never actually tried to see how far I could go with Bluetooth. I've only used it in the car. I might get those headphones. I need a new set.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3528 on: February 04, 2016, 08:01:03 AM »
They're over the ear.  Actually, more on the ear.  I have a giant Charlie Brown head, so I have to extend them as far as they'll go.  I'm sure they're not the greatest sounding headphones ever, but they work just fine for my purposes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WQ4BCLE

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3529 on: February 04, 2016, 08:57:13 AM »
They're over the ear.  Actually, more on the ear.  I have a giant Charlie Brown head, so I have to extend them as far as they'll go.  I'm sure they're not the greatest sounding headphones ever, but they work just fine for my purposes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WQ4BCLE

:lol  Charlie Brown

I'll take a look at them. I want to get a good set but I don't want to spend a fortune either. Anything is better than the ear buds I have now.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3530 on: February 04, 2016, 09:22:34 AM »
I despise ear buds.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3531 on: February 04, 2016, 09:24:34 AM »
As do I.  Over the ear is the only way to go.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3532 on: February 04, 2016, 09:25:14 AM »
As do I.  Over the ear is the only way to go.
Indeed. They don't fall out every time you turn your head . . .

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3533 on: February 04, 2016, 09:25:18 AM »
I despise ear buds.

Me too. Stupid little thingies that don't stay in my ears and sound like poop and one of them always stop working.

This is what I have-
https://kenrockwell.com/audio/sony/images/mdr-v6/D3S_8255-1200.jpg

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3534 on: February 04, 2016, 09:26:14 AM »
I only use my SONY over-the-ears .

But I keep my earpods in my rucksack anyway incase I want to listen to something and I don't have my big headphones with me.