Author Topic: Dream Theater: The Astonishing (now with moment of betrayal!)  (Read 1207286 times)

Offline hadi-persian

Re: Dream Theater: The Astonishing
« Reply #805 on: November 14, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »
u dont need to clock.cause u have not the job. u have always free time for siiting front of pc and txt for the new dt album? but ur hat is very astonishing. jp must buy it from u and using for recording new fuckin album :rollin :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #806 on: November 14, 2015, 01:14:24 PM »
from writing the elemans in spect element.the part of act l and act ll . the elements show to us the 10 part in espect element. before realising the 17 track in act l i active the espect elemnt that there was 17 empty part with 3 coloumn. and in act ll we have 10 part with 3 coloumn.guys pls scratch ur mind and dont tell about the DT's length of tracks. so w8 for listening to album.for u is very easy to get the see the live.but i'm live in iran.the country that the DT never come here.but it is not importanat.listening to album and see the DVD live is amazing! so dont tell a joke about dt and use from ur cheers days and new year!

Dude, no offense, but my brain hurts from reading your posts. It hardly needs scratching after that.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online ronnibran

« Reply #807 on: November 14, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »
I wonder if "places" will just be tour info. Probably not but who knows.

Offline hadi-persian

« Reply #808 on: November 14, 2015, 01:19:36 PM »
what time is it? are u always online in dt forums? dont u have any job or other work?for Ex:flating ur hat. cuttimg ur nose with help of dr. and help to jp for playing fast solo. so sit and think about the clock behind the char8. one day u said: It's Fucking clock. :lol

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #809 on: November 14, 2015, 01:24:49 PM »
I don't think I have ever had this much fun here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 01:33:00 PM by BlackInk »

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #810 on: November 14, 2015, 01:25:51 PM »

Well, the tour has already been posted and the tickets are bought so...

I'm pretty sure it will detail places that are relevant to the story.

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #811 on: November 14, 2015, 01:26:45 PM »
I dreamed again with the upcoming album. DT was sending some puzzle boxes to people in order to promote the new album. There were supposed to be 4 boxes, each representing a different element (water, fire,...). I only remember getting the first, delivered by some red bird. The puzzle consisted in being able to make a thunder go through water. Other people were getting different puzzles, like creating some kind of vacuum somewhere. And there was that implicit rule that we couldn't use the internet to solve the puzzles.

Online ronnibran

« Reply #812 on: November 14, 2015, 01:29:17 PM »
what time is it? are u always online in dt forums? dont u have any job or other work?for Ex:flating ur hat. cuttimg ur nose with help of dr. and help to jp for playing fast solo. so sit and think about the clock behind the char8. one day u said: It's Fucking clock. :lol

It's approximately 3:30 pm in my time zone. I've worked 6 days this week, but i appreciate your concern over my employment situation. Good luck with your clock adventures!

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #813 on: November 14, 2015, 01:30:32 PM »

I thought about something that could be cool concerning that this morning. I was watching a video of this artist called Anthony Jones who was working on an interactive online gallery where you could walk around and watch his digital sculptures and artworks. So maybe ''places'' could be an interactive section of the website where you can visit locations of the story. We could walk around Nafaryus throne room or Ravenskill's headquarters.

However it seems a bit complex so I doubt it will end up being that. It would be interesting to see though!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #814 on: November 14, 2015, 01:39:48 PM »
Man do I love the clock man! Wouldn't want a DTF without him.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #815 on: November 14, 2015, 01:48:06 PM »
u dont need to clock.cause u have not the job. u have always free time for siiting front of pc and txt for the new dt album? but ur hat is very astonishing. jp must buy it from u and using for recording new fuckin album :rollin :lol

You leave my fabulous hat out of this !!!!!!!!!!! :getoffmylawn: :angry:

I do too have a job and since my audio interface stopped working and the weather went to crap -

- I relax by browsing online and playing PS4. :) x

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #816 on: November 14, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
And then, as the album comes to an end, we find that the clock somehow turns out to be the most important character of the whole ''Astonishing'' story...

Wait it all makes sense now! The hands of a clock move in circle and they end their journey where they began. The clock is the Octavarium!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 01:57:27 PM by CDrice »

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #817 on: November 14, 2015, 01:53:19 PM »
Clock Guy is very obviously a 'normal' person trolling the thread (blatant inconsistencies in his posting style), but to be honest it's very well done, impressive even, and I hope he carries on with it, he's genuinely funny.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #818 on: November 14, 2015, 02:00:32 PM »
The expression "Clock Guy" reminded me of this: https://youtu.be/Kz3AbZ630kw?t=2006 :lol
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #819 on: November 14, 2015, 02:09:53 PM »
Calling it: Tracks 1, 11 and 17 are instrumental because they are identified by a hovering NOMAC next to the title.  Thoughts?

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #820 on: November 14, 2015, 02:15:08 PM »
Train of Thoughts..

1 Instrumental track: Stream of Consciousness.. Track 6 + 11 minutes = 17..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #821 on: November 14, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »
And then, as the album comes to an end, we find that the clock somehow turns out to be the most important character of the whole ''Astonishing'' story...

Wait it all makes sense now! The hands of a clock move in circle and they end their journey where they began. The clock is the Octavarium!

And that, my friends, is what is truly......Astonishing.

*the curtain falls*

Offline Nothingface

« Reply #822 on: November 14, 2015, 03:26:40 PM »

It's simply not enough that you're functionally illiterate, you must also be arrogant and belligerent.
Condoms? Um, are they like a dream theater souvenir?  Where can I find those condoms? That'd be really nice to havr.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #823 on: November 14, 2015, 03:37:24 PM »

It's simply not enough that you're functionally illiterate, you must also be arrogant and belligerent.
Absolutely no need to be insulting someone just because English isn't their first language. Between this and some other recent posts of yours, you might want to have a read of the forum rules (https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=7.0) regarding being respectful.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Thematt202

« Reply #824 on: November 14, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
About time somebody said something.  Anyone wondering why the vast majority of members are EU/UK/US have their answer right here...  :-\
Shaman take my haaaaand!

Offline RaasMah

« Reply #825 on: November 14, 2015, 04:45:02 PM »
Hey all! long time lurker here, finally signing to the forum :)

Just wanted to say Im really exited for the album. A bit scary of it being too weird, but DT never failed me before.

I have a small question, Since it is kind of a dream and a life goal for me to see them live, Ive decided I have to see them this tour. That means traveling to EU specifically for this. Now, since Im kinda broke I have to plan this cheaply. Germany seems the perfect location, but currently there are no tour dates for it. Does any of you, who have experience with DT tours, know anything about whether they will arrive to Germany? I have to know because tickets are selling out and I need to book a show.  Any help or advice would be really much appreciated.

So thats it, Im eager to hear this album and start participate in your one of a kind endless forum debates and rankings ;)

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #826 on: November 14, 2015, 05:14:04 PM »
Clock guy should be a new emoticon lol.

Strangely, I agree with him, and somehow think the clock is relevant, but not to the album launch date or whathever.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #827 on: November 14, 2015, 05:35:05 PM »

Just wanted to say Im really exited for the album. A bit scary of it being too weird, but DT never failed me before.

I have a small question, Since it is kind of a dream and a life goal for me to see them live, Ive decided I have to see them this tour. That means traveling to EU specifically for this. Now, since Im kinda broke I have to plan this cheaply. Germany seems the perfect location, but currently there are no tour dates for it. Does any of you, who have experience with DT tours, know anything about whether they will arrive to Germany? I have to know because tickets are selling out and I need to book a show.  Any help or advice would be really much appreciated.

So thats it, Im eager to hear this album and start participate in your one of a kind endless forum debates and rankings ;)

So, welcome to DTF at first.
Now I have to tell you, anything related to the tour can be seen on this thread: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44873.0
There were concerts in Germany announced a few days ago. Funny enough they just disappeared from the band`s website recently what really confuses me since I was, like you, planning to buy tickets for a concert in Germany. So basically, we can just hope and wait for an (re-)announcement.

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #828 on: November 14, 2015, 06:23:39 PM »
Can I request a thread be started that only chaossystem and clock guy be allowed to post in?  I would pay....
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #829 on: November 14, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »
The number of posts is thinning. That means we need another update!

How's the weather? lel

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #830 on: November 14, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »
Can I request a thread be started that only chaossystem and clock guy be allowed to post in?  I would pay....

I wouldn't even have a word to describe what that would be like.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #831 on: November 14, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »
PLZ GUIES NEED MOAR NU INFO

MY OCD ADD ADHD DEMANDS ITS

(btw, why can't I find some of these cool emoticons in my reply options? And in the "more" option it appears only the "flamethrower" guy emoticon)

Offline WinterN

« Reply #832 on: November 14, 2015, 11:04:38 PM »
I think that the NOMAC tracks are probably short ambient tracks, maybe with dialogs, sfx or some kind of music.

Since this album is going to be played live, it's reasonable to think that was composed with that in mind. So, the 1st act could be a whole theme, with an intro, and outro and a small break in the middle. I imagine the start of the concert without the band, with some sfx, lasers and maybe an animation of the descent of the nomacs, and them having DT in the stage performing the Overture (2nd track).

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #833 on: November 15, 2015, 12:34:03 AM »

Now I have to tell you, anything related to the tour can be seen on this thread: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44873.0
There were concerts in Germany announced a few days ago. Funny enough they just disappeared from the band`s website recently what really confuses me since I was, like you, planning to buy tickets for a concert in Germany. So basically, we can just hope and wait for an (re-)announcement.

Welcome to the forum.....

The tickets for this tour are not cheap.... 2-3 times more than on a normal tour. But it will be a very special event so it will be worth it I think.

I have a question regarding those german dates.
Does any one know if the places they had up for a short while have orchestra pits?
Someone mentioned that all of the booked theaters have pits. If those did not then there is a chance that this would be a reason perhaps.

Offline jsbru

« Reply #834 on: November 15, 2015, 01:52:17 AM »
:lol this album had SO better not end on a cliffhanger !!!!!

Heh, watch it will and DT14 will be the finale!

DT14: Metropolis Pt. 3 - The Third Is Love
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline jsbru

« Reply #835 on: November 15, 2015, 01:55:10 AM »
I wonder why "places" is locked up even though we can see what it says...

Cause they wanna tease us.

This whole thing is a major tease. DT must be having fun

Deep down, we deserve this.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #836 on: November 15, 2015, 04:43:33 AM »

Welcome to the forum.....

The tickets for this tour are not cheap.... 2-3 times more than on a normal tour. But it will be a very special event so it will be worth it I think.

I have a question regarding those german dates.
Does any one know if the places they had up for a short while have orchestra pits?
Someone mentioned that all of the booked theaters have pits. If those did not then there is a chance that this would be a reason perhaps.

I`m not 100% sure about this one, but I think the hall in Bochum has a pit. I don`t know about the other places though, but nevertheless why did they even appear on the website when they weren`t even planning to play there? I mean, it cannot be that they just realized, two days after the announcement: "Wait a second, the places in Germany we booked do not have a orchestra pit. Well let`s just cancel them again."

I have to admit, I`m a bit angry about that, because I honestly wanted to go to the concert in Bochum and I really don`t get it that they booked the venues just to see that they have no pit and cancel it 2 days after the shows were announced.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #837 on: November 15, 2015, 04:46:58 AM »
I know for a fact that the Amsterdam Carré does not, this is what it looks like from the artists POV:

people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #838 on: November 15, 2015, 04:55:59 AM »

(btw, why can't I find some of these cool emoticons in my reply options? And in the "more" option it appears only the "flamethrower" guy emoticon)

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44889.0
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #839 on: November 15, 2015, 04:58:38 AM »
I know for a fact that the Amsterdam Carré does not, this is what it looks like from the artists POV:

Neither does Cirkus in Stockholm as far as I know.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls