Author Topic: Ministry of Lost Souls.... I don't get it.  (Read 9978 times)

Offline Count of Tuscany 1

Re: Ministry of Lost Souls.... I don't get it.
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 12:04:52 AM »
I quote, the highest rated comment on songmeanings.com

"Here is my opinion, for one: the song has no mention whatsoever of drowning, the lyric is "the waters edge is where she waits", how does one drown on the edge of a body of water? then "the other side is where he waits, his spirit reaching out". If you pay close attention the imagery is of two people on opposite sides of a river, or at least some kind of body of water. A very common piece of Christian imagery/symbolism is crossing the Jordan River(or any river) as symbolizing death. And one very key idea to interpreting this song is its name "The Ministry of Lost Souls". "She" in this song represents mankind, "He" represents Jesus Christ, reaching out, drawing people in, offering them hope, telling them "don't turn your back on paradise". The idea is that we reject His loving hand far too often and turn away from Him, or maybe we are afraid. The song is symbolic for the human condition from a Christian worldview. It may seem biased considering that I am a Christian myself, but 3 members of DT are bold, practicing Christians, I don't think its going too far to say that they would write a beautiful, symbolic song about the Christian faith."

https://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858663384/

I like this interpretation, as this is the imagery that I get whenever I hear this song.  I'm sure there are others that disagree, but it is my interpretation and it has much meaning to me.

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
Re: Ministry of Lost Souls.... I don't get it.
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 02:44:13 AM »
And I choose that it's a song about star wars - the spirit is a dead Jedi that lives in the force.