Author Topic: Time for a drink. Who's in?  (Read 257397 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Time for a drink. Who's in?
« Reply #840 on: January 23, 2016, 06:55:03 PM »
In, snow is still coming down hard

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #841 on: January 23, 2016, 07:22:09 PM »
In, made a float with Abita hard root beer.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #842 on: January 23, 2016, 07:46:05 PM »
In, made a float with Abita hard root beer.

Mah nigga :)
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #843 on: January 23, 2016, 09:03:08 PM »
In, Bushmills after going out in and playing in the snow a bit.
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #844 on: January 23, 2016, 09:41:29 PM »
I'm like ten in, listening to Satyricon, and what is love, baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no maw.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #845 on: January 24, 2016, 06:34:07 PM »
In.

Yuengling lager.  Later, Eagle Rare.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #846 on: January 24, 2016, 06:41:09 PM »
Opeth imperial stout was okay on the whole but definitely nothing special as far as imperial stouts go. Gonna try to age my other bottle at least ten years to see what that does for its flavor.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #847 on: January 26, 2016, 07:47:23 PM »
In.

Founders Backwards Bastard and now Stone Xocoveza.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

• DT.net Member
« Reply #848 on: January 26, 2016, 07:56:31 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #849 on: January 26, 2016, 08:02:36 PM »
I bought a 6 pack and I saw 5 cases still there as well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #850 on: January 26, 2016, 08:09:20 PM »
I'm at school, so I'll just have some Apple Cider. If I was at home, I would be adding something to it.

Update
...The next day

In
Sam Adams Winter Lager

This is a good one, really smooth
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:06:21 PM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #851 on: January 27, 2016, 04:47:11 PM »
In, just had soms Brigand Tripel whit soms people from Sports in a place called Betere Tijden in Groningen. Lovely place, but thos Brigand Tripel drink easy but do kick in :O
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #852 on: January 27, 2016, 04:51:52 PM »
Slow couple of days around here.  Think I'll pour myself a scotch... but what kind am I in the mood for??
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #853 on: January 27, 2016, 04:54:18 PM »
Chad, I bought another bottle of Glenmorangie 18 but this time it's the Sherry Finish rather than port. Poor you some of that and I'll join you in about 20 minutes!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #854 on: January 27, 2016, 05:02:33 PM »
Chad, so now that you've had the bottle for a while, it's it a grower, or not your cup of tea? 

I saw a Bourbon that a beer company used their barrels to age a stout, then they got it back and aged a Bourbon in them. I want it.

Also, In.  Longtrail Double Bag.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #855 on: January 27, 2016, 05:46:38 PM »
In

Today royally sucked ass at work.  Time for a drink of my typical vodka club.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #856 on: January 27, 2016, 06:07:26 PM »
Chad, I bought another bottle of Glenmorangie 18 but this time it's the Sherry Finish rather than port. Poor you some of that and I'll join you in about 20 minutes!

Just poured a Glenmorangie 12 (port finish) myself!

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #857 on: January 27, 2016, 06:07:58 PM »
In, just had soms Brigand Tripel whit soms people from Sports in a place called Betere Tijden in Groningen. Lovely place, but thos Brigand Tripel drink easy but do kick in :O

Welcome to Club Cirrhosis!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #858 on: January 27, 2016, 06:11:20 PM »

Welcome to Club Cirrhosis!

It's getting late over in the netherlands, welcome

• DT.net Member
« Reply #859 on: January 27, 2016, 06:11:45 PM »
In. Felt like saving the wallet and got some Fawwwsta's. First drank a 25-ounce oil can of their lager, now having the same size ale. Also, I ate a pound of old bay shrimp and a slice of cheese cake.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #860 on: January 27, 2016, 06:38:45 PM »
I haven't had the oil can in a long time, and I actually think it was Foster's Special Bitter.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #861 on: January 27, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »
I'd like to try it for the fuck of it. It'll suck but I wanna know how it sucks.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #862 on: January 27, 2016, 06:54:19 PM »

*clink*

We're celebrating Mrs. P accepting a (lucrative) position with a new organization. Champagne with a splash of lemonchello.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #863 on: January 27, 2016, 07:06:19 PM »

*clink*

We're celebrating Mrs. P accepting a (lucrative) position with a new organization. Champagne with a splash of lemonchello.

Congrats! wow lemonchello.  I have some homemade lemonchello from my friend's uncle (big Italian family) who makes it really strong and really good.  Haven't even heard of it or thought of it until you said that.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #864 on: January 27, 2016, 07:18:04 PM »
Funny story about why we put lemonchello in our champagne.

In 2014 we were playing "drinking around the world" at Epcot (if you don't know this game, I can describe it later) in the pouring rain. By the time we got to Italy we were soaked to the skin and were about three sheets to the wind. Suddenly the rain stopped when we walked up to a street vendor to see what he had to drink.

On his menu was (1) Prosecco (2)  Caravella Limoncello. We ordered one of each. The vendor poured the lemoncello and was pouring the prosecco when the bottle ran out half way through filling the glass. Mrs. P just said, "Just fill it the rest of the way with lemoncello. I'm freezing out here." So that's what he did and then proceeded to go fetch another case of prosecco.

It was so good that an hour later eight of us staggered away from the cart halving each drank four glasses of the concoction each. The vendor had several hundred dollars in his pocket.  :biggrin:

• DT.net Member
« Reply #865 on: January 27, 2016, 07:20:30 PM »
Sounds good to me. I liked the Trident Layers™ Grape Lemonade flavor so this sounds legit to my little ear.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #866 on: January 27, 2016, 07:23:23 PM »
It's a bit sweet, my brother, so if you there bring your sweet tooth.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #867 on: January 27, 2016, 07:26:56 PM »
Oh, BTW, when we were in Australia in 2012, we literally couldn't find Fosters.  The Aussies we knew all drank Stella...or more frequently wine. They told us the Fosters was really an American thing.  :lol

It kind spoiled my image of them, really.  :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #868 on: January 27, 2016, 07:43:52 PM »
I hate Fosters. The aftertaste is unbearable.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #869 on: January 27, 2016, 08:12:29 PM »
Sierra Nevada Coffee Stout now. I really wish I could get this instead of a 12er which only comes with 3 bottls of it and 9 bottles of other beers.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #870 on: January 27, 2016, 08:29:24 PM »
I'd like to try it for the fuck of it. It'll suck but I wanna know how it sucks.

Bad enough that it's the reason I haven't had Foster's in so long. 

It's definitely made with skunk aroma.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #871 on: January 27, 2016, 09:27:33 PM »

Bad enough that it's the reason I haven't had Foster's in so long. 

It's definitely made with skunk aroma.

Eau de Armpit

• DT.net Member
« Reply #872 on: January 27, 2016, 09:38:19 PM »
Patchouli?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #873 on: January 28, 2016, 04:41:45 AM »
Decided to go with Bowmore Gold last night.

@ Joe... it's a good bottle when I'm in the mood for something peaty and smokey.  I dig it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #874 on: January 28, 2016, 06:02:11 AM »
I envy folks who can enjoy Islay Scotch. It's probably a lost cause for me.