Author Topic: Riverside - New album ID.Entity out January 20 2023  (Read 131909 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Riverside - New album ID.Entity out January 20 2023
« Reply #1190 on: March 18, 2023, 05:21:10 PM »
Just going to share what I put on Facebook as a summary of where I stand after seeing them in NYC and Philly.

---

Alright, let's talk a little bit about Riverside and why they are, pretty much, the best.
Musically they are progressive rock/metal, but in pretty much the perfect way for me. All four guys are just about equally featured and important to the band. All four are talented, but their talent is more likely shine through in their songwriting than in musical gymnastics. Rarely has a band wanted to make me learn keyboards, guitar, bass, and drums (for real), because of how well each execute their parts while still seeming reasonably attainable.
And then you have the live aspect which I truly appreciate. Those same four guys making the most live, pure, organic show possible. The sound is always so clean, you can pick up all the different parts and intricacies very easily. I've never been able to have a long talk with Mariusz or anyone about their live setup, but after 12 shows I can say with some level of confidence that there are limited to no backing tracks, except for song intros, and also limited to no sampling except at certain needed moments. This is where they separate themselves so much from their contemporaries.
Long story short, there are two things from Poland that I thoroughly love:
1. Pierogis
2. Riverside

Pretty much sums up how I feel about this band. And something else I appreciated about their show is that they have a lighting guy. I was standing near him and saw him playing around with the light controllers the whole show. Nothing was preprogrammed in terms of lighting.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 05:33:31 PM by Vmadera00 »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1191 on: March 20, 2023, 10:58:06 AM »
Saw Riverside the other night and while they were really good (especially the "new" songs), it wasn't as energetic a performance as I saw them put out last year! Still, very enjoyable! They truly are an amazing band!

I felt the same way and wasn't sure if it was just me.  (I've actually felt them to be really energetic in general; the tour for Shrine of New Generation Slaves was incredible.). Really good show, but not as energetic as I was expecting.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #1192 on: March 22, 2023, 02:37:05 PM »
They were great in the final show of the tour last night. The way the seating was laid out in the venue was—I think—a mistake, and it may have dampened the mood for some (no one able to stand near the stage), but I still had a blast. I thought all of the new songs sounded better live, which is rare for me, and the older material was really well-chosen. I couldn't get enough of Michal's energy.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1193 on: April 26, 2023, 03:00:05 PM »
Saw them live again tonight, 4th time overall. They were great as always! Sound was excellent, light show was solid, setlist had a nice balance of old and new, and more importantly the members were in a good mood and that really makes a difference and spreads through the room. In terms of a newer progressive rock band that blends the old school prog with newer stuff, and keeps it fairly traditional (like no harsh vocals for example), I don't know if there's anyone better than Riverside honestly. I feel like they would be my first recommendation for someone who is into DT-type of prog, and I honestly get more out of listening to Riverside than a lot of 'similar' bands.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1194 on: September 04, 2023, 03:43:30 PM »
Happy 8th Anniversary to "Love, Fear and The Time Machine”

What are your fav songs from the record?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1195 on: September 04, 2023, 03:45:02 PM »

Are you running a Facebook page now?  ;)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1196 on: September 05, 2023, 12:00:29 AM »

#Addicted and Lost are my favourites here.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1197 on: September 05, 2023, 06:57:25 AM »
#Addicted. Always liked Discard Your Fears and Time Travellers as well. I knot it's not a very strong album, but it's still makes for a good listen.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1198 on: September 05, 2023, 07:52:39 AM »
In opposition to the poster above, I think it's their 2nd best album and #Addicted is easily my least favorite song from it. :lol

Caterpillar And The Barbed Wire, Saturate Me, Towards The Blue Horizon (no one's mentioned that yet???) and Time Travelers are my favorites. Lost and Discard Your Fear are great too.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1199 on: September 05, 2023, 07:54:42 AM »
Tastes, am I right?  :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1200 on: February 12, 2024, 06:07:37 AM »

Online The Letter M

« Reply #1201 on: February 19, 2024, 09:29:12 AM »
We're pleased to let you know that on June 1st, 2024, we will be recording our THIRD OFFICIAL CONCERT ALBUM, which will be released half a year later. We thought it would be a good idea to sum up the recent years of our stage presence with a big concert (as it turns out, we do it once a decade ;)). We've chosen our hometown, Warsaw, as it has a symbolic meaning for us because we haven't recorded a live performance here before; and we've picked the legendary Torwar Hall, where each of us has seen at least a few "once-in-a-lifetime" shows.

So if you would like to be there with us on June 1st and then hear yourself applaud and shout on the "LIVE AT TORWAR 2024" vinyl 😉 go ahead and book the tickets, and we'll see you there!

Miło nam poinformować, że 1 czerwca 2024 roku będziemy nagrywali nasze TRZECIE OFICJALNE WYDAWNICTWO KONCERTOWE, które ukaże się pół roku później. Stwierdziliśmy, że dobrze byłoby podsumować ostatnie lata naszej scenicznej aktywności jakimś dużym występem i zarejestrować naszą obecną  koncertową formę (Oficjalnie, jak się okazuje, robimy to raz na dekadę ;)). Wybór padł więc na miejsce naszego zamieszkania - Warszawę. Ma to dla nas symboliczne znaczenie, bo oficjalnej koncertówki z naszego rodzinnego miasta jeszcze nie mieliśmy. Na miejsce występu wybraliśmy kultowy Torwar, na którym to - dla każdego z nas - zagranych zostało conajmniej kilka ważnych koncertów życia.

Jeśli więc tego dnia - 1 czerwca - będziecie mieli ochotę być razem z nami i mieć potem z tego wydarzenia pamiątkę, słysząc np. swoje brawa i okrzyki z winyla „LIVE AT TORWAR 2024” 😉 - serdecznie Was wszystkich zapraszamy!

https://www.facebook.com/share/T6veYq799FRbitQq/?mibextid=oFDknk

Very exciting news!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!