Author Topic: Dream Theater: The Astonishing (now with moment of betrayal!)  (Read 1200887 times)

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
Re: Dream Theater: The Astonishing (now with album cover!)
« Reply #2450 on: December 03, 2015, 11:25:29 AM »
It's amusing when people keep ignoring rules even when they're mentioned multiple times.

I'm on the fence about whether I should listen to a single or not. It would be a better experience to wait until I have the full album in my hands. I might just break down and listen if it does indeed come out tomorrow though... Gotta fight the urge  :lol

What do you guys think I should do?
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline Nomaniac

• Long Live Dream Theater!!!
  • Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #2451 on: December 03, 2015, 11:26:49 AM »
Hey guys! I don't know if anyone was aware, but this band Dream Theater is working on their 13th album. Some are already saying that it will be a double concept album, but that's way too far-fetched, even for them.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hear the cool drum parts that Mike Portnoy will come up with this time!

Can't wait to hear what Kevin Moore comes up with as well! Space-Dye Vest was killer ;)
"Through Nature's Inflexible Grace, I'm Learning To Live"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2452 on: December 03, 2015, 11:27:19 AM »
there will be a single soon enough

That's not soon enough!

:)

Futurama reference. ;)

Offline Voices

• Like a scream but sort of silent.
« Reply #2453 on: December 03, 2015, 11:28:47 AM »
They should release the damn album tomorrow. I'd be happier that way.  :angry:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2454 on: December 03, 2015, 11:29:47 AM »
I can confirm that, at least according to the last version of the rollout schedule I have, The Gift of Music WILL be available to listen to soon.  As far as I know, the site that posted it early was not authorized to do so.  As always, if it is not through an official source, assume it is not safe to post or discuss.  If you need clarification on what is or is not fair game, PM me or a mod BEFORE posting.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2455 on: December 03, 2015, 11:30:39 AM »
Apologies, I thought it was just sharing of links and not discussion.

I'll edit my posts, not sure I can delete them.

Well the mods make the final decision . . . but good on you to edit it out :)

Yes, but if someone makes a mistake and posts something they shouldn't, if they edit it out before we catch it, they will not be banned.  If they leave it up and say, "eh, I'll just let the mods deal with it," we will "deal with it" by issuing a ban.

Even though we do not have an "official" affiliation with the band, we have a great relationship with the band and management and are part of the unofficial DT marketing team because we take the band's wishes very seriously and do our best to follow them.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline genome

« Reply #2456 on: December 03, 2015, 11:31:50 AM »
Duly noted, I don't visit much so I'm not familiar.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2457 on: December 03, 2015, 11:31:57 AM »
I have been following this thread daily, but due to the potential of spoilers will cease to visit the Dream Theater forum until I have this astonishing new album in my hands, and have a chance to listen to it for myself, start to stop.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2458 on: December 03, 2015, 11:33:24 AM »
I have been following this thread daily, but due to the potential of spoilers will cease to visit the Dream Theater forum until I have this astonishing new album in my hands, and have a chance to listen to it for myself, start to stop.

Understood, Chris.  I admire your self-control.  Sometimes, I wish I had the luxury of being able to stay away.  But given my position here, I kind of have to be somewhat on top of all the latest news so I can help weed out leaks and fakes and just generally do my job.  It is my curse, and I gladly accept it.  :)

Offline Nomaniac

• Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #2459 on: December 03, 2015, 11:35:16 AM »
I can confirm that, at least according to the last version of the rollout schedule I have, The Gift of Music WILL be available to listen to soon.  As far as I know, the site that posted it early was not authorized to do so.  As always, if it is not through an official source, assume it is not safe to post or discuss.  If you need clarification on what is or is not fair game, PM me or a mod BEFORE posting.

Noted Bosk. I'll make sure to just ignore them from now on to be safe . . . no more responding for me!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2460 on: December 03, 2015, 11:35:38 AM »
Anyone notice the similarities to the new Meagadeth album cover (Dystopia). Looks like Nomacs hovering in a futuristic setting. I wonder if it's the same artist. Btw, the cover looks awesome on the new Megadeth and DT albums..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2461 on: December 03, 2015, 11:36:49 AM »

Understood, Chris.  I admire your self-control.  Sometimes, I wish I had the luxury of being able to stay away.  But given my position here, I kind of have to be somewhat on top of all the latest news so I can help weed out leaks and fakes and just generally do my job.  It is my curse, and I gladly accept it.  :)

You're a better man than I. Best of luck to you and the team in keeping everything under control here.  I seem to recall a mandatory shutdown prior to the release of Octavarium. I'm sure that nobody wants to see something like that happen here and now.

Offline Nomaniac

• Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #2462 on: December 03, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »
Anyone notice the similarities to the new Meagadeth album cover (Dystopia). Looks like Nomacs hovering in a futuristic setting. I wonder if it's the same artist. Btw, the cover looks awesome on the new Megadeth and DT albums..

It has been discussed actually . . . wonder if it is related :huh:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2463 on: December 03, 2015, 11:42:01 AM »
TO HELL WITH IT.

click here for new music :neverusethis: :nomac:

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #2464 on: December 03, 2015, 11:42:30 AM »
No DT league?  :'( Or are you talking about this subforum solely?
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2465 on: December 03, 2015, 11:43:51 AM »
No DT league?  :'( Or are you talking about this subforum solely?

This subforum. The league is full speed ahead! I could never stay away from  the Polls & Survivors forum.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #2466 on: December 03, 2015, 11:43:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna cave in and listen to the single when it's released. The urge for new Dream Theater music trumps my patience. I cannot wait 2 more months.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline Nomaniac

• Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #2467 on: December 03, 2015, 11:45:10 AM »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2468 on: December 03, 2015, 11:45:39 AM »
Some suggestions for the possible or future leaks... treat downloading music as masturbation. Everybody does it? yes. Do people talk about it in public? hell no.

;D

If I would give in to the temptation, I would just keep my mouth shut, or actually, my fingers away from the keyboard, it's not THAT hard. But my plan is to listen to the album after the purchaase on release date so I will skip the single when it will be officially released. Just say it's the least impressive song on the record, I don't want to spend two months thinking "Meh, I've already paid to see a concert of this album that I might not like".
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #2469 on: December 03, 2015, 11:46:03 AM »
If they do release the single, I would assume they would also issue a release date for the album.  It would be kind of weird to release the single and say, "If you like the single, be sure to pick up the new album at some point next year!"

I'm shocked they were still mixing and mastering last week. 

This is DT's Chinese Democracy! (Give or take 15 years)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2470 on: December 03, 2015, 11:46:23 AM »
Enjoy it !! :neverusethis:

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #2471 on: December 03, 2015, 11:47:19 AM »
TO HELL WITH IT.

click here for new music :neverusethis: :nomac:

Man DT's new music really took a big dip in quality.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Offline Nomaniac

• Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #2474 on: December 03, 2015, 11:48:39 AM »
Some suggestions for the possible or future leaks... treat downloading music as masturbation. Everybody does it? yes. Do people talk about it in public? hell no.

;D

Words of wisdom!!! :lol

But seriously . . . good advice. And if it takes the concept of masturbation for it to hit home to some of these people, so be it xD

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #2475 on: December 03, 2015, 11:50:19 AM »
treat downloading music as masturbation. Everybody does it? yes. Do people talk about it in public? hell no.

Try going to the mall in my neighborhood  :lol

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well
« Reply #2476 on: December 03, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »
I didn't even know that myspace was still a thing!

This is why I have a hard time believing that the single will be TGOM.... or that it'll be released tomorrow. How is it possible that any band, let alone DT, would "leak" a first single to an all but defunct service like Myspace?  :huh:
Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2477 on: December 03, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
I have a feeling this album cycle may break Ariich.  :facepalm:
FFS. :lol

Thread cleared a bit more. Might be some more bans once I'm home and am not posting from my phone.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2478 on: December 03, 2015, 11:53:42 AM »
I have a feeling this album cycle may break Ariich.  :facepalm:
FFS. :lol

Thread cleared a bit more. Might be some more bans once I'm home and am not posting from my phone.

So your power is limited!   :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2479 on: December 03, 2015, 11:56:28 AM »
Really loving the leaked track. I didn't think JLB was capable of reaching the high notes anymore until I heard the "CRUCIFYYY" chorus.

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #2480 on: December 03, 2015, 11:56:49 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar, but every time I look at the NOMACs I can't help but think of the servitors from Destiny.

Forgive me if this comparison was made before, I haven't read all 71 pages!  Haha
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Nomaniac

• Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #2481 on: December 03, 2015, 11:58:12 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar, but every time I look at the NOMACs I can't help but think of the servitors from Destiny.

Forgive me if this comparison was made before, I haven't read all 71 pages!  Haha

No problem . . . that simply means, unlike some of us, you have a life :lol

It does look kind of similar btw! :omg:

Offline Kix

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2482 on: December 03, 2015, 11:58:19 AM »
A Rolling Stone gathers no moss. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2483 on: December 03, 2015, 12:01:36 PM »
Dammit Kristin!  :lol

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well
« Reply #2484 on: December 03, 2015, 12:03:18 PM »
Really loving the leaked track. I didn't think JLB was capable of reaching the high notes anymore until I heard the "CRUCIFYYY" chorus.
https://youtu.be/p8jKFJsXWpM

I'd hope it's fake, whatever it is.
Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?