Author Topic: Live Astonishment  (Read 1406 times)

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
Live Astonishment
« on: December 01, 2015, 12:59:36 PM »
There will very likely be a live version of The Astonishing.

I can't imagine them NOT doing it.

And I'm sure there will be differing opinions about what form it should take.

My preference would be that they do it the "old-fashioned" way: Either put out separate DVD and Blue-Ray versions, with separate audio-CD versions available, or DVD or Blue-Ray/CD combo packs.

I would also want to see it made available in record stores, and MAYBE at places like Wal-Mart and Target.

Some people would probably want a "Deluxe Box Set" version, that would include extras like maps, videos for some of the songs, behind-the-scenes documentaries, etc.

As for the show itself, I would hope it would either include some songs that have rarely or never been played live before, such as Behind the Veil, or that haven't been played for a long time, such as The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun, or Just Let Me Breathe.

Ideas, anyone?
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Live Astonishment
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 01:59:48 PM »
Yeah it has to be a Blu Ray.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 02:01:16 PM »
Nothing that was posted would be astonishing.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 02:02:39 PM »
Yeah it has to be a Blu Ray.

Should have multiple angles so you can select to see the artists, the visuals or a mix of both....

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 02:21:31 PM »
I'm fascinated to see how they might present this album live.  Will there be actual NOMACS built and moving around high over the stage?  Will there be actors portraying the characters?  It will likely all be done on the screens like we've become accustomed to, and I can't complain about that because Blob is a freaking creative genius.  But it would be cool to have some of it come to life! 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 02:33:59 PM »

Ehhhhhhh!  :rollin

If they're going to play it live before it is released, it would be reasonable to think that they'd do something to the effect of a deluxe edition with some live material.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 02:38:13 PM »
EDIT: Wrong thread  :biggrin:

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »
They're not gonna play it live before the release date. Sure, until it's not confirmed by the band it can change and all of that, but the tentative release date of end January means they plan to release it before the tour starts. If their intention was to release it after the tour, that date wouldn't have appeared on preorder sites just yet, or it would have been set in April. The date may change of course but I can't imagine why it would be pushed back of 2 months, unless something goes awfully wrong during mastering or manufacturing of the CDs.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »

Ehhhhhhh!  :rollin

If they're going to play it live before it is released, it would be reasonable to think that they'd do something to the effect of a deluxe edition with some live material.

I meant that there would be video release from the tour, featuring a live performance of the entire thing from beginning to end.
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...