Author Topic: Time for a drink. Who's in?  (Read 255108 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Time for a drink. Who's in?
« Reply #1050 on: February 07, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »
Mmmmm, Nugget Nectar. How's that stout Joe?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1051 on: February 07, 2016, 05:50:46 PM »
Slightly more coffee than a Guinness.  It's good, not great.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1052 on: February 07, 2016, 05:53:44 PM »
In.

Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1053 on: February 07, 2016, 06:08:25 PM »
Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
  • Take me far away, to the ends of this earth.
« Reply #1054 on: February 07, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »
Too young to drink.
Does wine actually taste good for some of you?

Edit: Stupid, obvious question....
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1055 on: February 07, 2016, 08:45:01 PM »
I've never enjoyed wine. Only been able to tolerate some more than others. I enjoy cooking with it though.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #1056 on: February 07, 2016, 08:48:57 PM »
I've never enjoyed wine. Only been able to tolerate some more than others. I enjoy cooking with it though.

Ah yes, cooking. That makes perfect sense.
Then what about shots and liquor and beer? Same results?
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1057 on: February 07, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth and candy sweet.

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #1058 on: February 07, 2016, 09:11:53 PM »
That's really cool!
I agree with Coke being smooth and sweet. What is Jack Daniels?
And can you add me to the list of people who sig'd you? Thanks.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1059 on: February 07, 2016, 09:15:56 PM »
lol. Doing so immediately  :)

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #1060 on: February 07, 2016, 09:16:32 PM »
Great! I'm honored.  :metal

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1061 on: February 07, 2016, 09:18:54 PM »
I'm also honored since, until now, I never had anyone going through the trouble to help make the whole prog community aware of my five years of illegal drinking.

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #1062 on: February 07, 2016, 09:20:33 PM »
 :o
 :lol
Don't worry about it! No one's going to call the authorities to come and arrest you ;)

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1063 on: February 07, 2016, 09:22:25 PM »
:o
Don't worry about it! No one's going to call the authorities to come and arrest you ;)

Well, not for the drinking, anyway.

In, a couple of Sol.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1064 on: February 07, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »
Opened a 2015 Bourbon County Coffee, which was sadly infected. Drinking a Saint Arnold's Bishop's Barrel #8 instead, which is pretty tasty.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #1065 on: February 08, 2016, 03:11:28 PM »
In, enjoying some very nice Trapiste Rochefort beer with my roommates  :azn:
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #1066 on: February 08, 2016, 03:25:15 PM »
In! Chianti  :D
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1067 on: February 09, 2016, 01:29:16 AM »
Wow. Two whole posts in here today. Guess we were all licking our wounds from Super Bowl Sunday.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1068 on: February 09, 2016, 05:57:12 AM »
I stayed completely dry yesterday, Floyd. That must be the first time in a year.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1069 on: February 09, 2016, 06:20:47 AM »
I had one beer, a Double Bag from Longtrail, passed out and woke up with a 1/3 or the beer in it.

I am shamed.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: February 09, 2016, 06:21:37 AM »
Cos is going to call you emasculating names.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1071 on: February 09, 2016, 06:26:14 AM »
I was tired man! :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1072 on: February 09, 2016, 06:26:58 AM »
He's an emasculine kinda guy.  Hey, I didn't even drink yesterday, so I got nothin'.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1073 on: February 09, 2016, 06:28:26 AM »
Coz seen me with my suds first hand.  He know my consumption of all things hops.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1074 on: February 09, 2016, 06:29:06 AM »
Can't even work up a good "Nancy" put down. Rare times, lads. Rare times, indeed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1075 on: February 09, 2016, 06:30:16 AM »
He knows who he's dealing with.  I have my own human keg I've been working on for 30 years. :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1076 on: February 09, 2016, 06:33:22 AM »
You had one more than I did yesterday, so I got no room to Nancy anyone.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1077 on: February 09, 2016, 06:36:36 AM »

In your face Flanders! :lol

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1078 on: February 09, 2016, 06:39:20 AM »
Wow. Two whole posts in here today. Guess we were all licking our wounds from Super Bowl Sunday.

Not me!  We got to use the corporate box seats for the Rangers/Devils game at MSG, so I have a couple of Johnny Walker Blacks and a Stella.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: February 09, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »

Not me!  We got to use the corporate box seats for the Rangers/Devils game at MSG, so I have a couple of Johnny Walker Blacks and a Stella.

Awesome, nice win for the Rangers!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1080 on: February 09, 2016, 07:23:41 PM »
In.

Harpoon Leviathan IPA. 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1081 on: February 09, 2016, 07:25:23 PM »
In.

Jack Daniels Single Barrel on the rocks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1082 on: February 09, 2016, 07:30:41 PM »
In.

Harpoon Long Thaw IPA.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1083 on: February 10, 2016, 08:10:32 AM »
In, vanilla bead old fashioned.  Muddle a 1" sq of orange peel (pith removed), a 2" piece of vanilla bean (slit open) and three dashes of bitters.  Add 1 tbsp simple syrup, 1/2 cup bourbon, ice, and a marachino cherry.  Then, be amazed at how the vanilla notes in bourbon and an actual vanilla bean play off one another.

I tried this last night except for I didn't use simple syrup. I soaked a raw sugar cube in bitters and muddled it with the orange peal and the vanilla bean. Excellent drink, millahh!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1084 on: February 10, 2016, 04:20:10 PM »
In.  Made this little guy with a session IPA from Harpoon.

https://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/us/drinks/jameson-caskmates-beer-cocktail-ipa-fizz