Author Topic: Into The Badlands - New AMC Series  (Read 1102 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Into The Badlands - New AMC Series
« on: November 21, 2015, 06:58:54 PM »
Anyone else watching this? The pilot episode was pretty cool.....the action sequences were awesome IMO and in AMC fashion the production and 'look' were top notch.

The idea behind the show appears to have many different avenues in which to create a long lasting storyline.....it's only been one episode but I'll probably watch the first season as it's intriguing enough for me.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Into The Badlands - New AMC Series
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »
The previews I've seen look batshit crazy.

The reviews I've read all speak very highly of the fight sequences, and very poorly of the rest of the show (story, acting, etc).

I've got so much on my plate right now, I'm not sure if I have time to devote to something like this.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 10:09:59 AM »
The reviews I've read all speak very highly of the fight sequences, and very poorly of the rest of the show (story, acting, etc).

This is pretty much it. I'm hoping the story picks up....the acting is fine but at this point it is surely a bit of a set up concerning the story. But man....the fight sequences are fantastic!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 10:11:05 AM »
Bump...

Anyone else watching this? I think this is actually a pretty cool show. Season 1 picked up and thus far in season 2 it's been good. The choreography of the fight scenes are still incredible, the production and cinematography are top notch as well and the individual storylines are good enough IMO to keep me watching.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 08:14:49 AM »
I've seen some commercials and it looked pretty interesting. I'll give it a shot since I'm not watching anything right now.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants.