Author Topic: Dream Theater: The Astonishing (now with moment of betrayal!)  (Read 1200871 times)

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
Re: Dream Theater: The Astonishing
« Reply #1855 on: November 27, 2015, 11:55:16 AM »
Of course this is fake, but I really like it... Anyone know what is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qRqUyibXLI

Siri says it's from Final fantasy 8. Piece is called " Force Your Way ".

Oh no...  :-[

Online lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #1856 on: November 27, 2015, 12:01:51 PM »
This page "CoveSound Glen Cove" shows up with the same fakes EVERY SINGLE DT RELEASE... Sometimes it's a videogame soundtrack or the sound of some demonstration JR did with a new key-dget or the latest patch of Omisphere at NAMM

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1857 on: November 27, 2015, 12:09:17 PM »
Siri is correct...Nobuo Uematsu came up with that and he is a beautiful mastermind of the musics. That is a remix, though I'm not sure if it's official or fan-made, I'm guessing fan-made.

Here is the original for those interested and liking it. There are a plethora of other amazing tracks through the Final Fantasy games.

ED: Actually, I did recognize it as official, it's Uematsu's prog-rock oriented band called The Black Mages playing it. (Towards the end of the song is where the snippit from the douchebag posted it)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:16:48 PM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #1858 on: November 27, 2015, 12:23:05 PM »
I love rock/metal remixes of video game tracks... So epic..

It looks like I was sorta on the right track with my vague theory. As the Chosen One, Gabriel will almost certainly be responsible for some big decisions related to the conflict between the Empire and the Rebels. As the brother of Arhys, he will likely have plenty of influence on him.

The seed of curiosity continues to grow.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1859 on: November 27, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »
I'm 100% sure that I won't understand anything of the story the first time that I listen to the album. I'll be paying so much attention to the music that I will forget to actually listen to every word that James will be singing, lol.

Offline GandL

« Reply #1860 on: November 27, 2015, 12:35:32 PM »
I'm 100% sure that I won't understand anything of the story the first time that I listen to the album. I'll be paying so much attention to the music that I will forget to actually listen to every word that James will be singing, lol.

I'm in your camp.... Lol

Offline Thematt202

« Reply #1861 on: November 27, 2015, 12:35:42 PM »
The Path Devides will clearly be the first single.  I'm pretty sure that's what they've been teasing all this time...
Shaman take my haaaaand!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1862 on: November 27, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
Pretty sure there is actually a passage in a DT song that sounds like the beach landing from FF8

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1863 on: November 27, 2015, 12:36:10 PM »
This. Will mainly focus on the music the first time, after all, that's what forms my first impression with every other band aswell.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1864 on: November 27, 2015, 12:37:31 PM »
How do Mods feel about us posting links to youtube clips that are *clearly* fakes and we post them as such ?

I think it's funny hearing what people post on YT with comments neatly disabled - and pass off as new DT.

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #1865 on: November 27, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »
Pretty sure there is actually a passage in a DT song that sounds like the beach landing from FF8

Wasn't it Bridges in the Sky?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1866 on: November 27, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »

Wasn't it Bridges in the Sky?
Yeah that section after the first "Shaman take my hand" is pure Final Fantasy.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ledlemos08

• Trapped inside this Octavarium ♪
« Reply #1867 on: November 27, 2015, 01:03:13 PM »
Siri is correct...Nobuo Uematsu came up with that and he is a beautiful mastermind of the musics. That is a remix, though I'm not sure if it's official or fan-made, I'm guessing fan-made.

Here is the original for those interested and liking it. There are a plethora of other amazing tracks through the Final Fantasy games.

ED: Actually, I did recognize it as official, it's Uematsu's prog-rock oriented band called The Black Mages playing it. (Towards the end of the song is where the snippit from the douchebag posted it)

Amazing version!!! Thanks
Trapped inside this Octavarium ♪

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1868 on: November 27, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »
This. Will mainly focus on the music the first time, after all, that's what forms my first impression with every other band aswell.

Indeed. if the music and production is A+ then I probably won't give a crap about the lyrics.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1869 on: November 27, 2015, 01:15:07 PM »
More speculation, but as I'm looking at their pictures, I actually reckon that Nafaryus might be Arhys' father. They certainly share some facial similarities.

Offline Nomaniac

• Long Live Dream Theater!!!
  • Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #1870 on: November 27, 2015, 01:18:37 PM »
More speculation, but as I'm looking at their pictures, I actually reckon that Nafaryus might be Arhys' father. They certainly share some facial similarities.

That's actually been discussed before on this thread, definitely some similarities there . . . would be a plot twist for sure!
"Through Nature's Inflexible Grace, I'm Learning To Live"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1871 on: November 27, 2015, 01:21:01 PM »

Shurely you can't be Sherious ? !

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #1872 on: November 27, 2015, 01:26:17 PM »
With what little information we have, it's not out of the realms of possibility yet. Son, possibly even heir to the Empire's throne, realises there is a better life away from the tyranny and forms a rebellion.

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #1873 on: November 27, 2015, 01:28:42 PM »

I agree with him. They both have two eyes, a nose and a mouth. They also both have hair too. Arhys is even trying to grow a beard like Nafaryus. That can't be a coincidence! I do see what RoeDent means though. We'll see if it turns out to be true.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1874 on: November 27, 2015, 01:36:43 PM »

I agree with him. They both have two eyes, a nose and a mouth. They also both have hair too. Arhys is even trying to grow a beard like Nafaryus. That can't be a coincidence! I do see what RoeDent means though. We'll see if it turns out to be true.

I was referring more to the fact that Nafaryus looks like Sean Connery.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1875 on: November 27, 2015, 01:43:33 PM »
Kotowboy, I'm shitting here on a rock!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1876 on: November 27, 2015, 01:44:53 PM »

I musht be dreaming.

Offline chego_voice

• Jose "Chego" Cabrices
« Reply #1877 on: November 27, 2015, 01:54:43 PM »
there are a lot of new members in here wow

Y'all noobs should head on over to GMD whenever you get a chance and hang out with us.

Sure! Would be nice to know what that is, though xD

Yeah, because we ARE noobs  :lol

Would be happy to join in  ;D

Yeah! what is that?
 :lol
"Remember the death is not the end"..."The Spirit Carries On"

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1878 on: November 27, 2015, 02:01:55 PM »
For future reference, I recommend going to the "What we know so far" thread, this one's 90% bogus, 9% educated guesses and 1% clock theories. Unless you, like me, enjoy whacky conversations. Anyways welcome to DTF!

Speaking of which, where is Clock Guy? It's been a while since I last saw him.

Yeah, I miss clock guy. It was becoming routine for me and my friend to read his new posts every morning.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #1879 on: November 27, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »

Thish ijn't even poshible!
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1880 on: November 27, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
Yeah! what is that?
 :lol

General Music Discussion subforum, any music discussions non-DT related.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #1881 on: November 27, 2015, 02:19:33 PM »
Guys, just thought of something:

Heaven's Cove, from the 2nd act is an instrumental piece.

Heaven's Cove

Hell's Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen is the neighborhood of Avatar Studios, where DT recorded FII

Cove --> Cove City Sound Studios, Glen Cove, where DT recorded the last albums including TA

I really wish they put in it the new intro they created to Trial of Tears while on the last tour...

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #1882 on: November 27, 2015, 02:38:43 PM »
Great news everybody, but when do we suspect a single will be released? (if they do....)
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #1883 on: November 27, 2015, 02:49:02 PM »
Great news everybody, but when do we suspect a single will be released? (if they do....)

I call January 1st. Start the year of release on a high, and a few weeks of promo before the album release.

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1884 on: November 27, 2015, 02:49:17 PM »

Something before january is my bet, lol.

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #1885 on: November 27, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »

December 25th? :lol
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1886 on: November 27, 2015, 02:52:26 PM »

December 25th? :lol

Wouldn't that be nice? Something decent happening Dec 25th other than good food and relatives that don't give a crap phoning you :P

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1887 on: November 27, 2015, 03:04:38 PM »
For future reference, I recommend going to the "What we know so far" thread, this one's 90% bogus, 9% educated guesses and 1% clock theories. Unless you, like me, enjoy whacky conversations. Anyways welcome to DTF!

Speaking of which, where is Clock Guy? It's been a while since I last saw him.

Yeah, I miss clock guy. It was becoming routine for me and my friend to read his new posts every morning.

He came - he talked a fuck load of bollocks - he clocked out :neverusethis:

Offline Nomaniac

• Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #1888 on: November 27, 2015, 03:19:49 PM »
Guys, just thought of something:

Heaven's Cove, from the 2nd act is an instrumental piece.

Heaven's Cove

Hell's Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen is the neighborhood of Avatar Studios, where DT recorded FII

Cove --> Cove City Sound Studios, Glen Cove, where DT recorded the last albums including TA

I really wish they put in it the new intro they created to Trial of Tears while on the last tour...

Hey you might be on to something there!

Offline Nomaniac

• Dream Theater Fanatic
« Reply #1889 on: November 27, 2015, 03:22:10 PM »

Yeah I agree . . . sometime mid to late December is when I think it'll be released . . .