Author Topic: Dream Theater: The Astonishing (now with moment of betrayal!)  (Read 1200720 times)

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
Re: Dream Theater: The Astonishing (now with premier of The Gift of Music!)
« Reply #3360 on: December 13, 2015, 04:31:34 AM »
This page of the thread needs green font for clartiy.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3361 on: December 13, 2015, 04:41:35 AM »
clarity

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #3362 on: December 13, 2015, 05:30:54 AM »
You'd think that with new information, this thread would have gotten better, not worse.

Yes, but it's been several days without new info. Discussion of a tidbit of info can only last us about 24-48 hours before we regress back into silly season again. And considering most of the important info is now out, it might stay this way until release day.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3363 on: December 13, 2015, 05:36:55 AM »
Yeah, this thread desperately needs another "single" to be released ASAP!

I'm willing to bet that Tracks 1 and 2 on both discs are segues or instrumentals.

Therefore i'm calling " Heaven's Cove " as next single.

Offline |KirK|

• DT Addicted
  • Seize The Day
« Reply #3364 on: December 13, 2015, 06:05:44 AM »
Following this thread has become more or less like a job... Is there anything important that I should know in the last....30 pages?!  :o

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3365 on: December 13, 2015, 06:17:28 AM »
Following this thread has become more or less like a job... Is there anything important that I should know in the last....30 pages?!  :o

Anything important would be in the other thread... What we know...

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #3366 on: December 13, 2015, 06:32:20 AM »

Anything important would be in the other thread... What we know...

Indeed. If someone wants to cut through the discussion, they should just read my thread. Otherwise, there is no point behind me updating it.

Offline CoT67

« Reply #3367 on: December 13, 2015, 05:44:19 PM »
Do you realize this thread has been active for little more than a month now, and we're close to 100 pages of speculation? The previous DT13 thread reached 100 pages and was closed. Combined they're almost 200 pages, and we're still more than a month away from the album's release! Interesting how desperate we've been about new info these last months :lol

Well, this is "The Astonishing thread" after all!

...I'll just leave for now
People in Tuscany are never going to lure you into their wine cellars and drown you in wine barrels, you know.
Or that’s what they’ll make you think.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #3368 on: December 13, 2015, 05:44:54 PM »
And this thread has ground to a halt after 11 post-less hours. DTF has moved on apparently.  :lol

edit: and of course I get ninja'd. That's just the forum saying "not today."
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3369 on: December 14, 2015, 05:55:46 AM »
This page of the thread needs green font for clartiy.

It really does.

You'd think that with new information, this thread would have gotten better, not worse.

Are you new here?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3370 on: December 14, 2015, 05:59:51 AM »

Are you new here?

Am I new here? Boy, this thread is giving me PTSD flashbacks to my Octavarium sub-forum days. If you didn't live through it, you don't know what it was like in those trenches! :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3371 on: December 14, 2015, 06:03:56 AM »

Are you new here?

Am I new here? Boy, this thread is giving me PTSD flashbacks to my Octavarium sub-forum days. If you didn't live through it, you don't know what it was like in those trenches! :lol

I was around back then, but under a different name. I didn't post as much. I spent more time at MPs forum back them. That was interesting as well.  :lol

Offline Moor

• The more the merrier
« Reply #3372 on: December 14, 2015, 06:41:29 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MAiFoJW4u8

A fake track alleging to be Dystopian Overture. The funny thing is that MM commented on the vid saying "this is not us"  :biggrin:

He could have added "asshole"

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3373 on: December 14, 2015, 06:52:30 AM »
Please DO NOT post anything that has not been officially released by the band or the label.  If you are not sure, ask a mod or me before posting.  Anyone posting unauthorized information, regardless of the source, will be banned until at least the release date--no exceptions.

Unfortunately, while I was away for several hours earlier today, there was some unauthorized information posted in the other thread, and there have been several pages of discussion since then, some of it related, and some of it not, that I do not have the time to wade through.  Because of that, I have to delete that thread.  Please feel free to re-post any and all relevant information (as long is it follows the forum rules, including the ban on leaded information).  Thank you all for your understanding.

(EDIT by ariich, 13 Nov: This includes even POTENTIAL LEAKS. In the run up to album release, jokers always put fake leaks up online, some more obvious than others. From now on, these will be treated the same as real leaks. It's really quite simple - wait for official announcements/releases.)

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #3374 on: December 14, 2015, 06:57:13 AM »
Please DO NOT post anything that has not been officially released by the band or the label.  If you are not sure, ask a mod or me before posting.  Anyone posting unauthorized information, regardless of the source, will be banned until at least the release date--no exceptions.

Unfortunately, while I was away for several hours earlier today, there was some unauthorized information posted in the other thread, and there have been several pages of discussion since then, some of it related, and some of it not, that I do not have the time to wade through.  Because of that, I have to delete that thread.  Please feel free to re-post any and all relevant information (as long is it follows the forum rules, including the ban on leaded information).  Thank you all for your understanding.

(EDIT by ariich, 13 Nov: This includes even POTENTIAL LEAKS. In the run up to album release, jokers always put fake leaks up online, some more obvious than others. From now on, these will be treated the same as real leaks. It's really quite simple - wait for official announcements/releases.)

I was thinking the same thing, until I saw the comment that MM has posted in that discussion. Which makes it a different thing, to me.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3375 on: December 14, 2015, 06:58:00 AM »
Funny how it's always the instrumental tracks, huh? :neverusethis:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Moor

• The more the merrier
« Reply #3376 on: December 14, 2015, 06:59:50 AM »

I was thinking the same thing, until I saw the comment that MM has posted in that discussion. Which makes it a different thing, to me.

I am totally aware of the above rules; however, as noticed, I wanted to share MM's comment rather than a stupid vid.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3377 on: December 14, 2015, 07:00:29 AM »
Somehow, I doubt the bosk will agree.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #3378 on: December 14, 2015, 07:02:50 AM »

Don't think so. Someone from within the band acknowledges that this thing exists, and discusses it himself. But it'll be up to the mods.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline CoT67

« Reply #3379 on: December 14, 2015, 07:28:51 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MAiFoJW4u8

A fake track alleging to be Dystopian Overture. The funny thing is that MM commented on the vid saying "this is not us"  :biggrin:

He could have added "asshole"

Even more hilarious is the guy that answered to MM's comment by insulting and swearing at him in spanish for no apparent reason.
People in Tuscany are never going to lure you into their wine cellars and drown you in wine barrels, you know.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #3380 on: December 14, 2015, 07:38:39 AM »

Even more hilarious is the guy that answered to MM's comment by insulting and swearing at him in spanish for no apparent reason.

He's probably one of those guys responsible for uploading these fake leaks :P
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline CoT67

« Reply #3381 on: December 14, 2015, 07:44:54 AM »

He's probably one of those guys responsible for uploading these fake leaks :P

Apparently not, judging from his youtube channel... but he has uploaded a couple of MP drumcam videos. I guess we found a clue...  ::)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3382 on: December 14, 2015, 08:04:22 AM »

Don't think so. Someone from within the band acknowledges that this thing exists, and discusses it himself. But it'll be up to the mods.
Since MM actually discredited it, we know it's not a real leak.  Should be fine.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3383 on: December 14, 2015, 08:16:14 AM »
Don't know if its my imagination, but on The Astonishing web page, is the Nomac at the bottom of the page getting bigger?
When the page opened I'm sure the Nomac almost fitted completely on the screen, now only half fits on!

Offline Vandalism

• DTF.org Alumni
  • A Voluntary Lapse of Reason
« Reply #3384 on: December 14, 2015, 08:25:41 AM »
I think you are on to something. But I honestly can't confirm. Though I think it never overlapped the left and the right blueprints like it does now!
\\m// Death is the first Dancing Turtle \\m//

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #3385 on: December 14, 2015, 08:30:08 AM »
Looks the same to me . . .

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #3386 on: December 14, 2015, 08:30:48 AM »
I seriously doubt it, I can't confirm because I haven't measured it, but I'm absolutely sure the eyes haven't changed in size, so if you'd be right that means they're stretching the image out of proportion.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #3387 on: December 14, 2015, 08:38:53 AM »
I still think those eyes are eventually going to lead to something. Why else would they be clickable? I certainly can't think of any alternative.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline rab7

« Reply #3388 on: December 14, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »
New character: Empress Arabelle, from the Empire

New map piece, too

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #3389 on: December 14, 2015, 09:35:34 AM »
Gah, they're really saving the clock guy for last.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3390 on: December 14, 2015, 09:37:57 AM »
New Anglya ?

New Anglais ?

New England ?

Offline rab7

« Reply #3391 on: December 14, 2015, 09:40:30 AM »
New Anglya ?

New Anglais ?

New England ?

Sounds about right if we're going with the theory that the map is based on New York and its surrounding areas. But then New Pavonya would be New Jersey, and I'm not sure what the connection is. "Yorkeland" at least has York in it, and Anglya sounds similar to England.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3392 on: December 14, 2015, 09:46:40 AM »
Not sure who this Mike Mangini fellow is or where he is getting his information.  However, having heard the real Dystopian Overture myself, I can confirm that his information is correct.  This ain't it. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #3393 on: December 14, 2015, 09:47:59 AM »
Too bad JP already spoiled Arabelle for us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the remaining characters has been hinted to or revealed in any way by the band, including the press already released regarding the new album.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3394 on: December 14, 2015, 09:58:43 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the remaining characters has been hinted to or revealed in any way by the band, including the press already released regarding the new album.

Well, if you don't count Faythe, that is.

"Anglya" is very close to Russian way of saying "England", so there.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.