Author Topic: Marriage and Family  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Marriage and Family
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2015, 12:18:11 PM »
Please elaborate.  ::)

Usually when someone says "I'll settle", it's for something less than ideal. A house by the sea and working a job that you love that also pays well seems like a dream or a goal, not something someone would typically settle for.

For example, I'd love a house on a lake and a job that I loved going to every morning. However, if that was unobtainable for whatever reason, I'd settle for just a regular old house and a job that at least pays the bills (i.e exactly what I do now).

We might just be looking at a difference in the cultural context of the word "settle". I dunno.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:41:46 PM by Chino »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »
I actually have all that.  So the jokes on you.  :splode:

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2015, 01:28:29 PM »
And I think if this thread should be locked up. I already got your opinions so I'm fine now! Next thing would be just to come back here 10 years later and reflect on what my immature self thought.  :lol Mods? If you may? :)
Locked at the request of the OP. Angela, if you should want it reopened again, just ask.

And one closing comment from me:

Thanks Ariich.
It's fine though. I asked a stupid question, it would be right for people to answer back with the cold hard truth. In no way am I mad right now nor frustrated.  I'm just thankful for all those responses. Its shaping me and in no way is it hurting me.
There was nothing whatsoever stupid about your question. At 13 you're SUPPOSED to be curious and asking these sorts of questions. Hell, the world would be far more innovative and exciting if more people stayed that curious into adulthood. You were thinking about important things and wanted to ask about it, and you've had a completely mature reaction to the responses. So don't be hard on yourself.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.