Author Topic: Time for a drink. Who's in?  (Read 255121 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Time for a drink. Who's in?
« Reply #3640 on: March 27, 2019, 04:56:58 PM »
 :lol ill lick it up

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3641 on: March 27, 2019, 04:59:16 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3642 on: April 19, 2019, 08:28:27 PM »
In. Drinking one of these tonight.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #3643 on: April 19, 2019, 09:48:53 PM »
That sounds interesting, I'd love to try it.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3644 on: April 19, 2019, 10:23:55 PM »
Yea it’s a seasonal 4-pack, I bought 12 4 packs :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3645 on: April 30, 2019, 08:40:39 PM »
Cooling these 2 right now. Literally the last 2 that we’re left where I bought them.

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3646 on: May 01, 2019, 04:58:16 AM »
That's awesome!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3647 on: May 03, 2019, 06:48:44 PM »
In. Having some white wine tonight.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3648 on: May 03, 2019, 07:04:53 PM »
In. 

Treehouse - Spring
2nd Shift Brewing - You Got To Be Kitten Me
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3649 on: May 04, 2019, 07:31:08 PM »
Just got back from my first round of 18 holes for the season. Had great fun but posted my worst score in a decade. I’m in like Flin!

G&T
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3650 on: May 04, 2019, 10:44:46 PM »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3651 on: May 05, 2019, 06:18:06 AM »
An appearance by Josh!!!!  :panicattack:

I keep forgetting you're not around here much, cuz I constantly see you in my FB feed.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3652 on: May 05, 2019, 12:20:43 PM »
Clown Shoes has a ton of great beers.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ruba

« Reply #3653 on: May 05, 2019, 03:04:32 PM »

Hi BF! :wave:  :metal Wish you were more active 'round here! Also what's with the name? You lost a bet or something?

And in. I'm having some liquorice porter. Good stuff.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3654 on: May 05, 2019, 04:59:23 PM »
Milagro tequila!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3655 on: May 05, 2019, 05:06:28 PM »
Rum & cokes for tonight.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3656 on: May 05, 2019, 05:09:03 PM »
In.  Boulevard Barrel Room Series.

Brandy Barreled Aged Belgian- Style Golden Ale.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #3657 on: May 05, 2019, 05:42:12 PM »
Also, these things are yummy!

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #3658 on: May 05, 2019, 06:13:49 PM »
Few beers at the beaches of lake huron. Now home and sipping on my fathers own homemade moonshine. Strong shit. Need to sip an ice cold club soda after.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3659 on: May 05, 2019, 07:37:55 PM »
Sipping on Aaron, a 2016 bourbon barrel aged barleywine from Hill Farmstead, while I watch Game of Thrones after a busy day.
Photobucket sucks.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3660 on: May 05, 2019, 07:59:37 PM »
An appearance by Josh!!!!  :panicattack:

I keep forgetting you're not around here much, cuz I constantly see you in my FB feed.

Word. Regardless, thanks for the exuberant welcome <3 I really need to friend more people from here so my lapses in posting won't really be any kind of lapse if I still regularly communicate with all the people that actually enjoy my presence.

Clown Shoes has a ton of great beers.

Bruh, you are not lying. Their Snow on the Maple Tree could be my all time #1 if I'm in the right mood. At worst, I'd place it maybe #5 or 6 but not often since it might be my go-to above all others. Kind of a bummer that the Blaecorn Unidragon I had last night was a lil disappointing for what I was expecting from CS. Like, if you gave it to me in an unmarked bottle I'd be floored by the velvety mouthfeel and find the bitter, slightly medicinal flavor profile to not be particularly bad but when I'm spending $10 on a tallboy I expect greatness, especially with the Clown Shoes name attached to it.

Here's my iffy attempt at recreating my old 2011 emoji:

Old 2011 emoji: :floydapproves:

Hi BF! :wave:  :metal Wish you were more active 'round here! Also what's with the name? You lost a bet or something?

Hey ROOBZ! Thanks so much for the kind words <3 I'd love to friend you on Facebook since I tend to check that daily and it'd be great to be able to stay in touch. I'll PM you my info. No bet lost. Just a whimsical sequence of posts. Iirc, you're from South America and follow the NBA but don't follow the NFL so you might need a lil background to make sense of this. If you want clarification, I can do so in like one paragraph. Anyhoo, just read Stadler's post in this link and then I reply to it 2 or 3 posts later.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=49579.msg2349490#msg2349490

Lastly, I'm not big on licorice but I like porters a lot so I'd be down to try that. What's it called so I can look it up?

Looks interesting. Is the "TIL-%/VOL-%" just a bilingual representation of the same thing or are they two different things?

Sipping on Aaron, a 2016 bourbon barrel aged barleywine from Hill Farmstead, while I watch Game of Thrones after a busy day.

Just looked this up on beeradvocate.com. I'm intimidated by the score, 4.6, and size of the bottle. I'm just gonna guess this is at least $25 for the bottle but I won't be surprised if it's considerably more. Also, what's the abv? Lastly, what kinda notes is it packin, how's the carbonation, mouthfeel, etc.?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Ruba

« Reply #3661 on: May 05, 2019, 08:16:11 PM »

Hey ROOBZ! Thanks so much for the kind words <3 I'd love to friend you on Facebook since I tend to check that daily and it'd be great to be able to stay in touch. I'll PM you my info. No bet lost. Just a whimsical sequence of posts. Iirc, you're from South America and follow the NBA but don't follow the NFL so you might need a lil background to make sense of this. If you want clarification, I can do so in like one paragraph. Anyhoo, just read Stadler's post in this link and then I reply to it 2 or 3 posts later.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=49579.msg2349490#msg2349490

Lastly, I'm not big on licorice but I like porters a lot so I'd be down to try that. What's it called so I can look it up?

Looks interesting. Is the "TIL-%/VOL-%" just a bilingual representation of the same thing or are they two different things?

Just looked this up on beeradvocate.com. I'm intimidated by the score, 4.6, and size of the bottle. I'm just gonna guess this is at least $25 for the bottle but I won't be surprised if it's considerably more. Also, what's the abv? Lastly, what kinda notes is it packin, how's the carbonation, mouthfeel, etc.?

My good man, I'd love to friend you on facebook, but I'll rarely post anything in there and when I do it's in my native language. If that shit's fine by you, good.

That porter has 5,4% alcohol and I don't think they'd selling in the 'States.  :-[

Long drinks ain't beer at all and if you're visiting Finland in the future, I'd be more than happy to bring you a crash course on 'em :biggrin:. The number you're seeing is the same in any language, but for age old reasons the text needs to be in both Finnish and Swedish.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3662 on: May 05, 2019, 08:25:39 PM »
Lol I can't figure out why I thought you were from South America. But thanks for all the other info.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #3663 on: May 05, 2019, 08:32:18 PM »
Lol I can't figure out why I thought you were from South America. But thanks for all the other info.

No harm done, I wasn't posting that regularly for a few years but I remember you from the time I was at my most active :).

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3664 on: May 05, 2019, 09:21:28 PM »

I don't recall the exact price offhand but $25 sounds about right (500mL bottle). ABV is a mystery, nothing on the label. Lots of caramelized sugar up front, some nice fig and raisin dark fruits, and after four years some light oxidation has integrated itself nicely. Carbonation is barely there, just enough to keep the mouthfeel rich without crossing the line into unbearably syrupy. Really just a fantastic beer.
Photobucket sucks.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3665 on: May 05, 2019, 09:44:53 PM »
Well, fuck my wallet lol.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3666 on: May 06, 2019, 05:53:08 AM »

Nekov is the Argentinian that is the NBA fan.  Might have mixed 'em up.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ruba

« Reply #3667 on: May 06, 2019, 09:02:26 AM »
Oof I think I had one or two too many last night. :blush

Anyways:

Long drinks are carbonated alcoholic beverages that are usually flavored with citrus fruits or sour berries and have some gin. ABV is often something in the range of 4,5-5,5%. My go-to-flavours are cassis (the one pictured) and grapefruit. They have rather sweet and a bit sour taste and are super refreshing on hot summer days. :hat

Nekov is the Argentinian that is the NBA fan.  Might have mixed 'em up.

Seems logical and I don't mind being mixed up with Nek, he's a cool guy.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3668 on: May 08, 2019, 08:10:19 PM »
In. Glenmorangie 12. *clinks* to Gregg for pushing me to dig out my scotch.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3669 on: May 08, 2019, 08:18:56 PM »
In. Just having a Sam Adams, nothing fancy

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3670 on: May 08, 2019, 08:36:04 PM »
In. Glenmorangie 12. *clinks* to Gregg for pushing me to dig out my scotch.

*clink*  JW 18!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3671 on: May 08, 2019, 08:37:39 PM »
Dammit. Just fantastic beer. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3672 on: May 24, 2019, 04:31:27 PM »
Made a vodka cocktail in my room in Worcester, tonights going to be a good night

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3673 on: May 24, 2019, 04:34:19 PM »
I'm in with blood orange Cointreau, red grapes juice and indian tonic because it sounded like heaven after a busy work day. I really should stop posting in the shopping carts thread and just enjoy the stuff.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3674 on: May 24, 2019, 04:36:55 PM »
 :lol were the goods in a shopping cart before getting home?