Author Topic: Fallout 4 v. War Never Changes  (Read 21169 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Fallout 4 v. War Never Changes
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2016, 06:45:53 AM »
Just picked it up for PS4 and I love it. Sure its a littler rough and janky with the glitches and freezes and long load times, but despite all that I am having a ton of fun with it. And sure the graphics might not be jaw dropping but its an apocalyptic wasteland so in this case it kind of works and overall I like look and graphics.

Its basically everything I wanted Fallout 3 to be. I bought 3 when it came out with very high anticipation and wanted to love it, but ended up putting it down a few hours in.

I'm loving Fallout 4 though.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »
I loved Fallout 4. Clocked over 100 hours in the end, did basically every side quest (never quite finished Macready's in the end but it didn't seem to be really going anywhere).

I'll play it again some day when all the DLC is released probably.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2016, 10:03:05 AM »
Yea I plan on picking it back up when the dlc comes out since I got the season pass which apparently has gone up on price since there will be more dlc than they originally expected, but the first set isn't going to be new missions I believe.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2016, 04:10:32 PM »
Just want to say that the Far harbor DLC is awesome. Already loved Fallout 4, but this new stuff is very cool.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2016, 06:10:37 PM »
Will definitely get that, honestly I totally missed about that DLC.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2016, 06:25:49 PM »
Downloaded this evening, and will start at some point tonight. Hoping to get through this before the 24th. At that point Total War takes over my life.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2016, 07:24:45 AM »
I got the season pass for dirt cheap before release, turns out the value was insane.  I think I paid $15 and I played through Automatron which was short and not that interesting, especially since I am more of a lone ranger than someone who likes companions.   Either way, this DLC from my understanding is really large and well done.  I will be playing it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2016, 07:31:02 AM »
Haven't played in a while and last time I played I was heavily into a mod phase building my humongous base at the castle. Hopefully I won't run into problems booting up the game again.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #183 on: August 15, 2016, 03:57:12 PM »
Pretty cool trailer, seems like the most interesting DLC yet.

Fallout 4: Nuka-World Official Trailer

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: August 15, 2016, 05:23:37 PM »
Pretty cool trailer, seems like the most interesting DLC yet.

Fallout 4: Nuka-World Official Trailer

Looks cool.  I still never played the last DLC.  I'm thinking I'll try to bang them out after I finish Just Cause 3... but by the time I finish BF1 may be out and if that's the case... I may never come around to playing the DLC I paid for and for DLC that looks pretty solid too.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2016, 06:11:08 AM »
Nuka world looks really cool. Looks like I am going to be playing some more Fallout 4  :metal

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2016, 08:04:19 AM »
I started Fallout 4 and it was boring.  Walking around all day trying to figure out what to do?  Is that how the whole game is?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2016, 08:18:17 AM »
I started Fallout 4 and it was boring.  Walking around all day trying to figure out what to do?  Is that how the whole game is?
Er, you get objectives that tell you exactly where on the map you need to go.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2016, 08:56:17 AM »

Yea, you can just follow the questlines, but at the end of the day, there is certainly a lot of walking around and discovery.  The game isn't for everyone, but definitely one of the better RPGs IMO.  At least for me as someone who is more of a FPS fan than RPG.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2016, 09:40:49 AM »

Yea, you can just follow the questlines, but at the end of the day, there is certainly a lot of walking around and discovery.  The game isn't for everyone, but definitely one of the better RPGs IMO.  At least for me as someone who is more of a FPS fan than RPG.

I suppose I should give it more time.  It just had a very slow beginning and didn't really grab me at all.  If I'm not saying "WOW" at the beginning of a game, it won't hold my attention for very long.  I'll give it another whirl.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2016, 04:13:34 PM »

I suppose I should give it more time.  It just had a very slow beginning and didn't really grab me at all.  If I'm not saying "WOW" at the beginning of a game, it won't hold my attention for very long.  I'll give it another whirl.
For me it's usually the oppsite, those games that stuck with me for the longest and been the most immersive game experiences are the ones i'm struggling with before they really grab me or I get a grasp of "the bigger picture" what the game has to offer. A game like Fallout 4 or any storydriven sandbox game is riddled with content you may never experience if you don't invest yourself a bit in the game instead of expecting the game to hold your hand.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: August 16, 2016, 05:11:09 PM »

For me it's usually the oppsite, those games that stuck with me for the longest and been the most immersive game experiences are the ones i'm struggling with before they really grab me or I get a grasp of "the bigger picture" what the game has to offer. A game like Fallout 4 or any storydriven sandbox game is riddled with content you may never experience if you don't invest yourself a bit in the game instead of expecting the game to hold your hand.

True. It's not a game that will blow you out of your socks in the opening. It's a slow build, although the moment you walk out of the shelter for the first time is always pretty awesome.  The game is not a big action sequencer though so you aren't going to get that.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2016, 10:36:57 AM »

I never said anything about expecting a game to hold my hand.  You took that completely out of context.  The ability to invest my time in a game has nothing to do with my ability to actually figure it out.  Right now, I'm investing my limited time in other games that seem much more interesting for the time being.  As I said before, maybe I'll give Fallout 4 another try when I get around to it.  All you really needed to say was that the game is worth investing your time.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2016, 10:48:28 AM »

I never said anything about expecting a game to hold my hand.  You took that completely out of context.  The ability to invest my time in a game has nothing to do with my ability to actually figure it out.  Right now, I'm investing my limited time in other games that seem much more interesting for the time being.  As I said before, maybe I'll give Fallout 4 another try when I get around to it.  All you really needed to say was that the game is worth investing your time.
I wasn't attacking you, I just meant that some games is harder to grasp if you don't invest some time into it. Which has nothing to with someone lacking ability to understand the game mechanic, it may be harder if you don't take your time with the game which may be hard if you have limited time.  :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2016, 11:01:30 AM »
Typically putting 100 hours in fallout is normal, I don't think you will get much out of this type of game if you aren't willing to put the time in to reap the benefits of seeing how your decisions play out and leveling up your character.  If you don't have the time, I probably wouldn't bother with it.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2016, 01:22:32 PM »
You definitely don't need to put in 100 hours though.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2016, 02:05:14 PM »
You definitely don't need to put in 100 hours though.

Definitely dont need to, I agree.  was just trying to make the point that you need to put in the time to enjoy the rewards.  I don't find Fallout to be like a FPS where you get some instant gratification with a kill or something (although there are some nice boss battles in Fallout)

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2018, 03:42:10 PM »
Fallout 76 Full Presentation | Microsoft E3 2018 Press Conference

4 times bigger than Fallout 4.... not necessarily a good thing but interesting atleast. I'm casually pumped!  :tup

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2018, 03:48:38 PM »
I am truly shocked that we are getting a legit new Fallout before an elder scrolls, but hey. I'm not complaining. Looks really cool.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2018, 03:54:20 PM »
I am truly shocked that we are getting a legit new Fallout before an elder scrolls, but hey. I'm not complaining. Looks really cool.
Yea it's weird but I very much think it's because ESO and how much they been feeding into that game since release and still do.
From what i've heard TES 6 is still in early development.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:35:07 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2018, 08:09:32 AM »
That game looks like a recipe for disaster. I'm not a fan of MMORPGs and I don't care how much the guy says you can play solo doing quests, the game is clearly designed for online gaming. Also, you create a game where people can build whatever they want and you also have nuclear missiles to destroy everything? No way that's gonna piss people off...
Also, there are dragons? This just seems like they wanted to mesh Skyrim with Fallout.

I was really hoping this presentation would make me change my mind but it just made me really not want to play this game.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2018, 08:20:12 AM »
I liked the idea of having just a small bunch of players instead of thousands in one map.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2018, 08:48:27 AM »
I liked the idea of having just a small bunch of players instead of thousands in one map.

Yeah, I have to admit that one part makes sense.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2018, 10:31:05 AM »
Also, there are dragons? This just seems like they wanted to mesh Skyrim with Fallout.
Nah that's only a giant bat.  :P

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2018, 10:56:19 AM »
Nah that's only a giant bat.  :P

:lol Let's be serious, that totally looked like fighting a dragon in skyrim.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2018, 08:14:46 AM »
So apparently Fallout 76 will have no NPCs at all, only real players. So how will the quest system then work?

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2018, 08:25:36 AM »
So apparently Fallout 76 will have no NPCs at all, only real players. So how will the quest system then work?

Yeah, I was watching an interview where they mentioned that. I don't know how that will work. The guy also mentioned they are working out a way that you can play without other players in the server ruining your game. Maybe they will have this PVP switch where you can choose whether you are up for it or not?
The other thing that jumped to mind about not having NPCs, how the hell do you play the game without merchants or raiders to  easily kill and loot? NPCs are a huge part of this kind of survival game.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2018, 09:28:08 AM »
That does seem to be a significant change to the game.  Wonder how that works.  I am so so on this game.  I love the Fallout series, but making it online only could be awesome or could be shit.  Just depends how they implement it and what the actual goal of the game is which I am not totally sure of.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2018, 12:28:27 PM »

Yeah, I was watching an interview where they mentioned that. I don't know how that will work. The guy also mentioned they are working out a way that you can play without other players in the server ruining your game. Maybe they will have this PVP switch where you can choose whether you are up for it or not?
The other thing that jumped to mind about not having NPCs, how the hell do you play the game without merchants or raiders to  easily kill and loot? NPCs are a huge part of this kind of survival game.
I guess ghosting or incognito mode might be one way to play "solo", atleast other players can't kill you but that also makes it boring after a while. Yea I feel even more confused about the game and it's game mechanics than I was before E3.  :-\

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2018, 05:19:51 AM »
So Fallout 76, anyone played it? Is it as bad as people say it is?