Author Topic: Dream Theater: The Astonishing (now with moment of betrayal!)  (Read 1200814 times)

Re: Dream Theater: The Astonishing (now with premier of The Gift of Music!)
« Reply #4305 on: December 28, 2015, 09:21:23 AM »
on roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/de:

"Über zwei Stunden brand neue Dream Theatre Musik. Dieses Bundle beinhaltet ebenfalls einen digitalen Album Download in HD Qualität (FLAC File)"

something's wrong here

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4306 on: December 28, 2015, 09:23:57 AM »

"Über zwei Stunden brand neue Dream Theatre Musik. Dieses Bundle beinhaltet ebenfalls einen digitalen Album Download in HD Qualität (FLAC File)"

something's wrong here

Yeah, Dream Theatre, spelled wrong.  :P
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline EraVulgaris

« Reply #4307 on: December 28, 2015, 09:30:12 AM »

something's wrong here

Yeah, Dream Theatre, spelled wrong.  :P
Also, brandneue is one word, not two. Somebody should get fired.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4308 on: December 28, 2015, 09:43:18 AM »
She's listening to the forbidden music. What a rebel!
As I said a number of pages back, I expect Faythe to be the love interest of either Gabriel or Ahrys.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #4309 on: December 28, 2015, 09:54:13 AM »
I bet that Faythe is the villain. She looks more like a makeup stunt gone wrong than a person, while every other character revealed thus far looks somewhat natural. The pink hair completes her image, a representation of the superficiality Dream Theater is trying to argue against with this album.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #4310 on: December 28, 2015, 10:03:03 AM »
I bet that Faythe is the villain. She looks more like a makeup stunt gone wrong than a person, while every other character revealed thus far looks somewhat natural. The pink hair completes her image, a representation of the superficiality Dream Theater is trying to argue against with this album.

The Looking Glass part II confirmed
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline RaasMah

« Reply #4311 on: December 28, 2015, 10:15:16 AM »
Please note that I didnt tried to suggest he isnt a big deal, just wanted to know if you knew him, as I consider many of this forum to a much more varied music knowledge than myself. Thats why I didnt bother to Wiki him, sometimes "from mouth to ear" (err my english is lagging ;)) is the best way to know a man status.
It's certainly a better way than "ass to mouth."

Oh certainly :lol

You can tell English isnt my first language, Im trying really hard not to be clock guy number 2, but sometime there are slips :\

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4312 on: December 28, 2015, 10:20:25 AM »
Please note that I didnt tried to suggest he isnt a big deal, just wanted to know if you knew him, as I consider many of this forum to a much more varied music knowledge than myself. Thats why I didnt bother to Wiki him, sometimes "from mouth to ear" (err my english is lagging ;)) is the best way to know a man status.

You can tell English isnt my first language, Im trying really hard not to be clock guy number 2

That's the whahibrido pickingant guy, so you're safe. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #4313 on: December 28, 2015, 10:25:20 AM »
Well, I'm disappointed that Faythe isn't blind. :neverusethis:

The Looking Glass part II confirmed

There's also this

Illumination Theory-II. Live, Die, Kill: ''Chancing it all in a final act of faith''

The Astonishing: 9. Act of Faythe

DT13 is confirmed to be The Astonishing Looking Octavarium Metropolis of Tuscany Theory :omg:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4314 on: December 28, 2015, 10:37:35 AM »

You can tell English isnt my first language, Im trying really hard not to be clock guy number 2, but sometime there are slips :\
That's OK, you're doing great.

You should see the slips that kingshmegland makes almost daily, and English IS his first language.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4315 on: December 28, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »
I'm the worst.  Hef though is an evil person for pointing this out. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4316 on: December 28, 2015, 10:42:34 AM »
 :blush
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4317 on: December 28, 2015, 10:53:35 AM »
 :lol

Can't hide the facts Hef! :lol

At least I don't talk like I type.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #4318 on: December 28, 2015, 10:54:40 AM »
Faythe looks like a rebel. I'll bet she's the one who switches sides in 'Moment of Betrayal'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4319 on: December 28, 2015, 10:58:28 AM »
:lol

Can't hide the facts Hef! :lol

At least I don't talk like I type.
Thank God.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #4320 on: December 28, 2015, 11:27:12 AM »
As I said a number of pages back, I expect Faythe to be the love interest of either Gabriel or Ahrys.

Arhys *may* be eliminated from this by the fact he tweeted "I shall never forget my promise" when Evangeline was revealed.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4321 on: December 28, 2015, 11:43:09 AM »
Count me in anyway among those who think there will be a 25-30 minutes encore at shows. 3 hours show as all Evening With shows, 2h45' of actual music because of the 15 minutes intermission, the album lasts 2h10', the remaining time will be devoted to 2-3 classic songs or a single epic.

And about feeling weird about playing other stuff after The Astonishing... they've never been an Iron Maiden kind of band where they decorate all the stage with all sort of props and toys, the atmosphere will be given by the visuals of the screen behind them, can't see them decorating the stage. They change the screen to something else and problem solved, and anyway, did anyone feel out of place when Iron Maiden on an egyptian stage set played literally every song that has nothing to do with Egypt except one?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4322 on: December 28, 2015, 11:49:19 AM »
I dunno if it has been discussed but I feel like these characters pictures would have been cooler and easier to connect with if they were mere hand drawings, these CGI's are so lifeless and mannequin-like, they remind me of faces that the Tony Hawk video game would let you create to customize your character on the old PS2 games.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #4323 on: December 28, 2015, 12:04:08 PM »

Alright, Faythe has finally been revealed… and she's with the Empire! ???

"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4324 on: December 28, 2015, 12:06:29 PM »
I need to stop looking at the art. It's kind of awful looking to me and is giving me negative predispositions to the album (which I'm actually pretty confident is going to be great musically).

Offline V_R11

« Reply #4325 on: December 28, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »

Alright, Faythe has finally been revealed… and she's with the Empire! ???

Definitely not what I had expected her to look like at all. Is she related to the emperor?
Seasons change and so can I

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4326 on: December 28, 2015, 12:08:18 PM »
I dunno if it has been discussed but I feel like these characters pictures would have been cooler and easier to connect with if they were mere hand drawings, these CGI's are so lifeless and mannequin-like

I agree completely. I guess that's more or less understandable given the setting, but the hand drawings would've been great to see.

That's one of the reasons I adore Ayreon's album covers so much.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

« Reply #4327 on: December 28, 2015, 12:49:17 PM »
JP said one of the characters had no lines in the playbill. Any suggestions who that might be? The mysterious char8?
Or maybe Faythe, the Maggie Simpson of the Astonishing?

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4328 on: December 28, 2015, 01:00:09 PM »
From JP's interview with Rolling Stone we can be sure that the following characters are portrayed by James, he specifically says how he suggested him to sing them:

I would say things like, "For Gabriel, I want you to sound like you're 25-year-old James LaBrie." Faythe is a female, so I wanted him to sound female. Arabelle is an older female, so: "I want you to sound wise. Nafaryus, give him some attitude and wrath, be a little snarky with him — he can have a little bit of an attitude." [...] Every once in a while he'd be singing ... maybe he sang something from Arhys, who's a rebel commander, and I would say, "James, if that's coming from him, I think you should sing it with a little bit more strength, because he's supposed to be a commander."
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #4329 on: December 28, 2015, 01:04:35 PM »
JP said one of the characters had no lines in the playbill. Any suggestions who that might be? The mysterious char8?

Where did he say this?

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4330 on: December 28, 2015, 01:05:34 PM »
In the Rolling Stone interview I quoted, he said James had to sing all characters but one.

Offline Moor

• The more the merrier
« Reply #4331 on: December 28, 2015, 01:12:10 PM »
Gabriel scored a goal tonight....for Arsenal.
The songbird stoped to listen when he scored.

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #4332 on: December 28, 2015, 01:15:06 PM »
I forgot about that bit. I wonder if the lyric book will contain a couple of "stage directions" then. Otherwise what's the point of even having the wordless character?

« Reply #4333 on: December 28, 2015, 01:21:15 PM »
I read the interview again and he says one has no singing part, but maybe a speaking? Like the hypnotherapist?

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #4334 on: December 28, 2015, 01:24:23 PM »
I forgot about that bit. I wonder if the lyric book will contain a couple of "stage directions" then. Otherwise what's the point of even having the wordless character?

John Myung confirmed as clock guy!!!

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4335 on: December 28, 2015, 01:27:51 PM »

SFAM was straightforward compared to this, and it had characters mentioned and even lyrics written in italics to symbolize the past. I can't imagine the booklet for The Astonishing won't go to great lengths to make sure we all understand who's singing what.

« Reply #4336 on: December 28, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »

John Myung confirmed as clock guy!!!

"tackle"

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4337 on: December 28, 2015, 01:31:06 PM »
Are those earphones?
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline hadi-persian

« Reply #4338 on: December 28, 2015, 01:40:10 PM »
maybe the faythe stop to listen when garbriel sing! faythe leading the songbird from GNE. gabriel help to people that dont undrestand the true music. faythe listen to gabriel voice and joining to RRM. but she slayed from the GNE soldiers.whats ur idea?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4339 on: December 28, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »
I need to have a little lie-down, now.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens